Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Russian women with US citizenship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whoisi
Msg: 26
Russian women with US citizenshipPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
i know what you are talking about.They are bomb, most of them.
 Cicciolina
Msg: 27
Russian women with US citizenship
Posted: 11/4/2009 5:49:58 PM
I would stay clear of all mail order brides....Russians are notorious for scamming people. There are websites on the web dedicated to alerting to men to repeat offenders(scam artist).
That being known......why even take the chance of being duped????
You are correct, they usually do use the first husband to get into the husbands country of origin. They do the same thing in Western European country. This is not a USA thing.
I used to live in Central Europe. Men their complain about this too there.
You know, if a woman has to be desperate to get out of her country to even become a mail order bride. That is a huge red flag.

Other ethnicities and mail order brides scam gullible men everyday.

I would wait and meet someone with a US citizenship who is INDEPENDENT.

I have met nice russian girls in western europe too.

THE REALITY:
Bad seeds exist in every ethnic group
 Cicciolina
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/4/2009 6:26:40 PM
Love is the greatest emotion of all. Lonely hearts are the easiest to scam, people have their guard down. Most people over 30 have experienced enough in life to guard their feelings. No one ever thinks they are going to be scammed until it is too late.
Watch your wallets gullible men.... There is a sucker born everyday.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:21:45 PM
I dated two Russian women who I could beat at thumbwrestling. Therefore, I can beat all Russian women at thumbwrestling.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/5/2009 1:23:50 PM
Apparently for every gullible man fooled by a Russian woman, there is a fool on plentyoffish making a dumb generalization.

There is something that younger Russian women have that so many American women don't. Most are actually healthy and in good shape. Most actually want a family. Most Russian women value their family ahead of their own selfish needs. The American women who don't like to read this, are JEALOUS! The men who fail with these Russian woman do so because they are screwed up. They are discovered to be false - not real men. Their values prove to be inconsistent with what these woman actually want. I have no sympathy for American men who choose a gorgeous Russian woman who is so completely out of his league. Of course she is going to dump him the moment she has permanent status. This is a no brainer.

I too am healthy and in good shape. I too want a family. I too value family ahead of my own selfish needs. These are values that I want to teach my children. I want to select a woman that can help me to achieve that goal.

Who was it that commented about "mojo" earlier? Yuck! You mean he is willing to kiss you a$$ and buy you lots of things..... on his credit card. What's the american expression? "Bling Bling .... ". Currently, I only hear "snip snip", as more and more Americans have their credit cards cut.

Did you read the profile of the one Russian american who responded on this thread? A quick read of her profile demonstrates that she has more character and a better quality character, than so many other women on POF.

I am sorry Americans, but there is a growing Rot in your culture. You need to buckle down and make some changes before the whole glass house shatters around your ears. Canadians, we are only slightly better then are American brethren. 'Ishmael ' stop chasing the metaphorical whale!!!
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/5/2009 3:14:07 PM

In the restaurants, russian women usually expect the guy to foot the bill. But at home, they usually cook. They treat their boyfriends to home cooked meals.

That's right, guys. Now stand shoulder to shoulder with her and help her to clean up the dishes, or better yet, let her relax and do it yourself. And guess what? She'll crawl into bed with you and make made passionate love to you.

That's the main difference I have noticed in dating women who survived Communism and some American women.

This poster is right, in a way. I've discussed this frequently with my g/f. The 50+ Russian is often quite submissive. This isn't however true of the younger generation. They are extremely stubborn and assertive. This is also why so many walk away from their American husbands. Often their husbands can't handle this assertiveness once they arrive in North America. So many husbands expect a submissive wife and are surprised to discover that she is anything but submissive.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 3:38:58 PM
I am a 33 Russain woman who definitely knows a Russian and American history. Indeed, I have memories of communist regime. However, they have passed long time ago. Not only for me but for generation of people who are older than me and still live in Russia. The communist concept was not around for at least the last 15 years. Even elderly people have adjusted to the new Russia and get a kick out of their new day market economy (mostly).

Gulag is singular and not plural. It actually the Gulag.
Questions?

The above post """"""""""Russian genetic pool will recover in about 300 years to what it was before Marxism murdered 50 million of the most creative, non-commercial, outspoken, Russians."""""""""""

The above post. Genetics, my dear, has nothing to do with communism *that is not around anymore at all*

It somehwat may be a fact of upbring that you eentually may adjust. But do you really believe in 300 year crap? P.S. communism was launched shortly after 1917 where is 300 years here????

****** I guess another smart a** wants to let you know his knowledge of 300 years of Russain history.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/5/2009 3:47:12 PM

Those that valued poetry, art, music, anything that defied Marxism, were removed from the living.

hmmmmm.... my g/f is a brilliant violinist. Her father is a successful clarinetist. Her mother is a professor of theatre. You don't wipe out a genetics by killing people in this way. Creative people are smart. They recognise the reality of their time and adjust accordingly. I would suggest to you that the brilliant Russians hid their talent.

Note that all of the great violinists of the last century are Russian and Jewish: Two groups who were slaughtered with the goal of eliminatig their genes. Has this creativity ended? Don't challenge me. You will lose!

bradentonpooh, is the one Russian I mentioned earlier. I think she is a catch. Grab her ... if she'll take you.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 3:56:41 PM
See, I love the filmmakers, composers and authors of the Soviet Union and pre-Soviet Russia. In the Soviet era, "bourgeois" art such as painting and sculpting was de-emphasized in favor of art of the masses.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/5/2009 4:07:20 PM

blood lines are genetic and take time to rebuild.
The slaughtering nature of communism that you describe only lasted a generation. This isn't long enough to wipe out a culture's genetic structure.

It is only long enough to make people afraid. The older generation of Russians fear the consequences of standing up for themselves. The younger generation has adjusted very quickly.

It lasted three generations. From 1917 to 1987. The last Gulag closed in 1991.

No, most of the murders were committed in the initial decades.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/5/2009 4:54:13 PM
Try to have some compassion for a people who have had to survive genocide. The Russian people are great people. To answer the OP, it's the exception, not the norm, that a Russian woman will be a gold digger.

Yes, now I can agree with you. These are very good people.

You began your posts in a way that was quite judgemental. Now, you are showing understanding.

Film, have your opinion, but understand that when you express an opinion within a thread like this you are flirting with danger. What does your dating preference have to do with the OP question?

I love a Russian woman. I love Russian artists and musicians. Make negative comments about these people, and I will protest. Your preference is ok so long as it isn't hateful and judgemental. I think you would have to agree that looking back at some of the responses to the OP, there are a lot of very judgemental and hateful people here on POF.

By the way, I think we may have misunderstood each other. Let's back up and start again.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 5:52:01 PM
From a Russain women. T

he former USSR was not a materialistic society. Almost every single kid whom I knew was raised in a good household with traditional system of family values.

When traditional values were formed in an early age they can't (in many cases be dropped over night). The same way as helathy eating habits that were gives to a kid since age 3. It is highly unlikely that this person will turn into a junk eater at the age of 25-30 (only because she moved to the US and junk food is availible). I do not have any Russain friends who eat junk most times. I still can care less about soda, chips, hamburgers and etc. I prefer home cooking.

Sure, we get Americanized. We have to do it in order to succeed in this country. We have to understand how the society works. But dropping core values that were formed in the early age is highly unlikely.

From all my friends whom I had over there I know solid 90% whose parents are still married. Those kids (now adults do not know what a divorce is).
Becoming a dual citizen and having respect for both countries I believe my "core" values were never compromised.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 10:11:03 AM
First of all, glad we are again getting bored and resurrecting three year old threads, can't someone have some sort of immediate, current crisis for pof to handle?

You are right in your observations. However the causes of young Russians, and I've known Russian female emigres from age 19 to 59, is that it's a fundamental genetic issue. The Gulags simply annihilated the genetic liine of any family who showed resistance, or revolutionary spirit. Those entire families and their genetic code was wiped out. 50 million people and their families.

What a bunch of horse shit. There is more than one way to object to the way you live, many people managed to do quite well during Communism by being in the government. Kids with talent lived very decent lives in order to dance or play music. Religion didn't die despite the fact that it was illegal and everyone was supposed to be atheist.

Then you must consider the numbers of people that got out at various times throughout history that continued those genetic lines and those that went back after Communism ended.

Like anything else, this is a generalization. People marry for citizenship, duh. I doubt that everyone Russian or otherwise that then moved on from those marriages were doing so just to "trade up."
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/9/2009 12:27:10 PM

50 million of the most outspoken Russians are genocided

What is your source for these outlandishly high numbers? You do realize that the current total population is only 141 million. Did you maybe mean 5 million. I stand by my earlier argument that most of the genocide actually occured before Stalin's death in 1953. 14 million is the larges number that I have seen. Are you suggesting that every person who passed through these camps were killed? ... and all of them failed to leave behind genes that could be passed to the next generation. I don't buy it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag
 packagedealx3
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 2:14:58 PM
Good to see the man who professes to want to understand and love everyone has made a decision about the extent of my intelligence and/or character based on a single post that gasp, disagreed with him. You would also find that few people would agree with your assertion that I am one of the inarticulate.

The notion that all of the people with gumption or artistic qualities expired during Stalin is a bit far-fetched as well, even if many of them did. Because again, people do what they must to survive so the way they think and their actual aptitudes would not be absent, just subsumed. Refraining from following natural tendencies does not erase them from the gene pool, but they remained lying dormant until a time when they could again be open about their talents and intelligence.

I don't believe that Russian or eastern European women are any more materialistic than other people that have come from cultures where there was no commerce and suddenly they are in stores where there is so much, they can't make simple consumer decisions. That said, there are fewer and fewer people immigrating from the eastern bloc that experienced the great deprivation most of us associate with Communism and the Cold War period.

A friend of mine taught in Hungary after 1988 and requested care packages because many things like toilet paper, kleenex and feminine hygiene products were not available. Most of us do not think of European countries as being third world in their standard of living but they were at the time. Conversely, because the European Union worked to improve the economies of the eastern bloc countries in order to cut down on immigration to EU countries, the standards of living in most of those nations has improved a great deal.

We offered our home to a girl over the summer. She is 19, was adopted here when she was 12, she had no recollection of the Russia that 40 something Americans imagine Russia was like, so even that early, within a decade of the dissolution of the Soviet Union, there were people that had money and weren't struggling.

Painting any group with such a wide brush is not only unrealistic, it is disrespectful to everyone in that group because it assumes that there are no inherent qualities that would cause someone to work hard to achieve a better life for themselves rather than expecting it to be handed to them, and that the people that nurtured them failed in this task as well.

Many immigrants either seem to work very hard or embrace an entitlement attitude (and I'm sure most fall between those extremes); the latter I don't believe describes all Russian women that have immigrated to the United States nor all immigrants. You think you argue in support of tolerance but instead you fail to view each individual as an individual.

ou mean they were concentration Gulag camp guards and their administrators? How is being a part of genocide considered doing well, How do you define that? Just looking for some relationship morals here.

Unless I am mistaken, there were government agencies outside the Gulag camps and like Orwell depicted so well, when communism was in place in the Soviet Union the government officials, artists, athletes, all lived very well from a socio-economic standpoint. Wasn't addressing morals but standard of living and the economic views that would engender.
 acuddler
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/15/2009 10:28:37 PM
Once they have U.S. citizenship, they are AMERICAN women.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/16/2009 2:52:40 PM

Once they have U.S. citizenship, they are AMERICAN women

Smartass!!! Yes, but they are still Russian women. I am absolutely convinced that the average American IQ is VERY VERY low. This would explain George W. Bush! USA: fat, ugly and stupid. Best?? No, "B" stands "broke"

..... and now that I have offended everyone, please recognise that I am talking about the minority of outspoken Americans.
 acuddler
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/16/2009 4:32:28 PM
Not 'smartass'...'Educated Rectum'. With an IQ of 154-just 6 points below Albert Einstein-I'm obviously smart. Unlike some, I do have the education needed to best use my smarts. America is supposed to be a melting pot, where immigrants put their origins behind them to embrace the American ways. How can they do that, if we won't let them?
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 4:40:43 PM
From a Russian woman.......
The US is a country of immigrants. A lot of first generation immigrants choose to maintain their culture. It is not unlikely to find an Indian guy working in 7-11 who despite his US citizenship is still more Indian than American.
Russian educational system is very strong. That is why I didn't have any problem to get my Doctorate at 28. It is more your start versus your IQ.
Traditional values that were developed in you since childhood are not going to vanish only because you get naturalized. E.g. if a woman was raised on healthy home cooked meals she will continue to do so in her adult life (despite of a blue passport) and not switch to a junk food.
Relationship however are more build on your personality, system of values, chemistry versus IQ and education.
I can say here are quite a few men in this country who crave a woman with a traditional up-bringing who has her immigration papers, SSN, education, and pays her bills.
 bradentonpooh
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 6:43:59 AM
What surprised me how fast poeple draw conclusions about USSR ad Russia without having appropriate level of understanding those societies and cultures.
For example, el......... makes a staement ---------On the other hand, countries which used to be under Russian rule during the Soviet era did not care for it and most of their citizens didn't care to learn Russian.-------------

It is incorrect. Learning Russain was manatoy for all republics under the USSR. Thy not oly know Russian they are solidly bi-lingual. But indeed it changed after the collpase of the former USSR but doesn't affect people 30+. It just the way the system was set up. This is an example ofsome sort of a limited incorrect belief.

The OP is not talking aout mail in brides. He i stalking about Russain nationalities who live in this country and naturilized citizens.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/25/2009 6:10:34 PM
Foreigners are automatically judged as different. They are automatically judged and evaluated at a level that locals aren't. As a result, the bad apples are going to remembered far more frequently than bad apples in the local population.

Russians are the former enemy of the USA. Russians use Americans for usa citizenship. Therefore all russians must be manipulative, users. BAD RUSSIANS!!

Ummmmm ... let's step back and think a little.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/3/2009 8:42:14 PM
A few days after my ex and I decided to go our seperate ways, a man showed up at my house extremely distraught, ranting about his wife running off with my husband. Apparently, when she left, he went through the computer searching for clues as to where she might have gone, and discovered that she had been on dating websites, meeting men for afternoon trysts the entire time they had been married. He was able to track down through her email records that her most recent liason had been my ex.

I can't say I was surprised, I had known for awhile that something was up, and I had already detached myself emotionally from him, so it was no skin off my nose at that point, but my heart really went out to the guy. Apparently, he had sponsered her trip here from the Philippines, given a generous amount of money to her to send to her family back home, married her, and supported her for two years, as she went through the immigration process. He was absolutely crushed to realize that the timing of her disappearance directly coincided with her approval as legal resident. From what I heard, he went to great lengths to have her status revoked in light of the new information, but he was told that unless she was a drug dealer or a murderer, no one would be pursuing the matter. Talk about a slap in the face! So, yes, it happens. Caveat Emptor
 Lovelygirl88
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/4/2009 1:30:29 AM
I still don't understand why American men would keep looking for women who live in other countries ( including poor countries). Sure there are many successful love stories for lucky guys who traveled and sponsored their faithful used-tobe-alien wives ( I know some), but it certainly posing a greater risks.
America has every kind / types of women and men with any different background from each corner of the world.

One has to remember that "know, read, study, visiting, spend few months/years, experience a taste of life in other countries" is Not the same as being born, grew up and live the life in a poor country ( even when one was not poor). So, it is just common sense that there is a potential ( bad) surprises) coming out from women from different cultures.
Keep brushing your egos by trying to be the "Hero" of the poor lil women from far away countries.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/4/2009 2:11:19 AM
Some things just never change in Forum Land
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/4/2009 2:31:23 AM

Keep brushing your egos by trying to be the "Hero" of the poor lil women from far away countries.

me things just never change in Forum Land

I don't know what is more revolting: the men who view themselves as heros or the women who believe that this is what generally attracts a man to a foreign bride.

I think women who have been in the West for a while ( all their life) feel very threatened by foreign brides. This is a big part of the problem since many of these foreign brides have difficulty adapting to the their new culture given the lack of acceptance from their female peers in the husband's country. This puts and enormous strain on the relationship. My Russian fiance has been in the USA for almost 7 years, not as a spouse, but a temporary resident. She has always felt very alienated by her western female peers.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Russian women with US citizenship