Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JADENSTAR
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Why Do Women Do Stupid Things During Breakups???Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
BEING IN LOVE CAN MAKE A PERSON DO IRRATIONAL THINGS, THINGS THEY WOULD NEVER THINK THEY WOULD DO, ITS THE HURT THAT TAKES A PERSON TO THIS LEVEL,, MAYBE YOU HAVE NEVER FELT THIS KIND OF LOVE OR HURT...........
 Babe2003
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Why Do Women Do Stupid Things During Breakups???
Posted: 1/6/2007 2:26:52 PM
This is to Pink Wine Cats---You go girl!!!!!!!!!
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/6/2007 3:47:12 PM
You're asking why women do stupid things during breakups? It's usually a result of them being an emotional wreck at the time. They're decision to break up could be because they're angry, which causes most people to make irrational decisions. Most times cooler heads will prevail after a cooling off period. Even men do stupid things during breakups.
 Sekhet
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2007 11:20:52 AM
To PinkWineCats Msg.13
I totally agree with you, even though I'm only 33. I think it should read over 30 I think I'll send this to all my mature 30ish friends We can so relate. Thanks.
 Mortavius
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/26/2007 6:50:37 PM
If she was going to go ape, and nothing were to prevent it (lets say she had issues with you sticking it in the neighbor).... would you rather she trash your house, or "Bobbit-ize" you?

The man in the video, and all other men that have had their houses trashed should count their blessings, and accept the price paid for being a complete heel and double dipping.... because, the price can always... ALWAYS be worse.

Your house and the shit in it can be replaced, at least.

What some men ,that do this, fail to understand is that there are changes in brain chemistry. There are behaviors wired in.... and if they get triggered, you are shit up a creek... and all of your "suck it up and leave" isn't going to save you.

Men AND women have been KILLED by this.

So, perhaps, you should be a little more understanding..... educate yourself a little more... and be a little more HONEST, instead of saying things like "there's the door".... because, if you're one of the guys that likes to screw other women, and you go through them as often as you go through condoms.... there's always gonna be one that will have that circuitry just a little faulty, and if that day comes, you'll be THANKFUL it was only your house.

Justified or not, shit happens when you screw with people's hearts.
Posted: 2/2/2007 7:41:56 AM

hey were very expensive items that she probably didn't pay for

Now that's a very presumptuous remark. Many of us have spoiled men with expensive gifts, made homes for them and in some instances, took care of them. Or is that too easy to not think about?

I agree with many that women are not the only ones who can get "psycho" during a break up. The newspapers are filled with the fatal attraction misadventures of both men AND women.

Cheerio!
 jackie16
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/2/2007 9:18:15 AM
My ex slashed my tires and keyed my car after I broke up with him. He called me 20 times in an hour and would sit outside my house in his car so I couldn't leave. This lasted for months until I finally called the police. He was actually pretty normal when we were together, but love can make a person crazy.

I had him arrested, we went to court and and he now has a record. Was it worth it...i doubt it. All I felt was pity for him. Physco behaviour will get you no where!!!
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/19/2007 12:29:47 AM
Wow Pink Wine Cats... what a great post... love the 40ish woman for all of those reasons... prefer the company of women, not girls.

They only thing that worries me is that you appear to come from a place called Bossier City... knew there must have been a place nagging wives came from! (just kidding),....
 IWANNABEURSEXYLUV
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:19:33 PM
I don't know bout other women but I handle ne n all break-ups by jus keepin on lovin the guy-it is really the best way to handle situations-jus keep lovin!
 betterlate
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:32:42 PM
WOW!!! So men dont act crazy??? They dont park outside a womans house, call sixty times a day, send hundreds of abusive emails, key cars??? Punch walls? Throw stuff? and yes even punch and beat the person that not that long ago they loved? They dont kill wives, girlfriends, dates because they "think" they were cheating??

What a idiot blanket statement... better realize that there are violent rage based people all over this planet.. heck, I think a few of them are in the oval office now...
It is not all black and white. so you may want to rethink this question..

It is like the question,, why do old, stupic, fat, bald men like twenty year old girls?? well all men are not old, fat, bald, or stupid and they are all not all looking for a twinkie... so come on... grow up,, act your age, move on and dont get your tidy whities in a twist because you dont know how stop generalizing with "all women"..

okie dokie?

BL
 betterlate
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:51:31 PM
Hmmm OJ? Scott Peterson? and thousands of other men kill after or before divorce.. and I wonder what Lacy did??? NOTHING..

That woman handed the stupid tv to the liar, cheater and only hurt a laptop and threw the clothes on the street... I think it could have been alot worse... some people just shoot, stab or poison the other person, sometimes just for money...

that sucks.
bl
 Honesty is hardly ever
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:45:33 AM
AwD4ever
Kid, I gotta tell ya...If they were married she had every right to do anything she wanted to his stuff. It's half hers anyway... What gives "HER" the right?...What gives him the right?!... I gotta give you a little leeway because of your age but I was more responsible of my commitments when I was in High School.
 aliveone1
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 6:36:33 PM
Although I don't entirely understand this response, I think that it might actually be healthier response than the one I usually have. For instance, when my live-in fiance' broke it off with me (years ago)...he gave no explanation what-so-ever. My reaction? I helped him pack and actually helped him carry a couch up three flights of stairs to his new apartment! In retrospect, I kind of wish I DID burn all of his shit in the yard! LOL Ahhh...sweet closure!
 barbee1970
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/24/2009 5:22:49 PM
Maybe he'll think twice before cheating. Why shouldn't she be angry that he ran off with another woman. Yes, Lorena Bobbitt was genius! I always thought men who want to use there penis like a weapon deserve to lose it. All these pedophiles ought to be next!
 Nicegirl2021
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/21/2009 5:55:27 PM
I think the hurt/destructive part comes from deceit if you want to play around be single don't lie and sneak around. Been on both sides its never good better just to be honest.
 THE full monty
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/21/2009 6:00:31 PM
I THINK MEN AND WOMEN BOTH DO STUPID THINGS !!!! BUT , I PERSONALLY BELIEVE IN JUST WALKING AWAY AFTER A BREAK UP.......WHY LET HER SEE YOU GET MAD ............JUST WALK AWAY AND BE HAPPY .......AFTER ALL THIS IS PLENTY OF FISH...... ......
 DragonBits
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/28/2013 3:02:17 PM
Old thread.

But overall I did the more stupid things in a break up than my partner did, even though I suggested or caused the breakup. I doubt women are anymore likely than men to do stupid things, it all depends on personality.

I hope I am more likely now to just walk away. But until put to the test, it's hard to know. I haven't gotten that emotionally invested in a breakup for 25 years.
 mjinict
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2013 3:07:47 PM
^^^I know what you mean DBs. I can't imagine getting all torn up about a breakup the way I did years ago. I remember spraypainting nasty names on the siding of an x's house after I found out about an infidelity, (hey, the can was sitting right there on the railing!) Then there was the time I kicked in a car door on a guy's nice Camaro. Ohh, the good old days...Not!
 DragonBits
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/29/2013 4:25:10 AM

From throwing a box load of tampons down a guy's gas tank on his vehicle, to putting sand/sugar on his 4 wheeler/snowmobile to cutting up his clothing. How about burning up his shoes in the hot tub and burning the whole house down? Personally I have never understood this type of behavior, but our society seems to except it...

Society doesn't except it, there are laws against it, and arson is a felony.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/29/2013 6:35:14 AM
I've only had one break up that I remember as awful.
(other than my divorce, but that went as well as can
be expected for a divorce)
My first boyfriend after my ex, he lied, lead me on,
lied some more, broke up with me, wanted me back,
I went, he lied some more, broke up with me, dumped
me at the airport without saying goodbye, then sent
emails and posted crap on facebook about me. I never
understood it, tried to figure out what I did wrong, how
things good have been different, blah blah blah.

Tried to get over it...he wouldn't let go. I finally said to
him "I hope you have a long miserable life and that you
die alone." He called me two years later asking me to
"reverse the curse". I just hung up.

I know I'll never cry over a guy that breaks up with me
ever again.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/29/2013 6:56:17 PM
just imagine doing stupid things is far far better than her going psycho and doing drastic horrific things!
 gtomustang
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/1/2013 7:33:22 PM
we react the most, to those things that we feel define us the most. Any time I make a statement, and someone has to defend it to the death, I know I have mentioned something they feel reflects them and identifies them.

Its the reason we defend our children so strongly--they literally represent our identity, genetically and otherwise.

so, if a person centers their identity in what type of partner they can attract, losing that partner reflects negatively (in their eyes) on who they are as a human being. The fact they can easily be walked away from, isn't seen as a reflection of the person walking away, but the person being walked away from.

hence, the powerful, strong reaction. its personal to them, so they act in a personal fashion.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/3/2013 8:31:17 AM
We are all known of doing stupid things when in teens ,in younger age . back then it was not stupid but today it is. How else are we going to learn from this life . I may still be doing some stupid things today which I am sure I will realize it when I get more older !!
 Casper66
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2013 4:52:30 AM

I thought a stupid thing during a breakup was crying about him while eating a pint of Ice Cream, or going & painting your fingernails black, LOL.

Apparently, I was mistaken.

So did I lol. I've never felt the need to break stuff just because we broke up, but I did have an ex become a stalker for about year after we broke up and yes he was bat sh*t crazy, so no it isn't just women behaving badly, some people just let their emotions get out of control and act out without thinking about the consequences.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >