Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 91
Update your pictures!Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Mine the very second picture I ever used when I first joined pof.

I have one word to say about it...

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawrr!!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 92
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/7/2015 9:33:45 AM
I thought it was just a general throwback, not a pic from when I first started on POF, lmao

I'd have to look for it.........nah.....I'll just leave it at that pic from way back when.

vvvvvv

lol @ pigs don't rawr, lol, I didn't even catch it in the beginning
 CharminC
Msg: 93
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/7/2015 9:46:35 AM

I thought it was just a general throwback,

Is is Belle. I'm using my earliest because of a prior post where I said I would use it. Forgotten how long I've been in the forums so I did research and ... voila :)

Funny you should rawr Pig. My username was whitetigeress then lol.
Wait a minute, pigs don't rawr.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 94
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/7/2015 10:06:38 AM

Wait a minute, pigs don't rawr.

You obviously haven't witnessed my local bar scene.
 CharminC
Msg: 95
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/7/2015 10:13:51 AM

You obviously haven't witnessed my local bar scene.

*snaps fingers
Been years since in a bar scene. Completely forgot about that bit! I stand corrected lol
However, something tells me our resident Pig isn't THAT kind of pig. Hmmm?
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/9/2015 3:02:17 PM
WAIT WAIT.
Who kissed CC's boxers????? Back up!!!

Pig, if you cut that hair or de- virgin it, Im going to put you in pain like you never imagined.
You wont be able to make a sound.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 97
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/9/2015 3:53:28 PM

Pig, if you cut that hair or de- virgin it, Im going to put you in pain like you never imagined.
You wont be able to make a sound.

I've had it since the day I left private school. So, I won't be parting with it anytime soon. "Parting"....haha. Get it? Oh, I kill me. But hey, any pain you attempt to administer on me would probably only be perceived as pleasure to my senses.

However, something tells me our resident Pig isn't THAT kind of pig. Hmmm?

I am a well behaved gentleman.
 J_BigHorse
Msg: 98
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/9/2015 7:19:43 PM

I HATE to say it, but I've seen profiles, again, I was last here in 2010/11 THEY HAVE THE SAME PHOTOS UP.
And, as I'm searching a specific type/age etc in a specific area, I thought, whoa, they should purge the system, but then I spotted the "online this week" thing.
Minimally deceptive dont you think?

I've noticed that some people declare themselves of being at a certain age when they appear older than that in their OLD photos.

aint that the gospel....a life of smoking, drinking, laying in the sun and casual exposure to leaking nuclear reactors couldn't age someone that much.
I'm talking what my first thought was a 15 year difference

I just spit out my beer. Thanks for the best laugh I had all week.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 99
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/9/2015 7:58:16 PM

I HATE to say it, but I've seen profiles, again, I was last here in 2010/11 THEY HAVE THE SAME PHOTOS UP.

I've seen people in my area using the same pictures when Columbus discovered America. lol With so much technology there is no excuse to update their profile pics.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 100
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/10/2015 1:55:55 PM

I just spit out my beer. Thanks for the best laugh I had all week.

How about the profiles in which people "re-purposed" their old photos, by doing a little clever cropping and retouching, and then re-posting and passing them off as a recent photo?

It's pretty vulgar, particularly when they half-assedly photo-shopped their chin and not their neck and expect people not to notice that one body part looks 20 years younger than another?
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 101
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/10/2015 2:00:31 PM
^^add to edit: I meant one body part appears two decades older than another in the same region of the body.

Pretty dishonest.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 102
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/13/2015 3:53:40 AM

How often are we sposda update pictures? My main profile pic is a year and half old and my face isn't changing that much week to week, month to month.

Honestly, if the same people aren't looking at it over the years -- it's not the "when" on the calendar, it's the "when" on our looks. Some people could have a 7 year difference in their photo that looks like they do now -- technically even moreso than a bad lighting pic taken 5 seconds ago. Some people could have gained or lost a considerable amount of weight in an extreme diet (or anti-diet) and look notably different in 3 months and should change it.

Especially if you use the forums and are a POF lifer, if you keep your profile open for business, even passively, you probably want to change up the photos, as other POF lifers in your area will notice. And people know other people who they introduce them on there, and you don't want to be "oh, that guy". You can keep a nice looking photo that's been around for a while as your primary as one just down the line if it still looks 100% like you... but it's good to rotate/change the pics over time anyway. A good strategy all around.

And it's always good to talk about your raccoon and baby cricket collection, too. Stating new adventures with them is always something I lag behind on.
 slowitalldown
Msg: 103
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/13/2015 8:42:26 AM
OK rotated mine to one from this past March.

I think I look different in all of my pics, but people tell me that I do look like my pics. Not sure what that means!
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 104
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/13/2015 11:54:01 AM

And it's always good to talk about your raccoon ............ collection, too.

Too funny, I had a pet raccoon when I was child. My favorite animal, and yes, I DO have a "raccoon collection". Over 200 items, from coffee cups, to oil paintings.

OT, I change with the season. Hair color and very tan, to no tan. I think people change more than, they think they do, from one year to another. Nothing wrong with providing new pics in one's profile.
 Flussbarsch
Msg: 105
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/14/2015 11:24:53 PM
Hi Igor.
Regarding your comment about "less strangely run sites" - do you care to elaborate for a dating noob, which whose are?

Greetings
The Barsch
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/15/2015 12:22:45 AM
I would like to know if there is a better site for forums than this one. I have not found it. Though of late it seems to be losing some of the more interesting posters I have to say. Hope they return, either in new guise or old.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 107
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/15/2015 8:07:33 AM
Mine are all photoshopped. My gf is 700 lbs and I am completely bawl with no teeth and blind in one eye.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 108
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/15/2015 8:14:47 AM
was it from all the bawling? :/
Nice new photos IG
Good you can see out of the other one - why we get all those spares
 ItsNotAlwaysArt
Msg: 109
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/16/2015 9:59:47 AM
Just reported someone for sending photos (my mail settings) and lo', while waiting for a reply to my well thought out reply, I googled their user name, and used googles "cache" from last year......WHOA....
lets just say, what has been seen, can not be unseen.
Completely redid their photos, stolen off the net, almost the same profile- verbatim- down to first date, job, education, grandkids, what their likes were etc, but.. changed body type, height, color of eyes, and oh, yeah, the photos...who does that?? wth

p.s. met someone for coffee, 48 year old woman, nice really..but NONE her photos showed, or the several emails mentioned her nose ring or lip diamond or whatever those are called...Might want to mention something like that before meeting someone..no?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/16/2015 6:08:15 PM
itsnotalwaysart

You met a woman 8 years younger than you, nice you say and is a nose ring or lip diamond a dealbreaker for you?
 ItsNotAlwaysArt
Msg: 111
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/16/2015 6:34:04 PM
LetitiaLeGrande, if something is a pretty big part of your life, be it style, religion, work, wouldn't you mention it early one when trying to establish a *meaningful* relationship?
Wouldn't you wonder, minimally, why something as attention grabbing as dual piercings at least in one photo? Its not really like showing up in a bright colored shirt is it? ;)
 south_city
Msg: 112
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/22/2015 6:30:28 PM
1 or 2 professional photos along with some more natural photos is okay.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 113
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/4/2015 6:17:15 AM

Message #76:
How often are we sposda update pictures? My main profile pic is a year and half old and my face isn't changing that much week to week, month to month.

Even though I am currently not looking, I am constantly updating/rotating my pictures. My main pic is only four days old.
 2ufo
Msg: 114
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/4/2015 3:51:32 PM
Ilove2laughtoo
You always have wonderful photos too.
I liked the 'hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil' one best so far.
 gtomustang
Msg: 115
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/4/2015 5:31:48 PM
As a car nut, now i'm wishing Peppie would put up a photo of her T-top Trans Am I believe she's mentioned before. And if the photo was in Kodachrome, so much the better. Maybe its b/c summer's coming to a close out here, the muscle cars are getting run one last time before going to a long sleep.

I won't bother changing my photo, b/c its not going to change the response rate. But if I had more room for scenery photos, i'd be plasterin' this place. Climbed up some cliffs that really set off the ol' vertigo, but the view with colored foliage still on the trees was worth it. even found a nice restaurant for lunch among the mill cities trying to return to financial life.

second that about love2laugh's photos, those things are awesome.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >