Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Hapiness      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jean Bean
Msg: 21
HapinessPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I hope that's irony there Thorn! LOL

Cheers.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 22
Happiness
Posted: 1/9/2007 12:20:50 PM
I think not only should we be happy with ourselves and grateful for having the bare necessities in life (a job, shelter, food, and family and friends) but I believe that who you attract is a direct result of your attitude and contentment (or lack of it).

If you're looking for someone to fill a void, then you can be taken advantage of by someone who sees that in you. If you are balanced, content, at peace and enjoy life no matter what - and then stay open to something if it happens, then you'll attract people who recognize that in you and are drawn to it.
 Jean Bean
Msg: 23
Hapiness
Posted: 6/19/2007 2:58:30 PM
Wow everybody. I haven't been on POF for quite some time. But today, a friend of mine was asking some questions about hapiness, so I directed them to this post because i remembered there were so many great responses!!

In the meantime, I had a reread through everything. And I know I am repeating myself here...but kudos to all of you. I really appreciate the growth and learning we can gain simple from just listening to each other's responses on things, which often comes from our own experiences.

Thanks again for all of your insights....and Alifeofserenity...I am glad I could be an inspiration to you

Take care all and may you continue to be HAPPY

Jean Bean
 Jean Bean
Msg: 24
Hapiness
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:15:00 PM
Let me rephrase for Alifeofserenity...sorry...lol. I am glad that I was able to start a post, which became an inspiration to you because of all the wonderful responses. :)

There now I took the foot out of my mouth....because I sounded a little conceeded there a second ago...

Chow all...looking forward to more intruiging responses.

Jean Bean
 kpooks
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Hapiness
Posted: 7/18/2009 9:13:14 AM
Because I can stand me and my own company for only so long-! Then I require additional social stimulation.

We humans are social creatures. We need a sounding board for our thoughts, feelings and desires. We need to feel as though whatever we're thinking and feeling is "normal". We have a need to "belong" to something greater than ourselves, fit in, be part of a couple, a "team".

But, I agree, we've got to find some comfort in our own skin, because, even in a relationship, we're still stuck in that black void of ourselves, so we better learn to enjoy our oneness, our individuality, our solitude too.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Hapiness
Posted: 7/18/2009 10:50:37 AM
Because many of the moments when we are happiest are associated with people. When something awesome happens in my life, my first reaction is to tell someone about it, and we re-experience it through sharing.

The moments I have had the greatest happiness were when I was genuinely in the moment; totally absorbed with whatever it was.
 Jean Bean
Msg: 27
Hapiness
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:46:53 AM
Hey lovemygirlie. I as well agree with you. Glad people are still looking at this post. I started it so long ago.......it's been great to see all the though provoking responses.

What I get from your message too is this idea of wants versus needs. We often want what we don't need and need what we often don't want. When we discover what we really need to be fulfilled I think is when true happiness can begin.

Thanks for sharing.

Jean Bean
 DeepLuv09
Msg: 28
Hapiness
Posted: 10/16/2009 10:43:17 PM
I think true happiness comes from, first understanding the nature of the world we live in, its complexities and even though not necessarily understanding the whole purpose of it, just having an idea. The second important ingredient of happiness, is, having understood the world we live in, to find the role that we play as individuals (this could also be an abstraction). Happiness comes from a sense of 'security' and this to me is the realest sense of security. Of course there are other pseudo forms of happiness that can be derived from abberations of the fundamental paradigm of what it means to be alive - some people construct life as accumulating material possessions and to such an abstraction, happiness would entail being able to have financial and material security etc etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Hapiness