Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Women with LONG HAIR      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JWA
Msg: 76
Women with LONG HAIRPage 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
^^^^Oh Good Gawd!! LOL

So this thread begins mostly expressing a like some men have for women with longer hair but somehow turns into men are "dissing" women who have short hair!! SOME of you gals need to get a grip and keep in mind it's ONLY something we ENJOY, it's NOT a deal breaker and it's NOT meant to bash or dismiss any woman who doesn't have it!!!

We don't care that you don't care----we're all individuals here so please do whatever YOU want to do. No one is calling another ugly either---that's not even a part of this.

Relax over there---this began as a compliment now it's a full on war!! LOL
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 77
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 2/25/2007 9:44:02 PM

We are tuned into long hair by nature. Its instinct. Most ladies can look good with short hair et cetera but a nice looking lady can look awe inspiring with long hair. It is one of the easiest and least done attractants. It can make the average look great and the beautiful look goddess like. If you want attention......long hair is the best way to do it.

My hair is the longest it's ever been and believe me the longer it got the more attention I received. So I have to agree with the above quote by bigger guy . . . it's just been my experience. I can change my look just by putting it up or in a pony tail.
 Wullis
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:44:35 PM
^^^^^ You look like a boy ..............Thats funny, never at any length

And Leslie27..........Once you flash that smile I'm sure hair length is the last thing they think of

Why in these forums do people talk one or two posts and make a general statement.........GUYS ARE NOT AGAINST SHORT HAIR, some of us just find it a desireable TRAIT

It doesn't mean we don't date women with short hair, it means we are going to pout some when you cut it.
If I'm choosing between a stone fox with hair to her ankles thats super high maintenence and whiney or a cutey with a crew cut thats laid back and makes me smile every day ........I'm heading for the crew cut.

The Voice of Reason
 nightfly
Msg: 79
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 2/26/2007 11:42:47 PM
I think one of the problems with short hair, is that most women (I know, not all) with short hair had it long to begin with, and then cut it real short. I make it clear that I really, really like long hair. When a woman I'm dating cuts it short, it tells me she really doesn't care if I'm attracted to her, and if she doesn't care, why should I?

What makes women look good? Want to sell things? Look in your clothes catalogs. Models with, yes, beautiful long hair.

Also, want to know how much guys like long hair? Look at what we're willing to pay our hard earned money for. Mens magazines, >99% of the women have long, lucious hair. Gogo bars, the same. See many prostitutes with butch cuts and no make up? Guess not. Beauty reigns. I think if you took a poll, oh, Allesandra Ambrosio vs Ellen Degeneres, you'd find it almost unanimous.
 darlyngirl
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 2/27/2007 6:23:00 AM
Okay- so if a guy ever complains about my hair I should send him to a prostitute- good idea thanks :)

And if a girl cuts off her hair despite knowing YOU like it better long, do YOU ever think it might be because SHE likes it better short and feels more attractive and 'put-together' with it short? And maybe how SHE feels when she looks in the mirror each day is more important than what YOU think when you look at her. If you like someone as a person but lose attraction to them because they cut their hair than that is just SAD. I kept my hair long for my ex when we were together because HE got upset when I trimmed it- then I got so sick of looking in that mirror every day- I felt ugly and wasted so much time trying to do my hair so I thought I looked good- then I went and chopped it all off. I LOVED it- but I was so petrified what he would think- and it was that fear that gave me the final push to dump him. I don't want to be with someone who makes a big deal about my hair- it's not WHO I AM- and if it's enough to make a guy not interested in me, or dump me than he must not have been the right guy/loved me for WHO I AM and not what's on my head...
 RedPaladin
Msg: 81
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 2/27/2007 7:46:13 AM
I have no preferance, actually, in terms of length... and all the chicks I've ended up with have been brunette... aaand I'm still single!!!
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 2/27/2007 8:12:26 AM
Men covet my hair. Unfortunate, but true. I have had complete strangers walk up to me and ask if they could touch my hair-that makes me very uncomfortable. My hair is very long,very thick, naturally curly, and brown (I know, in my pics it's red). I'm quite sure if I cut it I'd lose about ten or fifteen pounds...sucks in the summer, soooooooooo damn hot... But I do love my hair, I like the attention I get because of my hair, and so it will stay long, at least for the time being. It is a lot of work though, and I confess I often throw on a ballcap because I just don't have time to deal with it (takes an hour MINIMUM to blow dry).

The thing that surprised me about this thread was how many men said they prefer brunettes, I never expected that. I have been a "bottle blond" (horrible term that) in the past, and received a lot of attention. Guess I should have stuck with my natural color???
 darlyngirl
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 2/27/2007 1:27:18 PM
The question is do you keep it long for you or for them? If you were dating a guy seriously who thought you'd look better with short hair, would you chop it all off? Just curious- I dress, do my hair and makeup for me- selfish maybe= but true...
 Wullis
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:11:22 AM
Let it grow for awhile........................If you don't like it you can always cut it

It's the beauty of long hair.......You loose nothing by trying it. Your current style framwes your face nicely as well
 AustinFan
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:52:14 AM
I personally like women whom have at least sholder lengeth hair.....cuz I don't like women who look like they got little boys type hair cuts....it's the biggest turn off ever.....as far as hair color.....I may be saying this because I am one....but I find redheads the hottest.....I mean redhair looks hot when it's long....I don't know what it is....I just find it hot.....but I don't got anything wrong with blondes or brunettes....cuz I won't turn down a woman because of her hair color...but the logner the hair the better that's all I can say....
 AustinFan
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:45:16 PM
That's just sick...cuz unless your a woman whose got cancer....Bald women just creap me & probably most guys out.
 darlyngirl
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/6/2007 10:20:09 AM
I think any woman who has the guts to shave her head should be admired- that takes self-confidence- and if a woman has a beautiful, well-shaped head and face it will just emphasize that. I would much rather date a man who understands that this is MY hair and I want it to make me feel good about myself- and me feeling good about myself should attract more men than any specific amount of hair.

that's actually one of my new requirements with men- I don't want to ever date a man again who makes me feel guilty for cutting my hair or that I grow it out despite hating what I see in the mirror each morning just to make him happy...
 peach_
Msg: 88
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/6/2007 2:43:33 PM
I love my long hair and amazingly enough although the men like to admire it, so many women have actually come up to me and tell me how beautiful my hair is and can they touch it?

It's not difficult to maintain, but I will admit to it being very hot in the summer months, but even with that said, I can't tell you how wonderful it feels when you feel your hair brush against your back and shoulders when the breeze hits.

I went to get a trim a couple of months ago, my hair was almost to the top of my bum and the hairdresser went and took two inches off instead of giving me that trim I asked for. I couldn't believe how much it bothered me to have that much cut off, no idea of how attached to my hair I had become and how feminine and sexy it makes me feel.

One thing I find tho is when a woman has long hair and it is very thin and in poor shape, meaning lots of broken hair, split ends, when I see that, I think to myself, that woman would look much better with a shorter hair cut, but that's just me, to each his/her own.
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 89
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/19/2007 4:14:19 AM
I think its because of the motion your hair

Yes, I was told guys like the motion of long hair. . . men seem to like watching a woman "play" with her hair while watching her from across the room or while speaking with her, also - moving hair and playing with a long lock of hair while speaking, are all part of the flirting ritual. Any feedback on this guys?
 JWA
Msg: 90
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/19/2007 7:00:42 AM
Hey Dreamer, Msg 225----I contributed this a bit earlier here---thought it might be a good read once again.......................

Women with longer hair tend to play with it more often--and we guys notice that. Longer hair MOVES which we also notice. You'll toss it out of your way, over a shoulder or grab a handful and do something that also catches our eye. Then there's the very cute and way-more-sexy-than-you-can-imagine pony tail under a ball cap!

We like the way it falls around your face and onto your shoulders, how it drops so suggestively in front of your breasts and we wonder if that excites you, too. We like watching you brush or comb it, imagining if you'll ever let us do that for you. Each time we love that it MOVES with you, around you, across you---it just MOVES!

Most of us have seen a naughty movie where an agile woman has assumed control and mounted a lucky man who has the best seat ever for watching her hair. As she moves, so do her long locks. Her motions or the way she tosses her head to one side is one of the most excting things ever from that view---well, the second most exciting just then! We've all imagined ourselves in those very situations and most have acutally experienced it---nothing compares after that first time,

When/if things turn more orally situated then the hair is wonderful to let our fingers play there---while she's otherwise occupied. Just as before when she was in full cowgirl mode we can touch it, playfully tug her towards us, feel it's texture against our hands or just once again watch how it MOVES. If she decides to move in for a kiss we love how her hair falls against our skin, how it smells as she's close to our faces. If we're lucky enough to have broken a sweat with her the aroma of "lovers sweat" is as intoxicating as anything I've ever experienced---talk about a sense of accomplishment!!

In general Ladies it's the fact there is MOVEMENT that we like. Sprayed, gelled, plasterer or otherwise immobilized hair might be attractive in a photo or as an image but that's about it. There's nothing less appealing than touching hair and hearing it crunch like snow under your feet. Those who overly tint or color in hopes of that being untra attractive don't realize there is (for me) a disagreeable crispy or hard texture that results from that. The harsh chemical smell of overly-processed hair is also somewhat of a turn off. Don't start harping that this just isn't so----you become so accustomed to that smell you no longer notice its presence.

Like has already been said the acutual color isn't really that important but natural is always better. Each man has his own preference but that really means a woman with a certain hair color will catch his eye BUT most of us are smart enough to know that alone isn't the only about a woman to enjoy. Just like SOME women's attention will automatically be drawn to a certain physical type of man our attention is similarily drawn to a certain hair color.

But this is just my experience and thoughts..............................

Does that help?
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/19/2007 3:19:17 PM
Some women can look great with short hair. It all depends on the person involved, and their facial structure and hairdresser.

I like shoulder length hair, and colour isn't a priority.

For some deep psychological reason, when a woman "plays" with her hair..... ( Not all the time , though. Too much seems to reduce that effect.)

Taking your index finger and gently brushing her hair out of her eyes to one side - and over one ear....

I think it's one of those "guy things" .
 JWA
Msg: 92
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/19/2007 3:35:04 PM
^^^^Oh yeah that is a guy thing----like we've been admitted into the inner sanctum or something close!

This thread was never meant to be anything other than complimentary to longer hair on women---a celebration of sorts. A shorter style can and often times is just as appealing or sexy so in no way is this meant as dismissing shorter hair. For me it's still about the way it moves which almost always means it's NOT gelled, moussed, sprayed or pasted into place for the sake of being "trendy".

I guess if I'm eventually allowed to touch it the length becomes completely unimportant!!
 derailed
Msg: 93
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/19/2007 5:16:31 PM
Long hair is the way to go,I absolutely love long hair as long as it is well kempt.Brunnettes and red geads all the way,I have nothing against blondes,but give me a brunnette and I will check her out every time.
 ~BOOTS~
Msg: 94
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/21/2007 12:33:58 PM

LONG HAIR rules LOL ......
 ~BOOTS~
Msg: 95
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/21/2007 12:36:30 PM

Long hair is the way to go,I absolutely love long hair as long as it is well kempt.Brunnettes and red geads all the way,I have nothing against blondes,but give me a brunnette and I will check her out every time

lol so that was you DERAILED checking me out....

I think longer hair is more femminine and gives a sexuality and sesnual look that is just not possible for women with short hair...and say no to over doing the hairspray and hair product .no one likes crusty stiff stcky hair of any legnth

it's true though ...long haired brunettes get the most looks and the longest ones..not sure why but I have noticed this time and time again...
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/21/2007 2:18:22 PM

Women with longer hair tend to play with it more often--and we guys notice that. Longer hair MOVES which we also notice. You'll toss it out of your way, over a shoulder or grab a handful and do something that also catches our eye. Then there's the very cute and way-more-sexy-than-you-can-imagine pony tail under a ball cap!

We like the way it falls around your face and onto your shoulders, how it drops so suggestively in front of your breasts and we wonder if that excites you, too. We like watching you brush or comb it, imagining if you'll ever let us do that for you. Each time we love that it MOVES with you, around you, across you---it just MOVES!

Most of us have seen a naughty movie where an agile woman has assumed control and mounted a lucky man who has the best seat ever for watching her hair. As she moves, so do her long locks. Her motions or the way she tosses her head to one side is one of the most excting things ever from that view---well, the second most exciting just then! We've all imagined ourselves in those very situations and most have acutally experienced it---nothing compares after that first time,

When/if things turn more orally situated then the hair is wonderful to let our fingers play there---while she's otherwise occupied. Just as before when she was in full cowgirl mode we can touch it, playfully tug her towards us, feel it's texture against our hands or just once again watch how it MOVES. If she decides to move in for a kiss we love how her hair falls against our skin, how it smells as she's close to our faces. If we're lucky enough to have broken a sweat with her the aroma of "lovers sweat" is as intoxicating as anything I've ever experienced---talk about a sense of accomplishment!!

In general Ladies it's the fact there is MOVEMENT that we like. Sprayed, gelled, plasterer or otherwise immobilized hair might be attractive in a photo or as an image but that's about it. There's nothing less appealing than touching hair and hearing it crunch like snow under your feet. Those who overly tint or color in hopes of that being untra attractive don't realize there is (for me) a disagreeable crispy or hard texture that results from that. The harsh chemical smell of overly-processed hair is also somewhat of a turn off. Don't start harping that this just isn't so----you become so accustomed to that smell you no longer notice its presence.

Like has already been said the acutual color isn't really that important but natural is always better. Each man has his own preference but that really means a woman with a certain hair color will catch his eye BUT most of us are smart enough to know that alone isn't the only about a woman to enjoy. Just like SOME women's attention will automatically be drawn to a certain physical type of man our attention is similarily drawn to a certain hair color.

damn JM are we still on this subject..... stop it your making my knickers wet as usual.... oh sorry that was private email.... my bad

Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/21/2007 2:22:42 PM
jm? oopp-ss sorry babe.... jw babe you know I meant you hehe

can't post a short message message for some reason... so what to say now..... ermmm... why can't I out of interest?

ermmm now what.... long hair ,oh yeah... ermmm damn it is just sexy as hell..... a women flinging her hair back and giving those sexy eye's...damn is it not obvoius long hair is sexier than short?......
 CBREEEZE
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/21/2007 2:35:55 PM
I had no toys as a child---can I play with your hair?…..One of the best pick up lines ever thrown at me….I forgot how much men liked long hair---thanks for reminding me

My hair is long, cork screw curly---yipeeeeeee!
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 99
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/23/2007 8:54:20 PM

Yikes !! JWA thanks for sharing just a tad too discriptive . . . . ya think??
Day-umm!!
 JWA
Msg: 100
Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/25/2007 4:59:36 AM

Yikes !! JWA thanks for sharing just a tad too discriptive . . . . ya think??
Day-umm!!

No, I don't think that's "too discriptive" (descriptive) at all Dreamer! It's just my experience and thoughts----thought that was what these forums are about???

Chuckle away but you yourself are quite appealing and have some wonderful here yourself!!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Women with LONG HAIR