Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 G.G.
Msg: 81
view profile
History
How come no one wants to get marriedPage 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I think no one wants to get married because of the divorce rate. I mean who wants to try and fail? My grandparents generation married and stayed that way but my parents generation as typically more than one failed marraige and thats the example that we their childeren now have. I'm afraid to be put through the stuff I've seen my parents go through. NO thank you, and children are optional now a days Im not even sure if I want them.
 favod
Msg: 82
view profile
History
How come no one wants to get married
Posted: 12/2/2006 10:53:09 PM
Not everyone is an adulterer (men or women) and not everyone gets divorced due to adultery. My suggestion would be to find things to stay busy and find ways to take care of your child that might (depending on your circumstances) not simultaneously include his biological father. If you decide not to marry again, then I guess there may be some men that you can have a platonic relationship with or to co-habitate with. There are plenty of alternatives and you would have to find out which one makes you happy. Are you done having kids ? If so, you might want to address a permanent resolution regarding getting pregnant. If you want more kids, do you want to be unmarried and pregnant ? Just some questions to ask yourself.
 jspcat
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2007 4:04:08 PM
I think society today looks at marriage differently, as in oh well, if it works, it works, if not you take the easy way out for divorce. It takes two to make a marriage work. I was married for 24 years, and cherised every minute. The love of my life passed away, and I miss that companion ship, sharing, and commitment in a marriage. I really want to marry again, but find it difficult to find anyone that isn't "gun shy"....I don't want to be single forever....You must be out there somewhere...
 H66
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/21/2007 7:48:57 PM
Being married four times it seems like you need the attention.
 RANDYS72
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/23/2007 3:02:04 PM
It's a sign of the times. We are living in really crazy times.
 eb3267
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/23/2007 6:42:05 PM
Hmm thinks....

Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt..
It didn't fit right, tryed to take it back but didn't have the reciept.
I guess I kept the dam thing in my closet too long too..
Bastards wouldn't give me a refund !!

Don't want to do that again ( as of right now) but things can change....
You never know...
 Wreckless1
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/30/2007 2:35:12 AM
Most people change over the years.... (ah huh!!) and when some get comfortable in their daily routine, they are not lookin to change it. Otherwise it would not feel comfortable... ! Some say variety is the spice of life.... well if you can keep your partner interested as well, then you may last longer then your parents did. or are doing.

Society has effected marriages as well..... because of the many different influences, all around.... with just the NET we can fool around without anyone knowing about it... So we think.

Then we cannot forget the new contract deal... the dreaded Pre-Nupe.
From both ends of the spectrum, most have been burnt... and will not let that happen again... so with change we create more changes to ourselves, our loved ones, our friends, co-workers, and our future... Even after all the reasons not to... I still wanna say I DO!!
 Wreckless1
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/30/2007 12:36:12 PM
..............Aye thanks Cap! You will be on the Weddin roster for sure!
 Tinman2009
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/1/2007 12:42:13 AM
There really isn't anything to gain from a marriage that you can't get by living together except for the unrealistic illussion that being "tied" to a person guarantees fidelity and loyalty. It is actually the opposite, there's much more to lose than to gain in a marriage. When people get married they aren't thinking of divorce, the fact is that well over half will get divorced. One of the two, usually the man, ends up with the short end of the stick during a divorce. This is even less of an incentive for a man to get married. You can live together with your partner and enjoy all the benefits of being married without having to sign any papers or having a ceremony. Those people who need a piece of paper as reassurance of the other's loyalty and commitment are just being unrealistic, naive and plain stupid.
 Wreckless1
Msg: 122
Posted: 6/2/2007 8:17:51 PM
it is because of the dog gone pre-nups!
 fra59e
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/8/2007 9:55:40 PM
Maybe one reason fewer people want to get married is that people are being stuck in role models which are obsolete and overdue to be dumped.

Examples:

"Women are nurturers, men are providers."

This is nonsense. Except for breastfeeding there is noting the mother can do for the baby that the father could not do.

Funny how if a woman decides to quit her job and remain home with the child and be supported by her husband she's being "a good mother." But if a man decides to quit his job and remain home with the child and be supported by his wife he's "a shiftless bum."

Then there's child support. Why is it still almost entirely a man thing, even though the law does not require this? And is there any other area in society's lawful extraction of money from people in which there is such almost total absence of accountability? Hasn't anybody heard of "no taxation without representation"? How many mothers receiving child support do you know, who give the ex-husband access to the account books and a say in deciding how she spends the money? Why isn't this standard practice?

And don't even get me started on the "common property" laws governing disposition of property in some States. And the "Lee Marvin decision" is enough to make any man see that even the appearance of marriage, even without legal married status, is dangerous to a man. No surprise if he moves on frequently, keeping circulating, and puts his money into a Beamer or a Harley instead of a marriage.

Conclusion: Men are royally screwed by marriage practices in America, and it's not surprising that so many men say "forget it."
 sddude
Msg: 128
How come no one want's to get married?
Posted: 6/20/2007 11:13:24 AM
I want to get married as quick as possible and have rugrats all over the house but for some reason the women I find all is all about fun only until they have been hurt badly and are a bit bitter by then or they have babies that they cannot support then settling down becomes attractive to them.
 Wreckless1
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/21/2007 2:31:07 PM
Am I part of the 10-40%?
I wanna get married.... to enrich 2 lonely lives... to bring the love I have inside out... to see the smile that gives me hope everyday and night....to share in the life of another that I would give up mine for.....to see her grow and explore that what she is curious about.... to trust in her love that I may be just enough.... to feel the ups and downs with a woman who knows I am there for her...... to experience what I have not in her eyes.

To embrace the adventure of life with the only one I need, want, and desire.
 WildOnOC
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/21/2007 3:08:47 PM
That's a great line. I'm using it from now on and claiming it as my own.
 Wreckless2
Msg: 147
Posted: 11/9/2007 4:58:10 PM
Hmmmmmm, Let me see;
Money, ....mostly not enough
Choosey, .... just not what you want
Immature, ... just too goofy maybe
Sign, ... the charts say you are not the one.
Age, ... my folks will not approve.
Sex, (we cannot leave out that!) ... Sizzzling desires.
Expectations.... usually fits in here!
Job,... something more then 50G's a yr.
Distance, ... I am not driving that far... traffic
Intelligence, ... does know what a cursor is...!
Looks, ...above average, if is an idiot!
Experience, ...know what I like.
Quirks, ... nothing that will embarres me.
Drugs/Alcohol, (includes OTC).... alil to none at all.
Religion, ... knows which is my God.
Vainess, ... is not!
Attitude,... Better listen to me!
...you pick one! ..yeah there are others.... But some do make compromises... if they can we all can right?
 Miss W
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/29/2008 3:24:50 PM

Is there a copy of the home game available?

I want one too, especially if it has a bzzzzzer.
 Miss W
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/29/2008 4:45:17 PM
how about a pager with an extra strong vibrate feature?

Whirly darlin', thank you for thinking about my well being. The vibrate feature on my cell phone packs quite a wallop.

On topic: I've never married because I've watched several of my family members (I wonder if our pickers are a genetic defect) make bad decisions and get married more than twice...the numbers are embarrassing. A couple finally got it right, some wish they never did. I've had chances but can kiss the ground in gratitude that I didn't.

At this point in life, I don't find it necessary, unless I meet someone who I can't live without. I would just like a nice companion where he has his place, and I have mine and we get along on several levels. No paperwork necessary.
 looking4bustygirl
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2008 5:56:36 PM
I think the plan of the elite to break up the family and usher in a new world order is largely to blame. Social Workers are being taught that the family is a disease. CPS is snatching children from their families and putting them in foster homes in growing numbers, our schools are no longer talking about parents and mothers and fathers as its deemed to be hurtful to those kids without two parents.

There is an orchestrated move to kill the family and the institution of marriage is key to breaking down this historical tribal unit that has helped mankind survive and thrive. So with divorce rates sky high and the state stepping in to be the father/big brother figure in our lives who needs a husband or wife right?

[The poster is actually in favor of a strong family unit, but is just telling it like he see's it]
 PurrrrrfectAnna
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/30/2008 9:52:39 PM
IRS tax time reminder:

I believe you usually get a better deal filing single than married if there are two incomes...... Another reason to NOT marry. Easier to separate later, too. Hey, 50% or more of the marriages fail.... Reality.

PA
 looking4bustygirl
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2008 7:53:26 AM
::blinks::

Have you slipped off your meds today?

Conspiracy theory is interesting on the X-files... bit lost in the woods in the real world.

Here's a hint. The republican lead government can't balance the bloody budget, you think they could actually hold a conspiracy together?

--Serenity

This is the problem with talking to ignorant people about real issues. Just because I read and don't rely on the 10 oclock news for a 5 second sound bite and treat that as the end all and be all of the news cycle I get compared to the X-files for stating the fact that social workers have been taught that the family is a disease. I know what eugenics is and how there is a concerted effort to eliminate the family as it competes with the state for control of the lives of individuals.

If you are at all interested in doing some actual thinking take a look at this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qat5Z9GGfBc

Its not a book but if you have some discernment you should be able to follow along.

Oh and the government kept the Manhattan project involving over 10,000 people secret until we dropped a bomb on japan, and the Stealth Bomber built buy thousands of engineers and areospace workers was kept secret until it was unveiled in 1988 after being developed about a decade earlier, so don't tell me the government can't keep a secret and is so inept they can't carry out operations and programs you have not heard about.

Otherwise keep drinking your water enhanced with floride a known neural toxin that does not make your teeth stronger, keep taking your flu shots full of mercury another nerual toxin and telling yourself everything is fine as your eat cloned beef sprayed with a live virus in the meat packing plant to kill the bacteria to keep that same meat from rotting naturally thus increasing its shelf life.
 looking4bustygirl
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2008 12:41:12 PM
It is one thing to keep a design secret, after all what do you know about the next gen Intel processor?

Absolutely nothing I am sure.

How about the design spec and assembly of a Boeing 777?

Again, nothing I am rather certain.

Ok without using google here is what I know, the boeing 777 is the first completely digitally designed commerical aircraft in which all the parts were initally designed and tested via computer using Finite Element Modulation for most of the structural components (I used to design aircraft parts in autocad and Catia for the US Airforce)

And the next gen Intel chips are 45nm which refers the the thinness of the dataflow surfaces.

I know my ish.

And as far as speculation goes, I am speculating that gold will go up, silver will go up and an investment in a gun collection will return handsome dividends right now.

Anyone want to marry me now ;)
Show ALL Forums  > California  >