Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ponygrlâ„¢
Msg: 20
Financial Responsibility- love don't pay the rentPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
And what nonsense, you don't go to jail for checking someone out

you're right, you don't go to jail for checking someone out but you can go to jail for stalking.

You must have a lot to hide to make such ridiculous claims.

who me hide something? you gotta be kidding me just read up on my posts huh, they all have something to do with the pieces of my life's puzzle......if you read them, you found out that i was a dancer for 2 years part time, i was married twice, been through an abusive past with boyfriends in the past, i'm always there to help a friend. i'm in the process of starting my own business.....omg, the list goes on and on. i suggest that you open your eyes and start reading.

Furthermore, there is zero chance that I would check you out and the reason should be obvious.

yeah, the reason is obvious right you are........you're too young for me (i'm old enough to be your mother), i have nothing to hide (i'll tell you here and in person as well), and most of all, i'm not interested in you at all.

Finally, as I stated, there is not any reason to tell someone you checked him or her out.

she would be able to find out........like i said there is the privacy act which also allows the person being investigated complete knowledge as to who is checking into her and her life's history.
 techgirl27
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Financial Responsibility- love don't pay the rent
Posted: 1/31/2007 7:16:28 PM
I think you can just tell by listening to what they tell you.

"gotta pay my property taxes this week" (due today here in my county, actually) reflects differently than "I have to make my tank of gas last til payday".
 techgirl27
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2007 1:36:00 PM
So if someone's credit was hit hard from a bad divorce where they lost their job and their ex wasnt paying support i.e. they were stuck with having to make late/missed payments through no fault of their own over a long period of time, you'd count them out even if you loved each other?

Or someone who had been ordered to remit in an accident that had a high payout they were struggling with and that was affecting their credit, doesnt mean that they are irresponsible with their money. Sometimes these things are out of people's control through no fault of their own.

You can tell a lot more about their habits from daily discussions than their credit history.
 whisper67520
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2007 2:23:41 PM
There are many legitimate reasons someone can be having a financial crises at any given time....in today's world.....But in a serious relationship....there has to be full financial disclosure. Depending on how each person views financial responsibilities, tells each one the others character and lets the two of you plan how to handle any debts.

What everyone needs to remember is....when you marry another....you also become equally responsible for each ones financial debts.

I was talking to a man and in the course of the conversations...found out he had not filed a tax return for around 15 years. The first explanations...just didn't ring true....so I kept asking more questions. Also started asking lots of questions in other areas of his life. Gradually the picture started to emerge.....He was not at all what he presented him self to be. He was very skilled in the stories he had as explanation.....they just were not true. Intelligent man, smooth talker, con artist......lived off women he could smooze to put a roof over his head and the social systems. Was his way of life......his pattern. I walked away.

It is a shame we can not trust people to be honest, but we do have to ask the right questions, be alert and don't accept just surface explanations......Some people are very smart, have good answers and know how to take advantage of others......

My point is.....in meeting, dating and considering marrying someone.....we do have to protect ourselves, use our brains......be careful....THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS....
 Smjle
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/13/2007 1:50:14 PM
Before they hire you, most employers will do a background check. Before they lend you money, lenders will at the least check out your employment and finances. Why? Because they are intelligent. It's the smart thing to do. It is even more important to check out a potential mate. Perhaps not initially, but before getting too involved. If they object, maybe they have something to hide.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >