Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is the fairytale impossible after 30?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 184
Is the fairytale impossible after 30? Page 13 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Wrong.

The Big bad wolf was a misunderstood cat. But eventually his art came into good use and he now works for FIMA to make sure properties adequately pass code for disaster relief.

hehehe
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Is the fairytale impossible after 30?
Posted: 5/5/2015 5:03:18 AM
Yes you can feel an instant attraction for another person and have an amazing connection with them right from the start and regardless of what cynics might say that doesn't mean it's just desperation or lust at first sight, it's half a question of luck, if the conversation ebbs and flows to all the right places because you're bouncing off of each other rather than one person waiting for the other to shut up so the next opinion installment can be released, you can't help feeling in synch. If neither of you bore the other, read a cue wrong, fart, insult a firmly cherished dogmatic conviction or any of the million little faux pas that can wreck a date then you might keep ticking boxes in your minds thinking "Wow!! not a single X!!" then it can feel like you got through a month of dating in an hour.

You can have amazing first dates, you just have to be open to them being amazing without actually expecting them to be anything more than nice.
 Joegl209
Msg: 186
Posted: 5/9/2015 1:24:05 AM
I don't think I personally can have an intense connection with someone I hardly know, maybe a sexual connection but love? No way! If you would have asked me when I was 19 I would have said yes but time and experience are great teachers and offer great lessons in those sort of things. I don't think ideal partners exists but I think people can be close to what you want , but if you're basing what you want off a fairy tale experience I do think you're not going to find it. So, no, I don't think it's possible to find that sort of person because life is not a fairy tale and how often do you hear of fairy tale relationships outside of fairy tales?
 SensitiveSensuality
Msg: 187
Posted: 5/24/2015 2:27:21 PM
sure, I have had many deep relationships after 30. Aging is like a fine wine: more experience, knowing what you want, knowing yourself.
 coralleigh1
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2015 10:11:35 PM
I sure hope so ;)
 MasterOfReality84
Msg: 189
Posted: 7/14/2015 10:59:02 AM
You answer your own question, a fairytale is a nothing more than a fairytale, it's impossible to make it real, no matter your age.
 Peas_
Msg: 190
Posted: 7/14/2015 2:49:01 PM

Yes you can feel an instant attraction for another person and have an amazing connection with them right from the start and regardless of what cynics might say that doesn't mean it's just desperation or lust at first sight, it's half a question of luck, if the conversation ebbs and flows to all the right places because you're bouncing off of each other rather than one person waiting for the other to shut up so the next opinion installment can be released, you can't help feeling in synch. If neither of you bore the other, read a cue wrong, fart, insult a firmly cherished dogmatic conviction or any of the million little faux pas that can wreck a date then you might keep ticking boxes in your minds thinking "Wow!! not a single X!!" then it can feel like you got through a month of dating in an hour.

You can have amazing first dates, you just have to be open to them being amazing without actually expecting them to be anything more than nice.

This. I'm thinking it can happen still.

https://youtu.be/_FA85RO89HA
Little Red Riding Hood - Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 191
Posted: 7/14/2015 5:05:48 PM

You answer your own question, a fairytale is a nothing more than a fairytale, it's impossible to make it real, no matter your age.

You're not only cynical, you're wrong.
There is more than 1 definition of "fairy tale" in Merriam-Webster, one of which does not mean impossible or only made up/unreal.

Merriam-Webster:
a story in which improbable events lead to a happy ending

Improbable does not equal impossible.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 192
Is falling in love possible after 30?
Posted: 7/14/2015 8:37:48 PM
If you're not in a fairytale after falling in love, that is sad indeed.
 Peas_
Msg: 193
Posted: 7/14/2015 9:19:02 PM
The only female singer I relate to.

https://youtu.be/T28llzHJ71k?t=2s

MORISSETTE, ALANIS ~ Uninvited

Like anyone would be
I am flattered by your fascination with me
Like any hot blooded woman
I have simply wanted an object to crave

But you, you're not allowed, you're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Must be strangely exciting
To watch the stoic squirm
Must be somewhat heartening
To watch above me, Shepherd

But you, you're not allowed, you're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Like any uncharted territory
I must seem greatly intriguing
You speak of my love like
You have experienced love like mine before

But this is not allowed, you're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

I don't think you unworthy
But I need a moment to deliberate
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 194
Posted: 7/15/2015 5:47:45 AM
Which fairy tale are we talking about? Is it the one where she's a princess, I'm a prince and she brings all of her other princess friends over for truth or dare? I certainly hope so.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2015 1:32:25 PM
Ya' know, it is possible my 20/20 hindsight is more like 20/80, but I don't think I ever had a "fairy tale" vision of committed relationship love as a youth. After nearly 30 years of living that life I am more sure than ever. In the fairy tale world the two "lived happily ever after." There is no mention of illness, hard times, struggles, doubt, affairs, troubled children, perfect children, self doubt, and of course the list goes on. Rarely death.

The fairly tale life doesn't talk about how the two made it / make it through the good times and the bad: only that they lived happily ever after. Well, chalk me up to not a believer in fairy tales - unless we're dealing with the heavily sanitized Reader's Digest version. But, IF your fairy tale existence allows for a couple to recognize their differences, work to overcome their difficulties, patience and forgiveness; yeah, that I can believe in.

In Fact, that's the life I want. I want a life that has some grist - something of substance that has effort behind it. I don't want make believe. I don't want pie-in-the-sky everything will be all right. I'm willing to work. I'm not going to like (love) everything about my lover, nor she about me. And yet ... together ... it happens.

Fairy tale? hmmm.

TK
 dragonbytes
Msg: 196
Posted: 7/15/2015 1:37:00 PM
I gave up on the fairytale a few years ago. I don't think two hot young women yearning to please me was ever going to happen.

I gave up on the dream and got married.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 197
Posted: 7/15/2015 7:37:03 PM

The key is to ditch the fairytale, and instead look for true and genuine magic. By that I don't mean a card rick or a disappearing act - I mean that certain feeling you get when life happens and makes you smile. The little things in life. Think about it like this - if you came across a huge gaping hole in the Earth, you'd know enough to steer clear because you saw that thing from a mile away. So you kept your distance and didn't end up hurt.

But while looking at that huge gaping hole, you missed the smaller holes along the way and subsequently rolled your ankle...twisted the other one...and sprained your finger when you fell on your face and smashed in all your teeth.

Sounds like that little thing put a hurtin' on you.

I used to believe in fairytales, and then I turned 8.

I know...right? All those lost teeth and the tooth fairy is a sham. :(
 clooneystutor
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/17/2015 3:24:05 PM

It's like a knight in shining armor
From a long time ago
Just in time I will save the day
Take you to my castle far away

I am the man who will fight for your honor
I'll be the hero that your dreaming of
We're gonna live for ever
Knowing together
That we did it all for the glory of love
 loveisatemple
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/18/2015 2:41:35 AM
I was talking friendly to a man which happens fair enough times, people with whom I share common interests. I always get enthusiastic and tend to enjoy that process with people but got an uncomfortable feeling he might have thought I was interested in more than friends, which I wasn't. Sometimes the guy dates a lot and just wants another hookup, sometimes they are more ltr types and I couldn't help absorbing some of that " hopeless romantic" energy junk from them...sensing how lonely they are, looking for that half to complete them, etc, assuming everything will be normal after that "puzzle piece" is found.

I just do not think that way, anymore. I believe people can possibly be a great influence, possibly magical, though ime, they are usually looking for gain vs giving or just sharing.

They aren't all that concerned about YOU in all your realism, but what ideal projections they can create in their heads.

It is revisionist and makes one a minor character in some template. It is tiresome. And then they say I am a jaded wicked witchy poo for not liking fairy tales.

I have a habit of liking truth and authentically knowing a person, stripped of any illusions. That is really more of a compliment.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 200
Posted: 8/20/2015 4:54:25 AM
Two people meeting and having an intense connection should never have been considered a fairytale in the first place. Not at any age. It's not complicated or difficult, in fact at the start it's no more difficult than falling off a log.

This is more true for me the older I got. At a young age many of us don't appreciate the value of that deep sort of connection.

It's only a fairytale to expect never to have any disagreements with your mate.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 201
Posted: 8/20/2015 6:53:49 AM
The word "fairytale" makes me sick.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 202
Posted: 8/20/2015 7:09:04 AM

This is more true for me the older I got. At a young age many of us don't appreciate the value of that deep sort of connection.

I completely understand this statement. I am right now living that fairytale relationship with an awesome woman. But it took a life time to get me there. I have matured, I have changed, I have evolved into being a better partner. And so has she.

So I do believe is very possible.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2015 9:02:53 AM
Don't know much about fairy tales, but one girl once told me she couldn't meet up because she was delivering porridge to grandma!
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/20/2015 11:21:50 AM

Don't know much about fairy tales, but one girl once told me she couldn't meet up because she was delivering porridge to grandma!

And she met with a big bad wolf.
Well, you know you can just make a deal with the big bad wolf so the bad wolf won't bite no more.
 spot4username
Msg: 205
Posted: 8/21/2015 2:31:56 PM

Don't know much about fairy tales

Says the man who has a pic with a Disney princess.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/21/2015 6:51:55 PM
Something I'm sincerely curious about that maybe someone can explain is - where do people get the idea that fairy tale relationship means never fighting or disagreeing?

It just doesn't make sense to me from any direction I think about it.

For example, anyone who's read Grimm's or Anderson Fairy Tales knows "fairy tale" does not mean happy happy joy joy. I grew up with Disney like the rest of Americans my age range but do people actually think Cinderella, Snow White, Mary Poppins, etc are REAL?

And anyone who has witnessed a long, happy, successful marriage knows that disagreements are part of the deal. The key to it being a long and happy marriage is the ability of the people to work through those disagreements.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/21/2015 7:09:02 PM

And anyone who has witnessed a long, happy, successful marriage knows that disagreements are part of the deal. The key to it being a long and happy marriage is the ability of the people to work through those disagreements.

[eye roll }

Like...OMG...you're so like....old school...if it isn't like .... perfact then , like OMG....its so like....over !
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/21/2015 7:17:39 PM
^^^^^

Lol.

To hear tell in these forums about the only thing that's possible at any time is a black and white version of King Kong vs Gozilla. :/
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is the fairytale impossible after 30?