Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 107
Update your pictures!Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Mine are all photoshopped. My gf is 700 lbs and I am completely bawl with no teeth and blind in one eye.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 108
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/15/2015 8:14:47 AM
was it from all the bawling? :/
Nice new photos IG
Good you can see out of the other one - why we get all those spares
 ItsNotAlwaysArt
Msg: 109
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/16/2015 9:59:47 AM
Just reported someone for sending photos (my mail settings) and lo', while waiting for a reply to my well thought out reply, I googled their user name, and used googles "cache" from last year......WHOA....
lets just say, what has been seen, can not be unseen.
Completely redid their photos, stolen off the net, almost the same profile- verbatim- down to first date, job, education, grandkids, what their likes were etc, but.. changed body type, height, color of eyes, and oh, yeah, the photos...who does that?? wth

p.s. met someone for coffee, 48 year old woman, nice really..but NONE her photos showed, or the several emails mentioned her nose ring or lip diamond or whatever those are called...Might want to mention something like that before meeting someone..no?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/16/2015 6:08:15 PM
itsnotalwaysart

You met a woman 8 years younger than you, nice you say and is a nose ring or lip diamond a dealbreaker for you?
 ItsNotAlwaysArt
Msg: 111
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/16/2015 6:34:04 PM
LetitiaLeGrande, if something is a pretty big part of your life, be it style, religion, work, wouldn't you mention it early one when trying to establish a *meaningful* relationship?
Wouldn't you wonder, minimally, why something as attention grabbing as dual piercings at least in one photo? Its not really like showing up in a bright colored shirt is it? ;)
 south_city
Msg: 112
Update your pictures!
Posted: 5/22/2015 6:30:28 PM
1 or 2 professional photos along with some more natural photos is okay.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 113
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/4/2015 6:17:15 AM

Message #76:
How often are we sposda update pictures? My main profile pic is a year and half old and my face isn't changing that much week to week, month to month.

Even though I am currently not looking, I am constantly updating/rotating my pictures. My main pic is only four days old.
 2ufo
Msg: 114
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/4/2015 3:51:32 PM
Ilove2laughtoo
You always have wonderful photos too.
I liked the 'hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil' one best so far.
 gtomustang
Msg: 115
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/4/2015 5:31:48 PM
As a car nut, now i'm wishing Peppie would put up a photo of her T-top Trans Am I believe she's mentioned before. And if the photo was in Kodachrome, so much the better. Maybe its b/c summer's coming to a close out here, the muscle cars are getting run one last time before going to a long sleep.

I won't bother changing my photo, b/c its not going to change the response rate. But if I had more room for scenery photos, i'd be plasterin' this place. Climbed up some cliffs that really set off the ol' vertigo, but the view with colored foliage still on the trees was worth it. even found a nice restaurant for lunch among the mill cities trying to return to financial life.

second that about love2laugh's photos, those things are awesome.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 116
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/4/2015 8:16:34 PM

Message #119
Ilove2laughtoo
You always have wonderful photos too.
I liked the 'hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil' one best so far.

Thanks, that's also one of my favorite pictures.

Message #120:
I won't bother changing my photo, b/c its not going to change the response rate. But if I had more room for scenery photos, i'd be plasterin' this place.second that about love2laugh's photos, those things are awesome.

Once in a while I look at your profile to see if you have added new waterfall pictures. Hopefully, someday I'll take a landscape waterfall image like this one:
http://wallpapercave.com/w/PZxrvqW

I wish we could upload more images, or at least use a "cover picture" in our profiles. I have tons of landscape images that I could upload to decorate my page.

If I am not mistaken, years ago the site gave us the option to use points to purchase a "background" picture. I wonder what happened with those background images.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 117
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/12/2015 2:36:35 AM
Mine are current. F_k off.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/12/2015 3:59:08 PM
I am guilty of not having recent pictures. I hereby confess.

My two most recent are from fall of 2009.

A few years passed by in here without me realizing it, concerning my pictures. It's one of those many little things that I just don't care that much about and keeps getting put-off each day. Actually we're lucky that I have the pics that I do have. I never cared to be as tech-capable as others - some pics that I have, I had to get a disposable film camera, take selfies, take them somewhere to get scanned so that I can use them online...a simple picture was always so much trouble.

Nowadays it's easier, but I still have to do some planning and work, because I don't want to take crappy too-casual pics. And I don't really know people who want to go to the trouble of doing a good photoshoot with me and their camera phone. Well, because I don't really push it anyway cause I don't care that much.

But also I'll admit that it's because I kind of think that I shouldn't bother anymore. At my age, I probably shouldn't even be here thinking that I'll find someone. This combines with the fact that, because of what I'm looking for, I always exercised the logic that a woman that I want is only looking at my pics to get a general idea and to make sure that I'm not ugly, and otherwise that she'll decide if I'm good looking after spending time around me.

Anyway...that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
 MentalGiant58
Msg: 120
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/12/2015 4:10:57 PM
^^^
Interesting perspective.

A gal wrote me with no pic. I asked her why no pic.

She said she wants to be valued for personality and not her appearance.

I assured her a face picture would suffice for me and I'm actually not comfortable asking for a full body pic.

She obliged and we bantered a bit.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 121
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:31:23 PM

because of what I'm looking for, I always exercised the logic that a woman that I want is only looking at my pics to get a general idea and to make sure that I'm not ugly, and otherwise that she'll decide if I'm good looking after spending time around me.

Exactly.
I'll second that.

The "obsession" with photos that so many have on dating sites is laughable.

Well-lit, we need to be able to count your freckles clearly.
Close up, but not too close.
Big smile, but look natural, not forced.
No bulky clothing because, well, you're obviously hiding something.
No selfies, involve other people in your dating woes.
No bathroom shots, because well, nobody wants to be reminded that humans have to use the bathroom a few times a day.

Which is why I DO laugh when I read the stories about meets where the other person used an old or fake photo(s) and turns up looking little or nothing like the photos online.
People set themselves up for the fall/fail with their obsessiveness.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:56:48 PM
^ I agree that on the one hand a pic should be provided to be forthcoming and honest...again, to give an idea; If you're 300 pounds, don't post only pics from when you were 150, or with face only. And not from an age drastically different from the present without volunteering the info immediately in your profile or when you message each other about a discrepancy between the present and the pics...and not without your being so unaware that you look drastically different at your current age. (I once was meeting a woman in a public place, and walked by her about 4 times looking for her until she got my attention and asked "aren't you going to say hi?" She looked so outrageously different than in her pics, so different that it was like she was a completely different person altogether. And wasn't even aware of how things were from my perspective.) Despite my pics not being recent, along with any info I'd give someone when messaging...a person would have no trouble recognizing me immediately upon a first meet.

While on the other hand it is again, as I've said and we agree on, it is only to give an idea of what kind of person you are and what ball-park of "looks" that you are in...if someone is looking for what I'm looking for, and has an attitude about things even remotely similar to mine, they understand that how they feel about my appearance depends on how things turn out when we interact with each other during some first dates.

Whenever I do consider doing what I need to do to get some recent pics up, I think that I'd rather keep things how they are as one of my "tests" to help gauge what kind of person a prospect is.
 JujuO12
Msg: 123
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/16/2015 6:28:41 PM
I take pictures every weekend so I update my photos regularly....
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 124
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/16/2015 7:50:21 PM
I think it's very deceptive for people to post pictures of themselves with clothes on.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 125
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/16/2015 8:14:29 PM
And I think it's bait and switch to show a picture of a large breasted woman as your main when it's not you.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 126
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/16/2015 8:28:18 PM
^ Look here. You need to update your pictures. And this time, lose the clothes - we all know you're hiding something.
 south_city
Msg: 127
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/16/2015 9:44:01 PM

The "obsession" with photos that so many have on dating sites is laughable.

Well-lit, we need to be able to count your freckles clearly.
Close up, but not too close.
Big smile, but look natural, not forced.
No bulky clothing because, well, you're obviously hiding something.
No selfies, involve other people in your dating woes.
No bathroom shots, because well, nobody wants to be reminded that humans have to use the bathroom a few times a day.

In general I agree. A picture just needs to be relatively recent and accurate for me. Some people will make assumptions if a picture includes a member of the opposite sex, car, animals, sunglasses, an alcoholic beverage etc. I have even some seen profiles that state "if you have a selfie, we won't be a match".
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/17/2015 2:51:16 AM

I think it's very deceptive for people to post pictures of themselves with clothes on.

Comically, this hints at something which can be taken more seriously than with humor...

Something that's been argued over in here is makeup. In those discussions, a person might've realized a difference between something which really is just adornment, and something which is deceptive.

Then, when thinking of makeup, and then accessorizing, and then clothing itself...one can see that some clothing/fashion mindsets see styles as something to reflect the person, their inner and outer self. While others are deceptive about it, slipping in and out of "looks" just because they're cute and get reactions from others, even though that style or fashion does not reflect who that person really is, or is to camouflage or mislead concerning what one's body looks like.

Hence, this is yet another thing that someone may be looking for in someone's pics - not what they look like, but their use of their own clothing (and makeup), and why.

Btw, on that note...and pic angles. I wondered for quite a while why so many pics of women are taken from above. I've seen some suggest that it's to both hide the belly and show that cleavage. This may be true sometimes, but another idea dawned on me recently - yet another crazy meme floating around in female-culture (if I should put it that way) may be that men subconsciously like to see a woman looking up at them from below (Or, heck, that the woman subconsciously likes looking up at him?). Um...like...is this shyt true? Is this idea floating around out there? (If somebody already mentioned this somewhere and explained it, sorry.)
 Cdan1957
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Update your pictures!
Posted: 11/17/2015 7:05:56 AM

be that men subconsciously like to see a woman looking up at them from below

Interesting twist, however I have noticed that the ones taking the picture from up top are not exactly wearing turtle neck sweaters. I vote they are hiding belly showing boobs.

Second thought...love 2 laugh...those are great shots, very talented!

I use to post an old picture, this was years and years ago. The picture was maybe 5+ years old at the time. I met someone for the first time and the look on her face when she saw me was crushing. We never got together again. That was the last time I posted that picture or any picture that was more than a couple of months old. I met my current girlfriend 6 years ago, after about an hour she told me "You look so much better than your picture, your pictures are awful" I was smiling the rest of the evening, we have been together since. If you never plan on meeting go ahead and post misleading pictures but if you actually plan on meeting at some point you might want to present yourself honestly.
 gtomustang
Msg: 130
Update your pictures! tuck in your shirt! Comb that hair!
Posted: 11/17/2015 9:17:33 AM
"be that men subconsciously like to see a woman looking up at them from below"

>>>you mean, like a BJ view?
:)
 SLAFFA
Msg: 131
Update your pictures! tuck in your shirt! Comb that hair!
Posted: 11/17/2015 1:58:46 PM
"Better" [main] pics will get more people to one's profile. It's just that simple. There IS NO accounting for what types of pics different people are going to like/will produce the most mail. Anyone who has ever rotated their pics regularly should have noticed this. More profile visits = greater ODDS of finding a good match.

Even in it's heyday, I doubt if even 0001. percentage of Fish utilized these Forums. Now, the odds of getting someone to a profile [given the current Forum population] simply based on what one wrote? Not good.

MOST importantly, if you do go to someone's profile? ONCE people stop doing things a$$ backwards, your success rate will go up dramatically. STOP looking for pics you don't like and look for ones you do.

It is NO ACCIDENT that BF allows people 8 pics. He could have just as easily allowed one or two at a much higher resolution.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >