Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 44
Dating East Indian MenPage 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
ecaepydal-thank you, i wish more people thought like you, maybe it is more of a personal barrier, my whole family I grew up with on my mothers side is all white because I'm half hungarian and well I guess my father would be an east indian jerk but there are many male jerks of all different races.........
hmmmmm how old is your son? hehehe!
 iamasiam
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 5/12/2007 2:53:21 AM

Honestly, why would you want to marry a "white" woman? Generally speaking, they lack honour, dignity, and any sense of sacrifice for the well-being of their family or loved ones; mired in a decadent mind-set. Why do you think so many white men seek South-East Asian wives?

Thank you for making that retarded generalisation. That is just as bad display of ignorance as some of the other posters.

Frankly sacrifice is not such a helpful trait. You cannot help anyone if the first thing you do is sacrifice yourself.

Having bad experiences should not be a cause to paint a broad assumption for an entire group of people. It is not healthy for the human race, just look at history when that happens in the extreme cases.

in other words, we lack the stupidity of submission to some self-appointed god that bashes our head into the wall because we didn't bow and kiss his ass when he entered the home
lol, you gone into some fantasy land, getting a bit carried away?

Jerks and ***holes have not racial borders, did you not know that?
 maryseviltwin
Msg: 48
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 5/20/2007 8:47:58 PM
I was employed with one for over a year- endured put downs in appropriate touching from him. I am very hesitant about dating or being employed by another again (I only stayed because I was in a abusive relationship and needed the money to get out) Not saying the are all like that I have met a few not so controlling as my ex- boss.
 iamasiam
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 5/21/2007 5:12:40 PM

watch Indians practice their culture far more freely than the Americans do.

Which indians practice which culture?
There are hindus/buddists/muslims/sikhs/christians/persian/and a few other ones.

For one thing the world would be a boring place is everyone was the same in thinking.
For that I truely respect you missanthropic, I kind of find you interesting in your thinking. I am sorry you have not seen much of the world.

Another thing I cannot stand this one culture identity bs. This world is far too interesting to be stuck with playing with one culture for life. All the universe has to do is sneeze and the entire planet could be wiped out in a blink of an eye.
 Amrit77
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 5/27/2007 5:45:21 AM
Forget EI men....i just want to know where turbaned Sikh men like me belong in the dating pool of white ladies?
 Calisparkle
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 5/27/2007 5:04:00 PM

you rarely see a single parent Indian girl and you rarely see a Indian /white girl put in this prediciment by an Indian .

I've learned from the Indian men I have talked to (one interested in my being his 2nd wife, lol) that Indian women accept their men having other wives and/or women in their lives. They stay. The men get whatever/whoever they want. Could this be why you don't see single Indian mothers? The same could be said of women of any race--some stay regardless of how they are treated. This type of thinking is beyond me, but it is hardly uncommon, nonetheless.

:) Cali
 Vivek_Golikeri
Msg: 52
view profile
History
on being Indian? who gives a s------?!
Posted: 5/27/2007 5:37:37 PM
I am of East Indian ancestry, raised in Trinidad where they're half the population.
I am also "a chocolate eclair", ie brown on the outside, white on the inside. Yes, I get smart-ass lectures from unwanted advisers about what they think is wrong with my attitude regards my origins. I tell them bluntly to go drown themselves in the Hudson River. I hate old-fashioned Indian culture and ideas just as much as I hate Archie Bunker and the white racists. Both are equally enemies of my freedom, privacy, and happiness.

Just as gay people are gay, I am strictly inter-racial. I would never, never date a woman who is also of Indian background, not even one raised in the US or Canada. Why? Because my heritage too often has tried to control my life, and if you marry someone, there's simply no way that you can totally prevent her famiy from entering your life. I have no problem being Indian with black people, white people, or anyone not Indian. But with the older generation from India I feel "threatened" the same way Canadians feel their national identity and economic autonomy threatened by the United States. Just as Canadian law mandates "Canadian content" in their media and educational system, I decide that I need to put up stern fences between me and my origins. Yet I still retain what I cherry-pick from my Indian heritage, and share it with non-Indians. As I always say: "I don't belong to my past, but IT belongs to ME."

If any woman doesn't want me because of my ethnicity, that's the least of my worries. There are plenty of other fish in the ocean. Neither does it make her a racist; damn, she has the same right as anyone else to choose what makes her happy!

Understand: What I really hate is not the actual country of India. Poor thing never did me any wrong. I wish it well so long as it's a million miles away, and I can just forget that it exists. What I really hate is persons who have tried to force my heritage down my throat, just as I virulently hate Jehovah's Witnesses, born-again Christians, and Islamofascists.

I'm Indian in the exact parallel sense that somebody from a Jewish family who marries a "shiksha" and won't give you a wooden nickel for Israel and High Holidays
is still Jewish by extraction.
 *Hello Kitty*
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 6/1/2007 6:32:32 AM
Well my two major relationships in my life were with a Spanish/Mexican and a Pakistani. So I don't think it matters. As long as the man is a gentleman and respects the women it should not matter what their heritage is.
Gori Melanie
 tcky123
Msg: 55
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 6/4/2007 5:59:52 PM
soem may nto liek this but most cultures like indian/asian/filipinos etc other than white HAS CULTURE and sorry if this offends most white but indian have traditions not beer drinking all the time.
 Westlin
Msg: 56
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 10/29/2007 8:06:06 AM
OP--I don't see where it should be a problem, especially since you are more American than anything (the way you look at things, etc.). I personally find some East Indian men quite attractive, but for the most part, they all seem to be married or, in one case, interested but only for sex as he was expected to marry someone from his own ethnic group (actually arranged marriage being worked on). Some people are more open to relationships with other ethnicities, some aren't.
 down2earthgirl54
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 11/19/2007 1:13:11 PM

As mentioned by some of you above - - there is this taboo with East Indian men that they are narrow minded or that their views towards women are not in par with Western/American standards. I think that this is completely unfair because for those of us (like myself) who have lived here for the most part of our lives, our views are very open minded (perhaps even more open minded than most Caucasian or African American men).

Speaking for myself, I am afraid to date an East Indian man, or a man from the Middle East. Even being brought up in the western world, your family would still have instilled in you, your own culture and values, wouldn't they? I want to be an equal in a relationship, respected, and valued. Getting involved with someone from such a different culture is taking a big chance.
 down2earthgirl54
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 11/19/2007 1:26:28 PM
But you see the problem with that is then these women might be perceived to be racist or narrow minded by men of their own race and they would not be interested in these women. Thus, this sort of women want to hide their narrow mindedness and show to the whole world what an "accepting" sort of person they are when truly they are far from it.

In most case, such as mine, it is not narrow mindedness - it is fear. I will tell you a little story about narrow mindedness (maybe even prejudice). Last year my girlfriend's 13 year old son was friends with an East Indian girl his age at school. She really had a crush on him and used to call him every night. After a month or so, the girl's older brother lured my friend's boy to a park and beat him up quite badly. The brother told my friend's boy that he was not to talk to his sister again, his family forbid it. Kids were not even allowed to be special friends. You see, here the shoe is on the other foot.
 Baber.
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 11/27/2007 10:15:39 PM
It's hard to take the DOT back when it's been put on with a permanent marker!

har har
 TitusBreast
Msg: 63
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 11/28/2007 3:22:55 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with a minority. They (the gals) might be intimidated by intellect or some religious issues. I knew a Sikh at school...I loved his hair, especially when he took it out of that bun. It was gorgeous!...he seemed to have reservations about dating, but then again, he was in med school, so...On the other end, there was his roommate, also of East Indian descent, and he couldn't keep his pecker to himself for anything! I think you're just not meeting the right gals. You shouldn't have any problem with American babes at all! Good luck! Love, Titus
 rlaz
Msg: 64
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 12/13/2007 7:05:53 AM
shwaytha/// get over urself.. **** off
 whitesatin2008
Msg: 67
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 12/17/2007 9:11:55 PM
I think E. Indian men are sooooo cute!! I have dated several in the past. I would certainly consider dating, and marrying one. If you are one, or know of a great guy, please get in touch. Yes, there are cultural differences. It makes life so much more interesting!!! Love to all the dark haired hotties!!
 Baber.
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 12/17/2007 9:17:01 PM
I'd date a black woman any day.. doesn't matter to me.. :)

yah us brown men can be awfully sweet sometimes.. conservative... need some help in getting corrupted! hehe

Rythmn
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 12/18/2007 2:00:12 AM
it does not seem to be a problem here with kids in their teens and twenties who go to school together, etc. all i can think of, is that you live in a less diverse area and that is your problem. also there are always the traditonal parents to deal with, but they usually are happy nowadays that their kids are settled down and even happier to have grandchildren. the first time a child of foreign born parents introduces another culture, it can be traumatic, but most adjust over time. if i lived and i have, in a totally non jewish area (even though i don't practice the religion) people take a while to adjust to my cultural stuff---humor, perspective, etc. the more diverse the area, i find it to be the merrier.
 Leadsled_324
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:07:01 AM
I have no idea why most women are reluctant, but I have also found that my heritage has been on multiple occasions, a deal breaker. See, most of the time I tend to go for Caucasian women because that's generally what I'm attracted to (not to say that there isn't many attractive desi girls as well). I guess some would call that a flaw in my character. Also, unlike many of the traditional Indian women i know, they are less conservative and don't need to have the entire family involved as well as some sort of process before i am allowed to associate with them. I think that there are just too many assumptions about our culture, or maybe our appearance can be a turn-off perhaps? I have encountered racism from women who thought that i was a nice person to talk to online, but then wanted to cut off any connection after telling them what my heritage was. I also figure, that the more ethnic one looks, the more a white girl is to look the other way. they just don't want to deal with the unfamiliar. There are also a few "well-meaning" Liberal white women that just want to have an "exotic experience" and will date an Indian or Middle Eastern man for a short period of time and then break up, thinking that they aren't racist, since they experienced someone "different". They would never think of marrying a person outside their race. It is my wish that i could someday meet a girl who wouldn't look at a person's background with ill thought and think of someone who is a culture different from their own as an equal. We are all the same on the inside and people need to stop believing the stereotypes on Television and the false libels repeated all the time on the internet. I find it odd, that even the "coconut" Hindustanis such as myself are still looked at like creatures from another planet, even where I live in my native MN. I guess dating is more stressful than I first thought.
 Maxkramer
Msg: 73
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 12/21/2007 10:07:11 PM
Now now this forum is totally biased and prejudiced not to say the amount of misinformation(read wrong information) people have here.

Firstly, to the person of east indian origin who prides on being brought up here and being americanized in every possible way, my friend it is good to be proud, but remember you don't have the right to talk crap about India or East Indian men based on the stupid and bull headed notions you have, for example, you said that East Indian men don't respect women, now honestly you must have been a total jackass to say that, no other country in the world had as many presidents and prime ministers who were women than India.

Also, the current head of the ruling party Ms.Sonia Gandhi is a woman, not to mention the fact that the current president Her Excellencty Ms. Pratibha Patil is a woman too, also there is no other country in this world which provides 33% admission into workplace as well as educational institutions of merit as does India, leave all that even coming to the basics, in the public transport buses, there are seats reserved for women only, men can't sit in them, reason being men are physically stronger, and we tend to reserve these seats for the women who are weaker, nursing mothers, etc etc who travel by buses.

Also, to the Canadian lady who said that we don't treat our women with respect, it would be good for you to check the statistics of divorce rates in our nation which supposedly has the old arranged marriage system to the supposedly developed nation of your's which I guess has one of the highest divorce rates in the world, also respected Indian women and men don't sleep with other men and women saying they are the child's stepmoms and stepdads in front of the child the way your countries do and create a feeling of insecurity in the child not to mention the mistreatment and paedophilic urges these stepdads and step moms have on these children.

And yet you come here and preach about us mistreating women and hence you having a negative image of us East Indian men, face the facts, your media is biased towards us because your nation is racist to the core, I know it is hard accepting the fact but then facts remain facts.
 casandra67
Msg: 77
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 2/7/2008 8:34:54 AM
Ohhh I lovvvvveeee them.
I found they generally love a women with plenty of meat on their bones so I never feel self conscious.
Im a BIG fan of Bollywood, lets go dancing......haha
 spitfire6844
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 3/1/2008 6:57:48 PM
OP:

I'm a guy, so I can't answer for women, but your profile looks like you should be able to attract American women. I would ask one thing: are you sending out enough introductory emails to women you are attracted to? I've found that it takes a lot of introductions to start getting responses.

You may want to try sending 10 - 20 emails a day to prospects you're attracted to. Expect back about 3 or 4 replies. Repeat that pattern each day and go from there until you find your match. As the guy, you have to be really assertive in order to start getting feedback from women. Good luck!
 satan_himself
Msg: 81
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 3/7/2008 2:54:58 PM

To the traditional India men,women are mere objects and the more they have the better.If u r contacted by an India man then rest assured he is married but on the chance he isn't then u can bet his family has his marriage already arranged.These folks culture is very important to them and they won't relent on it for u so keep that in mind when u are chatting with one.The women are all dolled up for seducing purposes because she knows at an early age that she is just there to pls a man and she takes this part of her life very seriously.Independent women are as funny as screen doors on a submarine to the India men.

And how are men of other culture different. You think American or any other men are less willing to cheat on their women! Women are mere objects... you think its any different in any part of the world. Being independent doesn't mean being a town-whore.
 VAPurr
Msg: 95
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 10/7/2008 2:14:56 PM
I meet a lot of east Indian men.

I will ask if they were born here now.

I find them very polite and kind.

VAPurr
 Amrit77
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Dating East Indian Men
Posted: 10/20/2008 3:43:53 AM
So how would you feel like dating a guy like me?.......I am a turbanned and bearded Sikh man who was born and raised in England. Would you be put off from dating me because i am an English man who does not come from NZ?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >