Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Double-Double
Msg: 116
Whats the Best Accent you've hear that you love... and whyPage 2 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Maybe a little off topic, but possibly a point of view that hasn't been discussed.

I'm a first generation Canadian. My Mother is from England, My Dad Scotland and my grandmother who talked like she just came to Canada 40 years after she arrived lived with me most of my childhood. I got quite the interesting schooling on becoming what I realize now as being somewhat tri-lingual.

I found it a little odd in my teen years that I took a liking to British humor when all of my friends were lost on the punchlines. It became quite distracting that people would want to hear me say certain things because I could roll "r's" fluently, would use "aye" rather than yes and seemed to put a different emphasis on some words. The accents in my home brought about additional vocabulary and while around family, it didn't seem out of place to use some terms as it was socially acceptable...some terms when used outside the home could raise more than a few eyebrows.

I spent a long time trying to cover up my natural speech and it lead to some stuttering or concistently being lost for words. It hampered my conversations and it was mainly due to being embarrased that I spoke a little differently than most of the people I knew. I'd have to rethink my words to avoid terms that would need explanation. ie telling someone that you'd like the tawties doesn't always go over well...lol

No Fat **stard requests please!!! I do a much better Sean Connery or Patrick Stewart

With that said, a word of caution. While it's flattering to have someone bewitched by one's tongue. It becomes cumbersome and sometimes embarrasing when it's a topic of conversaion for longer than 5 minutes of a date.

I find the southern belle accent very disarming ... it has a sweet sound to it that you can't help but listen to.
 DoWeMatch
Msg: 117
Whats the Best Accent you've hear that you love... and why
Posted: 11/14/2006 6:55:10 AM
Aussie, hands down. Steve Irwin typified the aussies I know, friendly funny up beat and off the wall at times.
 lyin eyes
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 8:30:54 AM
We southern ladies thank you so much
 skydad
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/16/2006 7:44:27 AM
For me, nothing is sweeter than the beautiful accent of a south Louisiana Cajun girl. What a turn-on.
 Sindee
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 8:06:20 PM
Would be Manchester (northern accent) which is close to the "brummie"
 la_mom
Msg: 132
Posted: 11/21/2006 9:29:29 PM
Lots of interesting accents out there....but at the end of the day....a southern accent still does it for me.
 sweetcurves
Msg: 134
Posted: 11/21/2006 10:25:57 PM
Any accent gets me going. I dated a guy who was 1/2 Turkish...his accent was sexy as hell. I also dated someone who spoke fluent Italian and OMG our phone conversations were damn hot.
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2006 2:52:17 PM
no,the British accent is pompus and boring... the american,canadian,french and italian are the most sexiest by far........... by the way .... I am not English so sorry,don't have the English accent... I am welsh,much more softer and sexier

well come on listen to the queen and then Cathrine Zeta jones.... ermmmm yeah,the welsh is better,but saying that,Catherine does have a deep voice for a gal,,, so her accent but softer and that is me
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2006 3:00:01 PM
lol.angelab,,,, you understand the true scottish accent??? I am used to it and still have no idea what they are talkng about
 heart.broken
Msg: 160
Posted: 11/25/2006 11:42:09 AM
english accent! definitely. i could hear it for days
 FantasyWanted
Msg: 165
Posted: 11/29/2006 11:26:28 AM
Okay, it has to be . . . a husky male Scottish brogue whispering "Och, Lassie . .." and proceeds in telling me what he really wants to do with me. Yep, that would trip me silly!!!!!
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/30/2006 9:57:35 PM
As an Australian male... love Canadian & American women & their cute accents... also went out with a lovely English girl when I was younger... still remember that accent & the smell of her hair... funny things that stick in your memory....
 Anna_Frost
Msg: 184
Posted: 12/18/2006 2:47:37 PM
I like the asian Accent
the one that tries to speak English
it always gets me wet.
 octanehammer
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/18/2006 5:44:28 PM
Russian...I was raised by hard core patriotic parents. I was born in '73 so I am a late cold-war child. I was raised that they were the enemy, and we all know about desiring the "forbidden fruit" thing. Now I know the world has changed since I was a child, but I still love that particular accent. There is a certian young lady that is a client of my company, she was born in Russia, and her parents moved to the States when she was about 17, some six years later she hasn't lost a lick of the sound, and I completely melt when she comes around. Unfortunately, due to working situations, she must remain a dream.
 Azalea Path
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/20/2006 7:12:37 PM
My favorite is a kind of odd one...Minnesota accents really do it for me! I've met three guys from Minnesota, one ex, one off again on again, and one friend, and I just LOVE those accents! Minnesota is a hotbed for cuties, btw.
 parry10
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2006 11:12:09 PM
Australian women for sure.........beautiful accent and they are extremely articulate and caring....of course they always say I have such a great Canadian accent......go figure....(us Canadians don't have accents.....the rest of the world does.....lol)
 colt8301
Msg: 196
Posted: 12/25/2006 11:34:33 PM
Italian and spanish is one of my favorites it's very sexy.
 chameleontat
Msg: 198
Posted: 12/26/2006 9:14:07 AM
How come every place in the world has an accent except us here in NE WI? Everyone else talks funny we are the only ones that speak English correctly ey. I don't mind accents but they are not a big turn on or off for me. It is fun to tease the outsider like the woman from NC that warshes her close or the lady from Scotland that milks the coo.

Oh yea, and I always thought Labrador and NewFoundland were dog breeds turns out they are places in Canada. Wow, go figure. LOL
 dannyr0697
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2006 9:48:48 AM
As a Southerner, I'd be lyin if I said I wasn't into southern women's accents. I really like their gentealness. It shows, not only in the way they talk, but the way they think,carry themselves, and treat their men.

A close second would have to be Australian, with French probably tied. OOOLaLa!!!
 Americanlove
Msg: 203
Posted: 12/26/2006 7:49:29 PM
I married a Brit and I seriously think the accent was the reason.....
Can't stand him but, loved to hear him say....ur a cheeky bugger u are!
 Americanlove
Msg: 206
Posted: 12/30/2006 8:37:57 PM
Used to love it when my British husband would say
"wot are we having for tea" and then after tea [Dinner}
look at me and say....with lil evil smile...Fancy a shag...
 Westlin
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 4:28:48 PM
French!! I dated a real frenchman (from France, not french canadian) a couple of times--didn't care that much for him, but L-O-V-E-D the accent!
 Champuli Nam Pakanli
Msg: 215
Posted: 4/20/2007 4:54:08 PM
Definitely Irish, Scottish, and Australian here.

I'm part Irish and Scottish, so that explains those two...I don't know about the Australian though - I just love hearing it!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >