Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gollfrr22
Msg: 257
How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?Page 5 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
SCARED TO PISS HER OFF !
 bigshrek
Msg: 258
How would you feel about a WOMAN with a GUN?
Posted: 3/9/2008 6:15:00 PM
Example, in the sports section, dang near every shooting thread has been nuked without ANY reason why. It's not that there isn't enough interest, there was a thread that passed the 10 vote parameter and STILL got nuked for indeterminate reasons.

Legal Gun Owners make up about half of the US population. Australian and Canadian gun owners are VERY cautious about how they handle their weapons as well. I can't see the problem with just chatting about how to repair a split stock, how to fix a feed problem or any other type of LEGAL gun talk. I'd have no problem at all with them nuking chats about how to convert semi-autos into full-autos...that at least makes sense. But nuking anything that isn't patently anti-gun at first asking is pretty sad.

Oh well, at least there are other forums for gun chat...on other sites...
 Prairiephotos
Msg: 260
Posted: 3/9/2008 7:40:49 PM
Most of the women I have dated are gun owners. I don't know many people who do not have guns.
 bodylove36
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:26:57 PM
Well, I took gun self defense so I don't feel I need to tell anyone until he is my bf. If u tell then He will be prepared if he is going to rape u or attact u. I was taught don't pull it unless your going to use it because someone is going to die. I was told not to let it be me to die.
 bodylove36
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:28:33 PM
I trained with a 357 and boy was my target's BEAUTIFUL - I blowed them away.
 bodylove36
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:30:25 PM
Well, when something bad happens u will have a back up to protect your family. Take trainning and u won't be scarred. I'm scared of people with guns that r stupid in the way they handle them.
 bodylove36
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:33:05 PM
It's not the drug dealers to worry about it's the people who want to rape u and rob u and beat u. Drug dealers which i'm against r protecting themselfs so they don't get robbed. I took gun self defense. Someone pulls a gun on me, they r going down on the first site of pulling the gun. I didn't pay all that money and take trainning for them to kill me.
 bodylove36
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:48:24 PM
I feel meeting guys from the net woman should carry one. I was attacted in the park by a guy from the net and I did a police report. I hit him so hard that I pushed him away and he fell on the ground and got up and jumped in his truck. I told him later he is lucky I didn't have a gun with me because his ass would been dead. He tried to take my top off as were were walking. He turned to me really fast and shoved his hands under my shirt and with force pushed my top and my bra way over my shoulders -thank God I had on a jean jacket that kept him from doing it.
 bodylove36
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:52:48 PM
Like the saying goes,well, my saying-lol................... treat everyone as if they have a weapon. If more men thought that way, there would be less rapes or attacks. My dad -beat me as a teenager and kid, my first husband and second husband beat me........They all 3 tried to kill me at some point.............. They r lucky to be alive. The next one won't be so lucky because he will get what the others should have gotten. I put my 2nd husband in jail all the time. The judge said one more time he would get 5 to 10 years in prison for beating me. I play no games. I put it in the laws hands.
 bodylove36
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:54:16 PM
I'm like your daughter. I hear a noise I go see what it is.
 bigshrek
Msg: 269
Posted: 3/17/2008 1:01:32 PM
I think all females should receive a nice concealable and take the CCW course upon reaching age 15. There would be FAR LESS rapes that way. Dang near solve the whole issue...
 WokkaWokka
Msg: 270
Posted: 3/17/2008 2:36:16 PM
nervous and friendly
 As you wish....
Msg: 271
Posted: 3/17/2008 3:48:17 PM
Personally, I prefer women with gun(s). My kinda gal.
 That-Guy-Jeff
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 12:34:33 PM
On a first date no, but living together I'd be okay with it.
 bodylove36
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 4:23:53 PM
I took gun self defense in 1987. First time I ever touched a gun. My targets were beautiful.I was trained to kill. I was told someone is going down if a gun is pulled and not let it be me and don't pull it unless your going to use.
 bodylove36
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 4:24:52 PM
U would love my targets
 bodylove36
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 4:26:41 PM
Well, in trainning they teach us when to us and not to use. I would only use in self defense. No one is worth going to prison.
 bodylove36
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 4:29:22 PM
To be honest I only trust cop's, military and deer hunter's......... more experienced on how to handle a gun.
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 281
Posted: 3/19/2008 1:52:47 PM
I'd rather everyone who wants one, carry one.

Shootings would go up about as much as they have in right-to-carry states, meaning not at all.

People would be much less in a hurry to insult others, and more prone to civil behavior. Stress levels would generally decrease.

With more people around who have them, the training rate would increase. It would become a point of pride to shoot well.

With increased training, accidental shootings would decrease dramatically. Accidental shootings happen because someone wasn't following even the most basic safety rules, and with an "empty" gun (they're ALL loaded until you personally verify otherwise).

Ignorance breeds fear, which is where we have been going for the past few generations. This is QUITE obvious from reading some of the posts in this thread.

A whole lot more people die in auto-related incidents. How many of you are refusing to date someone who can easily, even accidentally, squish you flat with two tons of hurtling steel?
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 1:59:40 PM

If you're a recreational hunter I don't see the problem. If you live on a farm out in the boonies and keep a .22 handy for vermin, well, that's understandable. If you're a cop, are in the military, whatever, then it makes a certain amount of sense. If you just like to have a gun in your purse then that's okay I guess. I just don't want to be near you is all.

That's how I see it too.

It's that cultural divide between our countries, that's deeply forged into both cultures.

I don't think guns are good or bad, they are just tools. They will never carry the same myth here as they do there.

( By that, I don't mean myth in the pejorative sense of the word. We have our own myths, too. )

A firearm is seen quite differently outside America, than it ever will be inside America.
 bigshrek
Msg: 283
Posted: 3/19/2008 2:52:31 PM
Yep, go to Somalia or Syria and ask them how they feel about 8-yr old kids carrying automatic weapons...ain't no thang there...

firearms attitudes in Canada, England, & Aussieland are about the same...but ask the Irish Catholics how they feel about restrictive gun laws...they respond by placing bombs all over the bloomin place...lol
 msudeere
Msg: 284
Posted: 3/19/2008 3:19:11 PM
It seems to be a regionl thing, I have one in my truck and home. My sister in Tn same thing . I live in a rural area in Ms and grew up around them. My sis is a flight attendant for American and travels late at night often. So I have no problem being around a female who has one.
 outlawtomboy
Msg: 287
Posted: 3/23/2008 2:28:17 PM
you mean some women DON'T own one???

i'm in a rural area and it's so common that i'd be astounded if someone i knew didn't own a few. my first was a pellet gun (when i was a child) and i still have it. i was raised by a hunter/gun owner, married one once, raised one of my own, and have many as friends. it would never cross my mind to inform someone that i have guns. if i said that to a local, they'd just look a little puzzled, smile kindly, and say Um...gee... leslie, that's great

i don't carry one on a date because it makes my purse so very heavy....
......or do i........?

:wink:
 dcamnc
Msg: 291
Posted: 3/24/2008 6:50:01 AM
I carry one every day for work, so it wouldn't bother me.
 bigshrek
Msg: 292
Posted: 3/24/2008 4:22:42 PM
heh...ya know a group of motorcyclists known as the Hell's Angels carry ball peen hammers...not illegal, often needed for repairing those old panhead & shovelhead Harleys...but also make great offensive & defensive weapons.

All someone in the UK has to do is wear a full toolbelt...they aren't weapons, they're TOOLS...hehehe I'm going to go to my mothers to fix her easy chair....
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >