Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > California women: fact or myth?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 151
view profile
History
California women: fact or myth?Page 15 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Thats why as B.C. girls are so sweet...gold rush is over.
 Banzai_Kitty
Msg: 152
view profile
History
California women: fact or myth?
Posted: 11/21/2008 11:59:43 AM
And all California men are brainless boys...

The irony is that the rest of the US is affected by these stereotypes through media and golddigging bubblehead brainlessness, male or female, is popular everywhere. As for tofu-eating, all y'all white folks just got that from us asians. I don't think tofurella and all those fake meat products count as tofu anymore, though :P
 Carlisle143
Msg: 153
Posted: 11/21/2008 1:27:28 PM
Alright, in the time that I've been living in California, here is my "opinion" on this subject. I do believet hat they have gold-diggers. I had a woman tell my friend "he didnt have enough money to speak to her" while we were at the Laugh Factory in Hollywood. I do believe a lot of them are too self absorbed in their looks to care about anything else, and for that matter don't hold a lot of knowledge. And the list of stereotypical Cali woman goes on. There are a lot of people here who do follow the sterotype.

I think depending on where you go, you're more likely to find it than in other places. Hollywood for example is known for having wealthy people, therefor you're likely to find gold-diggers and airheads. Male and female alike. LA you'll find a lot as well, but there are also a lot of creative people, and people with intellect. Anywhere you go you're going to find people who fit the sterotype and people who laugh at it. Cali is the center of attention for a lot of media, whether it be in movies or songs, or anywhere else. A lot of wealthy people retire here. It's almost like a place for the sterotypes to come and live, whether they were originally from California or not.

With that being said, you'll find people like this anywhere. But not ALL people in California are like that. Not all girls think "chicken of the sea isn't chicken" (and I know she's not originally from Cali, just making a point). You've got to take these factors into consideration when you think about something like this. Location DOES make a difference because people are more likely to live somewhere that fits their personality. And unfortunately, a lot of people in California ruin it's reputation for the men and woman who do show character and many other qualities that make them interesting past their physical features, and toys. So are the moajority of Cali woman like that? ... . .

I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you.
 UpanComin
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/24/2008 10:38:58 PM
I am a native Southern Californian. I grew up around alot of rich snobbish fakes. In my experience, they generally aren't very happy people, always complaining, never satisfied. It could be my perception, but sooner or later those boobs start to sag and when the money's gone, they learn to grow up real quick.

What's wrong if a women wants a man with money? As long as she's willing to give the man what HE wants she can be selective. It's what worked for the hunter-gatherers. If you have direction and a goal of financial success in life, say you want those silicone implanted botox models. The fact is that most men KNOW the type of girl their interested in needs some wine and dining$$$. Hey if it causes men to strive harder for their goals, maybe it can be a good thing. We are brought up to believe life is short, so whoever dies with the most toys wins. It's a simple goal to understand, and since no one is sure of the "big" questions, we live in a sort of Lala land of flashing lights, glitz, and glam. As long as you say San Fran is more smuggy than LA I'm cool

If someone gets superficial to the point of annoying me I'll tell them straight up how much I think they are worth, monetarily.

A state with 30 million people (more than most countries in the world) , a rougly 20 hour drive from one end to the other, should HAVE options and diversity of people.

Stop this cali bashing. Or go ahead and keep bashing. I don't care.

Moral - if you have money, be classy with it. That's all.

my .02
 Prince_Alb
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/17/2009 2:17:19 PM
I was born and raised in so Cal in OC.

I have traveled much in the US and the world.

fact.

Guys and girls on the most part here, well, the word that is used often is shallow...which is too too simple, the real word is 'temporary". when they say hi its a greeting, when they ask your name its part of the greetting...they will forget it in 2 min, because they really dont care.

When someone from Nashville says hi what they mean is actually... Hello, when they ask you name the reason is because they want to know your name...and they will remember it because things matter to them much more and for good reasons (they care)...much like their life their friendship and their ways, its not a temporary thing.

The reason you remember a name in CA, is when it could be bennifical in the furture. That is what is called a temporary person.

The type I want around me very temporarily lol.
 o4
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/17/2009 4:18:14 PM
Abe,
I grew up in OC too, but just a little more than half a decade ahead of you.
Funny about what you describe about the people in Nashville........not that long ago, well then again maybe a galaxy ago, it used to be that way in OC too. But as you point out, it's not that way any more. So sad.

Keep making it, or anywhere, the place you want it to be though. If we all just don't give up, and always be the name rememberers that we want others to be too. Golden Rule stuff,.....(and not the "James Bond" interpretation).
 matchlessm
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/20/2009 1:59:10 AM
"Guys are usually so picky about looks I don't see where the complaints [about not being able to get gold diggers] come from."

raceme . . .
Not sure what you mean here. It sounds like you're saying that guys shouldn't complain about women who are picky about wealth/earning power, when they themselves are usually so picky about looks. If that's what you're getting at, I understand, but I don't think a parallel can be drawn. It's natural for most people of either sex to feel physical attraction toward some people of the opposite sex. The strength of this attraction and the particular characteristics that affect it obviously vary a lot.

Beyond whatever direct physical attraction one person may have for another, I think it's also natural to feel even more attracted to someone because of their character and virtues, once you know them. Ideally, societies encourage this tendency. Where most women consider men even more desirable because they have traditional male virtues like courage, strength, honor, fairness, mercy, devotion to family, etc., it encourages men to have those virtues. And the converse--where most men consider women even more desirable because they have the corresponding traditional female virtues, it encourages those virtues in women. We still have books and movies that offer children fairy tale images of brave knights and fair princesses; is that a sign that, to the dismay of feminists, many people still want to encourage traditional male and female virtues?

I can understand why many women would be less attracted to a man if he were very poor, because they naturally are concerned about having enough resources to raise and support children. But when a woman insists that a man have far more than it would take to give her children good opportunities, or when she herself could contribute a good income, or when there are no children to support, it strikes me as UNnatural for her to find a man's wealth/earning power his most attractive feature.

Even if I were as wealthy as Bill Gates, I'm sure I wouldn't feel happy or flattered to know that was a big reason my girlfriend/wife was with me. I think it would feel more like keeping a courtesan or concubine around.
 matchlessm
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:14:40 PM
Men worth their stigma? Oh, I get it . . . the "XY."
 matchlessm
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/21/2009 10:09:28 AM
Who nu? Guess I'm no ∑--I'll sit in the back rho.

Calling it that might not render Caesar his due. The two never crossed paths, and Caesar's cut was brutal indeed. Bes-ides, he was cut earlier, in March.

Those blooming flowers! Isn't that just their style--lots of tulips together, but so few forget-me-nots! If those Latin lovers could talk, they'd be chanting, "Am-o, am-as, Ah'm-at it again!"
 andrewcy
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/31/2011 12:00:56 AM
thats very true....im a transplant to California of 13 years and i travelled pretty much all over the world. California women are by FAR the worst i ve ever seen in my whole life....there is some that are exempt to this rule but unfortunately the majority are not....some words to describe California women...stuck up, money hungry, snobby, selfish, self centered, pretentious and when i say that i mean they will tell you yes when they mean no...im looking for a better place to move and start over my life so any suggestions would be highly appreciated guys. anyone heard of Kentucky and Midwest? whats the situation over there?
 Rain587
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/1/2012 11:36:07 PM
You resurrected a very old thread. Not all are this way. All the men that claim this might want to find a new way of meeting some decent women like in meetup groups.

I travel a lot and believe me there are some pretty rough ones back east and down south. No state is exempt. It's the same with men. Just change your meeting grounds.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/2/2012 12:29:40 AM
Andrew, I am sorry to read your words. I find the opposite to be true, I meet brilliant, hardworking, and very attractive women on POF frequently, there is a shortage of good men for them, often they get frustrated and simply do without a man, hoping that in a few years someone good will come along.
That being said, if you want to fish those waters, you need the right tools.
First, class up your look. Ballcap, no. Put on a sportcoat and a nice shirt, and shoot a nice photo.
Second, tighten up your spelling. High level women look at things like that, it's important.
Third, create feelings with your profile. Women crave feelings like your garden loves MiracleGrow.
Last, drop the negativity and have some fun with it !! Don't be such a downer.
 kailania
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/2/2012 2:45:13 PM
Northern Ca. women are exempt.
I mean way north...like near Oregon border.
its quite different here. You wouldnt know you were in California except for the ocean.
but I digress: there are gold digging women all over, probably in the larger more expensive cities.
when I go down to L.A. I am always surprised at how the woman on Rodeo Drive dress.
gosh...wish I could dress like that, all perfect, perfect makeup, perfect plastic surgery.
and I am serious...I want that too.
maybe then I would have a boyfreind.
 djrichpowers
Msg: 164
Posted: 2/15/2012 7:28:06 PM
I love California women! Take a trip to Dallas sometime and tell me about California women. lmao
 MissGlitter
Msg: 165
Posted: 2/15/2012 10:44:46 PM
californian women are great. It all just depends on the person. Men could be stuckup or selfish , too. I think people attract what they notice more or focus their attention on. A lot of my girlriends and I are very down to earth, intelligent, hardworking, and hilarious. We are nothing like the silly stereotyped californian women. The guys who dislike us are evidently meeting women at all the wrong places. Jeez.
 blonde.sugar
Msg: 166
Posted: 2/15/2012 11:13:22 PM
Human nature is pretty consistent, so in my experience, there are petty, stupid people everywhere. Sure, we have a disproportionate number of fake boobs, nails, and botox, but we don't have big problems with neonazis, like they do in Idaho.

Choose your poison: at least in California, we have good weather.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:51:54 AM
yeah I don't think the women here are any different than anywhere else. It would stand to reason that the "dolls" attract men just because of there perceived physical perfection, there are many natural, down to earth people here too, but they won't be as dazzlingn on your arm.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 168
Posted: 2/16/2012 11:44:36 AM
I have been around this country quite a bit, and California girls/women are very attractive physically, but I find them emotionally lacking. It's as if the sun has bleached that quality away. So , so mellow, they don't need us men the way that other women do, except to counter their many neuroses, take them to all the coolest places, and make sure they take their meds on time.
I look first to someone NOT from California, for those reasons.
East coast women? Oh yeah,,, European women ? Oh yeah,,, California women? Uhh, let me think about that,,,
R
 92virago
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/5/2014 12:03:16 PM
You are right on..........I am from Michigan & its true
 92virago
Msg: 170
Posted: 6/5/2014 12:08:20 PM
I agree.........
 92virago
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/5/2014 12:10:11 PM
Its true......for the most part , there are a few down to earth women , but not many.........like playing the lottery , the odds are not good
 92virago
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/5/2014 12:13:35 PM
You are right on...........need to find a good down to earth woman in another state
 awalbayarea
Msg: 173
Posted: 11/12/2014 12:51:25 AM
ITS GOING DOWN FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21ST, CLUB FAHRENHEIT, DOWNTOWN SAN JOSE, 99 E. SAN FERNADO SAN JOSE, CA ..............This is your chance to meet new and exciting people and get to mingle with some star athletes ........49ER AND RAIDER PLAYERS WILL BE IN THE BUILDING ........Also great music by one of the hottest dj's in the bay area 89.9fm own DJ TASI ............ ladies in free before 11pm and women that arrive before 10:30 there will complimentary champagne........... DONT MISS THIS EVENT ......COME DRESSED TO EMPRESS THERE WILL ALSO BE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS TAKING PICTURES OF THIS GROWN AND SEXY EVENT.........LADIES BRING YOUR GIRLS AND FELLAS BRING YA BOYS OR JUST COME SOLO AND ENJOY GREAT MUSIC AND GREAT PEOPLE !!!!!!!
 colt452zig
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2015 1:43:34 PM
totally true cali sucks the women all think their some special princess who automatically deserves everything. and if you bring 90% of the dream to the table. well thats not even good enough because their convinced that superman is gona marrie them. youll hook up but cali chicks cheat. and then theres when they settle. which means after there done whoring it up and living the Little princess dream of being promiscuous at the club shaking that ass having everybody wants some. then they get old or drunkin knocked up or get a permanent std. then their ready to have a relationship
 kalasmontreal
Msg: 175
Posted: 5/22/2016 4:39:26 PM
More like all over the world, not only California haha
Show ALL Forums  > California  > California women: fact or myth?