Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IOEnter
Msg: 148
view profile
History
How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?Page 3 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
In a civilian environment I always thought that a firearm in a hostile situation may result in minimum force.

The reason being that I would have had to use my hands if no measure of force or conflict resolution where available.

Think for yourself, with hand to hand/gun situations, the proximity and timing as well as your margin of error is crucial for defense.

With a firearm you/they may have a second chance, with your hands you decidedly may not, and may have to alter your aggressor health permanently.

Having a firearm increases your chances, or that of your opponents for survival.

On a lighter note, I would not mind to add my cannon to her collection.
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 152
How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?
Posted: 1/4/2008 2:47:21 AM
Scared for my life.
 CarolyneJ
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/5/2008 2:30:53 AM
It's evident that there's a Great Divide between the American gun mentality, and other western nations like the UK and Canada.
 CarolyneJ
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/6/2008 5:56:19 PM
There is a difference between recreational use, and someone packing a gun in their car or purse. Really.
 Wpnstroop
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/12/2008 3:38:49 PM
It would just be another point in common. I would love it.
 tenderheart4790
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 11:22:26 AM
I am retired Law-enforcement/corrections. I would no more give up my guns than my hand or eye. But, I also believe not everyone, man or woman should have a gun. They have to be willing and able to use them and care for them properly and safely. When I say willing, I mean if you point that gun at a bad guy you better be prepared to pull the trigger.
 oggers
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 12:11:55 PM
How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN and PMT ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeek !
 Sauder
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/15/2008 4:43:31 PM
If she can handle a weapon of certain destruction with coolness and ability SURE why not? That is so sexy too!

Less bad guys for my Kungfu to have to handle.

But if she drinks or does drugs or is hot tempered... she gets a spoon!
 that sam i am
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/15/2008 5:10:03 PM
o/~ Janie's got a Gun o/~
 Dave405
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/17/2008 5:15:54 AM
Its awesome to think of women or anyone having a gun permit and having a legally concealed weapon because they are showing forethought and are being proactive when it comes to thier saftety.

Lawless people will carry whatever they want wherever they want regardless of the law and i believe if more law abiding people had completed traing,had thier permit and carried a gun that things would be alot safer because there are far more good people in the world than bad and so it would hopefully make the bad people reconsider thier actions.
 bigshrek
Msg: 175
Posted: 1/17/2008 4:23:49 PM
That she's marriage material. Most women I've met that enjoy guns have level heads and don't tend to be as illogical as "regular" women. Give me a Female Marine with a bad attitude and a S.A.W. anyday!!

Be a friend to the world, bump off an airheaded blonde.

Take a bite out of crime...just shoot the **stards

At least you know where you stand when you're dating a Marine gal...two steps back & off to the left ya don't get hit with empty shell casings that way
 jed456
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2008 7:42:03 PM
I own several rifles for target shooting on occasion I could care less,to me there are a lot more important things in the world then do you own a gun.Now if we go to her place and it looks like a survivalist bunker I'm out of there.
 bigshrek
Msg: 180
Posted: 1/19/2008 11:50:59 AM
Men who are afraid of women with guns are usually the ones that need to be shot.
 bigshrek
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/20/2008 3:29:00 AM

I know people say, yeah they're just for hunting, yeah, they're just for protection, etc, yeah, I have training in use of a weapon, etc. I don't care. All the training in the world goes flying out the door when someone loses their temper, get enraged (or drunk) and pulls it out in heat.

Um, nawp. The one time I lost my temper I broke both the guy's arms for beating his wife in public...I think that's excuseable...and so did the judge. Besides, shooting civilians requires so much paperwork...gah. That alone's enough keep one from using a gun on a human.

On the other hand if my Uncle Sam calls me and tells me to wipe some poor **stards off the face of the earth, I'm more than happy to pick up my toys and go play. It's all in the attitude...training...civilians act stupid, very few military people go bananas and start shooting holes in indiscriminante things. (except those fawkin jarheads)

It's not the well-trained people you have to worry about...it's the fawker that stole a gun and is about to rob yer azz that's going to be nervous and screw up by shooting you accidently...or the wife that found out that you've been cheating on her for five years...if you have the misfortune to live in a trailer park, it might very well be the drunken pissed-off redneck who's angry because you ran over his dog...if yer gonna generalize, get it right!!
 SwtSuthrnGrl
Msg: 190
Necessity
Posted: 1/21/2008 2:47:41 AM
In this day & time I feel having a pistol with me is a necessity. My kids hunt. I'm newly single & usually alone driving. I have a permit to carry the gun. It's fully loaded & on the seat beside me. It's very rural here & I grew up with the doors unlocked day & night. But this is another time. I have double locks on all doors. I carry my pistol & would not hesitate to use it if I knew for a fact that someone had cruel intentions. And I don't mean hurt them. I mean put them out of MY misery. I will protect myself and my family or for that matter anyone that would be in the position of someone trying to cause them deadly harm. Like we say. I don't play games. I'm sweet, petite, and mean business. This only applies to someone who really means to harm me. I have metal with their name on it and probably would unload it on them if attacked.
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 191
The morality of disarming GOOD people
Posted: 1/21/2008 11:18:02 AM
Anyone who would prevent another from owning or carrying the best possible means of defense is morally bankrupt.

The people who you really don't want to have them are carrying them around all the time, nor will they give them up even with an all-out ban.

Gun bans are only effective in disarming those who would follow such a law, and they're not a problem!
All the fear-mongering over people having guns has proven to be pure BS.

Those who rely solely on others (police) to save them in case of attack are delusional about what the police are paid to do. You certainly can't sue them whenever they fail to protect you (its been tried).
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/21/2008 11:30:16 AM

Re: Kenasaw, GA

Laws requiring people to own firearms are just as unethical as laws prohibiting gun ownership.

Look at the law. You'll see Kenasaw's law has an exception for those who are morally opposed or legally prohibited.

How about we pass the same type of gun prohibition? You know, with an exception for those opposed to the ban? Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it?
... oh wait, that's how things effectively are now!
 Landsknecht
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/22/2008 1:57:44 AM
I wouldn't feel much of anything either way. I would make the assumption that she probably has at least a somewhat independant personality, which is nice but true for most people, and not think much more about it.
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 194
Posted: 1/22/2008 10:25:21 AM
Kenasaw's law has an exception for those who are morally opposed or legally prohibited.

In other words, it's pretty much the same as it would be if the law didn't exist in the first place.

Correct.
The intended message sent by Kenashaw's law is that people are not going to wait for someone else to save them in case of trouble; they have the means to defend against those who would take from them. Those who would rather rely on the police showing up in time are still free to do so.

Also, you will find that people who advocate freedom where firearms are concerned are also advocates for freedom and liberty in general.

Historically, governments have been the greatest threat (by far!) to life and liberty. A very committed & successful mass murderer can kill a few dozen people. Every time millions were killed it has been through the direct actions of their own government.
 bigshrek
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/22/2008 12:41:14 PM
like Joe whatsisface in texas who shot the two thugs that were robbing his neighbor's home (Good Work!!) showed that having a gun & knowing how to use it in a combat situation can be invaluable. There are MANY clubs & groups that focus on how to use a weapon in combat...the IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Assoc) for one is a wonderful organization that has helped many to keep safe. Properly trained people are LESS likely to fly off the handle and just blast some poor goofball...on the other hand, they are MORE likely to blast some bleephole that's molesting their kids, trying to rob/rape someone and that's AS IT SHOULD BE!

I personally think that child molesters should never go to prison, just let us use them as range targets...we'll solve their recidivism rate Real Quick and provide a valuable ballistics lesson at the same time.
 Ignoble
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 10:02:58 PM
RE: First post.

Well... I cant really say. If you're an emotional, drama oriented woman... ya better tell me right the hell off the bat. Because women like that dont know how to take anything seriously and a gun is definitely something you should.

Otherwise I dont see why it has to come up at all...
 bigshrek
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/25/2008 8:22:48 PM
^^^ It's just a plot to drag you in!!
 BGSU
Msg: 201
Posted: 1/26/2008 11:41:57 PM
BY By!!!

Some women are crazy (of course, some men are too).
Just don't want to get into that situation.
 bigshrek
Msg: 203
Posted: 2/2/2008 4:26:37 AM
Bloody heck...I tried to post a thread about my current favorite cartridge and it got nuked by members...a bit of the anti-gun crowd around here...
It's a shame one can't post about guns in the sports section...it's a viable sport.
 bigshrek
Msg: 204
Posted: 2/3/2008 2:18:25 PM
Laura Croft...would you date her?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >