Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Re: Whats wrong with sex based relationships?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
if you want the sex to be good, you better be good yourself.

if a cook is a bad cook, how often do you wanna eat thier dinners?

a relationship of sex can be really fun, but also pointless.
I've done it myself, and I can say in retrospect that sex relationship was part of what kept me single for long periods of time, cause I held back from taking other girls serious and meeting someone more substantial to a real relationship.
a relationship of just sex can be nice, but eventually it holds you back, and may realize your just wasting your time.

I think girls are 10 times more observant then I am, and would probably think this kinda thing long before I do.
 manofire
Msg: 5
Re: Whats wrong with sex based relationships?
Posted: 4/27/2004 4:11:55 PM
"WHAT ABOUT LOVE?!?!!?!" There is no such thing as love. We are animals and not the kind that mate for life. SEX is the whole purpose, love is the illusion your mind puts up to insure more SEX. The concept of there being more to it than SEX is as baseless as life after death.
 manofire
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/27/2004 4:51:43 PM
How many couples do you know like that? I don't think it is about sex at that point because that is the end of life. We can not become really human until our hormones production stops and we essenitally become asexual. Then we can tolerate each other until some bodies dies.
 manofire
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/27/2004 5:10:16 PM
99 has anyone ever told you you resemble the little sister on Family Ties? This is not trying to be funny because I love Family Ties and I am totally serious.
 manofire
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/27/2004 6:52:30 PM
and the hair.
 Rashel
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/28/2004 6:18:16 AM
Hi !! alura2. Everybody like sex based relationships nothing else becz If any body offer to other people they can do if possible. Yes i am looking also a lady who can sex with me without any condition. I think that sex will be based relationships sex. so nothing wrong here.
 bluestravaler
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/5/2004 5:31:34 PM
The problem with sexual realationships is that you get a false sense of Chemistry and love. Its the same old "wake up the next morning and your head over heels for each other"...if the sex is incredible. I got into that 16 years ago and ended up getting married. I have never had sex as good with anyone as it was with her...she felt the same way. Now here we are 16 years later with a child and just got thru going thru a divorce. The problem was that we have no common interests whatsoever, fought all the time, and basically are sick of each other. The sex was still good....but thats all there was and thats not enough. It all started with phisical attraction, and great sex...thats the definition of love at first sight. Nothing is wrong with a sexual realationship but you have to determine if you are REALLY compatible before you go further...take it from me...a guy who lost 16 years on that bullshit.
 Asoka
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/15/2004 9:44:43 PM
I totally disagree only someone on drugs speaks that garbage.

'Whats wrong with having a relationship that is just good sex. When the sex goes bad, just move on. Why do women always want more than that?"

I would agree sex is very important in any serious relationship,after all do you want to share your bed with someone for the rest of your life even the though you can't enjoy the sex? God no.In a relationship sex is away of showing your feelings for one another and if both partners don't enjoy it something is wrong in the relationship most likely and it doesn't always have to be due to the sex in itself.Sex is an important part in any relationship however it isn't the only important thing,there also has to be love,understanding,being there for one another,compramize etc.

Outside of a relationship sex is simply bang bang thank you mam.

Who the hell wants to be single forever though?

A relationship based just on sex takes you no where.Chances are if a relationship is just based on sex,he/she is banging several other people too,which means she or he may be enjoying it more with other people and just making you think you're special when you're not.

Most women want to feel special is this not true?
 Karrarose43
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/26/2004 5:16:15 PM
Good morning from aussie land..... wow what a topic ..... just put my specs on to answer this one (laughing)

Ok when I was first seperated I met up with a guy around 47yrs and he called it a special relationship..... he would come up every weekend and yes have a three day weekend of sex and oh the lovely words that came out of his mouth.... your beautiful your a special one your children are wonderful.... god I love you little one..... (BLA BLA).

then he went back to work and he call to say its your turn next weekend (MY TURN) yes viewers what I didnt know was he had a woman every weekend lol...... But his words was he was hunting for gold coins but he has to try out the silver ones to see if they make gold coins (HAHA)

It became a relationship of sex from him but what he was not doing was telling them he was trying before buying (laughing) But oh dear his life crumbled before him all ladies fell in love with him and wanted more visits.... Oh dear whats he do now...... Well he found more ladies to replace the ladies until some ladies turned up at his address and omg look out jerry springer... (Laughing)

As for me caught him at it .... and guess who told the other ladies.... who happen to all go to the same chat room on msn chat lol...... revenge is sweet.......

I dont disagree on sexuall relationships as long as they are upfront and dont lie about it and if I was any normal woman I would hire a gigalow for sex because if I wanted someone in my life it would be built on a solid relationship of friendship first..... HEY its ok to say no on the first date...... But if you crumble in sexual desire lol...... don't make promises you cant keep lol.
 the_big_bad_wolf
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/12/2004 6:55:34 AM
well some people are like that.. but i always say if your just going to have sex and the man really doesnt care.. at least get paid for it.. may sound harsh but at least the women is not getting used! but most of the time the sex never lasts and stays great so if you like multiple partners that all agree to the arrangment than i guess it would be ok!
 Randominternetguy
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2007 1:16:37 PM
So, do you agree, sex sells?

Bob

I found this thread and just couldn't help but make a comment. >:)
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/9/2007 9:50:33 AM
I see nothing wrong with a sex only arrangement (a sex-only relationship is an oxy-moron) as long as both want that type thing. A lot of times one does and the other doesn't but goes along with it. It's not the sitatuon that's a bad thing but the fact that people aren't honest about what's happening and what they can handle when starting something like that.

Both women AND men are capable of getting into these things thinking something will change. Bad move, but they bring it on themselves. And once the sex goes bad regardless of the situation, why would you stay if it couldn't be fixed? Means at best its a symptom of another problem, or at worst, it's stale.

well some people are like that.. but i always say if your just going to have sex and the man really doesnt care.. at least get paid for it.. may sound harsh but at least the women is not getting used!

I wish people would quit assuming a woman in a sex only relationship got talked into it against their will like a victim. All women aren't always getting used, some are actually ok with it. Same with the OP assuming women always get emotionally involved and men don't - I have seen many scenarios that would make you reconsider. Many women use and many men get frustrated trying to make it more than it is.
 Tarika
Msg: 29
Whats wrong with sex based relationships?
Posted: 3/9/2007 3:25:22 PM
Some people (both male and female) for what ever reason don't want a serious relationship...so who are others to judge their needs and wants. If two people have the same needs etc. and are both into a more sex based relationship...what's wrong with that???

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >