Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > California women: fact or myth?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wreckless2
Msg: 101
California women: fact or myth?Page 5 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
The only thing I see in Women these days is fact....! Any Myth about them is in yesteryear.... as they are evolving each and every day...... a very large percentage of Men just do not know anymore then they did before, how to keep up.

Without them, oh woe is this world.
 Miss W
Msg: 102
California women: fact or myth?
Posted: 10/19/2007 4:34:19 PM
It doesn't, but what do you expect from a bunch of nuts who don't wear white after Labor Day?
Good one Cap! Am also grateful that I have currently have nothing in my mouth that can come out my nose.

I only wear white with black, otherwise I feel like a bride or an angel and we can't have that.
 Miss W
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/20/2007 8:32:10 AM

I don't own a shovel anymore

Oh but you could consider purchasing a new one. A girl never knows when she may need one, and waders too. Especially around here.
 Wreckless2
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/21/2007 8:10:12 PM

I have heard from many guys that the dating scene is much better elsewhere.
And from what I have experienced it seems to be true.

I had to go back aloooooong ways to see what all the commotion is about...

Don't know where you got that idea Dude, But it appears that you are in a class all by yourself. It could possibly be that Momma did not love you enough, or that you could have some emotional bonding issues, what ever the case... you might need to seek some professional help. Wait I know you are just immature ... Did I guess right!?

Anyone with eyes can see the women on this site are above reproach from the likes of your type. Were you possibly switched at birth? or maybe neglected....? I really do not care, but please leave California, to seek your off world beauty.... If it's one thing we do not need here is one bad apple .... you can guess the rest.

Untill you are intouch with your feelings you will probably have relationship issues... that is my best guess. Adios MF. No one will miss your butt/ i mean face here!!!
 Miss W
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/21/2007 8:15:52 PM
California women: fact or myth? A cruel joke is more like it.
They are very self-centered, don’t marry them what ever you do.
I have heard from many guys that the dating scene is much better elsewhere.
And from what I have experienced it seems to be true.

As a couple of others have said, good luck and much happiness with your move. Good
riddance and relief for the women in your area. I personally know a few men who have had the need to import their wives from other countries. This is because they cannot get along with women within their own culture. They have some intolerable habits that are unacceptable to an adult woman....like living with their mommy at 40, marginal employment, or unable to be responsible. So, they feel the need to seek someone overseas who is desperate for a better life. Some (on both sides of the equation) have been taken advantage of. Best to you and don't let the door hit you on your way out.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/21/2007 10:01:39 PM
Now, Mom, Cookie, Miss W, Christy, and all of you lovely women who took such eloquent offense, I've got two things to say. First of all, the shoe definitely doesn't fit you. Even when you weren't interested in me (God only knows why! LOL), you were nice to me about it. I appreciate that.

However, y'all are somewhat rare in my experience. --both in giving me a chance and in demurring without rancor.

I thought things were tough with the Berkeley feminist crowd, but women down here can really be hostile! --and I'm not just talking about the gold diggers. It spooked me so much that one of the first threads I started in these very forums was "Why so Hostile in Southern California?"

I don't know. Maybe I just lightened up or something, but dating around here can really be tough on a guy. I don't have a lot of respect for the choice to import a compliant mate, but there were days when I could certainly understand the impulse. Youch!

So, much as I love you all, I have to tell you that you've got some really hard-ass sisters running around down here. I'm _really_ glad I found you.

Still friends?

Robert
 kittybiscuit
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/21/2007 10:41:43 PM

My husband is a lawyer and drives a bbw..."

I like to be driven. :lol:

I just read where the hubbub was coming from and can only say: Consider the source.

*shudder*

That's all!
 RUFOREAL
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2007 3:47:35 PM
MYTH

I think it is time to take a Poodle Party Public... oh yeah, we call that a "mixer."

I doubt they will be serving tofu party mix!

(I lost the recipe)
 RUFOREAL
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2007 3:49:35 PM
Sushi would be much better!
 kewl guy
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/21/2008 1:49:13 PM
It is true that women in southern california are superficial, have big egos and are gold digger. not all of them, but probably 86% of them. If they tell you they aren't, clues... look at what they wear, is it gucci? prada? do they have to accessorize? are the guys they are dating mostly making 70k or more? is their morals and family values last on the list? chances are they are the gold diggers. shoot, even some of the fat and poor ones where I'm from gold dig, but not all.

Gold digger women give clues about themselves, they will lie, so you have to ask questions and observe.

Lastly, alot of women here are saying myth, that's because they don't want the honest answer to be 'revealed.' <<<<<< i was IMed by a lady not to tell everyone.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/27/2008 10:19:28 AM
I think the description of California women above is sour grapes...

Women in California have it better as far as jobs, education, career advancement opportunities and being social equals with men than women in most other states... and that's probably why Joe Dirt can't get a date.

Any questions?

StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/27/2008 11:41:21 AM
That's my opinion...

So educate me.
 JadeMuse
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/27/2008 1:11:56 PM
^^^^I grew up in L.A., and we ladies LOVE beautiful accents!

Sometimes, I think there are those moments when we all want to blend-in, and an accent leads to the whole 'where are you from' conversation that sometimes we might want to avoid talking about AGAIN that day.
I, myself, like to say some things the way I originally heard them from my motely crew of weird and wonderful friends for emphasis (and a bit of flair!) and I have been asked a lot of times that same question when I still lived there.
The thing I realized awhile back is that the ones usually asking were generally opening up the conversation to talk about where THEY were from.
...I found it to be a 'share tactic'...

L.A. is such a cosmopolitan city that most of the population are from elsewhere anyway.
Most of us who grew up there are pretty open-minded with diverse backgrounds and attitudes... not everyone, though.

L.A. is proof that it takes all kinds of different nuts to make a nuthouse interesting! IMO
I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!

Don't fret, SSG...
Un-displaced accents are a good thing!
 amusinglisa
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/27/2008 6:45:16 PM
May I bring up one more thing? I seem to get mis understood because I prefer to "date (as in, get to know one another over conversation and [publicly appropriate] activities). This seems to give the impression that I want to "date" (as in, be intimate with) many people over a long period of time. I hav discussed this with other members here and there are a remarkable number of men who shut down, shut off and cut contact if they find out that one has had more than one date (gasp) in the last week or two. I am hopeful that I will know "the one" when I meet him (or meet with him a few times) but please do not confuse my patience and persistence in meeting a whole lot of frogs with something more - erm - distasteful. Meeting more than one potential date or relationship candidate is not the same as "playing the field".
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 116
SoCal Women, fact or myth
Posted: 7/3/2008 1:16:47 AM
To be fair, it's not just the women. If you act like you give a sh*t in any way, you're done for around here. Both men and women seem to find any sort of display of eagerness offensive and once you get tagged as someone who doesn't keep your cool, you're shunned.

I thought for a while it had to do with $$, and then I thought it was just me, and then I thought it was a whole bunch of things, but as soon as I realized that if I played it aloof people of both genders felt a whole lot more comfortable around me, I started to get along much better.

Backhanded compliments and sardonic remarks work well as conversation starters. Direct compliments or overt interest of any sort makes people think you're scamming them--whether for money or emotional energy. The only way you can get away with a compliment is to immediately ignore the person for a good long while--until they figure out you don't want anything in particular from them.

You don't have to stop giving a sh*t, but you do have to pretend like you don't at all times. It's a big metro area, and scary in its way, and just as NYC residents are obnoxious and in your face to cope with the fear of so many strangers, LA people maintain a veneer of cool.
 MP_CHP
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/3/2008 1:53:22 AM
Ladies don't respond to this crap, you don't have to lower yourselves to being baited like this. These guys that want to troll and flame have nothing better to do with their time, and so they take perverse pleasure in trying to bring you down to their levels.
 Edding44
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/5/2008 5:10:51 PM
Well, you gotta look and realize that places like L.A. are made for social climbing. It is expensive here and lots of people have Hollywood aspirations
 gellybean 777
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 9:53:11 AM
Geez, the last time I was in Hollywood, I met someone first thing at a bar and ending up having sushi with her while giving her boyfriend a chance to show up and do what she wanted for once.

Never saw her again after I left the restaurant. Gotta say though, it was uncanny and a fulfilling experience. That was at the 'World Cafe'.

Love that place!
 Pete73052
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/8/2008 5:58:14 AM
^^^what kind of bristles would those brushes be made from?
sable, hog, squirrel, or ass?

If I might be of assistance, they come from a particular breed of ass... the Dumb Ass. Dumb Ass brush bristles can be made into much smaller brushes, of course, but when talking about women (something some men know very little about), Dumb Asses are typically arranged in the ever-so-popular "broad-brush" configuration (hence the name). Often, broad-brush strokes are applied with "sweeping statements" ultimately producing a very dull pattern, which is pretty much a trademark of the Dumb Ass.
 NCSDChargergirley
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/16/2008 12:07:18 PM
FACT AND FICTION HERE

This is what I call a 'STEROTYPE" !

Its a generization that California men and women are self absorbed. We are all Barbies and Kens walking around..... Hogwash....

Not everyone is the same. One thing Ive learned is that everyone makes their own life path choice and we all learn from the choices and mistakes we make .

Im sure in just about every place in the world there are self centered, self asborded women and men. California is probably worst then other places. I did grow up in NCSD and "behind the orange curtain" and honestly would be open to settling elsewhere in some other small town with the man of my dreams, who actuall has feelings. I really do not think he exists though.

I live in a "snobby area" called Olivehain in Encinitas in NCSD. I am not the same as most women here. I constantly get accused of being from the midwest because I treat people the way I want to be treated. I believe in "old school husband and wife roles" Many of my friends call me a nutrerer. I do not judge a book by its cover.

I moved from the OC to San Diego to get away from self centered egotistical people. Only to find that its much the same here as well. The men here in SD are just looking for perfect lil barbie doll women type. Lets get one thing straight I am not fat and I am beautiful but not a bbw.

I need a strong confident dominant personality "type A" man whose mama raised him right.......
 chuckyB51
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 12:24:08 PM
I haven't read this whole thing but have a few opinions. I have done a lot of traveling around the country and met a number of women.

I have found women in Southern California to be more superficial than most of the country (this does not mean all women in SoCal, just some). Their looks and the looks of their man seems to be very important to them and sometimes too much so. Money also seems to be more important to SoCal women. I have found women in the Pacific Northwest to be very easy going and laid back. I have always been most impressed with women in Texas. They don't seem to be as superficial and are just the most friendly people.

I want to say it again...These are just my observations and generalizations from these observations. Not all women in these areas fit into these catagories. You will find good and bad everywhere you go.
 NCSDChargergirley
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/16/2008 1:15:17 PM
So how can all "southern califronia women be superficial" when most of us are not orginaly from here????
 chuckyB51
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 1:47:44 PM
I never said all if you read what I said. Maybe reading is the bigger problem.

Let me quote here what I said

I have found women in Southern California to be more superficial than most of the country (this does not mean all women in SoCal, just some).

Not all women in these areas fit into these catagories. You will find good and bad everywhere you go.
 New*Tattoo
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/17/2008 9:52:47 AM
Dont know about Gold Diggin & etc, but, there is no place in America where its easier to go out & pick up chicks, than in Southern California.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > California women: fact or myth?