Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > IMPORTANT --> Spyware - Popups, Homepage Changing      Home login  
Spyware - Popups, Homepage Changing -->
 AUTHOR
 Paul9473
Msg: 193
IMPORTANT --> Spyware - Popups, Homepage ChangingPage 13 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
IE is well known to be the worst browser for security. You should also steer clear of it because of a lack of standards compliance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers#Security_and_vulnerabilities
Safari has also had some fairly major security issues uncovered in the past but got patched up before it was known.
The rule of thumb is that the more mainstream a product is, the more people are going to be working on making viruses for it. On the other hand you want something that is well supported. Anything Linux/BSD unless you are doing something that makes you a target, you will likely never need antivirus protection. Mac is not too bad, but Windows you're going to have to accept that you're going to need to routinely disinfect the thing. Android being a growing market (Yes you can get viruses/adware/spyware on your phone) can be expected to have problems in the future despite its Linux origins; though it is inherently rife with adds anyway.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 194
IMPORTANT --> Spyware - Popups, Homepage Changing
Posted: 3/20/2013 10:47:03 AM
IE 10 seems to have fixed a lot of issues, including conforming to standards. I was using IE 9 for a long time and it had big issues with POF. It often would show empty boxes where there should be an image plus POF would hang up and have to be restarted after being logged on for a while. I installed IE 10 about a week ago and haven't had a single issue with it. The performance is also much better than IE 9, plus text and graphics have a nicer look. You need to have Win 7 as a minimum for IE 10. It won't work on older systems like XP.
 sureicanhelp
Msg: 195
Posted: 4/1/2013 5:12:39 AM
First he means well, but

Spybot was out in an age when well 14 years ago there wasnt much good free stuff.
2, frankly the rest suck and never andI repeat never rust anything Microsoft and that stuff is spyware and sucks even spybot search and destroy will find spyware and malware in windows itself and remove it.
Bitdefender is the best period has been for 14 years straight
yes free online scan and a free version and if u want to buy it it very cheap.
Rated so by outside judges - outside of the usa.

online scan: http://www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online/free.html
Free Download:
http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

Good Luck
 2rich2thin
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2014 11:16:23 AM
The latest is being directed to POF.com/fr which sends me (and others) to the French version. the only way I've been able to get to the local site is to copy and paste and older link or respond to a message sent by a match. frustrating!
 reverseskydiver
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2014 1:43:59 PM
Hi I really need help someone is using my photo on there profile I know this had nothing to do with your post but really need your help to stop this guy
 Peas_
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/26/2015 3:39:38 PM

Hi I really need help someone is using my photo on there profile I know this had nothing to do with your post but really need your help to stop this guy

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts141520.aspx
-bottom of page has CS email under
QUESTIONS / CONCERNS or COMPLAINTS

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8997484.aspx
 Peas_
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/11/2015 10:19:16 PM

The latest is being directed to POF.com/fr which sends me (and others) to the French version. the only way I've been able to get to the local site is to copy and paste and older link or respond to a message sent by a match. frustrating!

Prolly cuz you're using Tor browser, and your IP shows you're in Europe. Derp.
 ElectricFish67
Msg: 200
Posted: 8/16/2015 6:57:32 PM
When they block you (or you get booted off), it sends you to the .fr site.
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 201
Posted: 8/17/2015 12:03:17 PM

When they block you (or you get booted off), it sends you to the .fr site.

You are answering a post from over a year ago (16 months) and the problem disappeared about a year ago. At least I haven’t heard about it for that long. Now I’m not an IT guru like you but I know that is false information. This issue popped up now and then strangely only for users in Connecticut. It looks to possibly be linked to ATT connections/ISP in Connecticut.

Some information in these threads. Note that everyone with this issue is from Connecticut. I have not seen one person reporting this that was from another area. There were some other threads in the past with the same issue with everyone that was reporting the issue being form Connecticut. I cannot find them at the moment though.
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16234859.aspx
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16273074.aspx
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16273290.aspx

And I am not STALKING anyone. Just trying to prevent misinformation from an IT guru from being spread.
 ElectricFish67
Msg: 202
Posted: 8/17/2015 12:04:41 PM
All you had to do was say, "That problem has been corrected." It's not "false information", because I don't have access to (all of) the code so I don't know it's been fixed.

BTW, I like how you tried to block my response. Unfortunately, an IT Guru can get around that. ;o)
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/17/2015 12:24:44 PM
I don’t have a clue what you mean by me trying to block a response. ??? You cannot block a response. I know that. So what is this mystical power you have to stop what you think was some way to block a posting?????

Unless you mean my editing. How the hell is that going to block someone??? I deleted and reposted so as not to loose the links. But I don’t expect a dweeb guru to understand.

But whatever. I will not get into a pissing contest with a dweeb like you. You are not worth the effort. I will not try to fight stupid either because there is no reasoning with stupid. You prove that time and again. Profile after profile.

Someone, I thing it was Bobby Z Man, once posted when he was in a disagreement with a troll and a whiner… The bigger man in a stupid argument is the next to last one to make his point. That now makes me the smaller man, for now.

Good luck with this and all future trolling profiles you open in the future as you keep being deleted. I will continue to correct misinformation and call out bullshit though.

ElectricFish67
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/17/2015 1:44:33 PM
Please remember these forum rules:

10. No profanity or offensive terms in any user created material to this site (profiles, alias, postings, pictures).

13. Do not harass, stalk, or spoof anyone or your account will be deleted and legal action taken if the harassment falls under your local criminal laws. The site will provide all information to the local authorities if asked - fair warning.

14. CIVILITY: No Insults or baiting others into an exchange of insults. Condescension, derision, rudeness will not be tolerated and neither will personal libelous/defamatory characterizations - period. This forum was designed as a place to exchange and promote intelligent conversation, not as your personal medium to entice people into a meaningless exchange of hatred against one another. If this is your intent, then you will lose your privileges to participate.

Now, before you accuse me of "trolling", let me state that nothing I've said (including that to-do with CrookCatcher) hasn't been based on facts. And in his case, I backed up my facts with documentation.

So, now you're the bigger man. ;o)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 205
Posted: 8/18/2015 3:52:09 AM
You've violated every one of those yourself, most in one thread.

You have'nt provided documentation for anything.

Not only that, you're hawking your own site on here...let me help you with that....

ElectricFish67 Msg: 54
Show me one post where I put my URL.

You are a troll.

ElectricFish67 Msg: 54

Good job Otto :)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/18/2015 4:56:30 AM
What was really fresh was post number 45 in the thread you started in the dating forum in July under yet another profile after being banned.

J3LV3HL_WV3JP

"With pof becoming a paid site will you stick around"

Just bookmark it now because the day they make you pay for this forum, you won't be able to come back here and find the link. ;o)

Just getting the facts straight.
 ElectricFish67
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/18/2015 5:03:51 AM
Keep dancing, CC! I love when you're my chew toy. :o)
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/18/2015 9:36:24 AM
CC,
When he issued me that challenge ...
I was going to make the same points. Exactly the same points actually. I was going to throw it back in his face too. Then I thought, why should I do his dirty work and link to the post where he advertised the url. He would probably come along and thank me for linking to it for him. He would then have a recent link posted and be able to claim he did not post it even though he antagonized me into putting up a path to it.

But now that it is out there let me take the opportunity to make some of the other points I would have had I made the post.

In the How likely would you be to join a new dating website? thread after users pointed out the rules violations for the url for his pathetic site he then posted he did not break the rules and he had a law degree that proved he did not break them, or some such dribble to that effect. So that is where he added Law Degree to his list of jobs/qualifications.

Later, in that same thread, he intentionally misquoted a magazine/e-zine article about POF. He stated that the POF site owner said in an interview that all private messages sent on POF were openly displayed on a wall of monitors in the Corp. office. He also indicated that forum moderators were also given access to private messaging. He was challenged on his ludicrous statements. Then the actual quote he intentionally misconstrued to demonize POF was posted by another poster and it was nothing at all what one-uncool-dud posted. In fact, it was that those monitors displayed charts tracking message trending. Charts and graphs are not private messages.

Uncool-dud's profile suddenly disappeared when he was outed for the lies he posted about the article. In that thread and many other threads where he was posting his drep others reveled in his disappearance. I, and many others, assumed he was deleted by POF for the rules violations.

On his little dating forum, he claimed he deleted the profile and was not kicked off. That is also plausible. I could see his wanting to avoid the embarrassment of being caught and outed for the intentionally misleading by misquoting POF management.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/18/2015 10:56:41 AM
His old thread was easy to find with Google.

A search for dating website onekewldood site:forums.plentyoffish.com and the link to the thread he started was number one in the first page of results.

Busted by Google.

A POF Forum Search for his username also shows the link at the top of the list.

His site was started over six months ago and there are only five members. Not a very good job promoting the site. IT guru. Now that's rich.
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/18/2015 11:53:54 AM
In one of his threads under J3LV3HL_WV3JP, The Pay Sites, I posted a link to the How likely would you be to join a new dating website? thread where he posted his new dating site url when someone asked if he was the same guy who tried to start a new dating site.

Later, in a response to his again promoting his site in the With pof becoming a paid site will you stick around thread, I posted information about his claims but intentionally misspelled his Kewl user name since I did not want to create an essay swipe and paste free path to his site. I figured if anyone really wanted to find it, it would be easy enough to google.

He is gone again. I just wonder if he was system deleted or left out of embarrassment.

I have not been to that site for a while now. The last time I was there, I think in July, there were just the five members. The thing that really stuck out for me was the statistic of most on line at one time was listed as three. The date was listed as the day after he started the site. So, in July there had never been more than two people on the site, including him, at one time since the second day of it's appearance? Yep, a whopping success for an IT guru.

If my memory is correct, somewhere he posted that he created one of the most successful baseball card trading sites ever created and sold it for a whopping sum. He also claimed to create some other hugely successful site for a friend or something and that a simple little dating site would be nothing for his skills and experience. I wish I could remember where I saw that so I could put up a link to it. It isn't worth my time to google it right now. Maybe sometime over the weekend when I have a little more time to waist. He might be back and post a link himself by then. Then I can start stocking him again.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/18/2015 12:14:06 PM

He is gone again. I just wonder if he was system deleted or left out of embarrassment.

Neither.
 Peas_
Msg: 213
Posted: 8/18/2015 4:47:52 PM

14. CIVILITY: No Insults or baiting others into an exchange of insults. Condescension, derision, rudeness will not be tolerated and neither will personal libelous/defamatory characterizations - period. This forum was designed as a place to exchange and promote intelligent conversation, not as your personal medium to entice people into a meaningless exchange of hatred against one another. If this is your intent, then you will lose your privileges to participate.

I guess he's a little "bitter" now and had to self delete.
 dru68
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 11:13:44 AM
Pretty sure im in****ted T͈̻̥̩̦͉͖͠o̰̠̪̫ ͡ͅi̶͙͈n̙̯̭͜v̮̳̮̣͖̙͉͡o̧̻̪̻̥k̥̮̲̘͍̩ͅe̘ ̟͎̦̗̤̱͜ͅt͇͍͙̜̭̞͔h̬̥̱̗̹e̻͙̤̩ ̼h͏̬͓i̪̙v̙̣̫̭ͅe-̱̭̤͍̺͇͉ṃi̘̼̝̲̝̖͢n̤̘̹̕d̤̫̲ ̪̱͈̞̜ͅr͚̯̺̞̞e̦̼̫͢p̮̳͙̭͇ͅr̬͉͇̝̰ḛ̟̟̗͉͓͙͟s̸e̸̫̭̫n̩̼̱̟̥̬ͅt̠͎̻̤̕ͅi̢̳n̺͈̩̯͓̯̞g̠̻͈̘̦̜͝ ̜̞̱̝̩̩ͅc͇̗͓̼̣̙̖h̪̲͇̩̥a͍̗͉̣̻o̢̥͙s̵̰̬.͘
̷I̩̯̼n҉̤͍̞̜̙̭̙ṿ̠̣͔̳o̱̠̱͘ͅk̘̻͕̲i̗̹̣͓n̵͖̼̦̪̪g̤̠͕̫̙͠ ͖̩̜͎̗̻̯t̩̰̘̞͈̰h͚̀e͎̖̫̯͕̲ ͉̞̥̣͟ͅf̶͈͍͙e̙el̗̪i̷n̼̰̥g͎ o͘f̼̦ ͖̥̦͔̤͙̟ć̳h̹͡a̱̙̟͘o̦̠̻̳͇̝͜ͅs͖.͖͕͇̬̲̰
W̤it͚͚̫̺̕h̞̝̖ ͇̱̥͉̫͖̭o̫̮͠u̙̮̘̱͎̦t̪̠͈̠̙́ ̩̟̬̺̻o̬̫̘̫̫͓r̞̹̪̤͙͠d̥͇͓͙̖̫̩e͎̖͓̖͚̱r͙̯͎͘.̼͍̹͕ͅ
̼̲̙͍̖T̫̜̠h͎̳e̴̩͍ ̪̲̥̯̪͈͞ͅN͖ę͉̤ź̟̫̹̯p̶̱̘e͉̝̹̦̟̩͡r̼̤̦̳̰͍dḭ̝̳̠̀ͅa̩̦n̨͉̟ ̫̞̗͜hì̘̭̥͇͔v̠̬͓e̛̳-̼̲͢m̫̻̬̬̠͔̲i̳̻̳̮̼n͓̲͍͎̲̙͍d̘̳̖̗ ̞͔o͢ͅf͓̀ ̖̳̰͎͈c̖h̴̳̤͈a̢o̮s͖̤͓̙̻̬͟.͏ ̰̮̱͓Z̳̭̞̼̗a̩l̟go̻͟.
͈̞͎Ḥe̻͖ ̨̰̰w̳̻̦̦ḥ̩͍̣̬͘o̶͇̟ ̛͇W̟̹̠̖͎͙̪a̪̪͉͈͔͕̤i͢t̫̙s͘ ̧͙̬̦͙Ḇe̱̳h͎͍̠̺i̢͚̺͖̟͔̺n̳̠̤͔̯̥d ͉̭͟T̜̞͍̝ẖ̹͖e̝̘̙̹̩̣ ̼̳̻͖̺̳ͅWa̵̠l͖̬̻͞l̸͙̳͇͚̯.̧̩̹̼̬͔
̫̼̬̹͘ͅZ̢̭̼̮̣͎̮ͅA͎̲̼͔̼̥̺͢L̳̖̯̭̥͈͘ͅG̵͕O̷̻̖!̥ͅ
 dru68
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 11:15:20 AM
yup totally in****ted hahahaha ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็
 dru68
Msg: 216
view profile
History
IMPORTANT --> Spyware - Popups, Homepage Changing, etc
Posted: 3/27/2017 11:21:04 AM
𝕿𝕳𝕰 𝕰𝕸𝕻𝕰𝕽𝕺𝕽 𝕻𝕽𝕺𝕿𝕰𝕮𝕿𝕾
B R A V O
R V
A A
V R
O V A R B

𝕿𝕳𝕰 𝕰𝕸𝕻𝕰𝕽𝕺𝕽 𝕻𝕽𝕺𝕿𝕰𝕮𝕿𝕾
 actif64
Msg: 217
Posted: 6/5/2017 3:19:39 PM
why does since 2 weeks ago the system always ask me to log in every time i want to see or open a contact file or wrintin a message. It alwas ask me to re-log in...
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > IMPORTANT --> Spyware - Popups, Homepage Changing