Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 16
Fave Christmas traditionPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
don't have xmas any more
 shellbell60
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Fave Christmas tradition
Posted: 10/22/2006 3:20:37 PM
When my boys were little I separated from their Dad...he insisted on having Christmas Day with them. No big deal...we started celebrating the first of December with an advent calender filled with personal little treats, making gingerbread houses in our pj's and getting all messy, making popcorn and cranberry chains for the tree, watching the line-up of Christmas specials, making a hamper for a needy family and delivering it in secret and having a fondue on Christmas Eve. They still love all that stuff. Christmas is about family and the real reason behind the season.
 Fluffy Handcuffs
Msg: 31
Fave Christmas tradition
Posted: 10/24/2006 1:27:29 PM
a few fave traditions that I have kept for the last 6 years purposely in mind with my kids:

~ Stanley Park Train... who would miss that?!?!
~ making, building & decorating a gingerbread house (and just think I DONT bake! lolol)
~ going to church on Christmas Eve night at the kiddies mass... lots of singing!
~ packing backpacks with basic necessities (toothpaste & brush, soap, socks, laces, mitts)for the homeless/less fortunate.
 downtoearth50
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Fave Christmas tradition
Posted: 10/24/2006 2:29:36 PM
Well, since being by ourselves, the kids and I have made a tradition that every Christmas morning we turn on the fireplace, drink hot chocolate and open gifts. After that, we eat breakie and do a puzzle. It doesn't matter what puzzle, but it's a "family" thing we can all do....sometimes it doesn't get finished as everyone gets bored, but the intentions are there and it gives us some quality time together.
 APrettyBride33
Msg: 34
Fave Christmas tradition
Posted: 10/24/2006 3:11:43 PM
I've always added a new ornament to the tree to signify that particular year... my hope is that one day, I'll have a tree with all unique ornaments that tell the story of our lives...

Another tradition I have always enjoyed with my son is to sing christmas carols as we decorate the tree - every year, the kids always took turns putting the angel on the top of the tree, but now that turn is gonna be divided 4 ways!!!

Santa always brings 2 presents for each kid, and it's ALWAYS the only ones wrapped in "Santa" wrap with a black permanent marker with the kid's names on it :)

It's gonna be a Christmas ripe with blended traditions this year!!!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >