Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Random Acts of KindnessPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
ICECAPS are Iced Cappuchino. CudleyCanuck you must have left Canada before Timmies sold them. They are yummy and so refreshing on a hot summer day.

Tink, Calgary
 tisme_susan
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Random Acts of Kindness
Posted: 10/21/2006 5:14:32 PM
I had a garage sale yesterday and due to a sleepless night before I was exhausted by 2pm....went and took a nap, while my girlfriend carried on with the sale. I awoke about 6, and she'd put everything that was left away and had rearranged my garage so everything was sooo neat and tidy....and also did the dishes that i'd left in the kitchen sink..what a sweetheart...
 tisme_susan
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Random Acts of Kindness
Posted: 10/22/2006 10:56:09 AM
^^^^ I think that should be in the dippy thread Pedro
 Manseekscompanion
Msg: 6
Random Acts of Kindness
Posted: 11/30/2006 3:22:18 AM
Mine is only a little gesture, let someone in front of me at the newsagent today.. I was paying 2 bills, but first one took a while, so I said to this guy, "Are you here doing something quickly? You can go first."
 greyingred
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Random Acts of Kindness
Posted: 2/24/2009 3:18:51 AM
I have always practiced random acts of kindness and never cease to be amazed about how one little gesture through six degrees of separation comes back to me.

A homeless Indigenous man came to my door. Clean, polite, middle aged with a beautiful smile asked politely if he could have some money to get home and then asked for cigarettes (being an addict myself if I have spare I will always share....hmm a drug pusher arghhh ). Anyways, I have no money to speak of, never do but again especially since this is a posh area it took bravery to come and ask. So I raided the change jar, gave him some rollies and sent him on his way. During this time I have been mourning the fact that I can no longer afford to buy myself flowers. It was a fortnightly treat but my new place's rent is so high that those luxuries are defunct. A few days after the charming beggar, my daughter and I are drinking coffee al fresco ( so I canna be that poor. Nah she took me out, lol). I catch out of the corner of my eye two middle aged Indigenous men, giggling, bending mischeviously towards each other, looking so much like they would have done as young boys, walking up the street clutching a large bunch of flowers. It seemed obvious that they had just 'spirited' it from a newsagents it made me smile. Lo and behold one of them comes up to me, "excuse me, I was wondering if you would like a bunch of flowers". !!!!!!! He also asked if he could kiss me...ahhhhh...so I said as long as he wasn't going to 'sing' me no probs. He kissed me on my third eye. I was delighted and didn't bat an eyelid when they asked for a cigarette cos I had a massive bunch of flower with carnations (one of my favourites).

I have so many more stories but my favourite is being in the Neo Natal Unit for a few weeks with one of my babies. A woman, strikingly beautiful caught my eye because she was bald. I was curious because she was in her mid 30's and one expected that from a teen. Anyhow being an artist, I had to admit that with her bone structure the hairstyle or lack of, was absolutely perfect and suited her. So I told her so. Turns out she had cancer, her baby had had to be induced so she could commence treatment. She was feeling so ugly and I made her day. I still send thoughts out to her hoping she is alive to enjoy her now 11 year old child.
 InvetedPanda
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Random Acts of Kindness
Posted: 2/6/2013 1:34:17 PM
Here is a few that jump to mind
After working 18hrs between 2 jobs i seen a fella struggling to move soil off his lawn into his garden on my way home so I pulled over and helped him out for a couple of hours.
Recently on another forum i'm associated with a fella had his car written off a week after getting it registered so i sent him some funds to help him back on his feet. once i did that others followed suit and he is now close to having the replacement on the road again.
Regularly pull over if i see people on the side of the road since i have a mechanical background and often can help them drive home or at least point out what is wrong.

Although i don't believe in karma as such i do think that if you do good things, good things will come to you.
 arieschik78
Msg: 13
Random Acts of Kindness
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:40:05 AM
My friend works at reception and all day today had to grin and bear it as countless bunches of roses were delivered.....she split up with her fiance (he left her) about 8 months ago and has been miserable ever since.... on the seventh delivery the florist bought her a beautiful bunch of flowers. Now that is a beautiful and kind thing to do on Valentines Day. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >