Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlygrl
Msg: 116
Is Anyone Seriously Looking 2 Meet & Date On Here...?Page 2 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
[Makes it hard for people to get to know each other based on anything other than physical attraction (or suffer being in violation of the rules). ]

Amen to that IROCKET -
I tell people yes I have met someone here he is great and I have all these mixed
emotions about him and they say - " well you cannot feel anything for someone
until you meet them face to face " yeah okay leatherheart - I think when you are
talking to them they are showing and telling you who they really are - maybe they
cannot express themselves so well thru body language but in speech they thrive -
and maybe I am just the kind of person who can be attracted by the sound of thier
voice and how they express themselves to me - just a thought -

I can say that if I were blind I would have to rely on that sense so
I see this as no different - I cannot see them - but I am falling for them - JMO-
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 126
Is Anyone Seriously Looking 2 Meet & Date On Here...?
Posted: 2/28/2007 2:41:50 PM
Hi MR.
I have met a number of ladies from this site. I have gone out to dinner with a number of them, and have seen a few several times. I am in no position and have no desire to get into any kind of serious relationship, so I have not sought those who are looking for that kind of committment. Perhaps if I had, the percentage of people with whom I am compatible might increase.

Some ladies have been good friends, others were not at all the kind of person I wanted to meet. But I do find that there are a number of folks who do want to date. Maybe it's all a matter of expectations. Since I have had none, I am willing to go out to dinner with people I might not ordinarily be interested in dating. I have been pleasantly surprised with a couple of these ladies, and the others, well, as I said, I had no expectations! I have been told that I might have more success trying to meet people in a church (LOL) because I am not interested in smokers or people who need to drink to have a good time. I also find that a date and I must be compatible intellectually for it to be enjoyable.

Yes, I do believe there is an active dating community here. Perhaps it is only one or two percent of the people who are in the area, but in my case, that one or two percent have turned out to be wonderful people with whom I enjoy spending time when it's possible.

I hope you find your one or two percent as well. Don't give up - you'll find someone who is compatible if it's meant to be.
 iRocket
Msg: 128
Posted: 3/1/2007 4:24:55 PM
I seriously advise everyone against using "MySpace" (not t be confused with windows live spaces) for the following reasons:
1) Infested with Spam,
2) Infected with banner viruses (most recent one caused 1,000,000 computer infections)
3) Infested with pedophiles and under the age of 18 account users
4) Numerous known security holes (which leads to hacked accounts) and the least secure web service.
5) The only free profile hosting service that links to every other service available on the net (leeching) for filling up your profiles with flashy bells and whistles. This is the #1 source/cause for wasted bandwidth, bandwidth abuse, slowing the world internet traffic and a primary transmission venue for viri.
6) The majority of celebs and well known famous peoples' accounts are faked and these celebs know nothing about their identity being used on myspace.

The list goes on..please think twice before using myspace.
 stillalicious
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/2/2007 8:16:15 PM
Personally, I think by attending the parties and get togethers, you have a much better chance of meeting someone. By meeting at a party, there is less pressure and you can see if there is an initial attraction right away.

I have just the party for it too!

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingposts6711546.aspx
 ponygrl™
Msg: 132
Posted: 3/3/2007 8:48:07 PM
what some people should do more often after talking in email, they say to meet up in a public place. well, we're having a party (see the green link), it's a public place, you're around other friends here from the site and even though the music is country....it's more relaxing then a regular dance club or listening to a rock band at a bar.

now, people wondered why country music.....like i said, it's more relaxing. it's also fun as well and even funnier to watch me try to dance. anyway, i'm also hoping that someone i know and have spoken with numerous times shows up.....i hope he knows who he is....i'm not going to give any clues.

but yes, i am looking to date as friends first and take things from there.
 funkyitalian54
Msg: 133
Does This Seem More Of A Friend Site, Then A Dating Site 2 U...?
Posted: 3/3/2007 9:37:28 PM
WELL I SEE THAT YOU WERE LIEING TO ME AFTER ALL HUH I THINK ALL YOU LADYS LIE I ASK YOU 2TIMES TO MEET YOU KEEP TELLING ME YOUT BEEN DATING A GUY ALL READY SO SEE WHY DONT YOU JUST TELL ME THAT YOU DIDNT WANT TO THATS ALL DONT LIE TO ME I JUST SAW YOU ON HERE TALK ING YOUR DATE SHIT LOL DAM LADYS LIE LIE LIE I WOULD GO OUT WITH YOU MARRED OR NOT BUT YOU DONT WANT TO MET ME SO GO WAIT FOR RIGHT GOOD LOOKING RICH GUY. I BET I WILL XSSEE MORE OF LIES LADYS IN HERE.LOL YEAP YOU GOT A GUY ALL RIGHT YOPUR STILL LOOKING HONEY KEEP ON LOOKING YOU MAYBE 60 BY THEN .. ME FUNKY ITALIAN BRIDGEPORT PA GUY
 ponygrl™
Msg: 134
Posted: 3/4/2007 6:08:30 PM
i'm sorry, mr italian was rather upset since as you can see he had his heart broken. after speaking with him privately he does understand how both men and women are played upon. he said that he's sorry for posting what he had done but it was out of pain and anger. he is now beginning to realize that with any relationship everyone has to start out as friends first. he is 1 man among many men and women who had their feelings hurt and heart broken and is the 1st person that i've seen lash out irrationally. like i said, he's sorry for posting what he has done and asked that everyone please forgive him for doing so.

there are also success stories that show that within this site or any site relationships start out as friends then dating and in some known cases engagement and marriage.

is this a dating site? yes it is but you must realize that prior to dating of any kind there must be friendship as well that's why a lot of people feel as if this is a friend site.

good luck to everyone and happy
 iRocket
Msg: 141
Posted: 3/5/2007 6:00:23 PM
Match_dating

Anyway I may hang in here just to taste the water.....Just thought to put my 2 cents input on this.....

we dont drink your toilet water, so don't drink our pool water :P <----twisted humor...go with it......oh go on..laugh a little...::
 iRocket
Msg: 144
Posted: 3/13/2007 3:28:22 PM
Yes Rose lol, but I had to twist it a bit to make it fit match-finding's comment;) When twisted just right...it looks straight....(coming from a twisted person) :D
(message this short may not be posted LOL)
(message this short may not be posted LOL)(one more time)
(message this short may not be posted LOL)(third time's a charm)
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2007 9:54:45 AM
Meet and date? Nope. I'm just here for sex. LOTS of it.

Actually, I really like using these kinds of sites to make friends. I've always just done the "jump in feet first and see what happens" approach, and that has had disastrous results. So I'd rather meet a guy that I can be great friends with first, and if more happens, great. But if not, at least I've made another good friend.
 gem4gent
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/26/2007 2:09:15 PM
yea it makes me wonder i have made some great friends on the site but no true loves i don't think i will just having fun with the site .
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2007 2:40:02 PM

Another batchelor party!!!! Woohoo!!!!! Where's those male strippers! I got money this week! I need to give 'em my dollars while I can!

Artsy, what is it with you and the male strippers? Honestly, I think you should just start your own male exotic dancer revue. I know I'd be up for it!
 KAT4EVR
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2007 3:18:13 PM
Bowling Pat and Artsy,
I have been trying this site for over a year now, I am so discouraged. I ride a bike, too, and I have had several men, in phone conversations, say, I don't like bikes, do you have to ride one? the answer is YES, I have to ride one. I love to ride. So , needless to say, they were history. Or I get the men who just want to talk on the phone and not meet, makes me wonder what they are doing on their end of the phone line, if you know what i mean.
I have also tried the pay ones, but, same thing. They want my 19 year old daughter and not me, the fun , homeowner and the one who makes the good money.
I really think too that men should admit when they are heavy, fat, obese or what ever, and not say a few extra pounds. When I met them , I was embarrassed about it. I work hard to stay in shape and they say a little over weight, Ugh.
(NW Pa. corner is my stomping grounds) Going to Springfield, Mo for a ride in in July. )
 shorty561
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2007 5:39:59 PM
Laurie and Gary ......so happy for you both....... I am hoping someday I meet my special man and bring happiness to my life.......like you said..........hopefully it will hit me in the face when im not expecting it........good luck and hope you both find happiness for the rest of your lifes with your extended family..... vicki aka shorty
 Dreamer1400
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/27/2007 5:59:48 AM
If I could find a woman who I am remotely attracted to on here and who loives fairlt closy by I would love to meet.
 vixenpgh
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2007 11:11:10 AM
stupidloser: Maybe you've been meeting the wrong women from online.

I mean where else are you supposed to meet people these days? I'm 37 & have never been married so finding someone in school is way out of the question. Dating a guy from work is also out of the question (been there, done that! ended horrible) Bars are never a good place to meet someone. I've always heard a grocery store but I have never met anyone that way and I have never been fixed up by any of my friends. Online seems to be the only way to meet people. I am honest & sincere & hope I do meet someone nice to share my life with.
 vixenpgh
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2007 1:55:29 PM
Prior to online dating, most people met at bars I suppose.

stupidloser: Where do YOU think you should meet people?
 iRocket
Msg: 174
it is what it is, the relationship junkyard.
Posted: 3/28/2007 1:00:13 PM
LOL SL, your posts have been quite entertaining. The very fact that people think what they want to think, and then make it a fact in their mind is hilarious. Your nickname is a good example. I don't think I saw you explain what your nickname is about, but I find it fascinating that someone hasn't thought about the fact that it could be a patronizing representation of what someone called you because they misunderstood you, or were insecure in your presence. Who knows. Maybe you are caling yourself a stupid loser because you honestly believe you are one. Doesn't matter, only you know, and everyone else will just assume.

Although I don't agree with everything you have posted, the majority of it makes sense and you seem fairly enlightened. I especially liked the "relationship junkyard, as most of the dating sites are games of "king of the emotional scrap heap in the relationship junkyard".

I guess I have been around the internet too long now ( I started geeking the net in 1985 while I was in the military) and dating sites as well as chat rooms are just far too comical to be anything else. The propensity for repeat human behavior associated directly to these sites is overwhelming. I for one enjoy your humor and the 10% more gooey center. LOL

Its amazing that the spin Dr is all but lynched on these sites. How dare anyone have an opposing point of view or a different take on things. All I see is "you must conform or you will be relegated to being an outsider" type of mentality on these sites. Wait, that's America. What was I thinking?

Hell, I dont think anyone noticed you changed the topic or even how you did it. LOL
 renier
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2007 9:43:01 PM
Well,I`m really serious I made same friends as well but seems the net is not a safe place to contact real people I read so many lies but I`m still on trying to find the other half we will see Good luck Renier.
 Happy Date
Msg: 193
Posted: 3/30/2007 1:38:05 PM
Hi Mysticalrose, you said excactly what i think on all the sites i am on.......every body wants,or acts like they want to meet.....but nobody really does???? I Don't get it at all??
not fair to the ones who are seriously looking for someone ,and to go out dating!!
maybe we are the only two on this site seriously looking? lol
jkust had to tell you .....hit the nail right on the Head Happydate
 iRocket
Msg: 211
Posted: 4/1/2007 2:23:45 PM
Kmiller - I don't subscribe to cliche's or sayings like "Good things come to those who wait" because that is reinforcing laziness to me. However, in contrast, good things come to those who put forth effrot, who try hard, (even if they fail) and those who make every effort to go out and DO something.

For those that posted comments about this being a better way to meet people than going to bars, nightclubs, etc., everyone has their opinion. But many people have met their match in bars, and nightclubs, way before the net came along. The other places were bowling alleys, church gatherings, parks and recreation sites, museums, Poker Runs, Baseball Games, (all sport games) Festivals, marathons, craft shows, flea markets, Auto shows, I could go on and on...but I think people are just whining and being pessimistic.

If you lack the possitive attitude, that could do serious damage. All these dating sites have a majority of people saying "I am here because I just cant find a good guy/gal" or "I am trying this for the first time because I havent had any luck on the outside". But seriously..if you read that attitude, you hear "I aint gettin what I want offline, so as a last resort I am stooping to online".

To me it makes NO difference what the venue is, be it online or offline, or where the location is. Its about attitude. Possitive attitude makes the difference.

I'll be stopping by once in a while to drop off my 2 cents, but I did find someone through POF and she rocks!! I don't know what I did to deserve her but I will do everything in my power to make her just as happy with me as I am with her.

Good Luck to all Fishers!!
 iRocket
Msg: 220
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:34:38 PM
Optimism - I have no idea who you are, I have never spoken to you, I can't understand your language. I directed all the comments directly to the people I meant them for, and the rest were general comments not directed to anyone as was evidenced by no name preceding them.

iRocket
Msg: 222
Posted: 4/4/2007 3:19:23 PM
my apologies for the mis-association

Messages this short may not be posted
 ponygrl™
Msg: 230
Posted: 4/8/2007 1:43:34 PM
gina....a guy that posted in here is one of the guys that i've been talking to. sure we live quite a distance and i'm well aware of that....hell i live to far from everyone and close enough to no one.....but i've also recently started talking to someone in indiana county. he's a very nice man, comes from a rather large family and the good thing about him is he's not like some other men that would rather prefer a blonde that's real skinny...he said that he would rather be with a brunette (which i am naturally). i'm not skinny (gained some weight since the accident) but i am funny. he told me that he would throw in a few things to see if i would get mad but i just go with the flow and joke around with it as well.

i stopped looking for someone, that's why i went from long term to dating to friends, after all any healthy relationship has to start out as friends...am i right?

crissy, i'm going to see if i'll be able to make it but i can't promise you anything. the end of this month my car inspection is up and i'm not able to afford to get the work done on my son's car so i can drive it and my car isn't worth getting fixed to pass inspection...can't afford that one right now either.

damn i wish this lawsuit would go somewhere real fast. guess i'm going to have to wait until the surgeory is done on my shoulder for the tear in it. once that's done and the lawsuit is settled maybe i'll be able to afford something new as well as pay of my debts, get my trailer rebuilt and maybe even move it out of the park.
 Crystal1277
Msg: 235
Posted: 4/26/2007 9:00:46 AM
I understand, I have many men view my profile, but do not send a reply. I just can't figure out what men are looking for. Help!?! Maybe it's my profile, maybe it's me. LOL, I just don't know. Give me some INSIGHT, please.
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >