Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > California women: fact or myth?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pete73052
Msg: 76
California women: fact or myth?Page 4 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
They usually let you know...
 Pete73052
Msg: 77
California women: fact or myth?
Posted: 6/11/2007 10:13:47 AM
they do, Pete ... in assorted ways.

Hence, women are not the same everywhere...

Go figure women.
They way you to tell the truth, and then give you shit when you do.

Best not to do things that piss them off. I try not to do things I would need to lie about and that way I can be truthful. If you're in a relationship that's too restrictive for you - it's best to break it off.

Pete, Dahling, have you told LifeLessOrdinary about us? And are you bringing your special wand??

Do we have to tell him? How about if we keep my magic wand between us?
 Pete73052
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/11/2007 10:20:27 AM
I would actually hate it if this was true. I've never met two that are alike.
 Pete73052
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/11/2007 10:45:55 AM
Well I suppose you could say "All stools are the same" too, by that logic. Maybe I'm not tracking you. With regard to the human condition, yes, women are closer to other women than they are to men? Or chimps? OK, but isn't that pretty obvious? What makes women women is that they ARE so different from each other as well. And I think that's what you're trying to say, that in women - being unpredictable is predictable (well, that and that you need to bolt out of town when they fulfill your expectations). So what's wrong with women being predictably unpredictable? And men who enjoy this in them?
 Pete73052
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/11/2007 11:07:52 AM
Well, it's always best not to date outside your species...
 Pete73052
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/11/2007 12:07:54 PM
I think the song goes, "I'm an ape man, I'm a king kong man, I'm an ape man." (The Kinks, right?)

Anyway, I suppose it's always fun to find monkey love...
 Pete73052
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/11/2007 12:29:08 PM
I like this one:

I think I'm sophisticated
'Cos I'm living my life like a good homosapien
But all around me everybody's multiplying
Till they're walking round like flies man
So I'm no better than the animals sitting in their cages
in the zoo man
'Cos compared to the flowers and the birds and the trees
I am an ape man
I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized
'Cos I'm a strict vegetarian
But with the over-population and inflation and starvation
And the crazy politicians
I don't feel safe in this world no more
I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore and make like an ape man
I'm an ape man, I'm an ape ape man
I'm an ape man I'm a King Kong man I'm ape ape man
I'm an ape man
'Cos compared to the sun that sits in the sky
compared to the clouds as they roll by
Compared to the bugs and the spiders and flies
I am an ape man
In man's evolution he has created the cities and
the motor traffic rumble, but give me half a chance
and I'd be taking off my clothes and living in the jungle
'Cos the only time that I feel at ease
Is swinging up and down in a coconut tree
Oh what a life of luxury to be like an ape man
I'm an ape, I'm an ape ape man, I'm an ape man
I'm a King Kong man, I'm a voo-doo man
I'm an ape man
I look out my window, but I can't see the sky
'Cos the air pollution is
fogging up my eyes
I want to get out of this city alive
And make like an ape man
Come and love me, be my ape man girl
And we will be so happy in my ape man world
I'm an ape man, I'm an ape ape man, I'm an ape man
I'm an ape man
I'll be your Tarzan, you'll be my Jane
I'll keep you warm and you'll keep me sane
and we'll sit in the trees and eat bananas all day
Just like an ape man
I'm an ape man, I'm an ape ape man, I'm an ape man
I'm an ape man.
I don't feel safe in this world no more
I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore
And make like an ape man.
 Pete73052
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/11/2007 3:58:36 PM
Ideally, you would want to be the only man on the planet that likes small-breasted women...
 throughURsoul
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/11/2007 6:23:04 PM
In southern california...gold digging..yes, tofu eating..not so much, self centered..yes, shallow...DEFINITELY.

BUT that really only pertains to southern California...LA to be specific. And the same holds true to the men. This is not just a female thing.
 eb3267
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/19/2007 9:43:34 PM
Having to wait til after nine to call a 48 year-old because he's "watching his minutes" is NOT a big turn-on.

So, does that make me a typical California gold digger?

LMFAO Yeah that's a good question..
 o4
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/19/2007 9:49:18 PM
Cooky,

IF you want me to, I'll be glad to tell any man that you direct me towards and tell them that you're nothing but a gold digger.......just let me know who you are trying to fend off.

Sincerely,
o4
(did you know you're the only one who gets away with just calling me just "o4"?)
 kittybiscuit
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/14/2007 8:47:15 AM

But at my age, unless something really big has gone on recently in his life, I do expect a man to have reached at least a certain level of "success":
A job.
A car that runs.
A place to live that he does not share with his parents.

Agreed.

I am 30 years old. I have attained in my lifetime:

1) Graduating with two degrees.

2) A stable job. I do not clear $100k a year or anything, but I make enough to pay my bills and not starve.

3) A retirement plan. I have been contributing 5% of my income, which is matched. Now that I have reached my highest pay grade, I will start putting in 10% sometime next year.

4) My own apartment, furnished and decorated by myself. I am not talking milk crates either. I have actual furniture that is only a few years old and not from the 70s.

5) I plan to be 99% debt free by this time next year. That means absolutely no bills to pay other than rent, food, utilities. The only other debt would be my student loan which is a long-term thing.

6) A small nest egg in savings as a back up in case I ever have to go on leave without pay status or if I eventually can afford to buy property, etc.

I do not think it is asking too much that a man my age or older at least have a stable job, a retirement plan, a running car, and his own place. These things are BASICS.

If it makes me a gold-digger to want someone who has the basics, then so be it. But I am not asking for anything more than I myself have.

I am not going to marry someone who thinks living paycheck to paycheck is a good way to live. Sorry, it isn't. I want to retire when I am 55, and I can't do that if I am not contributing to my retirement fund and building savings and/or home equity. I am certainly not going to throw away my goals and dreams for someone who wants to run up a bunch of debt just to buy a $5000 television set. Sorry!
 Wreckless1
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/15/2007 9:05:45 PM
Agent A...."I do not think it is asking too much that a man my age or older at least have a stable job, a retirement plan, a running car, and his own place. These things are BASICS. "

Basics huh? Well I must say you are sooooooooooooooo lucky for what you have attained. With more and more jobs, being OUT SOURCED, the prospects of men over 30 being able to keep their jobs, are becoming few and far between. I had a great job, as General Manager within a construction company.... until they went belly up after 32 years. Had to use all my savings to get another job, and spent all my IRA as well to keep my new (2 yr old truck)...and find another job. and another , and another... as those companies were into making budget cuts during the 90's. Sorry don't have my own place Angi. It is asking alot to expect any man to have what you determine as Basics, because alot of men are struggling to survive in todays market!

Some have gone through divorce, (no matter who is at fault), loss of family through tradjedy, or financial ruin with the stress of carrying the weight of it all.... while losing perspective on what is most important anymore, in this Techno world of Toys, and Image conscious people wanting more and more. I think we are headed down a road which will take decades to recover from... if we cannot keep our self respect for ourselves, and those around us.

We are all looking for someone who can at least match us in our endeavor to live successfully, but is that really worth it, when we continue to search for the piece that we assume will makes us whole.... Real love from another human being instead. IN my opinion there maybe women in Californina, who still cling to their roots, and perfer an honest, loving guy. While those in the midwest seem more loving, while having a smaller requirement list then these CA girls.

Still so many will do just about anything to attain this missing piece, they will lie or fudge on some of the details.... Trusting anyone these days is so essential, while we were raised to believe in people. (Now they are guilty till proven innocent!!!)..... but thanks to Life in todays world it is becoming more rare, then the answer to Cancer, Aids or the pill to lose weight. It is a fact we want what we want.... but what are we willing to compromise on. ??? Myth is mere here say,,,Ah not admisable in court, whether it is the truth or not.

W1
 Haplucky4
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:50:49 PM
I am not going to marry someone who thinks living paycheck to paycheck is a good way to live. Sorry, it isn't. I want to retire when I am 55, and I can't do that if I am not contributing to my retirement fund and building savings and/or home equity. I am certainly not going to throw away my goals and dreams for someone who wants to run up a bunch of debt just to buy a $5000 television set. Sorry!

agentanqi, I understand perfectly what you are saying and the logic you are using in your pre-selection process. However, if I recall correctly, you said you are in your thirties. Seriously, I wish you luck in your pursuit of a husband, but I think the odds are working against you, at this point in time. That's going to be a tough order to fill. I think you may find you will have to compromise on a few points, before things are said and done. Either that, or you will progress toward your retirement years as an independent woman of wealth, but alone. Sometimes that's not a bad thing either. But I think you better start evaluating your options and end desires, because every year that goes by, at this point in time, closes that window of opportunity a little bit more each year.
 kittybiscuit
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:56:57 PM
Yes, you could say I am very lucky. I prefer to say that I have worked HARD for what I have and luck had nothing to do with it. I am blessed to be where I am and where I am going. I will continue to work hard and strive for things I want in life. I do not expect anyone else to do it for me. I also do not expect to carry someone either.

I am sorry you have had so much personal misfortune. But myself and surely other women can tell the difference between a man who has been met with unfortunate circumstances and one who is a loaf. Just because you are in bad sorts at the moment doesn't mean you always will be. I am sure you are living at home as a temporary measure until you get back on your feet. This is a bit different than a guy who is still living at home because he prefers someone else to pay his own bills.

You can read what you want into my post. I really don't think the venom is warranted nor necessary, but that is your choice. I can only assure you that I am not materialistic or into toys or whatever. I have done for myself and want someone who shares similar values as mine--mainly that you only get out of life what you put into it. People who are consistently putting into it are not sitting at home letting someone else pay their bills or direct their life, they are out there living it. I think it is way off base to assume that because I would like a man who is in a similar frame of mind or path in life I am somehow requiring too much or being unreasonable.

ETA to that other poster:

It's a tough order to fill to not have a ton of debt and live paycheck to paycheck?

Well, no it's not.

I would gladly live the rest of my life alone than live with a person who cannot manage their money and piles on a ton of debt because he wants a $5k television as in my example.

Why is the idea that man be able to manage his money so offensive? Don't most people manage their money? This idea that debt is good and living paycheck to paycheck is good is mind boggling.

BTW: I am not here for dates or for a husband. If you read my profile, you would see I am taking a break from dating. But thanks for your concern about my love life.
 Haplucky4
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/16/2007 12:18:43 AM

You can read what you want into my post. I really don't think the venom is warranted nor necessary, but that is your choice.

Agentanqi, sorry, please don't take my comments in the wrong light. I'm just saying that first time marriages seem to usually occure at a younger age. By the time people are into their thirtes, usually children are involved. I admire your independence and accomplishments. I'm just saying I think it will be a more demanding challange now to locate a man who is single, independent and possessing the same ideals that you have.

~~~ ......Yes, I'm living at home, my home and I'm comfortable retired now, thank you. ~ .......Good luck in your quest. I'll make it a point in the future, to say that I'm only making a simple observation. ~
 Haplucky4
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/16/2007 12:35:35 AM
Gee, scotty. You must be talking about comparing us to- say, women in India that get stoned to death after being raped because they were not faithful to their husbands.

Cooky, I believe you mean Saudi Arabia. A man can divorce his wife there, by taking her to the Public Square on Friday ( their religious day of the week ) twirling her around seven times, while saying something to the effect "I divorce thee" the same number of times and it's all over for the Lady. (By the way, she can never marry again.) Yep, things are pretty nasty for women in other parts of the world. Unfortunately, I don't think things will change soon, about this issue. It's a sad state of affairs, I agree with you.
 Wreckless1
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/16/2007 1:58:31 AM
Agent A..... You make for some very interesting conversation.. There was no venom! You may have read more into it then was really there. Just my opinion, nothin more.

"I prefer to say that I have worked HARD for what I have and luck had nothing to do with it".
SO you think Luck does not play in the work force.... If you got the skills, you might get the job... Studies have been done with two women applying for the same job..although the one who was more attractive was hired. No luck huh?

I only was trying to make a point that if you were unfortunate enough to lose your job over and over again... you might think alittle differently. To truly understand ones plight, you would have to walk in their shoes. The saying is Takes one to know one.!

But I disagree .....that luck is in many things we live with.... Ever wonder why you were picked for those jobs you held. You don't think for a minute it was just your skill do you. There could of been hundreds of scenerios to play out... I am glad that you have not had any bad luck, and hope you always rise above to continue to be a success.

But I try not to make judgements on anyone , that I have not experienced myself.
 kittybiscuit
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/16/2007 5:28:16 PM
SO you think Luck does not play in the work force.... If you got the skills, you might get the job... Studies have been done with two women applying for the same job..although the one who was more attractive was hired. No luck huh?

Well, I'm sure what that study has to do with anything since I am the fat, unattractive applicant who HAS been turned down for jobs for not "fitting the image we wish to represent." Of course, those were crappy retail jobs that I thank god I was spared from enduring those positions yet again.

Anyway, my point is that I am where I am because I pushed for it. After graduating college, I spent 9 months being unemployed. It was not fun and I am still paying off the debt today, 5 years later. In any case, I took a job well below my educational level just to get into the government. Once in, I went to another officer position and then on to where I am now. I will move on again when I feel I have tapped out what I need to learn from my current job. What I am trying to convey here is I did not rely on blind luck to get me in. I didn't think I was "better" than to take a certain level of job...and it paid off by getting me into a system that is hard to crack. My employment strategy worked. I worked hard and put my time in to get here and continue on my way.

I only was trying to make a point that if you were unfortunate enough to lose your job over and over again... you might think alittle differently. To truly understand ones plight, you would have to walk in their shoes. The saying is Takes one to know one.!

I have been unemployed and I have been laid off. I know what it is like to be there. But I picked my pants up after being spanked by life and moved on. In the objective sense, if I were to continue to be laid off in a certain field, I wouldn't stick with it because it isn't stable.

My educational training is geared for doing biotechnical type labwork. However, those jobs are low paying and far between for people who do not possess advanced degrees. If you asked me when I was in school if I would have expected to be working for the government, I would have thought you were joking. The choice came between trying to push to be in a field of my degree and fight for any low paying job or do something totally different? I chose something totally different and couldn't be happier.

Ever wonder why you were picked for those jobs you held. You don't think for a minute it was just your skill do you.

I don't doubt for a minute that I was chosen because of my skills, educational background, and the ability to advocate myself in the interview process or at least my ability to get the interviewers to laugh.

Again, I am sorry you have so many difficulties in your life. I hope you are able to get back on track if you haven't already.

However, I do not think I am sitting in a judgemental position to ask for my potential partner to be my equal and someone who views finances and career in a similar fashion as I do. Considering the fact that many relationships and marriages end due to dissimilar attitudes towards money and finances, I think it is entirely responsible to want someone on the same page. Like I said before, I could never come home to a man who thinks living paycheck to paycheck is ideal or who spends $5000 on a television because he got a new credit card or decides to clean out the savings to buy a new car.

Maybe you are right and it's just blind luck. But for me, I have to believe I had a hand creating who and where I am today. I can't sit back and think it is all due to luck...coz that would make me a supreme sucker for working so hard :laugh:

Haplucky4:
Your statements are absurd and insulting. There really isn't much more to say about what you have posted.
 Wreckless1
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/16/2007 11:50:34 PM
Agent A.... After reading your version, I have no choice to bow, to your determination and accomplishments. Atta Girl!!!

Thanks for helpin me to better understand.
 eye4light
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/21/2007 11:04:33 PM
What does eating tofu have to do with one's quality of character??? ...strange.

As for other negative qualities, I've done a fair bit of traveling and I think it's unfair to apply such stereotypes to the women of California, or any other state for that matter. Really big cities in every state and around the world have their share of selfish people but they also have a lot of really nice, giving, smart, caring, good women too.

Maybe you need to pay more attention to the good people you want to meet and less to the bad ones you don't. Both kinds are everywhere.

Besides, prejudice is not an attractive quality.

MoonWolfRede
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:16:41 PM
What about the self-centered, gold digging, shallow men? Unfortuantely for me, I have an education and make good money and (made the poor choice) have gotten stuck with 2 men who were more interested in their needs, wants, etc than they were in taking care of mine. I supported them both, along with 2 kids.... Can't honestly say WOMAN ONLY are that way. Put them both to the curb.

I have met some nice guys on this site and some real pieces of work... the guy I like the most I actually met entirely by chance at the dog beach. Does this site work? Depends on what your looking for and what you expect to get out of the experience. (The 2nd piece of work I met on this site... doesn't bode well at all...)
 PurrrrrfectAnna
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:23:27 PM
TryorTryagain --

I totally agree with you... your story sounds just like mine! Email me if ya want and we can compare notes, have drink, and you show me where all those hot guys at the dog beach are!
 Pete73052
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:43:38 PM

What about the self-centered, gold digging, shallow men?

Hey, no fair... men everywhere are like that...
Show ALL Forums  > California  > California women: fact or myth?