Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bigshrek
Msg: 457
How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?Page 25 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Noah, I suggest you re-read the handgun rules of Canada, if anyone has the proper license, they can own a handgun. There are, however, very FEW of those permits issued and those who carry usually have very legitimate reason to.

The list of Canadian banned weapons is LONG and varied, they wrongly classify many high-capacity semi-auto weapons as "Assault Weapons" when they are only the aforementioned. An assault weapon is a fully automatic machine gun. To call anything that is lesser that is a misnomer and improper use of the appelation. I'm sorry, but a .22-caliber semi-auto Skorpion pistol with a 30 round clip is just not an assault weapon...might be to a RABBIT...or a family of Squirrel...but that's about it.

There are stupid rules in the states as well...California actually banned the very weapons that the Olympic Team uses for pistol & rifle matches...COME ON!! How stupid can you get??? For that reason alone (other than earthquakes, floods, mud, & fires) I'd never set foot in that state again nor do I spend money with companies that reside in California. They can bite my big furry butt.
 namebob5
Msg: 460
How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:38:14 PM
A woman or man might have the best gun in the world but they haven't been trained to pull the trigger against someone else. It's just another one of those things to give you the illusion that you are safe, just like car alarms.
 xeot
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:44:50 PM

Handguns are illegal in Canada. Citizens are not allowed to possess handguns...or automatic weapons. So if she had either, I'd safely exit and tell the authorities, no one needs a psycho, planning crazy shit. There is too much violence in Toronto as is, not only are prisons full of violent offenders

Firearms are illegal for one and only one reason, to give the state, the government, the upper hand over the people. It reinforces the state's monopoly on legal violence. The government doesn't want people independent or able to fight back. Governments are by the greatest killers of all. How many people has the US government killed in Iraq alone? How many millions of people have governments killed in their prisons, their camps, their purges?

Street criminals, terrorists, etc aren't a real threat if one looks at the numbers. It's like getting hit by lightning and government cannot stop them from being armed nor does it want to because it exploits the fear.

By being a tattle-tale, you enable the state. It's rather like the soviet union or any other tyranny where neighbors and friends turn each other in for non-crimes like having certain objects or opinions.

You seem concerned about the poor. Government interventions, government controls only result in making people poorer in the long run. Government has nothing but what it takes from people. It's interferences in the economy result in shortages, inflation, and other horrors. Government doesn't want an educated population any more than it wants an armed one. Educated people will see the scams that are being run for what they are.

All governments turn bad eventually. And before anyone says how do you fight, remember this:

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have
been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make
an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to
say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for
example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city,
people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at
every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but
had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the
downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers,
pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly
have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding
all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!
If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more . we had no
awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved
everything that happened afterward." - Solzhenitsyn
 bigshrek
Msg: 462
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:21:02 PM
Very few Americans would give a 3-yr old a gun...fewer still would properly train that child. But consider that many world cultures ARE training their 3-yr olds with guns...and most of them are in the Middle East and Africa. Should I post some lovely pics of 6-yr old girls being trained to fire automatic rifles in Palestine?

I'm quite happy just teaching my kid martial arts right now...it's a reasonable discipline for ages 3-10. Given that the chances of him needing to fire a gun in the next few years are slim, I'm not going down that road unless a major SHTF occurs.

When the time comes, he will learn the way of the gun...military style. The discipline he learns now from the martial arts and archery will serve him well in years to come. It is the duty of those who choose the way of the sword to prepare our children well for the future. Not only as warriors, but also as artists and poets. Everyone has to fight for something...sooner or later.
 bigshrek
Msg: 465
Posted: 7/19/2008 6:11:46 AM
GLock... You ain't right!
 antonioIII
Msg: 467
Posted: 7/27/2008 8:10:52 PM
all women should have a gun, if more of them hand guns, and rapists deaths were on the rise, it could send a very strong message out there to predators.......if some guy raped my sister........i'd kill him.......no hesitation..........those men disgust me.. i'm taking her to classes so she knows how to use my 9mm........an educated person who knows how to handle one, yields the comfort of confidene in her safety.
 staffycrackers
Msg: 471
Posted: 7/29/2008 10:50:01 AM
This is a non-issue. If someone has a problem with a woman, or anyone for that matter, owning a gun then they're leftwing pansies who think the police will actually protect them when some maniac is busting down your door!

If a woman owns a gun then that's great! That means she can come with me to the range and she doesn't have to use my guns!
 staffycrackers
Msg: 475
Posted: 7/31/2008 10:19:19 AM
Guns are like this...

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I hope I never have to use my gun on someone to protect myself or family. I'm a lover not a fighter, but if it is necessary for the welfare of myself and those I love then let it be known I will not hesitate for a split second on putting two hollow points in some gun or knife wielding maniac's chest.
 Ronery1234
Msg: 476
Posted: 7/31/2008 1:10:35 PM
Wouldnt bother me if it got mentioned casually at any point after meeting them. Unless it was immediatly after greeting
Me: Hi!
Girl: Hi
Me: What's up?
Girl: Well I just got done cleaning my gun now I want to find something to eat

That might be a little wierd
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 477
Posted: 7/31/2008 1:55:10 PM

Wouldnt bother me if it got mentioned casually at any point after meeting them. Unless it was immediatly after greeting
Me: Hi!
Girl: Hi
Me: What's up?
Girl: Well I just got done cleaning my gun now I want to find something to eat

That might be a little wierd
...only if you didn't ask what caliber, what cleaning technique, and what she wanted to eat.
 bigshrek
Msg: 480
Posted: 8/1/2008 8:34:14 PM
Why purchase anything if you can't KEEP it :)

LE gets all sorts of wonderful deals...advance your thinking in that direction :) Most of the time all it takes is sending in a copy of your police ID...

Invest in a Class 3 license, as an officer, it'd be EASY to get :) If naught else, you can make a fortune buying & selling Class 3's.
 staffycrackers
Msg: 483
Posted: 8/2/2008 12:11:40 PM
If you can't afford to purchase fully autos... it's pretty easy to modify a semi auto yourself
 deere rancher
Msg: 484
Posted: 8/2/2008 2:33:02 PM
thats what we all need gunpowder and menopause
 bigshrek
Msg: 486
Posted: 8/3/2008 6:15:53 AM
the vast majority of former/current military love to date gals with guns...they've been trained to use them and don't have any fear of them...just the proper respect due to a dangerous tool...much like a chainsaw...it'll bite you if you aren't properly in control of it.

It's kind of like dating cops...some men fear them, some men love them...it's all in how you were brought up. I prefered female Marines...you gotta luv a gal that'll back you up inna barroom brawl...or start one....

Plus if you get bored she can help you take over a small foreign country
 Irespire
Msg: 491
Posted: 8/3/2008 10:41:50 AM
I think it's pretty cool. Going to the shooting range is one of the things I'd like to do. Plus, maybe I could learn a thing or two, and get one for myself
 staffycrackers
Msg: 492
Posted: 8/3/2008 12:44:08 PM
Glock22Shooter...

Sure the average person can do it. All you need is an AK-47 and a twist tie

Watch this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQnprvLJ8Y

Also check this out...

http://www.hackcanada.com/ice3/misc/ak47mod.txt

Here's another site that has other people's experiences and knowledge in doing this...

http://www.homeabc.net/Do-It-Yourself/3237-Do-It-Yourself.html

God I love the AK-47! One of the most versatile and widely used weapon on the planet... and they're cheap!
 bigshrek
Msg: 493
Posted: 8/3/2008 3:59:51 PM
^^^ there are special rules governing true Automatic weaponry.

There are no rules YET reguarding "Bump-Fire" tactics. As long as the weapon is ONLY capable of One shot per Single Pull of the Trigger, it's legal. If you pull a trigger once and two or more bullets come out, that qualifies it as an illegal "Machine Gun" and is subject to state & federal laws...none of which take a kindly view to it.

You can use a thick rubber band to use the "Bump-Fire" technique, which for all intents & purposes, sounds just like Automatic Fire, but because it is One Pull for One Bullet, it's legal. Most gun ranges Prohibit the practice, so you pretty much are stuck in private ranges or outdoors in secure locations. It's also not very accurate, but when you throw that much lead downrange, you are bound to hit SOMETHING.

There is a wonderful book that should be REQUIRED READING for every gun owner. It's called, "Quick and Fancy Revolver Shooting"...by Ed McGivern. You can learn to shoot a revolver as fast as many Fully Automatic weapons with time & effort.

High-capacity weapons are quite fun, and automatics are VERY enjoyable...but I really prefer that those who get to play with full-auto weapons be either cops or military, former or present...or at least hot chix in bikini's
 staffycrackers
Msg: 494
Posted: 8/3/2008 9:04:03 PM
"High-capacity weapons are quite fun, and automatics are VERY enjoyable...but I really prefer that those who get to play with full-auto weapons be either cops or military, former or present...or at least hot chix in bikini's"

I'd trust myself way before trusting any of those people with automatic weapons. ... especially the hot chix in bikinis
 Ignoble
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 9:06:49 PM
Right away. Good lord think of men as some kind of non-reactive chemical or what not... women are like... nitroglycerin ok? Would you give something that unstable such a dangerous weapon. ^_^ Id like to know beforehand so I don't... like... tell her I dont like her shoes then have her shoot me in the ass.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 496
Posted: 8/4/2008 2:22:07 AM

Depends upon whether she was happy to see me or not! lol
 bigshrek
Msg: 497
Posted: 8/5/2008 3:19:44 PM
" A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity "
Sigmund Freud

bodylove36
Msg: 500
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 3:23:08 PM
I took gun self defense and loved it. Don't pull a gun UNLESS u intend on using it. I was trainned to kill in self defense, and not be the one to go down but them.
 kane stays
Msg: 501
Posted: 8/13/2008 5:26:05 PM
How do you feel about a woman with a gun, military training and a pitbull?
 nikinikaia
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 5:55:19 PM
People have guns for a multitude of reasons - protection, sport shooting, hunting, collecting, etc.

Personally, mine were for hunting, vermin control, protection, and skill shots. Several years back I used to instruct people on how to properly handle, maintain and shoot handguns.

Now, since I've moved back to the city, they lay in their cases, get cleaned 2-3x a year and are never shot. I have a .380 beretta, a .22 short pig rifle, and a 22-220 scoped rifle. Would I get rid of them? No...I'll keep them until my grandson is old enough to decide if he is interested. If he is, then I'll teach him how to handle them properly and teach him to shoot.

My perspective, I wouldn't be seeking someone who doesn't have an open mind about life and the choices that are in it. As with anything you do in life, if you do it responsibly stupid things are less likely to happen. So telling the gentleman who chooses to become part of my life would be a no brainer.

The old saying "Guns don't kill people, people use guns to kill people"
 hamtaro
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 7:21:01 PM
Can she field strip it blindfolded? :D
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >