Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 10
What was the first car you ever owned.Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Gremlin what a piece of crap I tell ya
 tisme_susan
Msg: 15
view profile
History
What was the first car you ever owned.
Posted: 10/17/2006 5:05:57 PM
a Ford Cortina, it was a great car, lasted for years
 eddsa
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/21/2007 5:20:46 AM
I was 21 and my present was a Toyota Tiara first one sold at Capital Motors in Sydney wish i still had it would be worth a bomb now i drive a pt cruiser now still like the old shape.
 SergeantOz
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/21/2007 7:04:18 AM
Mazda 626 1984 Model - with all options - including power windows, mirrors and power steering - I thought I was a legend in my own lunch time. Used to play with the windows sometimes until 1 of them broke in the middle of Redfern when i was parking the car to meet a mate at night. We sat outside the house with a beer in 1 hand and a cricket bat each in the other as the midnight BBQ cooked away. Yes she was called Black Beauty and was a manual - so for a 2.2l she was gutsy too.

Best fun I have ever had was a Jeep Wrangler I had as a work car (it was the last one available). No carpark that closed after midnight could ever keep me in and and those traffic jams were never an issue when i could see 20 cars ahead of me. No room, loved petrol and could not carry a loaf of bread in the back - but she looked like alot of fun and it was a freebie so all good fun for me to enjoy.
 ocrikeymikey
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2007 3:42:23 AM
1978 HX Kingswood sedan for me....had a 253 in it....not much use when you can only do 80km/h ! lol
 SergeantOz
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/23/2007 4:22:11 PM
A close workmate used to buy cars cheap - only Commodores - do them up as he loved pulling them apart and resell them a few weeks later. He pulled into our carpark one day with a baby pink VL Commodore and we all looked at who was getting out of it. It was my workmate and he had rustproofed the car but ran out of paint so mixed it with normal wall undercoat (I never once thought about getting a car off him).

Or the other one was the rainbox mobile - we had been working alot of O/T with 18 hour shifts standard - only to have him com to work one day with a car with every different coloured panel possible (had not be been stripped and resprayed yet due to our work load). Eventually he got rid of it all and kept 3 show cars before getting married and being told he was only allowed to have 1 - his Brock Commodore.
 SergeantOz
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/26/2007 11:31:00 PM
Love the Telstars .............. could run on the E level of your petrol tank for a week without Conking out on you !!!
 SergeantOz
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:02:35 AM
Was it painted the same colour as Con's House and had some bathroom carpet on the dash and back window ledge ?
 karl64
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/28/2007 3:23:49 AM
My first car and my love at the time
The EH holden 1964 red motor and original condition

damn fine for $750 would love to own one again
 gjay1
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/23/2008 3:37:24 AM
oh wow that was fun!! hd ute....had to drag it out of a creek.....put in a battery ....some petrol....crossed fingers...and it started!! $50- and a spare door and a spare motor in the back!!
undercoat grey - pretty as a picture - drove it everywhere for about 2 years then sold it for $500-!!!!
progressed to a gorgeous red hr...very nice that one...
then came the v8s.....
xw 351......wow
308 hq...had that for years - just the best!!!
not really sure why i survived the hq-it handled like a wet sponge until i had all sorts of good things done to the suspension....but that was about 200kms into our friendship!!
my car these days is acommodore....not so picturesque but still the means to freedom and adventure.....that was what that hd meant and i still love that!!
 MadMicko
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2008 3:36:48 AM
A dark blue 77 XC Falcon. Great car with all the factory extras. Did many a lap on my mates 30 acres until it hit the tree beside the jump
 Akutenshi
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2008 6:41:19 AM
Match Box Firetruck, i think, or maybe it was a tank >.>
 faybells
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2008 7:12:40 PM
Mine was a Hillman Imp. Had it for about a year, then it was written off when pushed into a shop sideways. Bought another body, transferred the engine with my dad and was off and running again. The memories created from having that car *sigh*. Finally sold it when the o/s travel bug bit.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >