Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is foreplay as important as you get older ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lonelyman154
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Is foreplay as important as you get older ?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I say yes BUT thats not a bad thing. What would sex be with out foreplay....only 1/2 the fun.
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 10
Is foreplay as important as you get older ?
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:24:45 PM
I started this thread a few weeks ago and haven't checked it out.

My word !!!!!!!!!!

Some/most of you don't read.

I love foreplay...........I JUST prefer it more as afterplay !

Sexually abused ?

Wanting sex with NO foreplay ?

One even thought the thread was that I "need" it now that I'm older....

Read peeps.....read

I said when I was younger.... I "needed" foreplay, needed the physical warmup...but now that Im older. I don't.

Does that mean I don't love it ? Heck no........I love it.......BUT it's not necessary BEFORE sex anymore was my comment. I'm a lingerer. If you want an explanation...ask.

I'm thinking because now, at the age I am, Im much more aware of my body. My mind better trained to control my body, it's physical reactions to sex.
 Neonmitch
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/18/2006 11:30:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong...
Don't women generally experience a much stronger and pleasurable orgasm AFTER extended foreplay rather than just a quickie?
 OhMyDear
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/19/2006 7:19:25 PM
foreplay is a must. Can't get enough of that suger crisp
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/15/2006 6:40:03 PM
"Altered_Ego"

My response was not rude.

It ticks me off when I start a thread and people don't read the WHOLE thing before they comment.

I was talking "physically" needing foreplay, like I did when I was younger.

Never did I say I didn't love it.....or want it...the question was physically needing it before sex.

I can have an orgasm now, from a quickie, when I was younger, never could, actually I couldn't even have an orgasm just from intercourse.

It took alot of foreplay.

I think what it boils down to.....from reading some of the responses, is that as we get older, we know our bodies better, know what we want.....as well as one poster said, if you're into your man enough....his presense if foreplay. You're physically ready for him anytime anywhere.

Like I commented, I prefer foreplay as "after" play. I dont have sex, roll over and go to sleep. I love to linger..explore......tease, keep it going even after the/his orgasms are done.

Just me.....

Sexually abused ? omg... you call my comment rude ?
 *buzz*
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2006 11:37:10 AM
I have never underestimated warming up ... "session". Count me on!
 *buzz*
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2006 11:14:10 AM

that wants to kiss, slowly, deeply, exploring the texture of your lips...

and it is not only texture of their lips ... it is also their heat & playfulness or impatience as if there was no tomorrow ... hmmm ... lips that can tremble, resign ... guide

P.S.
One is never too old for a foreplay
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/7/2007 4:38:08 PM

Altered Ego says;.

Oh, foreplay, by definition, comes before sex, not after.

I disagree !!! Strongly...

Foreplay and afterplay are both enjoyable. I love continuing even after you both orgasm.
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/7/2007 4:41:30 PM
Not one of you caught the jist of my thread.

I asked a question that was more medical then mental.

I required foreplay when I was younger or else penetration was uncomfortable.

Now, at 42, it's not physically required in that sense.

I never said I didn't love it, want it, need it for a better sex life.

I was talking purely from a physical standpoint and penetration !
 Oral*Heat*
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/7/2007 4:50:35 PM
Foreplay is wonderful and I prefer it. Not just the oral but the touching and kissing/tongues...

My age has not affected my preference, although foreplay is much more intense and meaningful when u love someone and not just on a fling.

and maybe just gettin right to the pumping is good for you but not sure if age is a factor or not? maybe just your mood/hormones?
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/7/2007 6:38:00 PM
Foreplay is always important no matter what age you are. Anticipation is half the fun. Very few people cook before preheating the oven.
 pamsdolls
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/21/2007 10:33:13 PM
Maybe the questions should have been posed differently from the start for all to understand correctly.

First though if one understand the word foreplay - fore is the start. But there is nothing wrong with fore - in-between - more in-between - and ending play!!!!!

And foreplay doesn't have to start with touching as some have mentioned - the eye contact - and all the little things we do to get ones attention - and the responses from the other person are all foreplay.

Gosh now I have a question - where exactly does foreplay stop and orgasm start? Can anyone tell me exactly the moment????

I can only speak for myself but from the moment one starts looking at the other sex in a sexual way the foreplay has started and the feeling doesn't stop until one is asleep. Can't you close your eyes and relive the experience over. And at my age it just seems to all be getting better and better. I keep wondering about that hormonal thing - as long as I am sexually attracted to the person I have never had a problem unless it was at the point of total exhaustion from making love.
 tom42149
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/21/2007 10:37:19 PM
I find foreplay absolutely essensential for "Mr Happy" to rise to the occasion! I went thro the stage of 'stick it in & go for it', years ago. I'm all growed up now, & not in such a hurry!
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:00:15 PM
Counts on what you consider foreplay.

I have always considered Sex and romance to be seperate but related. I enjoy a romantic evening as much as a sexually physical one.

To me nothing beats spending some quality time with someone special. We really only spend at the very most a small percentage of our time engaged in sex. Most of the other time its doing other things.

Id say probably the best sex you can have is after you have spent a long day doing fun and exciting things with your significant other. Im someone that likes to push all the buttons and if you plan and do things right that is the best kind of relationship.

Some perfer a great deal more spontaneity. That is just going with the flow and letting things happen. That can be fun also. Just depends on the person.
 Ed2day
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/11/2007 8:52:18 AM
You are a bad person for bringing it up and should seek sensitivity training. Foreplay to men is very stressful and time consuming! Sex should be available to your husband on demand with no pesky requests for foreplay. What this means is that you do not love your man as much as you should; he should never have to work to get you in the mood. Stop being so selfish! Perhaps you can make it up to him by performing oral sex on him and cooking him a nice meal.
 tdh46
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/11/2007 8:25:34 PM
Foreplay???????????????????

What is this Foreplay of which the OP speaks?......Clarification please, someone, anyone.
 Ezy_Phix
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2007 1:47:06 AM
Umm, hmmm... I read the beginning post and then read a few other posts in hope to understand the question and to be honest I'm still not sure what's being asked...

Is it no foreplay ever just because you're getting too stingy in your old age to care about anyone but your own wants?... Oh boy, you just better hope as you get older you don't find it harder to get it up because no one will care about working at it to get it up for you.

Now I've gotten older I don't see any difference between my younger days and now. Foreplay is the main part of sex. No foreplay is a quicky and no more satisfying than self-indulging masturbation. It would seem common sense that if you didn't pamper your partner sexually now and then you'll be too boring in bed... Oooooh, now I get this thread. What's the point of foreplay if you are not getting any more sex since you are so dull and selfish in the sack? That's the question, right? Self explanatory aint it?

Since I'm male and do not have those multiple orgasms (lucky damn women) I prefer lots of foreplay to build up my own excitement so when I do have that pittiful lousy one orgasm I would have been aroused to a height that it will blow my mind.
 fingsuperwoman
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/12/2007 3:03:47 AM
Foreplay is the best!! Lots of fantastic ways to keep it interesting and exciting.
Even though there are times when a quickie is called for! Those can be fun as well.
 Ed2day
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/12/2007 6:42:24 AM
Hey Diva!
You do know that my post was tongue-in-cheek, right? I was being funny, you beautiful browneyed work of art!
 Ed2day
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/13/2007 5:46:17 AM
I'm your vehicle baby, I'll take you anywhere you wanna go! ( Chicago) I love reading these forums, they are so funny! Although, sometimes the issues are serious, most are just folks not using common sense. Don't you hate going to a persons house and they don't have any books? Just paraphanelia laying around!!
 thebeachboy
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/13/2007 8:26:36 AM
I THINK IT IS,YOUNG OR HOW OLD YOU ARE,ITS A GOOD THING!
 fancynanci
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2008 2:55:20 PM
I have always LOVED it and I always will...forever & ever
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is foreplay as important as you get older ?