Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 71
foreign brides.. your thoughtsPage 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

But yeah women should go for foreign husbands too (though I'm unsure as to what the selling point would be to the men) and quit tormenting the north american male.
LOL! Just because North American women don't have any interest in YOU doesn't mean they don't have interest in North American males. What a ridiculous assertion.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 72
foreign brides.. your thoughts
Posted: 7/2/2010 9:14:36 AM
LOL! Just because North American women don't have any interest in YOU doesn't mean they don't have interest in North American males. What a ridiculous assertion.
lol, I don't care what NA women think of me.. believe me.... I'm just speaking to the general negative phenomenon experienced by many of my male brethren.
 slybandit
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/2/2010 9:15:26 AM
IMHO, Nordegren is not on topic, merely because she happens to be from Sweden.

1. It's not even a New Delhi tabloid, it's a New Delhi tabloid mis-quoting a U.K. tabloid which almost certainly is a pack of nonsense anyhow.

2. No one knows what's really in that settlement but Nordegren, Woods and the lawyers, and they're not talking. Nor is it anyone else's business, really.

3. And Sarniafairyboy, um, having you judge Nordegren's attractiveness is like having a committee of illiterates judge a poetry contest.

Nothing stops North American women from importing husbands-- and getting the same treatment that the North American guys get in doing it. Some will be sincere, some will be con-men. The same goes for gay people of both genders, who are also free to import at their own risk.

The complaint about the divorce laws, the fiancée-visa laws and so forth all boils down to the same thing.

If you are using money and assets to buy youth and attractiveness, **you** are the idiot if you do not **check the price tag**, whether that youth and attractiveness is imported or local.

Seriously, anyone who makes more than minimum wage SHOULD be consulting a divorce lawyer BEFORE they get married or cohabit with someone so that they KNOW what they're getting into and how to protect themselves.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/2/2010 9:31:51 AM

I'm just speaking to the general negative phenomenon experienced by many of my male brethren.
And I'm just speaking to the negative connotation a select few males, who have not experienced success in the dating world of North America, attempt to project.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/2/2010 9:39:48 AM

And I'm just speaking to the negative connotation a select few males, who have not experienced success in the dating world of North America, attempt to project.
Let's take a poll of these 'select few' males to see how 'few' they really are. How many marriages end in divorce here again? Must just be a few.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 76
Posted: 7/2/2010 10:08:41 AM
^^ Right, because every divorce that occurs in North america is due to (insert your negative connotation here) of North american women..... More ridiculous assertions.

I suppose if we were going to take a poll, here would be the place for you to get the desired response to support your theory... Most men that desire, and are acceptable mates to, North American women are out engaging in those relationships, and living life, not sitting on pof, lamenting their plight.

We don't need to agree.... You seem to see all North American women in a certain light, based on your life experiences and personal observations, and that's your right.

I'm just pointing out that North American women are entitled to their viewpoint, in regard to men who take your postion, as well. But then again, that's probably exactly what you can't stand about them, isn't it? That they would dare think their own thoughts, and not defer to you?
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/2/2010 10:30:19 AM
^^

it's because most N. American women have rejected him (or them) since the Grade 8 dance.

bitterness has set in
 Rarebird76
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/2/2010 11:44:15 AM
it's because most N. American women have rejected him (or them) since the Grade 8 dance.
Or it could be I'm not impressed by many of them or their behavior and I choose to reject them.

^^ Right, because every divorce that occurs in North america is due to (insert your negative connotation here) of North american women..
Of course men and women BOTH are and can be at fault. But the FACT remains divorce rates are high in this country. That's the bottom line. In MANY MANY MANY cases it's not working. Foreign brides...girlfriends...husbands? YES YES and SURE. If that's the path of least resistance expect people to take it.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/2/2010 12:09:40 PM
^^

@ Rarebird:

so man, why not take action? do it instead of talk about it?

delete your POF profile, which after all gets most ( probably at least 90%) of its subscribers & page views in N. America, and most of the rest in UK & Europe, very little elsewhere, except maybe amongst US/Western ex-pats living elsewhere.

sign up on buyabride.com, or russianladieswantyou.com, filipinababes4U.com, or whatever, I'm sure you can find the sites.

actions speak louder than words

knowledge without action is not knowledge, Grasshopper

one thing is sure, arguing with N. American women on POF Forums, about how bad they suck, is not likely to get you much further towards finding your dream woman

Or it could be I'm not impressed by many of them or their behavior and I choose to reject them.

Since you used the word 'many', I'll second this.

But at the same time there are many North American women that I have been VERY impressed by--more so than I could have imagined. More than I think a completely foreign, in more ways than geographically, woman probably could. So I'll keep fishing in the waters that have the kind of fish I actually want to catch, and not go to the grocery store for scrod.

agreed. you just need ONE (well most of us, unless we're greedy) so why worry that 'many' may be unsuitable to you? find the one that is, I bet she's out there
 valenciacityx
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/2/2010 5:34:33 PM
everyone down on the foreign bride for the green card....
But an American woman can take you to the cleaners just as well.....
So get a prenup and new Russian girl every two years. Its like a lease
At least you aint trapped in the american suburban rut ;)

Face it, a woman the world over will lie to you, cheat on you, divorce you, take you for half your lot, and maybe strap you with child support (hell it might even be your kid) .... or you could be celibate the rest of your life

pick your poison
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/2/2010 9:45:25 PM
Let me add more of my thoughts about this topic and let me remove some of the misconceptions
floating around on Internet-land.

Foreign women (I refuse to use the term brides) are not for every American, they definitely are not
suitable for meat and potato eating or good old country boys of Americans. The male crowd who
seem to be attracted to foreign women are at least college educated, cultured, decent with an uncomplicated mind
and who has a genuine curiosity and broad interest in 'things' that are not limited within the
geographical boundary of USA. You can go to a small corner of a tiny country in the world, chances are
you'll meet an American, most likely a male American. What brought him to that sinkhole?
Curiosity, lust for knowledge. My point is do not judge other Americans by your own mindset.

Now let me address the beatings East European women take because of Internet scams, spams. A semi intelligent
man should have the capacity to spot the scams. Remember those emails many American men get from
East European women do not come from women at all. If you trace the emails, you'll find behind
every scam email there is a guy with some command of English language is writing these
emails sitting in Moscow, St Pertersburg, etc working for a dating site or a website. Just look for these clues:

1) If the email is written in perfect English -- FAKE
2) If the first email is long and contains more than one short paragraph --- FAKE
3) If she expresses her love for you in second or 3rd email --- FAKE

I do not know where every reader of this forum lives, but the small town I live in the Southeast
get flooded with girls from East European countries, they are mostly school or college/univ students.
They come here for summer jobs in grocery and drug stores.
If you make a general conversation with them you'll immediately notice how humble, down to
earth, curious and respecting
these girls are compared to our American girls of the same age.
There are a large number of American boys who appreciate these qualities in girls, and that boy may
not be you.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/3/2010 12:30:04 AM
Myrtle Beach !!!! Here I am ready to go to Ukraine and actually stay a season... who knew I could get the same thing done by going to M.B. !

still probably going to Russia and Ukraine though.
College educated..... yep
Lived over seas .... yep
Served overseas .... yep
Speak the language... yep
Marry an American..... nope
Coming back...... meh, maybe not.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/3/2010 7:38:39 AM
won't go very far and the 100+ pounds they carry on their frames don't exactly bring the boys running in

so you only accept women UNDER 100 lbs.? maybe in China that's normal but that's severe anorexia for the vast majority of other ('Western' ) women.

Now we've got laws that throw men in jail at her whim , governments that ignore men but spend billions a year on women , still expect men to sacrifice themselves in every conceivable way for the most undeserving women in history , and a culture that quite blatantly hates men .

LMAO, and you say China is the bastion of human rights for the world, for men, or women? recall Tienanmen Square? it's been along time since the US government sent tanks & machine gunners to cut down its own citizens by the thousands for having a peaceful demonstration. Or had a so-called "trial" for someone then when they were found guilty -as was known & predetermined before the trial started, taken out back & shot in the back of the head, for dealing drugs (or the drugs planted by the police found in their pocket).

currently and for the past several years, gov. busy slaughtering Tibetan monks -really anyone who gets in their way..but I guess you won't be able to read or say that there where the Gov. monitors internet & cuts off many sites, Google, etc.

you won't be able to access these:

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/sdc/tiananmen.html

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1761062858590826090&pr=goog-sl#

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/sdc/repression.html

China : where lies become the truth -George Orwell should have written "1984" with Beijing as the setting, doubleplusungood thoughtcrimes. ye,s all gov's lie but few as consistently and blatantly as PRC does - war is peace, slavery is freedom!

has the gov. censored all books referring to Tienanmen, or just the internet sites? or do they lie and claim nobody was killed, or the PLA was sent in to 'save' people?

fairly simple to avoid most of the problems you mention by not getting married, just hanging out sometimes and getting your rocks off as needed.

you are right though, getting a slave (foreign bride) could be gratifying, I guess it was gratifying for many southern US landowners around 1690-1860 to be able to f*ck one of his 'slave girls' whenever he felt like it -incl. Thomas Jefferson

@ Funcuz, so with all these millions, or at least thousands, of "ideal, perfect" women all around you, why are you still single, man?
 chameleonf
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/3/2010 7:48:02 AM

Buddy , if you like the modern "strong , independent" Western woman , by all means , have at it .

To each their own for seeking who they seek, wherever they seek them for whatever reasons. The above quote just indicates to me, though, that particular individual doesn't like (read can't cope with) modern, strong, independent western women but prefers old fasioned, weak, dependant non-western women, who wear dresses. He can't find what he's after in his own neighbourhood, so he's looking elsewhere. But lets not forget, his lack of success here may well be because the women here may not particularly like him because of his preferences or attitudes either. If he finds someone to spend his life with, no matter where, all the power to him. Who really cares? It's his life to live, not anyone elses.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/3/2010 8:13:34 AM
sort of begs the question of, if the US or N. America suck so bad, why thousands of people line up to get visas to move here from most other countries -and they aren't all women, many men too

are they just all that 'dumb' ?
 want to travel
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2010 11:11:19 AM
if it where 50-50, but with american woman its all the power or nothing, this is a generalization , of course there are women in north america that do not have problems behaving like a woman should, but they are few 'normal feminine women left' and they are happily married
 Rarebird76
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/3/2010 11:36:31 AM
The above quote just indicates to me, though, that particular individual doesn't like (read can't cope with) modern, strong, independent western women but prefers old fasioned, weak, dependant non-western women, who wear dresses. He can't find what he's after in his own neighbourhood, so he's looking elsewhere.
The argument of men not being able to "cope" with a 'strong, independent' woman is failing to understand how many men work. Speaking for myself I don't want to "cope". The way it's framed implies a PROBLEM us men need to 'deal' with. Hint: Men are not interested in being with a "problem". Not our idea of a good time. We CAN cope but why the hell would we want to if given a preferable option? Do some of you understand this? I can 'cope' with a lot of things but I'd much prefer to seek something I actually LIKE. No coping necessary.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/3/2010 11:49:35 AM
If men don't want your 'strong and independent' 'cookies' reformulate your recipe to something they do want.

but it appears that an adequate number of men DO..

just because you say you don't like the 'average N. American woman' (whatever that is -average-?) doesn't mean that EVERY man thinks as you do. DO you think every man MUST or "should" think as you do?

she (or women) don't HAVE to "reformulate" their 'recipe', because they have enough demand with the recipe as it is.

why should she (they) change? just because you want them to? you "DEMAND" it?

are you still here? I thought you'd be finding "bliss" in some backwater repressive third world hell-hole with a military junta government & backward health care system?

VV

yeah, I think that poster prefers the 3rd world women, maybe in Africa, who can be raped at will with no repercussions (see his posts on anti-rape condom)

VVVV
 chameleonf
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/3/2010 11:51:19 AM

...of course there are women in north america that do not have problems behaving like a woman should,...

A woman "behaving like a woman should" is purely subjective to each individual. A simpering fembot who performs a "role" strictly designed for the whim and pleasure of a man who has problems dealing with another's strengths because of his own short-comings, just may not be what all men equate with a woman behaving like a woman should. So, if men have to travel to find one who does meet the former need, I don't deem it as a loss to western civilization.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/3/2010 12:40:12 PM
are you still here? I thought you'd be finding "bliss" in some backwater repressive third world hell-hole with a military junta government & backward health care system?
Eh, yeah......I guess there are only 2 options. NA or 3rd world hell hole. As to why I'm still here; well this is where I was born so that plays a big part. Unfortunately I haven't the funds to travel and scout other countries ATM.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/4/2010 1:15:05 PM

There's beautiful women EVERYWHERE HERE ... why would I settle on one when I have so many options to explore ? You just don't get it . I'm not exaggerating and I'm not making any of this up .

that's IF you are attracted to Chines/Asian women - I am not

so what would you suggest? I pretend that I am?

fake a hard-on & fake orgasm? LMAO
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/5/2010 10:04:40 AM
^^
dude, I wonder why you seem so angry, bitter, and hareful towards N. American women, if, as you say, you've found bliss in China.

You seem to spend a lot of time here harping about how awful, nasty, abd terrible N. American women are -I presume your mother was a N.American woman, therefore also awful.

Anyway, what possible difference does it make to you, since you have left and found a much better world over there? except for the fact that the government murders dissidents, political opponents, anyone in a party other than communist, etc. but I guess that's cool, you can just be very careful to never say anything against them or possess a banned book or go on a banned internet site, or suport Tibetan monks in any way, etc.

no you can't go get a gun and blow somebody's head off -just worry about the PLA or police doing that to you if you do anythign that look s'subversive' in any way

I'm sure the economy is strong with so many people working for $1 or less per hour.

you use the word 'infinitely' rather loosely , if they are all working 'infinitely harder than N.Anericans or Europeans, etc., then why is their per capita income so much lower?

no I never said that all men who sought that relief were 'losers' or 'wackos'; I was merely pointing out some of the shortcomings of the palces advertised as 'woman heaven'

BTW I asked about why you were single becasue the thread topic was foreign BRIDES , but seemsto have got off that track somewhat, no biggie
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/5/2010 10:52:07 AM
@FUNCUZ

Don't waste your time arguing with SaraBOY. This person is fake. He/She is not what the ID says.

Note 2 things:
His(Her) membership started on 6/30/2010.

This thread is revived by 'Wants to Travel' on 6/30/2010.

It's too good to be a coincidence. I'd do better things with my time.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/5/2010 11:11:57 AM
^^

POF forums is basically a 'waste' of time period; there's no real 'productive' debates happening here- more a bunch of people mostly with no more than a high school education, many of whom seem to think they know it all, about topics they know nothingabout in many cases.

no-one changes their minds here,they just rant about what they already believe and ignore any opposing evidence or alternate theories.

VV

guess we agree to disagree. :)

VVV
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/5/2010 3:29:42 PM
not sure what the big fuss/upset is about_ I don't think/consider that ALL men who go this route are 'losers' - but a sizable percentage probably are social misfits, unable to get a woman in their own culture -and/or have weird ideas about the way women 'should be' - perhaps paralleling ideas of the Taliban...?

so Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, and many other Middle Eastern spots would be good places to take a foreign bride, I take it -maybe N. KOrea too, I don't know if they really 'know their place' there?

these are some Taliban restrictions on women:

these are women that really know how to "act like women should" , right? know their place (subservient to man) -how coudl these men (whom I bet were 100% born from a woman's loins) hate women so much and want to degrade them?

1- Complete ban on women's work outside the home, which also applies to female teachers, engineers and most professionals. Only a few female doctors and nurses are allowed to work in some hospitals in Kabul.

2- Complete ban on women's activity outside the home unless accompanied by a mahram (close male relative such as a father, brother or husband).

3- Ban on women dealing with male shopkeepers.

4- Ban on women being treated by male doctors.

5- Ban on women studying at schools, universities or any other educational institution. (Taliban have converted girls' schools into religious seminaries.)

6- Requirement that women wear a long veil (Burqa), which covers them from head to toe.

7- Whipping, beating and verbal abuse of women not clothed in accordance with Taliban rules, or of women unaccompanied by a mahram.

8- Whipping of women in public for having non-covered ankles.

9- Public stoning of women accused of having sex outside marriage. (A number of lovers are stoned to death under this rule).

10- Ban on the use of cosmetics. (Many women with painted nails have had fingers cut off).

11- Ban on women talking or shaking hands with non-mahram males.

12- Ban on women laughing loudly. (No stranger should hear a woman's voice).

13- Ban on women wearing high heel shoes, which would produce sound while walking. (A man must not hear a woman's footsteps.)

14- Ban on women riding in a taxi without a mahram.

15- Ban on women's presence in radio, television or public gatherings of any kind.

16- Ban on women playing sports or entering a sport center or club.

17- Ban on women riding bicycles or motorcycles, even with their mahrams.

18- Ban on women's wearing brightly colored clothes. In Taliban terms, these are "sexually attracting colors."

19- Ban on women gathering for festive occasions such as the Eids, or for any recreational purpose.

20- Ban on women washing clothes next to rivers or in a public place.

21- Modification of all place names including the word "women." For example, "women's garden" has been renamed "spring garden".

22- Ban on women appearing on the balconies of their apartments or houses.

23- Compulsory painting of all windows, so women can not be seen from outside their homes.

24- Ban on male tailors taking women's measurements or sewing women's clothes.

25- Ban on female public baths.

26- Ban on males and females traveling on the same bus. Public buses have now been designated "males only" (or "females only").

ooh, almost like pre-1950's USA with blacks & whites -although they did let blacks ride on the same bus, only at the back of the bus. -but many restaurants, schools, public places, washrooms, drinking fountains, etc. were segregated

27- Ban on flared (wide) pant-legs, even under a burqa.

28- Ban on the photographing or filming of women.

29- Ban on women's pictures printed in newspapers and books, or hung on the walls of houses and shops.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >