Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Best Pizza Place in Your Hometown      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 indianaman
Msg: 39
Best Pizza Place in Your HometownPage 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Here in the Indianapolis area Pizza Pasta Etc. has phenomenal NY pizza, better than the pizza I had on a recent rip to NY! Now they have a pizzeria in Westfield (a northern suburb). The owner told me he closed his restaurant in Broad Ripple (an artsy/college neighborhood sort of like a microscopic Greenwich Village!) because you can only make money if you stay open all night to feed the kids leaving late rock concerts and
"last call" from the bars (Broad Ripple is becoming one big bar with retail shops leaving!)
 psunit
Msg: 40
Best Pizza Place in Your Hometown
Posted: 11/10/2007 4:47:09 PM
When I still lived in PA prior to moving to Michigan, I lived in a town that did not have any of the big pizza places but we had Main Street pizza, who still, in my opinion is better than ANYTHING the big places have to offer. I lived three doors down from them and used to have them deliver my pizza (wasn't about to drag my kids down there!). Would you believe, they used to drive it over to my house just three doors away? It was amusing!
 whatsallthis
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/12/2008 9:46:14 AM
My kitchen. I don't go out for pizza or anything else for that matter.
 Green Eyes In Florida
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2008 12:27:30 PM
I live in Boca Raton, Florida. I KNOW that Rotelli's is a chain, but they have fantastic pizza, not to mentione their garlic rolls are nice, fluffy and loaded with garlic and oil.

There is also Brooklyn Boys with real NY style pizza (I'm not from NY though, but many have told me that their pizza tastes authentic like REAL NY style pizza).

I just love a nice hot, cheesy pizza. Yummy...
 missmelly180
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/13/2008 11:05:03 AM

I think most pizza parlors up north in the tri state area are better than the best pizza parlor in Florida , same can probably be said for bagels , sadly

The only place in Tampa I've had pizza was a hole in the wall on 7th ave in Ybor at 3 am coming out of the clubs. Satisfying at the time while drunk off my butt, but utterly lacking.
There is a place right down the road from me called Angelo's Pizza in my town of holiday. They've been around for over 25 years and it really is amazing ny style pizza. Angelo himself still works those ovens almost every day. It's a great little mom and pop joint that everyone in the neighborhood loves.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/13/2008 6:59:20 PM
I'm going to have to put a vote in for one of those pizza chains - Pizzaville!

When I was working years ago for a newspaper in central Ontario, I would frequently go and buy pizza from them. I practically lived off it. Yum!
 Miss G
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/13/2008 7:30:23 PM
Mom's is best, of course. Houston's 2nd best: Fuzzy's Pizza - Antoine & Katy Fwy. Mysteriously and dangerously close to my home. Interesting coincidence?
 jazz13
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/13/2008 7:58:28 PM
The big Slice on Young Street in Toronto was a great place>>>
 Shawn888
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/16/2008 9:15:47 PM
Napoli's Italian Restaurant - Enid, OK - Always good pizza, and awesome bread to get you started.
 junipermoon
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2008 4:24:18 AM
i moved recently, and discovered a little place called 'maria's,' right across the stream. they make an awesome pie with a thin, crispy crust and a tangy, herb-laden sauce. i like pizza plain, so a good sauce makes all the difference.
 gcsavvy
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/18/2008 12:24:43 AM
The best pizza place on the Gold Coast (QLD/Australia) in my opinion is Marie's Pizza. You pay a premium for a pizza however there are so many styles to choose from, including quality dough and ingredients. Their Chicken Satay pizza is my favourite.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2008 1:38:46 PM
...Just this last summer, our Chamber of Commerce had a fund raiser that featured all the local Pizzarias. They billed it as the Sandusky County Pizza Challenge. The competitors all donated pizzas for a hungry crowd that paid 7 dollars per ticket for the priviledge of sampling all the pizzas in one place. It was a smashing success, and I'm happy to report that a favourite pizza place of mine won the "Best Pizza" award. The name of the place is the "Depot" in Fremont, Ohio and it features a homemade crust...which is seldom seen in pizzarias any more. I've been told by several food service salespeople...that the majority of pizza in the country these days is produced with dough that is mixed off site. That's not to say the dough is all the same...because you can get it made to your specific recipe...but there is a certain quality that goes with a dough made in an old kitchen. There are yeasts present in the air that people don't think about...and that's where the "uniqueness" comes into the product. They don't make any pizza there that hasn't been done somewhere else...but it's served with pride in their quality and confidence you're getting a meal you'll enjoy. Hope you get a chance to stop by sometime, tell 'em Pup sent ya.. ;)
 Miss G
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/26/2009 4:22:00 PM
Fuzzy's Pizza - order the Barbara Bush
Star Pizza - all good, all the time
Pizza Hut at Target - c'mon, you know you love it.
 abaris08
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2009 11:44:11 PM
Racine WI... Infusino's. Killer pie.
 _Icon_
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/27/2009 12:41:25 AM
Star Pizza. I love the spinach pizza. Sounds gross but it's oh so yummy.
 purple ace rider
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 2:29:53 PM
I love Graci See's in Inkster I believe. Its on Michigan ave near Beech Daly. Its a little place but the sauce is very good. They do mostly carry out but you can eat inside. Believe it or not its the only sauce that doesnt give me heartburn! LOL
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/7/2009 7:13:23 PM
At least one brand of frozen pizza is usually on sale at my market so lately I've gotten that one. They ranged from average to bad.
Yesterday they had California Pizza Kitchen pizza on sale and the pepperoni was one of the best pizzas I've had, frozen or fresh.
 Actionnn
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 10:13:07 AM
Here in Lubbock, TX, it would be One Guy from Italy Pizza. I have been eating there for over 20 years. They make dough and pizza sauce themselves. They cook it in brick oven. I like getting pizza slice or big calzone which is very big pizza pocket.
 texasbaby
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 10:28:29 AM
Pizza Hut, Dominos and Mr. Getti where I live,, nothing that stands out as special. I usually buy the, made in the store ~ bake at home kind, adding extra cheese or what ever. My kids like them just fine.
Frozen,,,,, I agree with the poster above about the California Pizza Kitchen brand and I buy Brick Oven a lot also. I like the ones with white garlic sauce, mushrooms and spinach.

tb
 Honest343
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2009 7:22:14 AM
Yes, you are right for a thin crust pizza Zippy's is right there on the top. A close second is Home Run Inn pizza in Chicago. For an unsual but good tasting pizza is Piquads in Niles,IL. The sauce is just right and they do something to the crust that you would think it kill the taste. The burn the edges of the crust. It's ben awhile since I have been there, since I live up in cheeseland. I think its time for a road trip to Zippy's, Piquads and then for desert Gene and Jude's.........
 odotflaggerdave
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/12/2009 12:47:07 AM
In the S.F. Bay area it has to be Zachary's pizza in San Ramon for Chicago style and My back yard for N. Y. style. I built a brick oven in my back yard for bread and pizza baking.
 JDMculture
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2009 8:34:35 AM
Live inthe 905/416 & Dante's is the place to be for a great tasting homemade pizza
 vbxtc
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2009 8:40:42 AM
Not my home town, but the best pizza I've ever had was from a place called Mama's in, of all places, Barbados. Turns out Mama had moved to Barbados from Naples, Italy...
 dirsup
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 9:46:39 AM
Best in Billings Montana is a little delivery only place called "Chicago Pizza". This is not the chain "Chicago Pizza" place on the west end. They have great Chicago style deep dish.
 HidingInPlainSite
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/1/2009 10:04:46 PM
the best around here?

mario's in mukwonago

next door pub in lake geneva

i can also recommend one in schuylkill county, pa. Dimaggio's in minersville. the pizza is cheap, and the meat is dried out before cooking, so its not a total greasepit. the taste is freakin awesome.

in oakland county, mi? dolly's pizza. nice homemade taste.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Best Pizza Place in Your Hometown