Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 895
view profile
History
Why do so many people seem to hate cops?Page 69 of 69    (29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69)
I agree with you Vlad --

The pigs may be stupid, lazy, incompetent, and thuggy, but their sure as hell a LOT better than nothing.

Sometimes they actually DO do their jobs. The odds are often enough to scare the non-uniformed thugs away -- or at least back into their own elements.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 896
view profile
History
Why do so many people seem to hate cops?
Posted: 10/29/2012 1:30:25 AM
As a person who does not (or did not) have that typical negative attitude about police officers, and who does not have a reason to fear them, I'll say this...

...In our very imperfect system, police officers are in a very important position, and very much so given the dynamics that society has evolved to, and they just aren't up to the standard or maturity level required by this - despite that "there are a lot of good cops". The way they are required to do their job or maintain an image, and the disposition and intellectual level required for their job position, simply isn't appropriate or effective. I've learned that a cop does NOT have any intrinsic moral wisdom or basic good intentions or ability or common sense. He or she is just another person with a job, in the sense that the person at the fast food place is just some joker with a job, and he is just as liable to spit on your hamburger just because he can, just because he's in a bad mood, for no good fair reason. More than once I've called the police out of necessity, and they only caused more problems, encouraged and instigated the other party, and I've seen them completely misuse their position against people who didn't deserve it at all for their own personal non-neutral or biased reasons.
 OyVay...
Msg: 897
Posted: 11/1/2012 10:13:19 PM
Hahahahahaha!!! How did I miss this thread? WOW!!! And now to really blow some minds...especially with my image on the forums, being the die-hard liberal that I am! Hahahaha!

I like cops!!! No not all cops...but far more than I disliked..

I raised quite a bit of money for the Widows and Orphans fund of the NYPD in my work when I was in NYC. As such I got to know them, know the brass, know what they encountered on a daily basis...the good the bad and the ugly!

I only read some of the pages(about 10 or so)...so most of you get pissed off because these guys take themselves too serious...guess what...it's serious business, if they're wrong...they get dead!!! Ever attend a funeral for a police officer? See the grief his family suffers...all to make it safer for YOU!

The probem is they are doing a 19th century job, in the 21st century...with cuts in budgets, with limited overtime...with lots of personal problems...(how would you feel if you had to shoot someone?, Or if everyone doubted you, when you knew you had it right, and everyone was down against you?)

Many guys joined the force, just like firemen...to make a difference in their communities. To be there for people, to help them...to protect and serve.

Now here comes the other side...first politics...the politics of "seeming right"...how many arrests do you make? How many stops? Are you effficient enough? Today's police must in essence, pay for themsleves, by issuing traffic citations...in some locales...

Next what happens to your personality if all you meet and encounter are bad people? If you begin to be taught "most people are bad...or suspect everyone..." shit we have women on here who b1tch constantly about bad dates...how would you like to encounter NOTHING but people who lie...constantly? From the woman who is beaten by her husband, but wants him not to be arrested, even if it's in her best interest? To the street kid, trying to get his hustle on, and lies about everything from his name, to where and who he lives with, to what he stole tonight? To the junkies or the drunks, or the people who "only broke the law a little"...

Can you imagine doing that day after day, week after week, month after month...year after year? You think that old cop just got that way from the last freakin few days...or that he started that way?

Now of course there are "bad cops"...can't help that..you can't catch everyone who lies....those of you on here who date should rcognize that! Some take bribes...some abuse their power..some are mentally flawed. Do you really believe some overworked flunkie...giving pysch tests or checking on performance will catch everyone slightly off on some power trip...because he wasn't popular in high school?

There are no perfect group of human beings...no great group of accountants, or lawyers, or doctors...every working group has some shit members...the difference is these guys and gals are in the trenches...together...so different if your ledger doesn't balance...these guys may die...so they tend to have each others backs...

Instead of seeing this as an "us" and a "them"...have you ever gotten to know one of them? I mean talked to them? No, not as a "excuse me officer?" but as a human being? Had a few drinks with them, or a cup of coffee? It happens that "them" is actually part of "us"! They have kids, mortgages, divorces, girlfriends and boyfriends, husbands and wives...they have the same problems you do...but with the added kicker of going out every day and standin between you and crime...

Do all of them do it well? Oh hell no! Are all of them happy all the time? Are you? Wake up folks...if a force is bad or slack...they need correction..if there is rampant crime, you have to ask why, and then ask what the leaders will do to correct it...but to damn all, because some are head trippin..or are runnin a game on the population AND the force..just makes no sense...

Hahahaha! I know this will get a big giggle from my detractors on here, but it's my opinion and thoughts on the subject...
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 898
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2012 1:00:08 AM
Ammendment to my last post...

...and this always seems to be one of the subjects about which some people mischaracterize and down-play the real problem by making it seem like it's all about how people can't be perfect, their job is a crappy one, and there are good and bad...blah blah blah...All true things, which must be remembered, but not really definitive, relevant, or helpful.
 ORALROBERT2
Msg: 899
Posted: 11/2/2012 7:43:50 AM
Why do so many cops seem to hate people?

Who said: Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts?
 LennyPane
Msg: 900
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2012 9:37:09 AM
^^^*absolute power corrupts absolutely

-Baron Acton
 ArticLife
Msg: 901
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 12:31:52 AM
It's not personal. I have a dislike and fear of cops because, at the root of it, they are a gang. Yes, usually a positivie one, but regardless...

If you get on the wrong side of the law, there's nothing you can do. If a cop accuses you, it's your word vs his. If he assaults you, it's the same thing. You can't defend yourself unless there are many witnesses.

I just don't like the idea of people having that much power, because humans rarely treat power responsibly. I'd say I am more afraid of legal repercussions than I am from Thieves or muggers.
 hplazerjet
Msg: 902
Posted: 11/4/2012 8:30:39 PM
In Los Angeles, the police are a plague on the populace. They do bad things,
get sued, and then we have to pay for it. To pay for the budget deficit/crisis they write silly tickets
that would never be written in most other cities.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >