Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > New Brunswick  > Read/Deleted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 freddybeach27
Msg: 51
Read/DeletedPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
It is polite to reply to someone who puts effort into their messages. I have seen a few times, messages that simply say "U R HOT". To me that is the least amount of effort someone can put into a message, infact they couldnt be bothered to spell out the entire words. Does this deserve a response?

Should I spend a few minutes thanking them for their email and explaining that unfortunately they lack the social skills I require in a mate? Most would agree, probably not, as its similar to a guy coming up to a woman and being very abrupt and distasteful. At that point she would be encouraged to simply walk away.

So I guess in sumation, it is up to each individual to make that call. But certainly not every email is going to get a response from me.
 Neysha61
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Read/Deleted
Posted: 12/17/2006 9:53:31 AM
One of the many difference between the NET and Real Life is that here you can list your interestes and if you drink, smoke, what you like to do or not do etc. As do fake pictures or no pictures or old pictures and so on and so forth.
Snap judgements run rampant.
In real life it takes quite awhile to really get to know a person. And the older I get, personally, the less I really want to know!

If any of you have taken the time to peruse my profile one of my interests listed is seeing how many people I can to BLOCK me in one day!

And the real matter of the fact is that I have a rather unique sense of humor, and most don't get it ... so like I say in my profile don't be offended, be off with ye!
 Jordannne
Msg: 53
Read/Deleted
Posted: 2/5/2007 8:31:18 PM
I'm terrible with emails... however, I do try to send a quick hello to anyone who takes the time to send me a note. I must say that when I do take the initiative to write someone, a few of the guys that I've written have read/deleted my email as well - didn't find it very nice at all... for the record, I usually send something short, but nice... don't wanna send a novel first time around... LOL!

Regardless, I'm not going to lose any sleep if they delete my email... life always goes on!
 Dj Asid Rayne
Msg: 54
Read/Deleted
Posted: 4/1/2007 1:16:57 AM
You know I do somethind quick and easy. I have a windows note pad open with a couple of quick responses handy that I can copy and paste. Like " Thank for your interest I'd love to chat" or something like that. I don't get an overwhelming amout of emails but I can see where some of the super attractive people might. In that situation it would get a little overwhelming to respond to everyone. So try the note pad copy and paste trick. Atleast your being polite and still not wasting your time.
Just an idea that works for me.
I think it's really important to respond to everyone because lets face it some of us get enough rejection in the real world.
Best of luck to everyone and happy fishing.
 flylonelyangel
Msg: 55
Read/Deleted
Posted: 4/1/2007 6:56:52 AM
yeah i see that sometimes too! oh well i say.
 Mike324
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Read/Deleted
Posted: 4/20/2009 2:47:07 PM
Should I spend a few minutes thanking them for their email and explaining that unfortunately they lack the social skills I require in a mate?

Nah. Just create a template saying that and copy and paste it to many people who initiate contact with 3-5 words. They spent all of 3 seconds sending you that email so you shall do the same. lol
 UndomesticGodess
Msg: 57
Read/Deleted
Posted: 4/23/2009 7:52:48 AM
How about Read but NOT deleted...This has happened to me twice this week. Someone contacts ME, I write back then absolutely NOTHING. If someone has the courage to make first contact, why back off from being truthful after they apparantly change their mind. I don't think I will ever understand the workings of the male mind.
 WithxAbandon
Msg: 58
Read/Deleted
Posted: 4/23/2009 8:56:43 AM
And they think WE'RE the complicated ones!
 cowgirl_loves_heels
Msg: 59
Read/Deleted
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:36:16 AM
Read/Deleted is a big piss off to me cause than a week later you'll get an email back! it sould be read and reply. lol like come on
 shortanddark
Msg: 60
Read/Deleted
Posted: 5/17/2009 12:50:51 PM
lmao...that is the most GODDAMN FUNNIEST THING I read today!!

Why would I want to get an email that says "Sorry, not interested", which means "Sorry, you ugly bast***, you is one ugly dog faced critter.

You made my day....although, on a sobering note, is that why people read/delete me? LOL Well, that was a short-lived happy moment!
 Quiteguy76
Msg: 61
Read/Deleted
Posted: 5/18/2009 9:40:07 AM
I thin that read delete is the cowards way out, yes I will be honest as I have been guilty of it a couple times. but for sexual emails yes I do.

I just think it is funny, if you where face to face with me( is what I think) you would be having a great conversation and laughing. However on here. they have no Idea, I am not a net person at all, I cannot type my emotions and by this it makes it very hard to get ahead. etc etc , but I dont worry to much I reply with a comment. and of course no matter what, it is there loss not mine.

for some reason I keep thinking hmmm she will be worried about being treated as a trophy and have an affair with time., just because he was cute...muhahahahaha ok it made sense to me. lol
 LadyGodiva
Msg: 62
Read/Deleted
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:06:33 AM
I Admit that I'm guilty of read/delete.
If you have no substance in the e-mail(yeah i WANT to see more then just hi, how are you?) or if its a cut and paste (yeah, i don't want to read your whole life story in one shot because what is there to talk about later on?) and/or (yeah im going to sound a bit shallow here) if your over 35-37 at the most and your e-mailing me because you want to "get to know me better" sorry, i don't "date" people over that age, because they would be old enough to be my father and that's just kind of creepy.
So yeah I'm picky, but who isn't?
Show ALL Forums  > New Brunswick  > Read/Deleted