Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Vasectomy - what's the big deal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Spoken For
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Vasectomy - what's the big deal?Page 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Every guy I've ever known that has had it done says it's the best thing they've ever done! I mean, the worry ends, immediately. No more kids. A tubal ligation in women has a terrible rate of failure, a vasectomy is just about impossible to fail.

And for all you guys who think it'll hurt your sex drive? If anything, it'll rev it up a notch! See, being completely worry-free does something to loosen up inhibitions you didn't know you had!
 Strings6
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Vasectomy - what's the big deal?
Posted: 2/22/2010 3:20:34 PM
Want to have some fun...do it and don't tell anybody...then let some women try to tell you she's pregnant with your baby...priceless
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 178
Posted: 2/22/2010 3:33:20 PM
^^^Always the cynic!!! Actually there have been cases where the vasectomy hasn't worked and the woman did get pregnant............

At my age I'd be more than happy to meet a man who'd already had it done. I'm not interested in having any more babies.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2010 4:20:24 PM
OK, I haven't read all eight pages, just skimmed them to see if I'd already weighed in years ago.

I had my vasectomy while still in my twenties and have never regretted it. The discomfort was minimal - I was out mowing the grass that afternoon - and I can't remember how long it was before I had sex afterwards, as I wasn't seeing anyone at the time, but do know I was fully functional in short order.

I was never opposed to being a parent, just opposed to not getting to decide when the time was right, and unwilling to stay celibate until that time came along. I figured I might someday connect with a single mother or adopt, although as life has played out neither happened. I just never felt a driving need to sire my own offspring, thought there were already plenty of humans on the planet, and doubted my unique DNA was essential to keep the species going.

A fringe benefit I hadn't anticipated was that women I met quickly sorted themselves into one of two camps: either they said "oh, goody!" or turned their back immediately, letting me know right away that they were shopping more for a sire than a mate, which was good information to have.

I would recommend a vasectomy to any man not bound and determined to father his own child, and that seems like the standard view for others who've gone the V route.

Dave
 Strings6
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2010 4:35:33 PM
Spicynicy,why thank you for the compliment.....that may hve been the case at one time but it's not anymore...yes i would get a tremendous kick out of some women telling me i'm a daddy when she should be telling some other man.
 MamitaMorena
Msg: 181
Posted: 2/23/2010 12:38:08 AM
As a woman who's dated a man with a vasectomy, it's like Christmas in July!!! IF you're both D&D free, no worries of pregnancy. You can literally make love anywhere.

To the men saying"why don't the women getg sterilized".. IT IS NOT EASIER FOR A WOMAN!! We have to go under GENERAL anestesia. Most doctors will not perform a radical hysterectomy or tubal ligation with cauterization on women under 40 years of age. Furthermore, the uterus is literally REMOVED out of the womb and placed on the abdomen to reach the Fallopian tubes, making this a VERY INVASIVE surgery. This procedure is similar in completion to a ceasarean section. Hospital stays are usually anywhere from 3 days to a week after surgery, to monitor bleeding and any infection risk. Sometimes a prolonged hospital stay is necessary.

As for a vasectomy, it's an OUTPATIENT procedure. Usually no hospital stay, and can be performed under either local or general anesthetic. A small labroscopic incision is made close to the vas defrens in the testes, and the active testicle is disconnected from the rest of the penis, but left to produce testosterone for the body. The incision is either tied off or cauterized to ensure embolism. The entire procedure usually takes no more than 3 hours and the patient can return home same day or following day with pain management.

soooo....In a nutshell (pun intended) A VASECTOMY IS WAAAAYYY EASIER!! JUST MAN UP ALREADY!!!
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 182
Posted: 2/23/2010 4:50:06 AM
^^^Men are just wimps............LOL

I've had 3 caesarians and I'm not about to undergo anything else unless I have cancer or something serious...................
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 9:57:00 AM
They get absorbed into our bodies, and the testosterone keeps our voices deep, faces hairy, and brains logical. (I'll duck now....)

Dave
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 184
Posted: 2/23/2010 11:13:00 AM

One thing that puzzles me.

What happens to all the sperm that are still being produced? Surely they go somewhere or do they get broken down and end up as waste products?

the tooth fairy takes them.
 majortom60
Msg: 185
Posted: 2/23/2010 11:50:26 AM
Actually, you are correct! I had my vasectomy when I was 25, after my ex-wife's having 4 children. I felt it was the gentlemanly thing to do. There are less complications with a vasectomy than tubal ligation anyway. I did have complications, but I would still do the same thing, if the situation arose. As for the sperm, they still get produced, they just can't swim down the vas deferens, and so, yes they break down into waste product.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 186
Posted: 2/23/2010 12:01:06 PM

What happens to all the sperm that are still being produced? Surely they go somewhere or do they get broken down and end up as waste products?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the tooth fairy takes them

But I thought it was the pretty penii semen fairy! You mean she doesn't exist?
 thatusernameistaken
Msg: 187
Posted: 2/23/2010 12:04:08 PM
I was just talking about this today with a coworker. I had mine done after the birth of my two children. Sex with knowledge of no need for contraception is much much better imo.
 MamitaMorena
Msg: 188
Posted: 2/23/2010 12:10:55 PM
hahah@ spicy.. My mom had ceasarean with me. I do NOT envy her at all!!

And Major tom....Where were men like you when I was 25??? LOL "Fixed" men ROCK!!!!!
 WasabiGal2
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 4:11:15 PM

"Fixed" men ROCK!!!!!

I love that my guy had a vasectomy ---- it's fabulous..... All you single guys on here that have had vasectomies you should put it in your profile... There are lots of women who don't want to be on the pill (or can't), but would love to be an exclusive sexual relationship with a guy where there are no condoms, no worries about pregnancies.
 MamitaMorena
Msg: 190
Posted: 2/26/2010 6:36:36 AM

All you single guys on here that have had vasectomies you should put it in your profile... There are lots of women who don't want to be on the pill (or can't), but would love to be an exclusive sexual relationship with a guy where there are no condoms, no worries about pregnancies.

amen to that wasabi!!!!

I think men who are "fixed" should totally have that as a profile perk. I'd write a guy with a "V" first before the guy without one. Keping in mind all other variables are similar (age, body type, intellect, etc)
 NYRon1967
Msg: 191
Posted: 8/3/2010 1:26:49 PM
Hey, MamitaMorena, i had a vasectomy after my 2nd son was born about 10 years ago, and even though i believe most women like that, i dont think its a good idea for a guy to put that in their profile. Kinda implys hes expecting sex right away, IMO
 valenciacityx
Msg: 192
Posted: 8/4/2010 4:36:58 PM
Put it in the profile....
I suppose that would be an upgrade from
I have no children. I am not looking to have any. I am not looking to be a parent.
How much you enjoy your kids (------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
How much I do/would/could (-)
* caveat, if you have had children and they have left the house, then we are on the way to getting along.
 FavouriteDreamsOfYou
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2010 5:19:26 PM
Lots of men in my ex's family have had a vasectomy, all without complication.

I have 2 children with my ex, and I'm glad he didn't get a vasectomy, as he's now free to have more kids if he meets someone who'd like to have some.

I have never taken any form of contraceptive and never will - I refuse to put unnatural hormones into my body. I use a natural family planning method - which does work.
(If a child happens though, I'd be happy to accept the child.)

I will never get a tubal ligation and would never expect any man to get a vasectomy. But if a man wanted one, or already had one, I'd respect his choice.

(To the guy who said that nature intended men to father children until old age - are you nuts? The quality of sperm degrades the older a man becomes, and the risk of abnormalities goes up.)
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 194
Posted: 8/5/2010 9:20:42 AM

Lots of men in my ex's family have had a vasectomy, all without complication.

I have 2 children with my ex, and I'm glad he didn't get a vasectomy, as he's now free to have more kids if he meets someone who'd like to have some.

I have never taken any form of contraceptive and never will - I refuse to put unnatural hormones into my body. I use a natural family planning method - which does work.
(If a child happens though, I'd be happy to accept the child.)

I will never get a tubal ligation and would never expect any man to get a vasectomy. But if a man wanted one, or already had one, I'd respect his choice.

(To the guy who said that nature intended men to father children until old age - are you nuts? The quality of sperm degrades the older a man becomes, and the risk of abnormalities goes up.)

most men have a quite natural aversion to the presence of razor-sharp instruments in close proximity to the 'family jewels'.
 FrogsSnailsAndPuppytails
Msg: 195
Posted: 8/5/2010 1:49:04 PM

Mastectomy - what's the big deal?

Both are pretty callous statements
 FavouriteDreamsOfYou
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 5:28:46 PM
"most men have a quite natural aversion to the presence of razor-sharp instruments in close proximity to the 'family jewels'."

I can believe this. I, as a female, also have a natural aversion to any sharp instrument going anywhere near mine.
 FavouriteDreamsOfYou
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 5:31:15 PM
"Vasectomy - what's the big deal?
Mastectomy - what's the big deal?"

These are two very, very different things. A man isn't having his penis or testicles chopped off with a vasectomy.
But I agree it's thoughtless for anyone to say 'What's the big deal?' in regards to a vasectomy. It IS a big deal and requires careful thought and consideration.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 198
Posted: 8/5/2010 6:35:37 PM

So you've already had your kids OR don't want any to begin with. You're over...let's say 40, why wouldn't you get a vasectomy?

Mayhaps the same reason women over 40 with grown kids don't have their breasts removed. Really, you won't be using them any more, so why have them?

Not funny, huh? Now do you understand?
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 199
Posted: 8/5/2010 6:48:21 PM

Question: if you're done having kids, does it matter if you end up single again? You still don't want kids whether you stay in the relationship or not. Why would you have to change that decision or regret the surgery? I find that strange.

You'd just find someone who's ok with not having any/more kids...I would imagine.

My ex had a vasectomy while we were married. Now he is married to a very young Latino lady who is expressing a desire to have children. I don't think he has told her he can't have kids anymore. He certainly wasn't pleased when he became a grandfather a few months ago, it caused a little bit of friction with his child bride.

I have noticed that some men are totally happy with their decison to have a vasctomy and don't regret it. They feel they have taken care of something they don't want to deal with again. If a man feels he may still want to reproduce, then don't even consider it.
 m_church
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 11:22:32 PM
I think men are not looking at this logically...

If your partner wants you to get a vasectomy... then negotiate on it....

1... Tell her your going to need a 60"+ Plasma screen and Blu Ray Player to watch while you're recovering... and maybe an XBOX360 too... maybe surround sound, and a really good remote control... ( The remote is actually so you don't feel guilty for making her change the channels etc...)
2... Point out to her that you feel embarrassed now that you are no longer a man and that you could never show your face around HER inlaws again... She should understand.... Then you won't have to go to their place and ideally she won't invite then over...
3... Tell her that she needs to keep bringing you cold beers for at least 2 weeks as beer is good for keeping you from getting a 'painfully traumatic' erection during the recovery time...
4... You will need lots of protein to help your recovery... so she should be cooking steaks on the BBQ everynight... (See #3 again)
5... Point out to her that she should be helping your 'manly' self esteem by insisting on performing oral on you more often than before the surgery...(after you have recovered...)
6... Point out to her that to be on the safe side to make sure all the 'swimmers' are gone, that once you recover, she should only perform oral for at least 6 months.... and that you'll reciprocate once you feel 'manly' again...
7... For the next couple of years, remember to look like you're in pain if you have to do chores that she could do, like mowing the grass, shovelling the snow... Remind her of how you "Took one for the team..." Ideally she will get you a beer and help you to the couch and grab the remote for you, before going out to finish the lawn, driveway etc...
8... Now you and the once male dog (women like to experiment on the family dog before they get their men neutered) can sit on the porch and every once in a while, heave a sigh.... Remember to share a bit of your beer with the dog... Afterall, you can always yell for her to get you another one... (Remember to wince painfully after yelling...)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Vasectomy - what's the big deal?