Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chelle18
Msg: 167
can men fall in love after a couple weeks???Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
am guys can i meet this guy on here like in march and we are getting married in october so ya go for it
 burl_guy
Msg: 168
can men fall in love after a couple weeks???
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:28:57 PM
Be careful, Learn the difference between LOVE and INFACTUATION, they are two differnt things totally, I highly recomend you do your own studies from the internet regarding these two isssues
 fuzzle
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:53:50 PM
In MARCH????? Like as in last month????.... or last year?????
 dannyr0697
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 6:39:30 AM

In MARCH????? Like as in last month????....or last year???

Since this thread is about falling in love after a couple of weeks.......

I've found that sometimes these instant bonfires burn out way too quick.
IE; didn't take long to build, won't last long. Not always true. Just an observation.

L8TR
 Mistress M
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 10:46:03 AM
Absolutely not true in all cases. Relationships fail because people stop trying to build on them. They are not self-sustaining, so regardless of how you met and how soon or long it took to fall in love , you can never become complacent. Some flings are enormously intense and then die, but then again so do long term marriages.
 rsgrant
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/15/2007 10:49:53 AM
i think that anyone can fall in something after a couple of weeks. Just becareful how fast you go and how much you are willing to give. It is possible but I myself would hate to fall in a pile of SH_T!
 Electriclynn
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/15/2007 11:03:28 AM
To quote weight lifting common knowledge - Men have great strength (testosterone), but women had longevity (estrogen). Men need to learn to control themselves and women need to learn to gently keep the boat in the water - which takes strength of character.

No harm in taking your time. I know a quick game seems good, but it is the long and thoughtful game of chess that is most respected.

Good luck with that one - since you seem unsure - I will beg of you - break him gently so not to bruise if this is how it plays out for you.
 mystique-elle
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/16/2007 5:20:55 PM
Ok, it all depends... If you are drop dead gorgeous could be total infuation..on the otherhand, if you are plain and have lots in common it could possibly be *love* just keep your guard up.. of course it can go either way... just becareful and have fun and get to know each other before anything else..
Friend of mine very professional quite plain was engaged within 2 weeks after she met someone from a dating site... however, 4 years later she is happily married.. with the same guy... still madly in love...cool huh!?
Just remember that sometimes they might want to get inside your pants.. so, my advice to you .. listen to the gut (instinct) and do not get caught with your pants down.

Good Luck and all the best.. Hope it works out for you!
 ab_qt
Msg: 176
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:21:46 PM
After afew short weeks, I'd say it's lust not love.
 blahblah101
Msg: 177
Posted: 4/16/2007 7:14:15 PM
Dont know OP,

call the psychic hotline. I think its

1(900)big-buks :D
 Stephanos Primus
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2007 7:32:43 PM
I think to answer the question about whether people (this is not just about men, really) can fall in love within two weeks, there has to be some sort of common agreement about what love is. You can certainly feel an overwhelming headiness upon just meeting someone… it’s rare, but it’s happened to me a couple of times. Is that love? You can feel very strong warmth spreading through you, even after a few days, whenever you talk to or think about a certain person. Is that love? You can feel amazement and relief wash over you to have come across someone who “gets you”… who seems to feel the same as you do about life and love. Is that love? Personally speaking, I’m not sure you can truly love someone without knowing them, and the logical extension of that is this: I’m not sure how well you can get to know someone in two weeks.
 blahblah101
Msg: 179
Posted: 4/16/2007 9:51:24 PM
More of my opinionated garbage.

Dont know if its easy 2 fall in love in 2 wks or not. But I do know, its easy 2 think Uve fallen in luv in 2wks.Time will tell.

Time will tell.
heaven or hell.
Whether we rise,or fall.
Soon or late.
We meet our fate.
Destiny finds one and all.
 Stephanos Primus
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 4:47:50 AM

Friend of mine very professional quite plain was engaged within 2 weeks after she met someone from a dating site... however, 4 years later she is happily married.. with the same guy... still madly in love...cool huh!?
I love hearing stories like this, and they're so rare. There seems little question this couple is in love now, but the root question remains... were they in love within the first couple of weeks? I'm going to stick my neck out and say "no"... that they didn't know each other well enough to be. They apparently had all kinds of reasons to stay together, and grew to love each in the process, but for every couple like this you hear about, there are hundreds more who started out in exactly the same way... but where things did not end well. So were none of those hundreds actually in love within the first two weeks? Or is it more likely that no one is [italic]really[/italic] in love that quickly, but that every so often fate smiles on a couple, and the match is perfect enough within that first two weeks that they can want to stay together long enough to get to know each other, and that they fall deeply in love in the process?
 likes2snuggle
Msg: 182
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:54:14 AM

you cant put time limits or restrictions on love, just follow your heart and let it flow naturally, the more you try to make it work the less it will xxx

Very well written/spoken - and it's true.
 Titian
Msg: 183
Posted: 4/17/2007 9:37:06 AM
WELL GOSH I TALK TO A GUY FOR 5 MINUTES AND HES IN LOVE.... ...WHATEVA.....VAL HAS LEFT THE BUILDING...LOL,,,, ,,,,
 mystique-elle
Msg: 184
Posted: 4/17/2007 11:06:07 AM
Titian you say:
WELL GOSH I TALK TO A GUY FOR 5 MINUTES AND HES IN LOVE.... ..

Ok, this is mental/crazy talk...this a dating site... and, a free one at that in other words.. *free nuts* you get the good, the bad and the very butt ugly
Hey, some of them even claim to have seen Elvis others plan their death with the new person that they have just met *wow* how romantic LOL... *use good judgement in every situation*

Take care,
 Winstonkid
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 11:24:01 AM
Honey!

U can't give enough to a man to make him committ that quick to eternity.................Whats up with your head!!!!!!!

Hey Man! You guys know this is no B*ll Sh*t so don't be liars.............Help the girl out here!!!!

mg1959
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 1:09:49 PM
I would have to say that this is different for different types of people. It also goes both ways (male and female).

The only thing is, if you give it a try and it doesn't work out, be nice to each other.
 generation_t
Msg: 187
Posted: 4/20/2007 2:11:35 PM

In my opinion, love is something that develops over time. I don't believe in love at first sight. Love is something that comes during the trials and tribulations during a relationship. In the beginning the emotions are based more on a lust and a natural chemistry between two people. I guess you can fall into like or fall into lust with someone within a couple of weeks. As for love, that only comes in time.

Touche and well said!

~G.T.
 Kengne
Msg: 188
how long is a couple of weeks?
Posted: 4/20/2007 3:45:17 PM
i think yes - a man can fall in love in a few weeks (however long you define it), but you have to be careful of hmmm.. what (about you) is he falling in love WITH? i think it takes more than a few weeks to truly know a person to say YES - I love X and Y about this person. So I'm SKEPTICALLLLLLLLL but I will not say it's impossible.

K.
 mg1959
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 3:57:29 PM
Yes, maybe this should be changed to a few weeks.
 mystique-elle
Msg: 190
Posted: 4/21/2007 10:25:58 AM
How do I use the *quote* thingie.... do not want people thinking I am saying things when I don't ... lol
 Ranger14
Msg: 191
Posted: 4/21/2007 10:40:11 AM

How do I use the *quote* thingie.... do not want people thinking I am saying things when I don't ... lol

I tried to email you, but your profile won't allow messages outside of Canada. To quote you put the word quote between [ ] before the text you are quoting and then after the text you put /quote between [ ]
 MaleMontrealer
Msg: 192
Posted: 5/2/2007 10:41:44 PM
Call me a sucker - But ya - I think so. It's rare ..... but sometimes it just kicks in - there is nothing stopping it - it can and does happen ;) Don't get me wrong - I know about the freaks out there - but sometimes ........ It just happens ;) I guess it depends on the couple, the attraction, and how much is expressed in a short time period. But - It does happen ;) Just my opinion :) B-Good :)
 shortnsosweet1
Msg: 193
Posted: 5/2/2007 11:46:59 PM
"In my opinion, love is something that develops over time. I don't believe in love at first sight. Love is something that comes during the trials and tribulations during a relationship. In the beginning the emotions are based more on a lust and a natural chemistry between two people. I guess you can fall into like or fall into lust with someone within a couple of weeks. As for love, that only comes in time."

Epiphany27,
I agree with you 100%. Attraction is a great thing to start out with, but you better have something in common with them. When you grow old together that moves to the top of the list. My parents were married really quick back in 1941, when they passed away it was at the 61 year mark. They were best friends and all that goes with it....and still "In Love" when they passed away. Can you imagine your fella still looking at you like you are 18 when you are 8o? My Dad did when he looked at my Mom. I want a Love like that!
People give up easier now than they did back then, it's better to get to know what the person is really like...for the sake of your future. Not everyone can be as blessed as my parents were. Guess that's why we are here..............................
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >