Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 towman72gmc
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Will a non smoker date a smoker ?Page 2 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
I've dated a couple of smoker. It did not seem to be a big issue until it got cold and I would not let them smoke in my house or car.
 deafsmileys
Msg: 31
Will a non smoker date a smoker ?
Posted: 11/6/2006 8:10:19 PM
i wont date with a guy who is a smoker i am allergics to smokers can not stand all the smellings smoking is a waste of time and bad health for you when smoker guy kissing me taste really bad not as great smoking is bad not good when u are lighter up cigerette sucking your cigerette just like a blow job makes your cigerette so horny lol
 vhdc
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/7/2006 3:31:38 PM
^^^^ >>>very much a visual creature with a highly developed sense of smell. Just can't *do* a smoker. You look great, probably feel great, but you need to taste great as well.
 vhdc
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/7/2006 3:57:58 PM
I can appreciate that sentiment (alcohol) and not being near them when they drink. With that being said, I can taste nicotine on the skin..I will not elaborate, so as much as a smoker may be conscience of their habit brush/wash/cover the smell as they try..I still am able to taste it (it rears it's head in many ways). Would I be tempted by you? You bet.
 MsViv676
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/7/2006 4:07:48 PM
I am a non smoker and dated a smoker ....I loved him so much that it didn't matter. So I say yes, take the chance some people do not care one way or the other.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2006 6:59:47 PM
prof48,

That is the most ridiculous reply I have seen yet- and yet is is somehow justified by the courts. Just because 80 % of the population doesnt smoke make it right for them to pick on the 20% that do. Its just the same as discrimination against any minority and based on some extremely distorted facts. Just because it has become politically acceptable to bash smokers does not make it right.

I would wager a guess that standing within 5 feet of a smoker exposes you to far less carcinogens than standing beside your car while fueling it up ( gasoline contains 20% aromatic hydrocarbons IE benzene toluene xylene). People will argue smoking is bad while standing over a pile of burning leaves ( how natural and earthy). Those people that stand 50 feet from people that smoke and start coughing are simply giving in to the media and perception by conditioning.

I think that smokers should be respectful and not fill up a room with smoke where others may find it offense. But call it "assault" is over the top. It's less offensive than someone farting in public on an elevator. Trying to make it out as anything more is lunacy.

No trying to brag- but I am a Chemical Engineer- so I think I know a bit.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2006 2:21:42 PM
FW- Of course I would date a smoker since I am one too- I actually seek them out just so there would be no issues. Write to a few ladies who don't - if they have strong feelings against it in a relationship- having preferences is OK- so Kay sarra sarra. To each their own.

I am interested in the post and therefore responded- may it be a little off topic or not. These threads tend to wander once they get long enough anyway.

Keep foruming and
 BiltmoreGirl
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2006 11:54:09 PM
I am a smoker and have also not contacted men that dont smoke. It would be great if this site could add an additional column for "what they are looking for in a partner: Doesnt mind smokers OR cant be around smoke"

It is difficult enough to find Mr Right from a photo. This is a big factor with most people. What do you think??
 Greystone1
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 4:30:35 PM
If you want to date smokers, date smokers. If you don't want to date smokers, don't date smokers. What strikes me as interesting about this thread is that people who are not otherwise rude have no qualms about insulting smokers. Seems it's the politically correct thing to do. Rude is rude, even if it's politically correct rudeness.
 vhdc
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/13/2006 5:41:18 PM
I see smokers being overly sensitive to the fact that they are eliminated as potential partners for those of us who do not. I would say people were adamant about not wanting to date smokers, rather than being rude.
 vhdc
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/14/2006 6:39:27 AM
Yahh roo you hit the nail on the head "Free choice" and it is my choice not to date a smoker. You see this discussion as bashing or berating, I assure you it is not. What you choose to do is none of my business and I would not be so arrogant as to confront you with my truths and not expect a good tongue lashing. There was a questioned posed and I answered, no bashing, just my truth.
peace
 eeyoremasque
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/14/2006 8:55:13 PM
I am a Non-Smoker...

But like many others on here, I will date a Smoker if he seems like the right kind of guy...

But even if I am dating a Smoker... He can't smoke in my car nor my home... My choice since they are my things... Most Smokers that I have dated have no problem with the issue... I dated a Smoker for two years when I got out of college... It was an understanding between us...

If He is the right one, the smoking shouldnt be an issue...

Then again - Like this thread needed my two cents...
 Majors_Daughter
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/18/2006 8:35:26 AM
Yes. But only with the ideas in their heads of: I can try to change them. They wont smoke that much.Or they wont be allowed to smoke around me. Or I don't mind it (but they do)
Relationships like this do work out sometimes, but usually crash n burn.
I've made it a mission of my own not to date any smokers. Lets face it, there is no need to sit there while someone is smoking just so you're not rude. Putting your own health isn't worth it at all.
 Hotcakes88
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2006 3:09:48 PM
I will not date a smoker. I get sick when i am around people who smoke and i personally don't want to subject myself to that. I also don't like coming home smelling like smoke or when kissing a guy who smokes you can always taste the cigarrettes.
 vhdc
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/20/2006 11:56:36 AM
So, I thought I would give this man a try. So, on Sunday I met him for coffee..great guy, really great guy unfortunately he smelled like mints and tobacco. So for those of you who think you can mask the smell and we do not notice, wrong. I felt queasy the whole time.
 vhdc
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/20/2006 3:22:45 PM
Yeah, I tried. Pity, I won't take up smoking.
 Greystone1
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 5:07:57 AM
It seems non-smokers are incapable of answering the question without resorting to lectures and insults. Are all non-smokers rude wannabe dictators? Probably not, but it sometimes seems that way.

As a rule, I try to avoid contacting non-smokers, because I don't want to be nagged and/or insulted. I'm not attracted to rude controlling people. On the other hand, I am currently dating a non-smoker (she contacted me first). Go figure. If she doesn't like it, she knows where the door is. So far so good.
 Greystone1
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 5:52:52 AM

^^^ Nope, for the most part we just don't date you . . . or at least I don't.

And that's as it should be. Anyone who enters into a relationship with the intent of changing their partner is a control freak.
 0NTHEMARKET
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/21/2006 11:08:39 AM
Smoking is a dealbreaker for me, there aren't too many, but that's definitely one of them! Doesn't go with my lifestyle or attitude I guess....but I'm sure there are some out there that don't mind? If you're so worried about - quit!
 Agallah005
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/21/2006 12:30:16 PM
never in a million years, smokers have weird habits, they tend to be very indecisive and moody if they don't get their fix. I've been with one chick who was just ****in' and whining about something because she hadn't had a cigarette. Last chick I dated who smoked. can't handle the unecessary aggravation. and YES, it does feel like LICKING AND ASH TRAY, LOL
 Greystone1
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2006 4:31:23 AM
I really wish they had an option in the mail restriction section for 'must smoke' like they have for 'must not smoke'. Why? Because it is unbelievable the amount of mail I get from non smokers ...then, I have to remind them I'm a smoker...they claim to 'not mind',....since I've been doing this online 'meet n greet', they want to sit in non smoking sections. AND... they always try to talk me into quitting.

Yep... a lot of non-smokers are just like those obnoxious people who knock on your door pushing religion. They waste their time and yours... and they think they are doing you a favor with their lectures and insults. Worse yet... these obnoxious jerks want to pass LAWS.
 DaveVAH
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2006 10:47:06 AM
i generaly dont smoke but i dont have a problem dating a smoker.. as long as i dont get too much second hand smoke while we are togther
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >