Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ponygrlâ„¢
Msg: 238
Does This Seem More Of A Friend Site, Then A Dating Site 2 U...?Page 3 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
hey sarge, thank you for the compliment. have i ever taken the initiative? wow, you mean that all of the emails that i send out all the time isn't taking any initiative? well if someone's too shy to ask then maybe someone should stomp on the person's foot and make them yell. instead of yelling ouch! then the person should yell out the name of the person that he or she is interested in...............wouldn't you think?

if a person's to shy to contact another....have a friend play match maker.
 bodyartist
Msg: 255
Does This Seem More Of A Friend Site, Then A Dating Site 2 U...?
Posted: 9/19/2007 8:05:18 AM
>> How the heck does anyone on here (especially men) plan to meet someone
>> if they don't come out to the planned events?

From a man's point of view, when you contact someone, and they don't even reply, or the mail sits "read" and not even deleted, what's the point?

Not every contact is going to lead to dating/romance, but if you don't reply, and don't interact, then you aren't going to meet anyone. You talk about men not coming or interacting, that's because you are female. The men have the opposite problem.

So, maybe you should find someone (a guy) to plan a meeting/event, and you plan an event, and the two events should be next door to each other (or the same location) and maybe it would balance out by accident.

I'm on a number of sites, and send a lot of messages. I rarely get any replies, even "not interested" and 90% of what I send has nothing to do with meeting or linking up, it has to do with something interesting in their profile.

People are simply flat out rude, self-centered, and unless they are looking for something like sex, they aren't willing to even put up the effort.

I had this problem with dating services in the 90's. I met a few nice girls, we weren't matches, but most never replied to the contacts.

So it works both ways, and is probably simply human nature in the current time.
 Handyman03
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Is Anyone Seriously Looking 2 Meet & Date On Here...?
Posted: 9/30/2007 4:16:07 PM
Well I was wondering the same thing, but you cant meet anyone if know one replies to your email either. So if you don't reply to emails, you might just be losing out on that special someone.
 shorty561
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2007 4:46:37 PM
omg read his profile........lol.....lets be discreet.......hmmmmmmm we dont want wifey finding out.....this is where most men and women decide to not try these sites because of people like him........im still sitting here laughing and disgusted....lol
 shorty561
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2007 5:24:46 AM
Ok I read it again........I had to get my glasses out...lol this is tooo funny
 pittsburghdeb
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 9:36:03 AM
I don't know pg, I've never met her. But I really don't think this is the kind of stuff that should be posted on a public forum about anyone. Besides that, it's definitely off topic...aren't there rules about that on here? I've noticed you bashing her in every post in the PA forums.

On topic...No, I've decided there really aren't a lot of people on here who are seriosly looking to meet and date. Lately, I've just been on here to read the forums.
 shorty561
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 2:11:26 AM
Pat Im so happy for you .......I hope you have a wonderful xmas and Happy New Year. I thought I found the one from another site, but guess Im wrong. Oh well , someday it will happen for me. I dont believe people really want to meet and date on here.......Most are only looking for one thing. Oh Well Life goes on...........Merry Christmas EVERYONE
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:40:12 PM
not for nothing but lately i've been feeling like that guy on "must love dogs" with plenty of first dates. since june '06 i met about 7 guys in person, had dinner with 1, lunch with another, and pretty much hung out with the others, oh and stood up by 1. i made and lost a lot of friends in here (friends of both sexes) and i'm trying it again. with my 2nd chance at life it also offers me a 2nd chance at hoping to find love, to love and be loved again. so far since the beginning of the new year (new year's eve) i was invited to a nye party by another member. he and i met at the 1st pig roast last year and continue to talk as friends only. the other guy that i met in person, he and i met here in my home and just hung out talking. no kissing, no making out, no sex....only met as friends first with hopes that maybe something would be there. he hasn't talked to me as of yet but who knows?

all i can say is that i would love to meet my mr. not-so-right and hope things would work out, atleast dating.....hopefully there's someone out there that would go out on a 2nd date with me, even if it's dinner in my own home.
 daisymoon
Msg: 287
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:30:15 AM
Hilltop Tavern in Fair Hill/Elkton, Maryland has Quizzo every Sunday night.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Is Anyone Seriously Looking To Meet & Date On Here...?
Posted: 4/14/2008 7:17:52 PM
mc, i'm sorry that you had another rough date. i know that when i talk to people on the phone i admit that i gained some weight. i guess i just can't wait until the spring weather or at least warmer weather to start my walks again. why can't some people be honest about themselves with regards to age, weight, and stuff like that so it's not that much of a let down for the member of the opposite sex.

hey, you also may not be quick with the typing but when it came to you playing that game you were quick with the answers and got a lot of them right too.

ok, now i'm running for the door so i don't have to hear anything bad about me
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2008 6:44:24 PM
hmmm, i haven't been kissing frogs much lately, more like talking to rats... eventually i might find someone in here and maybe i won't. i'm not closing my eyes since there might be someone standing right behind me but too shy to say anything.

ummm, road tripping is crossing state lines or other countries, i don't want anyone to get confused with anything else that they shouldn't do.

mc, with how i was talking to you is the same way i talk to everyone, i have nothing to hide. oh, and that's great that your score went up. don't worry about fast fingers in here, it's that trivia game that you have to keep up with the speed. remember, you told me, you get more points by answering the correct answer faster.

btw, welcome back hh, i hope everything is well with everyone.

lincolnmania
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 5:36:18 AM
tried to send you a message country girl but i guess 37 is too young.
i'm bout 30 min away, from your profile we have alot in common
btw you have some good advise on these forums, how i found your profile
let me know if you would like to talk
 VaFishnetstockings4u
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 6:53:19 PM
Am I serious about looking to meet someone on here and date them,
Yes sir I am did not come here to waste my time or anyone elses.
I'm happy to have met the ones that I have and made some pretty cool
friendships.

There is an old saying that my late grandmother always told
me that when I stop looking love will find me when I least expect it. I'm a
firm believer in that nothing comes easy that there is alittle weight all good
things come and happen in due time.

I've enjoyed meeting the ones I've met and value the new friendships but
what I detest the most is the fishy games being played of ones hearts on here
or better yet in the real world.

POF I have to say for it being a free site is far the best , I love the fact of
the events that are schedualed and have just attended my first POF party
last week-end it was so much fun. I had a blast and am going to the one in
May that is schedualed.

But yes I am seriously looking to meet the one for me and the last love of my
life be it here or in my local area I'm seeking real love. How honest is that of an
answer cause I'm very much real and quite sincere.

Now if along the way I meet some wonderful people and form friendships with
them I'm even more blessed ... It's been a joy meeting everyone and reading there
post on forums .

Great topic once again peace & love everyone
for love is what makes the world go round
and lets face it the world
needs a lot more love in it and less hate.

All the best in your quest here on POF
go round ~Brenny

PS: Country.Girl you and LD are the best you two rock
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2008 2:11:03 PM
If a man sees a woman in a bar alone nowadays, he forms negative opinions about her, and he will usually try to pick her up.

that's only 1 person's opinion and not all men think negative about a woman nor do they always try to pick them up.

I am not saying that she shouldn't, but I don't see ANY gals going out alone anymore, for that reason, and for safety's sake.

some women would rather not go out alone and be in the company of a friend or 2, some women might go alone feeling as if they just might want to be left alone.

with regards to the sexual harassment thing getting thinner and thinner, some places it's true. there are too many people, men and women that tend to say "he or she touched me the wrong way" or "he or she propositioned me" or something to that fact. i know when i worked at lowes a few years ago you couldn't even tell a guy or girl that he or she had a nice butt without being fired. i think things have gotten a bit out of hand with that along with other laws as well.

now, getting back on the topic....i would love to meet someone and date him if only given the chance but like i tell everyone it has to be friends first, without that then you're not able to build up on trust, honesty, and respect.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2008 3:59:27 PM
hplss romantic, some people do want to meet in person but some are hesitant with not actually knowing who it is that they're meeting. that's pretty much why a lot of women would rather prefer meeting in the public or at a public place.

with me....the person and i would talk in emails then talk in instant messenger...next would be talking on the phone. i've said this numerous times and i'll say it again. some people get nervous about meeting in person since they don't know them, i tend to trust everyone i meet unless they give me a reason not to trust them. i would get a sense of who they are, what they're about by reading their words written. when we talk on the phone it's to get to hear the voice behind the words written to give me a better sense of who they are. if i don't like what they're saying (talk too much about sex) or make me do all of the talking (i might hear heavy breathing on the phone) then we would never meet in person. when i'm talking to a person on the phone i visualize that i'm talking to them in person since i already seen a pic or pics of them. when meeting in person it's trust.

with regards to what you said...
signed up for this sight to get away from the bar scene and that idea where when a guy walks up to a woman that he is just trying to get in her pants and she tells him to get lost.
geez, i wonder what some guys think about me when i check out their a$$ or even better yet....tell them they have a sweet a$$. to them, they might think that i'm trying to get into their pants....to me, that's a compliment.

i'm looking to meet someone but yet in a way i'm not since apparently no one is willing to accept me with my honesty, being outspoken, and what ever else might be their reasons.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2008 12:59:04 PM
ld, i hope dad had a very happy birthday and sorry to hear about your car problems...welcome back.

now..... let's see...

the numbers can go higher but i'm not even going there....i've been talking to quite a few guys. they mention to me about meeting in person but once i mention to them about talking on the phone first so i can put a voice to their names and pics they tend to shy away and forget all about me. oh well....back to kissing them toads.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 5:54:17 AM
pat, i'm sorry to hear that you got stood up for your birthday, it happens to the best of us and even the worst of us as well. i remember i got stood up for my birthday back in '06. the guy was supposed to be here by 1pm and instead he never called or anything worrying me that he got lost or something. i seen him online in yahoo and contacted him, he gave a terribly poor excuse....he had a 6pk of beer at noon (he was supposed to be on the road before noon), had to take care of a rental property that was being over ran by bugs. when i asked him how much did he have to drink (while talking to him in yahoo) he said that he drank a case of beer. i told him well, happy birthday to me and good bye to you.

things happen where we get stood up, cheated on, lied to, and a lot of other things but never, and i mean never let that slow you down. just pick up your rod again and cast away. better yet, try fly fishing....keep swaying the line (posting and emailing) out to attract the fish then keep the line in the water once you get a few fish hanging around (people interested) then reel your line in once you get a bite....don't reel prematurely on a quick and soft nibble, wait until you feel that line have a tug on it. eventually what i said might even work for me....that is if i find someone close enough or willing to drive since i don't have a car.

hmmm, i'm not a bar person but the local bar in town was sold, remodeled and open for business now. they have a nice dance floor and are looking for a cook. i guess once they start serving food i might meet someone there if they like...but not for me to drink, i wouldn't want to drink and have to walk home....i might bump in to yogi and ask him if he would like to dance
 shorty561
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 8:37:37 PM
WTG Pat..........Dont know whats going on in Oklahoma but good luck to you. I hope you met your knight in shining armour ......You deserve it woman........Asof being stood up....hey his lost not yours.......I am seriously looking to date someone from here...but still when I email someone . they dont email me back.......So for me too.......Their lost not mine......Life goes on
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 9:29:47 PM
pat...wtg sis...you've come a long way baby...we all wish you happiness and a safe trip when you go but until then you're still ours

shorty, i'm still hoping that eventually i'll meet someone....i'm also still waiting for my phone to ring from a special guy that i met in here and been talking in email ever since before i died and after my resurrection...if ya know what i mean. i'm sure that eventually some one is going to reach out and just grab you out of our pond in here, it just takes time. i'm just enjoying my time talking to people in here (forums) and emails...even the ones that don't reply, at least i check out their profiles and email them....reply or not if they don't step up to bat they're not going to find out if they strike out or end up winning the game.

batter up guys, there are some great ladies in here that are well worth getting to know more about them
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:51:14 AM
@hyner....don't be bothered with unanswered emails, just keep posting in the forums (even the open forums) to give people a chance to get to know you more. just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

oh, and btw, i'm still waiting for a special someone to come into my life. seems that after 3 yrs and my ex boyfriend breaking up with his girlfriend he still has an interest in me. ummm, only problem is it's been entirely too long to think about getting back with him. besides, i was abused twice by him (strangled & broken nose) and i sure as hell am not going to be going back in time.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 7:00:39 AM
mlynn, there are some decent guys on this site. you look like a beautiful woman and i don't see why guys aren't just jumping in to talk to you. i have a problem that not many men are interested in taking on with me so i tend to just sit back and read in the forums. oh well, life goes on.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 11:58:54 AM
that's true kel.........

wow, would you believe that i actually got emails from a few new guys that i never talked to before and one guy that i talked to briefly last year? now i know the world's going to come to an end!
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 3:25:41 PM
well, apparently there's someone that's been emailing me then blocking me but yet she calls herself a friend as well as me a friend to her. geez, go figure.

ummm, kel, my best friends (heather and richard from london, ontario) and i have been talking in another site. one of heather's friends (mike) started sending flirts with me in there...he and i have been flirting back and forth and talking on the phone as well. mike is a former member of here, he left a few years ago because of a private issue...heather and richard left a few months ago and they're getting married tomorrow. damn it! i wished i still had a car so i can make it to their wedding.

oh, and thank you...i think you're a friend as well.

(hugs) cg
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 10:27:00 PM
johnny, it works both ways hun, there's a lot of guys that are looking out for one thing only in here too, it's not all women. don't leave the site because you can't find love, stay because you want to give love the chance to find you.
cg
 2ofcup
Msg: 319
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:15:33 AM
"stay because you want to give love the chance to find you"

Nicely put............
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >