Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ofcup
Msg: 319
Is Anyone Seriously Looking 2 Meet & Date On Here...?Page 8 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
"stay because you want to give love the chance to find you"

Nicely put............
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Is Anyone Seriously Looking 2 Meet & Date On Here...?
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:42:33 AM
well 2ofcup, it's only the truth. if you give up on the site because you're not able to find anyone, find love, don't leave because you can't find love.....stay to give love a chance to find you. who knows, a special someone might be watching over each of us but not sure how to approach is.

i used to say....."don't love me because you hate me, hate me because you love me". what i mean is never love someone because you hate them, hate what they say or do.....hate the person for making you love them without actually hating them. do you understand? i can be a bit confusing at times.
 2ofcup
Msg: 321
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:36:54 PM
"hate the person for making you love them without actually hating them"

I miss that feeling......LOL

Ric.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 2:01:24 PM
i haven't heard that in a long time the only problem there is no one makes someone do something that they're not ready to do or want to do.

"i hate myself for loving you".......as joan jett says in her song.

i'm still here, still looking but just chilling out. i met a few people in here in person just that nothing became of anything.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 323
Posted: 1/30/2009 6:50:52 AM
I am seriously looking, but it isn't happening....
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 6:30:29 PM
omg, i haven't been looking completely, just checking out a few profiles and emailing some of the guys that check out my profile and are too shy to contact me. i can't believe today.....3 emails from guys that i never talked to...they made the initial contact. one of the guys is such a character with his joking emails but also seems nice. another guy is also joking around and he also seems nice. i'm hoping to meet someone and see where things go, it gets boring being alone as everyone knows. i dunno.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Is Anyone Seriously Looking To Meet & Date On Here...?
Posted: 3/31/2009 2:55:52 PM
just popping in to see if there is anyone out there that's really looking to date anyone in here......i guess i decided to take a vacation since people email me then vanish into thin air.....i'm looking to meet as friends first and hopefully take things from there.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 11:14:59 AM
hmmm, they say you can never have enough friends so with the route i've been taking i lost count. i would like to come out of hiding and start dating again.....but............i haven't met anyone that would like to see me more than once. i don't know what it is but after someone meets me it seems that they run for even higher elevation....higher than the elevation is here at pocono summit.

now, if there's someone out there that would accept me for me....the bad and the good and not the barbie doll type then let me know. i'm not looking for someone that drinks 3 beers but in reality drinks more than that and tells me only 3 beers. i'm not looking for someone to use me as a punching bag or to scream at me. and i'm not looking for someone that lies, cheats, is disrespectful, and doesn't know what the use of soap and water are for. geez, i lived in the sticks up until about 6 months ago and i even know what they're for.....and it's not to wash the bugs off the windshield...lol.
 Blue Eyes 1947
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 8:50:42 PM
Been on here since 06 and the answer to question is NO & NO

This sums it up:

-------|||------- Put this on your
-------|||------- profile if you
---|||||||||||--- know someone who
-------|||------- died of old age
-------|||------- looking for their
-------|||------- perfect match on
-------|||------- pof dating site
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 336
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:14:31 AM
I don't think so......
 shorty561
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 6:08:48 PM
I am with Blue Eyes on this.........Been here to long.. Havent found no one that is serious on here to meet and date.. So the answer is NO and No
 ralizabeth
Msg: 338
Posted: 5/12/2009 2:28:37 PM
so far ive found that more people are just looking for a hookup :(
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2009 8:01:41 PM
brian, i hope the emails you're sending are more than 6 words. women also don't go for sexual inuendos or anything of the sort.....not right away anyway.

just give it time, you're new to the site...keep posting and allow others to read your thoughts.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:32:10 PM
bri...read the entire profile, think of things to talk about in the email that you have in common with her. don't ask "where you from", if you're not sure of exactly where she's at...ask her...."i'm not sure of where you're exactly at, would you mind telling me?"

@dave....when you're dating, it's not always being pushy with someone calling the other boyfriend or girlfriend and the same in return....it's pretty much a figure of speech. i know that if i introduce someone that i'm dating as my "friend" then that's going to leave things open with other women having the chance to move in on the guy that i'm dating. been there, done that, and the dang girl not only stole my boyfriend (the guy i was dating) but she stole my t-shirt too!
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2009 7:46:07 PM
no, that doesn't make a boyfriend but some people, men or women tend to feel more comfortable calling their s.o. a boyfriend or girlfriend when introducing them to another person or people. you just have to be able to pick up on whether or not the other person is being pushy with the situation. i used to introduce my ex boyfriend to people at work as my boyfriend. some people tend to be old fashioned about couples living together not married.....he introduced me as his fiance to one of the guys at the auto parts house...and that was a month after he and i started dating.

now, back to topic.........i'm looking to meet people and if dating comes out of it then that's fine...if not, we both still found a friend and i like to think that i'm a friend for life.
 shorty561
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 6:49:08 AM
No people are not serious about meeting and dating on here. If you are not a skinnie minnie, barbie doll...they wont look twice..a matter of fact they dont even reply to emails...I wonder why I have been staying off these sites.......Its the real world out there,,,men and women are like this...on a dating site and out there in the real world...hmmmm doesnt anyone want to know the person from the inside out?????????
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 8:21:53 AM
i have to agree to a point with shorty...there are quite a few guys out there and god only knows i've had my fair share to talk to some of them that are only interested in a woman if she's the barbie doll type to wear that little black dress or the woman that looks like a trophy hanging on their arm. there are also a lot of women that want that g.q. looking guy or the guy that's built like a brick sh*t house. there are also men and women out there that demand that their mate has a job and not depending on disability or social security unless their check is the equivalent to a weekly paycheck times 4.5 (around $2,000 a month). doesn't anyone know that some people on disability or social security might also be working part time?

beauty is only skin deep but the beautiful person lies within! think of the song "make an ugly woman your wife". think of it....it's not the outer beauty, the drop dead gorgeous barbie doll type that has all of the outer looks, it's the beautiful woman within. now, i'm not saying that the men and women in here are ugly...it's just that (speaking for myself) we're not all that perfect "10". sure we have to be attracted to our mate but it's not always looks that attract some of us....it's the person's personality, the way they speak and hold conversations, the way they listen and pay attention to things being talked about.

start looking at the inner beauty and forget about the outer beauty...imo.
 Yankee again
Msg: 348
Posted: 6/7/2009 7:07:05 PM
I am............but no luck.......they are all on line
 Linn1244
Msg: 353
Posted: 6/17/2009 5:14:43 AM
I am hoping that i meet someone.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Does This Seem More Of A Friend Site, Then A Dating Site 2 U...?
Posted: 9/15/2009 9:18:10 PM
@eanie....i hope you're having better luck now. sorry to hear about being stood up but it does happen to the best of us. i know it bites having to drive a distance only for a now show, i hope you're not holding that against a lot of guys that aren't that close to you in vicinity.

ok, seems like i might be going into early retirement with the dating scene. been here since 6/06 then on a mini vacation for a few months in '08 and back in again and still here....been talking to "friends" in here but nothing else. oh well...if anyone's interested in talking to me you know where to find me....it's that blue hyper link that's below my pic marked "view profile", read it, scroll to the bottom then click to send a message....don't worry if you don't get a reply right away....i'm in and out of here, fb, and myb. if you can't break my settings then see if one of my friends can contact me for you but make sure i can break your settings.

cheers!
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2009 2:00:45 PM
okay, again with the games. more and more it seems as if when you talk to someone and they tell you that they want to meet then when the time comes they're not there. no phone call, no email, no nothing. as of the 12th of this month i'm only going to be talking to people in here as friends. i'm not going to be looking but if a date should appear then that would be fine but i highly doubt it. i've made quite a few friends in here and they know who they are, co hosted a few pig roasts and met some great people in person....including the other 2 hosts. does this seem more of a "friend site then a dating site?" sure does and don't think anything's going to change!
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 9:57:53 PM
doesn't matter where you're at.....a lot of couples in here tend to meet at the events. i know a few couples that are now married that live in canada and attended meet and greets (events), started dating then married. i also know of a few people here stateside that met at events and have been dating since then. now, i'm not saying to change your preferences all together, just re arrange them slightly, don't be so picky.....keep in mind that all good things come to those who wait.......just don't stop and wait, attend events.

photog, you and i talked a few times before, you may have noticed that i changed what i'm looking for....that's by choice of my own.

happy fishing and happy halloween!
 whytwater
Msg: 359
Posted: 11/5/2009 3:25:20 PM

My impression is that there are quite a few people angry or still hurt from past relationships and aren't in any position to date, but they are trying to do so, regardless.

Turn 'em in to the pof authorities! Lol Markus has a rule, it's upfront when you sign in, that people who are "not fit to date" will be banished, and that decision, and decision-making process, is reserved solely to Markus. Sheeesshh! Wouldn't that be a kick in the ass? Kicked off a dating site as "unfit to date"?!! Lol
My experience in the past year here tends more to support your impression than disprove it. Borrowing a baseball analogy, almost everybody in here is a bench player, so when we do get the Manager's nod, shouldn't we give it the max effort to prove we're good enough to play every day?
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 10:00:15 PM
whytwater, did you understand the comment you quoted? My impression is that there are quite a few people angry or still hurt from past relationships and aren't in any position to date, but they are trying to do so, regardless." it's not that the person is "unfit" to date and there's no need to report them as unfit, they're just trying to fill a void. when a person is not fit to date that means otherwise such as stalking, harassing, or what ever. everyone needs to love and be loved wouldn't you think so? there are a lot of people that some may say are "in no position to date" but keep in mind that everyone is their own person and knows when they're ready to date and so forth.
 whytwater
Msg: 361
Posted: 11/7/2009 6:45:30 AM
Awww, you ignored my emoticons, I think. My post is mostly spoof, and my approach almost always lighthearted.
I'm not so sure POF uses the same "fitness" definition that you do (at least they don't spell that out).
And my reference was to several women I have chatted more or less seriously with who have ultimately explained that they are not "ready" (or at least not ready for me, lol). Not so sure everyone knows the point at which they are- I wasn't, months after a divorce about ten years ago, but I did it anyway (at the insistence of some well-meaning friends).
I certainly believe that we are all free agents, with a divine right to be so.
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >