Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Wrong #'s, WHen they call you what do you do????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 short_order_cook
Msg: 51
Wrong #'s, WHen they call you what do you do????Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I had a collection agency continually calling my phone # in search of a client.
Most of the calls were automated messages and when I did speak to a rep they must have thought that I was lying about the wrong # because the calls continued.
Finally I had to send them a registered letter with confirmation from the phone company as to whom the # belonged to, and threaten a harrassment claim to get them to stop calling me.

Call display is a marvelous invention.
If I don't recognize the caller, I'll let the machine answer.
I set the machine to answer on the 5th ring since I've discovered that most telemarketers will hang up after the 4th.

If I do get caught by a telemarketer I'll often lie, telling duct-cleaners that I have radiators or window replacement estimators that I bought new windows from them last year.
My girlfriend likes to answer telemarketers by pretending to be their business competitors.
 MapleSweet
Msg: 52
Wrong #'s, WHen they call you what do you do????
Posted: 7/8/2007 9:15:15 AM
I get wrong numbers all the time, evidently my number is one digit off from a pizza parlor. The other one I get often is from somebody looking for someone with the same sounding last name (but spelled differently.) I keep the pizza parlors correct # by the phone, and the number for those people with the similar last name. Usually they're thankful. I got one the other day from a guy looking for a Sam...I said there is no Sam here, you must have dialed the wrong number. He called back a total of 4 times looking for Sam! "But this is the number he gave me"...well, you must have dialed it wrong. 2nd call: I dialed it right this time. 3rd: "Do you have a blue truck?" What?! No, I don't have any truck..."4th: Well, he left the number for me under the seat of the blue truck so it HAS to be right" All I could say is what part of wrong number don't you understand. After that I just left the phone off the hook for a while since he obviously didn't get it.

shortorder...I do the same thing with telemarketers. Sometimes it's fun. For the ones that won't let you get a word in edgewise, I just lay the phone down, keep working, and say hmmmmmm, tell me more once in a while. Then I just leave the phone there till I hear dial tone. Hey, it's their dime, if they would have let me speak I would have told them I'm not interested. It's the pushy ones I don't like.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Wrong #'s, WHen they call you what do you do????