Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Vasectomy - what's the big deal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Codeguru
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Vasectomy - what's the big deal?Page 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

So you've already had your kids OR don't want any to begin with. You're over...let's say 40, why wouldn't you get a vasectomy?

Seems to me like the smart thing to do yet so many men literally 'freak out' at the very thought of it.

If you don't get the concept, and want to go get one, congrats. Money can't buy some things once they are gone, and they are gone for good. I wouldn't destroy any part of my body or retard a bodily function for any reason, unless it involved my survival...

Codeguru
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 172
Vasectomy - what's the big deal?
Posted: 10/27/2010 8:26:09 AM
My friend won't neuter his dog because he thinks it will "deprive" him. Yeah, deprive him of wondering around getting lost while sniffing for b!tches...

I don't want kids, a vasectomy is on the way once the holidays are over. I'm not sure how it makes me less of a man, though...
 karma1160
Msg: 173
Posted: 10/27/2010 9:08:16 AM
Posted By: justaman72 on 10/4/2006 358 PM
Subject: Vasectomy - what's the big deal?
"What is Non-Surgical Vasectomy?...does anyone know about this?....is it Laser surgery?
I hear there is no incision with this surgery.

I don't know of any non-surgical vasectomy techniques but I do know of a non-surgical sterilization technique for women called The Essure Procedure. There are no incisions and it's so non-invasive that even anesthetic is not required. I would encourage anyone who is concerned about some of the risks of vasectomies to look into this option "
Karma posted:
Essure may not require anesthetic but believe me the patient gets medication, and lots of it.
Essure is a proceedure, where two tiny springs are placed into the beginning of the fallopian tubes, scar tissue grows around them and they obstruct the opening so no eggs can flow into the uterus.
It can not be reversed.
It is actually pretty amazing, it does require opening the cervix and entering the uterus which is sterile so there are some risks.
 som1spcl
Msg: 174
Posted: 10/27/2010 9:14:05 AM

Mayhaps the same reason women over 40 with grown kids don't have their breasts removed. Really, you won't be using them any more, so why have them?
Not funny, huh? Now do you understand?

Msg 207...what a jacka$$!

Of course a vasectomy is a big deal. Having said that, it is also the less invasive procedure when considering permanent birth control.
So guys, women take the hits most of the time. We usually deal with birth control when we become sexually active, we go through the pain of giving birth, not to mention the pain & discomfort of the pregnancy & yet so many 'men' [ i use that term loosely] expect women to be the ones to now have surgery to prevent pregnancy. Of course you can use a condom from then on but again it is the 'men' that tend to complain about this form of birth control the most. Now then, how about the whining about how much pain you will be in...are you serious? Oh wait, that would be better described as selfish & self~serving!
Now before I get slammed from all the guys out there, I really am not putting all guys in this category. I do realize that there are many MEN that are considerate of others & will step up to the plate to do what they think is best for their family. To those of you that do care & can put commonsense before selfishness...I stand &
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 175
Posted: 10/27/2010 10:32:17 AM
Of course you can use a condom from then on but again it is the 'men' that tend to complain about this form of birth control the most.

Condoms are much less effective, even when used properly, than hormonal methods, which is why peole used them.
Trust me, if there were a birth control therapy for men, we'd be on the bandwagon in HUGE numbers, and vasectomists would be out of business.

But, it is each persons own choice & for many people, a rather hard choice to make.

That's right. If you're a woman who is 100% done having children and you're sure of that, tube removal is a good option, just like the vasectomy option for men. It's kind of unrealistic for someone, male or female, to enter a relationship and demand that the other have their respective surgery done to prevent childbirth. If you are sure you don't want kids, get your respective surgery and be done with it.
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 176
Posted: 10/27/2010 1:44:06 PM
My husband is 49 and I am pregnant with our first child. He has 2 sons from previous relationship. I'm glad he didn't get a vasectomy at age 40.
 a_wiseguy67
Msg: 177
Posted: 10/27/2010 7:32:24 PM
It was pretty easy actually. I actually talked to the doctor and a med school student while he was doing the procedure. The only downside was the med student was a really cute 20 something Chinese girl and anesthesia doesn't stop some reactions. The upside to it was I knew it worked.

JWG86
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/28/2010 12:08:19 AM
I am 24 and strongly considering it, but want to wait until I am 30 to make that call. I have a happily married co-worker who has had one, he his in his early 30's. No regrets on his part that I can tell. He told me for $75 with out insurance I could have it done as well. Like I said, not ready to make that call until 30, though.
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 179
Posted: 10/28/2010 6:24:53 PM
The male procedure is much less serious than a female having her tubes tied. If a man truly cares about his wife, he'd have the less serious procedure done. My sister's husband had a vasectomy didn't want any kids after 4.
 mrcs84
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2010 7:06:00 PM

If a man truly cares about his wife, he'd have the less serious procedure done

People still say this kind of garbage?

"If you loved me, you would....[insert nonsense demand here]"
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 181
Posted: 10/29/2010 4:31:12 AM
mrcs84:

It's called caring about someone else and their safety before your own, when you know what they'd go through to be sterile would be more invasive and have more risk involved. All that goes with a vasectomy is nipping something called a vas deferens of a male, a pretty minor in office procedure.
 Paige 1984
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2010 9:06:56 PM
Go ahead, sweep out the human race! I just hope my future husband is not social with any of you! I'd be damned no wonder most of you here do not have settled families I guess too busy ruining your relationships and purnishing some none deserving people....Well I guess life beat you with a big bad stick (children out of wedlock) or so you think so go ahead fight back and watch yourselves still be on POF while in "ASSISTED LIVING"My 2 cents.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/1/2010 12:13:52 PM
yeah...freak out at the thought of self mutilation, let me think about that for a sec, mmm.....BECAUSE IT'S SELF MUTILATION!!! That's the big deal!
 Helen0426
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/1/2010 12:21:43 PM
^^ Oh, dude, you're not supposed to try to do it yourself...

Don't try to do your own root canals, either!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/1/2010 2:05:15 PM

mrcs84:

It's called caring about someone else and their safety before your own, when you know what they'd go through to be sterile would be more invasive and have more risk involved. All that goes with a vasectomy is nipping something called a vas deferens of a male, a pretty minor in office procedure.

jezebellpgh

I believe what he was trying to point out was the manipulation of "If you love me you'll."

I see your point in the ease of the vasectomy against the tube ligation.
I actually agree......Had a buddy had a vasectomy his wife turned up pregnant.......She also turned up divorced....
Turned out their three year old child they had together was not his either..........Funny what a 45 minute procedure will accomplish!
 pirateheaven
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2010 4:07:00 PM
I would never have a vasectomy. If anyone came near little Elvis with a surgical instrument, I'd question his will to live.

Circumstances could change in life and you may want to procreate. I wouldn't mess around with such a critical piece of male anatomy for birth control purposes.
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/2/2010 6:43:20 AM
"So knowing that, what difference would a vasectomy make if you are still using a condom anyways?"

I have a daughter because a condom broke a year before I got a vasectomy.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 188
Posted: 2/4/2016 10:53:35 AM
The idea of something sharp coming anywhere near that area ????

Um no, just no
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 189
Posted: 2/4/2016 11:25:59 AM
So men compare vasectomies to mastectomies (the balls don't get chopped off during a vasectomy - please educate yourselves), don't want anything "sharp" down there (yet they probably are circumcised and had their boys circumcised). They don't want to "alter" a natural function (nothing get's "altered", your hormones stay the same, you won't put on weight or have an increased stroke risk like women, who are supposed to swallow or implant hormones that alter their body chemistry are detrimental to their health ). Plus again, circumcisions are done on a regular basis and no-one bats and eye, but vasectomies are the devil. Oh boy.

My ex husband had it done and I was present during the procedure. Frankly, my two c-sections were more complicated and risky than a vasectomy. They can also be reversed, so it's not permanent. Some men are just cry babies and want to take no responsibility when it comes to THEIR part in preventing pregnancies. Don't complain if you knock someone up then.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 3:58:41 PM
I agree with Thorn, as a woman I would still want to use protection whether the guy had the snip or not. What is the right age to get it done anyway?? After you have had the family you want??. You could divorce, meet a woman who wants a child and it could be a dealbreaker for her. You may also, heaven forbid, lose a child that you have and wish to have another. If you are adamant that you do not want children, ever, then sure I would consider it and I know those in their thirties that have had it done for that reason. Some of the procedures can be reversed but not all.
 8inscrew
Msg: 191
Posted: 2/4/2016 5:44:50 PM
I had it done in mid Dec.
It was painless. Took about 20 minutes. I played angry birds while he was doing his thing.
He thought that a little odd. I was a little concerned for his safety and wanted my hands busy.

Sitting in a chair, slightly reclined. Starts on one side. Needle in the testicle. No pain.
Small cut, pulls out the tube, soldering iron, fold and clip. One stitch shut.
Repeat other side. The needle hit a nerve on that side. No pain but my leg twitched a little.
Out the door. Cost $963. But they are now saying it's $1043. Not paying the extra eighty.

No recovery pain, but he gave me a script just in case.
Made sure everything worked about 2 hours later.
I went running the following day.

Only problem I had was a week later.
Two guys jumped me on my late night run, and there was a quick 1-2 scuffle.
I was fine, but next few days my ejaculate turned pink, then red, then straight blood.
Probably from the quick movement.
Then went back to normal. Still no pain, just disconcerting.

Easier and safer then having her do it. Something like 1 in 4000 for guys.
42% for c sections, 4 out of 10.
25% for vaginal, 1 out of 4.
32% tubal ligations fail overall and end up with ectopic pregnancy. 1 out of 3.

Easy and safe for guys, just maybe mentally hard.
Imagine refusing and your woman has a severe infection or worse.
Resentment about sex and making her do that?
Better to become a monk then put your woman at risk because you are a coward.

Some women take to the different bc options.
Depo shot seemed the best to me.
I don't like iud's because the wires poke me, even after having them shortened or bent or whatever.
Great feeling, a needle prick to the ooooh. Or just rubbing a spot raw....
Not sure about the nuva ring.

Many bc dose the women with hormones to trick their bodies into stopping the ovation.
Dangerous. Raises cancer risk exponentially.

It was easy for me. Just make sure you are sure. Chances of going back are slim.
I notice no difference save the worry of unwanted pregnancy.
I can kinda dig around in there and feel the clipped ends, but doubt a woman would notice.

Sounds like too much information, but guys should know it's not bad.
It's all in their heads.

Edit.. karma, testicular circumcision? A vasectomy be reversed? Are you really a nurse?
If so.... your advice is not what they told me. Might want to check before giving out an opinion.
Being a professional and all....

Oh yeah... I was born after a tubal ligation.
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 192
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:22:55 AM
Apparently some pet owners are opting to keep testosterone in their dogs by having vasectomies performed on them instead of neutering.

Kudos to these owners for being sensitive their pets male needs...
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 193
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:48:38 AM
TEsticular cirumcision? WTH? I never said that? But the foreskin is a very NATURAL and delicate part of the male anatomy and people here have no qualms chopping it off their newborn sons who can't give consent. But vasectomy is "altering with a natural thing". Well, so is circumcision. A little hypocrisy there.

And yes, vasectomies can be reversed. Sometimes they reverse themselves, nature finds a way, you should know, you said you were conceived after your mom had her tubes tied. I've met several parents who conceived decades after the dad had his vasectomy. A coworker of mine's husband had his reversed and they are trying to get pregnant (this is his second marriage, she has no kids and wants them).
 meetme28269
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:49:19 AM
Had mine when I was 27,now over forty years ago.
Have never regretted it ,in fact ,I found it to be very freeing in my sex life .No worries about anymore kids.
Why did I have it done,well, my wife had put up with pills,the coil etc. it really felt like it was my turn to
Take some of the responsibility.
 8inscrew
Msg: 195
Posted: 2/5/2016 1:31:39 PM
Aha! Had their children circumcised.... not the "boys". My mistake.

I am well aware it can reverse it's self spontaneously, and you can get reconstructive surgery.
I was advised by the Doctor.... it's a small chance of success.

Your words sounded to me, very sure it was a no problem/no doubt deal to reverse. Quite the opposite
of what my medical staff advised me.

I apologize for my misunderstanding.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Vasectomy - what's the big deal?