Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WindRoper
Msg: 35
How to Celebrate the Holidays when in a new relationshipPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Whew! I'm so glad this is our second holiday season together.

I invited him to join my family for Thanksgiving last year. This year cousins came from out of state and we had a huge gathering at my house the day after turkey day. He coped pretty well. LOL!

Neither of our families gather together on Christmas Day because our obligations seem to multiply with each marriage/divorce, grown children entering relationships and collecting in-laws, etc. So we had 'Christmas' separately with our families but spent actual Christmas together quietly. My girls and I always celebrate on Christmas Eve because their father's birthday is 12/25. His family celebrates Christmas about a week before so all are free meet other obligations on 12/25. So it looks like our practices in this regard will mesh... but I am kinda tweakin over what to give his mother and sons.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 36
How to Celebrate the Holidays when in a new relationship
Posted: 11/13/2011 9:59:05 AM
i think both parties should discuss it
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:56:37 PM
Hang lots of mistletoe.

Greeneyesand501s
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/20/2011 5:39:58 PM
Hahaha moraima,
Very much agreed. G.M.T.A. I see.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/21/2012 7:40:20 PM
I stopped accepting new dates mid-November just for this reason...and 4 me, I could relax & enjoy the Holiday Season...
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/21/2012 8:33:46 PM
Did you do that 3 years ago too when you started this thread?? I'm sure we're all too busy to accept a date in December...are we that pathetic?
 barra62
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/21/2012 9:52:16 PM
Why worry about Christmas ?
Just stay home , and stay in bed .
Couldn't think of a nicer way to spend the first Christmas together.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:44:50 PM

Did you do that 3 years ago too when you started this thread?? I'm sure we're all too busy to accept a date in December...are we that pathetic?

Speak 4 urself...
 Walts
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/22/2012 8:21:56 AM

If one is middle aged & in a new relationship, how does one handle a holiday such as Christmas

Booze. Usually whiskey but, because of the season, rum works too. And food. I like food. And since I'm into the liking part, a little(or a lot) of good raunchy body fluid swapping wouldn't hurt my feelings either. Don't worry about fancy dancy Christmas wrapping paper either. It's gonna end up in the recycling bin anyways.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/22/2012 9:10:41 AM

Booze. Usually whiskey but, because of the season, rum works too. And food. I like food. And since I'm into the liking part, a little(or a lot) of good raunchy body fluid swapping wouldn't hurt my feelings either. Don't worry about fancy dancy Christmas wrapping paper either. It's gonna end up in the recycling bin anyways.

So in other words, just show up naked (bow optional) with booze? Lol

...mae
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/22/2012 5:02:40 PM
^^^^^^^^^yea & marinate urself in the booze, so he can enjoy 2 treats in one (like doublemint gum, LOL)
I just made "Xmas Crack" was so easy, by the time Dec-26 comes, I will barely be able to fit into my socks, LOL
 spontaneousguy2
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/23/2012 12:29:11 AM
I think it would be best to go with the flow.. Just be yourself and be prepared for anything.. but just take it as it comes..
As far as gifts for the kids go, and assuming they are teenagers... maybe a funny card with an iTunes voucher or something similar... Keep it up your sleeve.... :)

Best of luck for the festive season!
 MsMicki
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2012 1:41:37 PM
This is my first Christmas with my guy....so it's still all about sex! LOL

He will celebrate with his family......me with mine.......as we aren't really to the mingling of families stage yet.

but he will be here tonight for Christmas Eve and it will be the first time I've woke up with some on Christmas morning in many years and I must say I'm quite looking forward to it!!

The fact he bought my dog a present is boding very well with me......:)
 LuvADKs
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/24/2012 4:34:23 PM

I avoid starting new relationships in November or December. The holidays put too much pressure on newbies .

Same here. Too much going on this time of year to add a relationship into the mix.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2012 5:11:25 PM
I just had my new bf here for Christmas with all my family. He came to support me and told me so. I dont see them often, but for some reason its always at my house. It was nice having him there, I wanted to share that time with him, and it went pretty well. We are pretty mellow people.. so there was no real worry.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/26/2012 4:43:28 PM

I avoid starting new relationships in November or December. The holidays put too much pressure on newbies.

And when it comes time for a Christmas present??? Is it Home Depot or Victoria's Secret? That's always been my dilemna.
 MsMicki
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2012 8:09:32 AM

And when it comes time for a Christmas present??? Is it Home Depot or Victoria's Secret? That's always been my dilemna. .

Both!! I love a man that can cater to both sides of me...the practical and the sensual!!
 Sunfire1959
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/28/2012 10:36:11 PM
My relationship is fairly new, so we spent Christmas Day with our own families, seeing each other almost daily otherwise since we live so close by. Being our first major holiday, we didn't get gifts for each other this year, but if we are together next year, I am sure we will. Right now anything I would get him would probably be so generic it would have little meaning and it would just be the thought that counts. Just wait til next year!
 KneadyOne
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/4/2013 10:00:11 PM
Seems everyone is focused on the gift giving part of Christmas in a new relationship. To me, the bigger issue is which of you gives up time with your own family in deference to your new mate? Is your time with your parents or children more important than my time with mine? DO we each have to cut our time in half?? Do we go to Midnight Mass at your parents church or mine?? Do we spend New Years Eve in Miami or Detroit?? And it's so much more complicated when you start dragging kids all over town doing power visits.

For those of us who still have young kids; just how many more Chrstmas mornings do you think you'll have with them?? And for those of us who still have parents; how many more of those??

As I see it, and this is only MY opinion, shame on me if I allow someone to pull me away from my family, and shame on the person who pressures their s/o to ignore their obligations to their own family.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/6/2013 1:57:02 PM
The holidays for me is about giving. Whether its my time or presents, it is still giving. So the hardest part is making it work.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/6/2013 2:01:13 PM

Both!! I love a man that can cater to both sides of me...the practical and the sensual!!

To bad DeWalt or PorteCable doesnt make a vibrator along with a battery operated drill. Wouldn't that be a cool gift package? Tools for the sensual and practical all in one package. And can share the batteries too.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/6/2013 2:02:47 PM
If a man has no time or $ for his woman @ the Holidays, it is very telling how he views her & the relationship, it also tells me he is selfish & not into her!
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/6/2013 2:06:50 PM
I'd think the main issue is what the length of the relationship is. Typically if I'm not in one before Thanksgiving, I don't really focus on finding someone, just too many issues involved, too complicated etc. But if I have been seeing someone prior to tthat, and all is well. I'll make it work, somehow.
 LuvADKs
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/6/2013 4:18:11 PM
^^^^ Agree ^^^^

Typically I'm not looking to start a relationship or date anyone new once it gets to be mid-November. I can't speak for anyone else, but between end-of-year activities at work (AKA 50+ hour work-weeks), family commitments, and getting ready for Christmas, there is precious little "free" time.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/7/2013 1:12:02 AM
.......go to Aspen...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >