Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Billy_Famine
Msg: 878
Why do so many people seem to hate cops?Page 65 of 69    (29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69)

While reading the threads posted on POF I've noticed that many people seem to dislike if not outright hate Police Officers. My question is "why"? Police Officers can be****,conceited,obnoxious,over bearing,nasty and mean... just like people in any other profession, but can you really imagine our world without someone to protect it from those who don't or won't respect the rights of others? I can't I'm proud to be a Police Officer and I think I'm a damned good one,I believe that in all things I should treat others as I would want to be treated (I think that's called "The Golden Rule") and I try to teach this to younger Officers when I train them. How do you feel about Law Enforcement Officers as a whole?

They dislike them from personal experience. Kind of like going to Denny's and the waiters treat you like shit and the food sucks. Sure, you paid, and technically you got the food, and if the Denny's WASN'T there at 3 am you might have been SOL. But doesn't mean you like it.

From personal experience, I once got slapped with 600 dollar ticket for possessing fireworks that escalated into an arrest warrant when I refused to pay for such a high price on such a small infraction (on bottle rockets that I wasn't even lighting).

Of course, I've been mugged, cops were not there.
My room was broken into, and 8 months later, court hasn't even gotten the paperwork ready to move forward.
I've had my vehicle spray painted.... although I can't wine about this, the cop flat out told me the best I could get from him was a report to turn into my insurance company.
I've been frisked several times and yelled at.
I had to have my pockets dumped.

I have other horror stories.... but I don't know what the alternative is, so I guess I just go with it.
 aafitnessmodel
Msg: 879
Why do so many people seem to hate cops?
Posted: 12/3/2010 1:02:25 PM
i don't dislike them...but i do think that the old fat ones need to be replace with fresh inshape kick ur azz types...the old cops are lazy and mean...not long ago i turn in 3 drug leads...but the old fat cop...just gave me the run around...i tell ya...those ones that had come here where i live are so fine...lol...had to call them out upon some people who live here...the young ones are nice & they listen to you~the old ones...that is it...they old...there should be age limit on cops...the cut off is 35yrs old for male & female boxers...the age for cops should be around that age...unless they can prove they can out-do a young one...uh oh lets hear it~
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 880
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2010 1:09:25 PM

They dislike them from personal experience. Kind of like going to Denny's and the waiters treat you like shit and the food sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFq66qIWajo

Ottawa police officers giving a woman who was detained illegally an experience of her life!

Your argument is bunt!

Booya!

jsphn11
Msg: 881
Posted: 12/3/2010 3:16:26 PM
I don’t hate cops. You couldn’t pay me enough to do their job. On one hand, they deal with criminals and can be easily hurt or killed, on the other hand they are targets of lawsuits (“police cruelty”). It’s really hard to evaluate right on a spot how to react to actions of criminals/persons of interest… something like “Is that person holding a flashlight in his pocket, or is it a gun?”….
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 882
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2010 3:27:22 PM

on the other hand they are targets of lawsuits (“police cruelty”)

I agree their jobs can be very difficult, very traumatic.
Lawsuits however come out of our pockets!

Billy_Famine
Msg: 883
Posted: 12/3/2010 5:55:43 PM

You do realize the police didn't issue the arrest warrant, right?

So why didn't you deserve the fine? I'm not entirely sure what lighting them has to do with anything - the fine was for possessing them, not for lighting them, no?

What did you think would happen when you refused to pay the fine...

Six Hundred dollars for bottle rockets? Please... does that seem fair to you? It was thin red sticks with a little powder. The price tag for possession of Marijuana where I live is forty dollars.... sadly, I also know this because it also happened to me (The judge was nice, but man, the cop was so not). The cop just yelled at me for ten minutes, finding different ways to call me a loser. He opened my wallet to see a college ID card, and kept asking me if "smoking pot is what college kids do now?" (yeah sir... even the kids on the deans list do that).

He drove off with my DL, and I had to chase his ass down two blocks. When he finally stopped he was still a ways off, and he made me walk over to him.

Magically he was a nice guy, but after being yelled I couldn't help but take it as shit.

I've always tried to avoid cops... but once in San Francisco, when I was lost, I tried waving one down, and the guy just drove off like I was trying to kill him. Some Luck.

Cops.... I guess it's your experience with them. They haven't saved my ass so far, but they've cost me a fair share of money.

The only GOOD thing I must be able to say, is that most kids my age have traffic violations up the yin yang, and I've only had one since I started driving well over six years ago. God knows I don't deserve the most perfect driving record, but they haven't pulled me over and busted my ass...
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 884
Posted: 12/3/2010 8:50:32 PM
^^^I got picked up and thrown against a wall by a black police officer in Pasadena (yeah there's a long story behind it) so I don't buy bullshit racial profiling but I also don't think all policemen are ***holes like he was. I've met some very kind ones too.
 Steveo480
Msg: 885
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2010 6:38:16 PM
Because most people have been harrassed or bee rude to by cops more than theyve been helped by cops, I know I have. Most seem to be buulies who like to abuse thier power and are corrupt. Try being on the recieving end of it and you will quickly get your answer. Yes I know there are good cops out there but they are very VERY few and far between. One small example I can give is one time a friend and I were pulled over cause we matched the description of two guys that robbed a convieniance store. We were both roughed up and treated like animals even after we were cleared as suspects so there you go and thats just one example, I have more but feel like typing them all. Lastly cops can kiss my stinking sh!+ stained a** As far as the good cops like you... yall are the true heros and God bless you guys!!!
 Debyduz_
Msg: 886
Posted: 10/20/2012 10:08:56 PM
I love cops.

I had to call them a few years ago. My son who has many issues ran away and left a note that was suicidal. the cops came right away. He met my son a few days before be he was hanging out alone with his black hoody and black pants the cop stopped to talk to him and walked him home and talked to us. The cops was worried about him. that was real nice. So when I call the cop came right away and he stopped at the places the kids hang on the way to my house. He took the letter and was just getting ready to issue the APB when my son walked up. Because the note was suicidal my sons had to go to the hospital. I was scared because my son has incredible strength(Autistic). the cop was so nice he explained everything he was doing to my son he had to frisk and he had to cuff him and put him in the car so he would not hurt himself. He gave him the choice of going to hospital with us, ambulance or he would take him. He handled my son perfectly and waited and talked to him until the ambulance came.

I only ever met one crabby cop. I am sure he had a good reason. They deal with crap all day. their families live every day waiting for that call. they often give their lives.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 887
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2012 1:27:33 AM
I used to admire and respect cops, until an incident happened in my town, too. An incident involving police stupidity and incompetence that cost me my hearing in one ear. And changed my life forever in other ways, too. And, no, I wasn't arrested or suspected of ANY crime.

The police in my little town are pretty much a sad joke. In a caliber with the rest of the thugs they are supposed to be protectng us from.

Until the American people as a WHOLE get their priorities straight, our governmental authorities are gonna SUCK from bottom to top. With the cops being at the bottom of the regime.
 MacInOC
Msg: 888
Posted: 10/21/2012 12:52:33 PM
I've lost respect for 'em. In my relatively crime-less area, they simple look for ways to collect money for the state and themselves. If you look at the pie chart at any CA DMV it shows where fees and fines go - yes the police and CHP are on the chart, along with courts.

So rather than protect and serve, they do revenue enhancement stops. All in the name of safety? Hardly. Someone stopped on the side of the freeway / road? CHP and police passes 'em by. Above the law? I see them constantly driving while on their cell phones. Common sense? They once did a traffic sting at the local high school busting under 18 year old drivers who carpooled with their siblings and neighbors.

Can they solve the CA budget crises and their law enforcement budget issues? Yes, one ticket at a time.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 889
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2012 9:32:49 PM
it's funny when i hear some people say i hate cops they can bleep bleep bleep themselves but as soon as someone jacks their car or breaks into their home, they call the cops. lol

My friend is like that he deeply dislikes cops, but one night we were coming back to his house and someone broke into his home and stole his stuff and what was the first thing he did? dialed 911 to have the cops come out. lol
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 890
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2012 10:00:03 PM

My friend is like that he deeply dislikes cops, but one night we were coming back to his house and someone broke into his home and stole his stuff and what was the first thing he did? dialed 911 to have the cops come out. lol

You make a good point here, Steel City

As a person who has lost all respect for our LOCAL police, I have to admint I would also call them. But ONLY if ENOUGH of my stuff had been stolen to exercise my homeowner's insurance claim. This year when there was an attempt to invade my home and also when someone stole my lawn mower, I just let it slide. The cops are so stupid, that it would have been a complete waste of time. Plus, I'd be concerned that they would make another "innocent" mistake and arrest ME.

As it happens, the home invaders were squatters in the vacant house next door to mine. All the neighbors knew about the squatting and rash of crime during their stay (and probably the theft of my mower). They all called and called those incompetent, lazy pigs while I lived in terror of the squatters for several months. The sitch finally ended when the pigs were contacted by another neighbor -- who just happened to be a Dallas, TX cop's wife. The squatters were removed from the home same day.

The only other reason I would consider calling the cops is if I had to shoot a home invader. I own a larger a caliber weapon sufficient to blow a person's head off. I've made it known in my area that I might tend to just display the decapitated head on a pole beside my driveway to warn others -- and skip the pigs. But, of course, I'd really be stuck having to actually report the incident instead. Thank goodness I've married since. Lower chances of home invasion with a REAL man around.

I've installed a burgler alarm with an autodialer -- but it doesn't dial the pigs -- it dials ME instead. (Pigs no longer respond to burgler alarm calls, doncha know).
 LennyPane
Msg: 891
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:41:13 PM
**** the cops. Come to LA and ask that stupid question. I live in an
area of Los Angeles where it is well known that the police are
involved in lots of crimes. When I was 16 I was riding my bike around
at 11 at night and got pulled over by 2 sheriffs. They harassed me and
told me they 'hate juveniles'. And told me if they saw me out that late
again I'd spend a week in the hospital. The police are supposed to be there to protect you. When you are not a criminal but still get scared when you see/hear a cop, something is wrong in paradise.
 LennyPane
Msg: 892
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:45:58 PM
Msg 1697: I know exactly what you're talking about...
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 893
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 9:13:22 PM

If you don't live in California, you won't understand what is going on here. This is not like your little town
where you know the cops and they can't get away with crap.

True enough, California is not like my little town. But the cops here are KNOWN thugs, and they DO get anyway with any crap they chose.

I sympathize with you as you live in the liberal, PC, Bankrupt state of CA. And it's easy enough to see just from television to see why "certain ethnicities" get away with murder. Same thing happens in near-by Dallas, where the "police force" is now run by the New Black Panther party. (sigh)

Meanwhile, I'VE gone broke in "Big Rich Texas" trying to pay the medical bills the Big Stupid cops caused me, after yanking me out of bed in the middle of the night for harrassment and false imprisonment.

I moved out of Dallas County to avoid the safety risks you describe. I guess I just didn't move far enough away.

vlad dracul
Msg: 894
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2012 7:45:33 AM
well i think that the polis are needed. as in every walk of life you get good
and bad.

for every bit of good police work like catching child molestors, rapists and the
general flotsam and jetsam in the population you get the would be robocop/judge dredd
wannabe's

in the uk our police are hamstrung by political correctness as shown in the vile crimes
below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kriss_Donald

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1374443/Police-hid-abuse-60-girls-Asian-takeaway-workers-linked-Charlene-Downes-murder.html

and also the outright lying over the hillsborough disaster

http://www.channel4.com/news/policeman-boasted-about-hillsborough-cover-up-mp-claims

i shudder to think what the polis would be like if they were armed over here after reading this (imagine these
arseholes carrying guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

A blind stroke victim who was shot in the back with a 50,000-volt Taser stun gun by a police officer who mistook his white stick for a samurai sword is launching a bid for compensation.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/national/news/9999460.Blind_man_sues_police_over_Taser/

(yep the same dafties who 'identify' suspects in court trials also mistake white sticks for samurai swords)

but all in all i think a wee bit more respect from THEM to the folk who pay their wages would not go
amiss
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 895
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2012 7:27:43 AM
I agree with you Vlad --

The pigs may be stupid, lazy, incompetent, and thuggy, but their sure as hell a LOT better than nothing.

Sometimes they actually DO do their jobs. The odds are often enough to scare the non-uniformed thugs away -- or at least back into their own elements.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 896
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2012 1:30:25 AM
As a person who does not (or did not) have that typical negative attitude about police officers, and who does not have a reason to fear them, I'll say this...

...In our very imperfect system, police officers are in a very important position, and very much so given the dynamics that society has evolved to, and they just aren't up to the standard or maturity level required by this - despite that "there are a lot of good cops". The way they are required to do their job or maintain an image, and the disposition and intellectual level required for their job position, simply isn't appropriate or effective. I've learned that a cop does NOT have any intrinsic moral wisdom or basic good intentions or ability or common sense. He or she is just another person with a job, in the sense that the person at the fast food place is just some joker with a job, and he is just as liable to spit on your hamburger just because he can, just because he's in a bad mood, for no good fair reason. More than once I've called the police out of necessity, and they only caused more problems, encouraged and instigated the other party, and I've seen them completely misuse their position against people who didn't deserve it at all for their own personal non-neutral or biased reasons.
 OyVay...
Msg: 897
Posted: 11/1/2012 10:13:19 PM
Hahahahahaha!!! How did I miss this thread? WOW!!! And now to really blow some minds...especially with my image on the forums, being the die-hard liberal that I am! Hahahaha!

I like cops!!! No not all cops...but far more than I disliked..

I raised quite a bit of money for the Widows and Orphans fund of the NYPD in my work when I was in NYC. As such I got to know them, know the brass, know what they encountered on a daily basis...the good the bad and the ugly!

I only read some of the pages(about 10 or so)...so most of you get pissed off because these guys take themselves too serious...guess what...it's serious business, if they're wrong...they get dead!!! Ever attend a funeral for a police officer? See the grief his family suffers...all to make it safer for YOU!

The probem is they are doing a 19th century job, in the 21st century...with cuts in budgets, with limited overtime...with lots of personal problems...(how would you feel if you had to shoot someone?, Or if everyone doubted you, when you knew you had it right, and everyone was down against you?)

Many guys joined the force, just like firemen...to make a difference in their communities. To be there for people, to help them...to protect and serve.

Now here comes the other side...first politics...the politics of "seeming right"...how many arrests do you make? How many stops? Are you effficient enough? Today's police must in essence, pay for themsleves, by issuing traffic citations...in some locales...

Next what happens to your personality if all you meet and encounter are bad people? If you begin to be taught "most people are bad...or suspect everyone..." shit we have women on here who b1tch constantly about bad dates...how would you like to encounter NOTHING but people who lie...constantly? From the woman who is beaten by her husband, but wants him not to be arrested, even if it's in her best interest? To the street kid, trying to get his hustle on, and lies about everything from his name, to where and who he lives with, to what he stole tonight? To the junkies or the drunks, or the people who "only broke the law a little"...

Can you imagine doing that day after day, week after week, month after month...year after year? You think that old cop just got that way from the last freakin few days...or that he started that way?

Now of course there are "bad cops"...can't help that..you can't catch everyone who lies....those of you on here who date should rcognize that! Some take bribes...some abuse their power..some are mentally flawed. Do you really believe some overworked flunkie...giving pysch tests or checking on performance will catch everyone slightly off on some power trip...because he wasn't popular in high school?

There are no perfect group of human beings...no great group of accountants, or lawyers, or doctors...every working group has some shit members...the difference is these guys and gals are in the trenches...together...so different if your ledger doesn't balance...these guys may die...so they tend to have each others backs...

Instead of seeing this as an "us" and a "them"...have you ever gotten to know one of them? I mean talked to them? No, not as a "excuse me officer?" but as a human being? Had a few drinks with them, or a cup of coffee? It happens that "them" is actually part of "us"! They have kids, mortgages, divorces, girlfriends and boyfriends, husbands and wives...they have the same problems you do...but with the added kicker of going out every day and standin between you and crime...

Do all of them do it well? Oh hell no! Are all of them happy all the time? Are you? Wake up folks...if a force is bad or slack...they need correction..if there is rampant crime, you have to ask why, and then ask what the leaders will do to correct it...but to damn all, because some are head trippin..or are runnin a game on the population AND the force..just makes no sense...

Hahahaha! I know this will get a big giggle from my detractors on here, but it's my opinion and thoughts on the subject...
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 898
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2012 1:00:08 AM
Ammendment to my last post...

...and this always seems to be one of the subjects about which some people mischaracterize and down-play the real problem by making it seem like it's all about how people can't be perfect, their job is a crappy one, and there are good and bad...blah blah blah...All true things, which must be remembered, but not really definitive, relevant, or helpful.
 ORALROBERT2
Msg: 899
Posted: 11/2/2012 7:43:50 AM
Why do so many cops seem to hate people?

Who said: Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts?
 LennyPane
Msg: 900
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2012 9:37:09 AM
^^^*absolute power corrupts absolutely

-Baron Acton
 ArticLife
Msg: 901
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 12:31:52 AM
It's not personal. I have a dislike and fear of cops because, at the root of it, they are a gang. Yes, usually a positivie one, but regardless...

If you get on the wrong side of the law, there's nothing you can do. If a cop accuses you, it's your word vs his. If he assaults you, it's the same thing. You can't defend yourself unless there are many witnesses.

I just don't like the idea of people having that much power, because humans rarely treat power responsibly. I'd say I am more afraid of legal repercussions than I am from Thieves or muggers.
 hplazerjet
Msg: 902
Posted: 11/4/2012 8:30:39 PM
In Los Angeles, the police are a plague on the populace. They do bad things,
get sued, and then we have to pay for it. To pay for the budget deficit/crisis they write silly tickets
that would never be written in most other cities.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >