Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Russian women with US citizenship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arabianangel
Msg: 51
Russian women with US citizenshipPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I think women who have been in the West for a while ( all their life) feel very threatened by foreign brides. This is a big part of the problem since many of these foreign brides have difficulty adapting to the their new culture given the lack of acceptance from their female peers in the husband's country. This puts and enormous strain on the relationship. My Russian fiance has been in the USA for almost 7 years, not as a spouse, but a temporary resident. She has always felt very alienated by her western female peers.

You could be right you know.

Russian women are generally very attractive and tend to be rather tradditional in many ways...traits that are commonly envied by other women.
 Lovelygirl88
Msg: 52
Russian women with US citizenship
Posted: 12/4/2009 6:24:12 PM
I am sure that normal single women / men want to find love as their Primary goal, along the way it really doesn't hurt to be " a hero", get spoiled, feel like Cinderellas, treated with respect, perks of power, fame , money, green card, materials, etc.

...." This is a big part of the problem since many of these foreign brides have difficulty adapting to the their new culture given the lack of acceptance from their female peers in the husband's country. This puts and enormous strain on the relationship. My Russian fiance has been in the USA for almost 7 years, not as a spouse, but a temporary resident. She has always felt very alienated by her western female peers. "
Boink,
It is not a pleasant task to uproot oneself, adjust, adapting to a totally new life, new relationship, culture. It may help if there is acceptance from peers, but it probably has to do with age. I personally would not care a bit about acceptance from any one ( including my family, which I never have problem) on my love life. Trust, love and support are needed by women who uproot themselves. Wish you a happy ending.
 pandusvenator
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/4/2009 6:55:23 PM
I think you saw tits and a$$ and forgot you had choice and abundance on your side.
 gail1010
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/4/2009 9:36:01 PM
I am new to POF, and just found this thread... Dear FilmmakerMike! It's wonderful that you like Andrey Tarkovsky, hi's one of my favorite film directors as well, but you have no idea about life in post-Soviet Russia, so please stop making assumptions!
Let's do some math. The Perestroika which ends the communism era officially began in 1987, so if you want to find a pure and traditional "communist" woman, she needs to be at least in her 50-s...
As to the whole thread, again, I wouldn't recommend using "Russians" do describe all the people from the former Soviet Union; it's the same as using "Americans" for the whole American continent from Canada to Chile: different nations, different countries.
But it was nice to familiarize myself with the urban legend about Russian women... Thanks!
 valenciacityx
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/11/2011 11:16:14 AM

and folks keep in mind: only old loosers are looking for a woman in a foreign country. a guy who is successfull in US would find a woman here.

Unless say you had a degree in Russian, and have traveled your whole adult life with the military and have no great affinity for the American civilian population

Looking for a Russian/Ukrainian bride? relocate there, it takes citizenship right off the table. And if you want an expanding capitalist economy, you should look to Moscow before Dc ; every time.
 platypus_man
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2011 12:31:16 PM
Face it, people have been coming here for centuries to get a better life than they left 'back home'. Immigration laws prevent that now, so the smart folks find a way around it. For a pretty girl, temporary marriage is one way. Prostitution? Hey, it's not called the world's oldest profession for nothing; despite people preferring to believe it's all about love, each person gets into marriage to get something, for men, that's usually sex driven, hence the 'oldest profession' quote,while for women, it's usually for something else.
That said, I've known several women who went the marriage route for a few years, and got divorced once they had their own citizenship. You do what you have to do in life. It's not always what you WANT to do.
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/20/2011 2:46:48 PM
My experiences have been that they are very manipulative and for all practical purposes just gold-digging.

So, are you saying, you did not have the type of shaft that would keep a gold-digger interested?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/20/2011 3:09:33 PM
OP...your OPost is blatently bigoted...how a thread targeting one group of people passed forum muster I'll never know.
 ladyc4
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/21/2011 10:53:54 AM
yeah, I took a look at his profile ,too.
Isn't it amazing how those with the least to offer seem to have the longest list of requirements and "dealbreakers"?
And I seriously doubt he has money...sounds to me like a househopper and maybe a con artist. Statistically speaking, Caucasian women with no kids and their own home are going to be the most likely women to have resources he can drain...er, tap into.
He probably thought Russian women who were citizens by marriage would have financial resources yet be easily conned...sounds like he thought wrong, don't it?
The emails he claims to be getting from women he's already defined as unsuitable are probably epistles of the deepest and most thoughtful vilification...
Cindy O
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/21/2011 11:39:15 AM

The emails he claims to be getting from women he's already defined as unsuitable are probably epistles of the deepest and most thoughtful vilification...

With the strictest admonishment I must comment on the OPost and only the OPost...which is such a bigoted statement about women of one particular nationality...if OPie had included any other nationalities in the OPost I'm sure I could have included the term racist in this post as well.

Again I'm just amazed this thread passes forum muster.
 twin1053
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/3/2014 8:15:17 AM
I am a good Guy that was married for 28 years, now widowed for the last 5 years and looking for my new best friend to spend the rest of my life with. Financially secure, very clean, kind, caring, attentive and faithful. Would love to meet a nice Russian or Ukraine Women.
 hotmerlot
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/3/2014 5:02:07 PM
I have a friend from the Ukraine that married a Canadian husband. She is extremely pretty, religious and pliant. It breaks my heart to see how he treats her. She has no family here to protect her.

International brides are extremely vulnerable as they have to leave behind their entire support system and often are financially and emotionally dependent on their North American husbands. That is not to say there can't be happy marriages but there is a cost to both parties.

BTW it is entirely possible that these women are leaving their American husbands for the same reasons that local women divorce their husbands.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/5/2014 12:35:33 PM

My experiences have been that they are very manipulative and for all practical purposes just gold-digging.

I went out with a Russian woman. At one date, which she called, she wanted to go to this one park. The date seemed to go well. We went over the tennis courts and she told me everything wrong they were doing. She had been a ballerina in Moscow and later after living Russia started to play tennis and coach.
After our walk we stopped by a restaurant next to the park. We ordered drinks and had something to eat. Everything seemed great. Then the bill arrived. I pulled out my wallet. She said "no, this one's on me." I responded "are you sure?" And let her pay.

That night she text me that we were over, that no REAL MAN should have allowed her to pay. I told her that no real woman would have played that game.
 DragonBits
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/5/2014 1:02:44 PM

I have a friend from the Ukraine that married a Canadian husband. She is extremely pretty, religious and pliant. It breaks my heart to see how he treats her. She has no family here to protect her.

International brides are extremely vulnerable as they have to leave behind their entire support system and often are financially and emotionally dependent on their North American husbands. That is not to say there can't be happy marriages but there is a cost to both parties.

Of course if someone wants to stay with a spouse that doesnt' treat them well, that is their right. But reality is that in your example the Husband it taking all the financial risk.

You should check the laws in Canada, likely they are similar to the USA. I do know that Canada has asponsorship agreement that commits you to provide financial support for your spouse or relative if necessary.

I don't know about Canadian Visa laws, but if they are like the USA, the husband (or wife) is financially responsible for the person when apply for a visa.

This applies to either a man or woman, depending on who is living in country and applying for the Visa.

Anyone applying for a marriage visa has to sign an affidavit of support contract.

The affidavit of support lasts until the person has worked for 40 quarter (10 years), or until the person becomes a USA citizen. Or if the person goes back to their country, which the signer of the affidavit of support would be responsible to pay for.

A woman can leave her husband soon after they get married and remain in the USA IF she can prove abuse. The husband would be responsible to support her for 10 years.

After 2 years she can get a divorce for any reason and still remain in the USA. The husband would be responsible to support her for 10 years.

Divorce does not end the contract. Any money the USA spends on the person, meaning welfare, food stamps, healthcare they will attach the assets of the person who signed the affidavit of support.

So considering this reality, who is really financially at risk?
 Maleman999
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/5/2014 2:03:03 PM
Another thing about women from Ukraine, Russia, or some other country where women appear to have old fashioned, traditional values is: It's surprising how quickly these women adapt to western society values and quickly learn what their rights are in the new country to cover their behinds if things don't work out in the marriage frontier. So there is no guarantee of a happily-ever-after outcome for a guy just because the woman's roots is overseas.
Posted: 5/5/2014 2:57:25 PM

Everything seemed great. Then the bill arrived. I pulled out my wallet. She said "no, this one's on me." I responded "are you sure?" And let her pay.

That night she text me that we were over, that no REAL MAN should have allowed her to pay.

That's just messed up, right there.

She either expects a man to "take manly control" and go against her will with no regard for her wishes at all, paying and not letting her pay, and it was a test...or she already decided she didn't want you, and her philosophy is to pay the bill if she doesn't like her date, and then wanted to rudely screw with your head and go sideways and pretend that it's something else that turned her off, not being able to, or wanting to, fess up to just not liking you.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/5/2014 5:51:05 PM

then wanted to rudely screw with your head and go sideways and pretend that it's something else that turned her off, not being able to, or wanting to, fess up to just not liking you.

Probably a mix of things. It's never what you may think. I had a feeling it was not going to work when I told her that I was going to therapy, to which she replied. "What you need is Russian therapy, vodka."

Russian women are many times like Spanish (from Spain) women. Their men treat them like sh it and are big make chauvinist pigs, but when you don't put them in their place they become super high maintenance and tread guys like s hi t.
 DragonBits
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/6/2014 3:39:17 AM

Probably a mix of things. It's never what you may think. I had a feeling it was not going to work when I told her that I was going to therapy, to which she replied. "What you need is Russian therapy, vodka."

Russian women are many times like Spanish (from Spain) women. Their men treat them like sh it and are big make chauvinist pigs, but when you don't put them in their place they become super high maintenance and tread guys like s hi t.

That is probably true.

But I have noticed one other thing.

People living in totalitarian states tend to be much more deceptive and less willing to tell the truth. I assume that is because to tell the truth or disagree with anyone in authority means you lose your life, means to live or end up in prison.
 moraima
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2014 9:11:34 AM
"I think women who have been in the West for a while ( all their life) feel very threatened by foreign brides. This is a big part of the problem since many of these foreign brides have difficulty adapting to the their new culture given the lack of acceptance from their female peers in the husband's country. This puts and enormous strain on the relationship. My Russian fiance has been in the USA for almost 7 years, not as a spouse, but a temporary resident. She has always felt very alienated by her western female peers."

"But I have noticed one other thing.

People living in totalitarian states tend to be much more deceptive and less willing to tell the truth. I assume that is because to tell the truth or disagree with anyone in authority means you lose your life, means to live or end up in prison."

I am going to object to the above bias.

Imo, that bias maybe the way the average person in the USA thinks. People in my world (Canada and Cuba) do not feel that way. From what I have experienced, generally Canadian people judge people from other countries as individuals.

The idea that all women from a certain country are this way or that way is ridiculous.

In Canada, I have had multiple occasions where I have attended functions where brides from other counties where with their husbands. The majority of these couples have had good marriages. The Canadian women I have witnessed interacting with foreign brides are very interested in the women as a person and want to get to know her as a person.

A man I know through dealing with his business married a Cuban women. He went through hell getting her into Canada. She and I quickly became good friends. He was rich, but she wouldn't accept his money and started off working in Canada scrubbing floods to make her own money before she would get a job in the profession she was educated for.

I have another Canadian friend (who is a doctor) who married a man from Australia and now lives there. She is black and he is white. She has been living in Oz for several years now. She is back right now in Canada right now for a visit (comes here several times a year). Last night several friend came over to my place from Chinese food and a get together. My dishes are mostly black. Everyone but her used a black plate to pile with the Chinese food, but she took a beige bowl from the cupboard. I said to her ``you should have grabbed a black bowl``. She replied ``why, because I am black``. I said `` of course not, but because all the dishes on the table are black``. She said ``in Oz they would have meant because I am black`. I am so sick of them making comments about me being black. They have known me for years............get over the fact I am black``. I am so glad to be back in Canada where no one cares``.

Not all countries zero in on a person`s colour or where they were born.

Reading threads like this make me glad that that I live in two countries where people only judge others by whether they are decent human beings or not.
 DragonBits
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/6/2014 9:26:45 AM

Imo, that bias maybe the way the average person in the USA thinks. People in my world (Canada and Cuba) do not feel that way. From what I have experienced, generally Canadian people judge people from other countries as individuals.

The idea that all women from a certain country are this way or that way is ridiculous.

In Canada, I have had multiple occasions where I have attended functions where brides from other counties where with their husbands. The majority of these couples have had good marriages. The Canadian women I have witnessed interacting with foreign brides are very interested in the women as a person and want to get to know her as a person.

The majority of people within any group will TEND to think the same as the rest of the group.

So I judge groups, but I don't apply that judgement to individuals. I treat groups as groups and individuals as individuals. Tendicies do not dicate how individuals behave.

HOWEVER, when you say “average person in the USA thinks” or you say, “Canadian people judge people from other countries as individuals”. you are thinking of people as a group and NOT individuals.

So you really can have it both ways. Either Canadians don't generally do this or that, or you will have to also accept Russians generally do this or that.

I think words and their real meanings are also important.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/6/2014 9:48:31 AM
I have had several relationships with Russian women who used their 1st husbands for citizenship. Those guys appear to be big fools, but I would assume that there are probably some relationships that worked out. The Russian women I dated had citizenship thanks to husband #1 and were looking for husband #2 to get them bigger and better things.

The HELL you say! Golly, that's SO hard to believe. LMAO.

That's why I always laugh when guys here on the forums claim that mail order brides are "so much better than b*itchy, self-entitled Amercian women." Even more ironic, these are the same bitter guys that cry about paying for a woman's dinner but think spending THOUSANDS of dollars to bring a foreign woman over here is A-ok.

Most of these foreign gals are looking for a one-way ticket out and for a chance to have a better life than what they've got. If they have to pretend they love the overweight, dateless, unattractive guy that's willing to finance that new life for them, then that's exactly what they'll do.
 moraima
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2014 9:53:42 AM
``The majority of people within any group will TEND to think the same as the rest of the group. ``

``I think words and their real meanings are also important.`

Agreed.

``Either Canadians don't generally do this or that, or you will have to also accept Russians generally do this or that.``

I can only speak about the majority of Canadians I know (yes, there are some bias people in any country depending on their experiences).

I have never hear any Canadian say the Russian women who marry Canadian are automatically gold diggers.

BTW, I did meet a young Russian women (doctor) who immigrated to the USA (married to a Russian man) who I spoke with at length while on vacation in Cuba. She told me that they had their paperwork filed to immigrate to Canada, and they couldn`t wait to get away from the bias they faced in the USA.

We have all had our life experiences with these types of issues. I will continue to go with giving everyone the chance to prove if they are a decent human being or not. Of course it is a risk. We all know that their a gold diggers both male and female from every country on the planet. I believe gold diggers are the exception not the rule.

If a man buys a bridge from a foreign country, and a women allows herself to be bought, what happens next is a risk they take.

If a person meets a person from another country and falls in love, that is completely different.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/6/2014 10:48:46 AM

A man I know through dealing with his business married a Cuban women.

I've known cuban women. The ones from Miami and the ones that came off the boat. Actually, the Miami ones are more of a pain than the ones that somehow migrated. I think the bigger issue are easter block women. They are indeed very materialistic. A friend of mine is dating one his girlfriend said, that she wanted to get pregnant by some rich guy so she could have the child set up with child support. She wasn't kidding, was what my friend found shocking.

My country Venezuela is in the way of becoming another Cuba. It's so sad. Yet the women are still very emotional and very proud, even though they are high maintenance. They also seem to get free access to Canada and a lot of Venezuelan live up there. Including a ton of family.
 Vannili
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2014 9:15:15 AM
Southbayjim: Mesg.#1.

Gee!! All Russian women are gold diggers and they only marry # 1 husband for US citizenship , and #2 husband for more money and better things ? Wow ! stereotyping women in any Nation is not good, for you become a narrow minded.
Do yourself a favor on your next reincarnation , come back
on this earth as dog not a man, so you won't have a problem with women in any nationality, >>> American women are mean, high maintenance and money hungry, Asian women are green cards and money hungry and they are doormat and dumb. Indian women wants green cards and big diamonds to put on their forehead and gold bracelets for their wrist and lots of servants to cater to them and they eat raw onions and raw garlics .... It is a tough world brother , My advice ( I borrowed your quote) ........
<div class="quote"> My advice is PROCEED WITH CAUTION! well, you are better off to change your team go for a GAY MAN.. And good luck.

Vannili
 Vannili
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2014 9:44:11 AM
You are probably a lonely, bitter person who has nothing to do but insult people you don't know.
Oh well Not my problem.

How many is several , a hundred + or just 2 or 3 ?? Well, brother you show and tell that you are a big loser, so don't blame the other forumites on how they percieve you , on your words..

Are you sure that "several RUSSIAN WOMEN that you have a relationship with are not the same woman who doesn't look you eye to eye , gold digger ect ect. ????

It is a fact that even siblings, twins ,quadruoplets have different characters, with the same parents, You are not talking about Russian Female SHEEPS are you ? Sheeps have a clone mindset, that is why they are known as a dumb animals. Check that out.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Russian women with US citizenship