Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 armyguy35
Msg: 7
Why do people say below the belt things when breaking up.Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
dude I know how you feel...the more good qualities a man has...the less dates he gets
 armyguy35
Msg: 10
Why do people say below the belt things when breaking up.
Posted: 10/24/2006 12:50:27 AM
Im sure guys do this too...but Ive noticed it has alot to do with****ness(a very unattractive trait)..and when they think theyve found somethin better...the charade of being nice to you, suddenlt gooes away..and they could care less about what they say to you cause they think it'll never come back to them hope this made sense...I couldnt really think of a better way to say it
 armyguy35
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/24/2006 8:59:37 AM
Phoebe...it says I cant message you...but theres nothing on your profile that says why HMMMm
 G.G.
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2006 5:03:56 PM
I think it is easier for people to be mad than to be hurt. I also think when breaking up if you try and be nice about it the person thinks your not serious. I was breaking up with a guy when I was a lot younger because he was a lot older and he got down on his knees and begged me not to. I should have been mean lol.
 Superfighter
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/24/2006 5:55:59 PM
Depends on the reasons why you broke up. Who broke up with who? What you have done to each other? etc...

People get mean and ugly for a reason even if it is a misguided reason. Mostly because of hurt and pain...or someone trying to break you up...
 studplayrico
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2006 5:48:36 AM
Very easy to hurt someone when they are hurting too.
 ManCrap
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/3/2006 1:06:50 PM
Why NOt? You are hurt! if you "loved" with all your heart then you would be torn apart and that would just come out! Right?
 davedave951
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/8/2006 7:55:10 PM
Can you spell bitter ? How about immature ?

A person who is NOT bitter and IS mature will NOT say mean things to someone when breaking up. Its that simple !!!
 Wreckless1
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/3/2007 7:48:12 PM
Well, when you are living in a dream world that you see, feel, and believe is as secure as Fort Knox........ You for the most part, are happy for all intense purposes.

Then you hear those words, that pierce through every defense you thought you had to protect yourself from everyone except for the one that says "I do not love you anymore, or I am seeing someone else, or I want to move on with my life, or I want more from life, or I don't think it is working for us. or you don't turn me on like before, or I think we are just too different.... etc.. you know the words...

What we first react to ...is not the words we hear, but the feeling we feel, because of the thoughts we are thinkin of. ...Loss, betrayal, hurt, used, trash, pain, panic, memories no more, security, alone, void, starting over, etc, etc,

We want to lash out at the only one who, we think has created all this pain. and yet, we have only had our dream bubble, balloon, or hopes, bursted by a few words from our life, who we have put our hopes upon. We in asense revert back to our childhood, and react in our most basic emotions...to retaliate upon those who have hurt us. As we are stronger than a 1 year old who can only cry...
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/2/2007 10:45:51 PM
I think the person who gets hurts the most is the person beng left, they still had hope.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >