Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "So, why aren't you dating anyone?"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funnygirll
Msg: 26
So, why aren't you dating anyone?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
you know what? a very gossipy family member asked me that this weekend and she kept asking in lots of different ways... I was as patient as I could and then sweet as honey I said, "well you know I am not dating anyone but I am sure f*cking everyone I meet..." she almost dropped her drink on her lap.

I don't care if that comes back to bite me in the ass... I enjoyed it, even if it's the biggest lie ever

Allure ;)
Msg: 27
So, why aren't you dating anyone?
Posted: 11/13/2006 7:55:32 PM
I get that line all the time from work, family, friends, family, family.... I would love to be dating right now, however I will never settle for someone less than what I'm looking for - not fair on either party because in the end both end up being unhappy! Waiting, patiently waiting for The One for Me and Me for the One, and I'll know it when he knows it...until then I'll laugh out loud when asked the question....
 PrattRangergrl
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/13/2006 8:58:31 PM
I absolutely HATE that question....I also hated when friends of the family would say to my dad, "wow Jim, your daughter sure is pretty, the guys must be knocking at your door!" I knew they meant it as some sort of compliament, but it just made me feel embarassed and ashamed. Now I realize that it seems to be for the same reasons as a lot of people I know...Im picky...and I don't just settle for anyone for the sake of having a boyfriend. I would rather have no relationship than an unhappy one. Not to sound arrogant, but I could have dated several people, but I chose not to because I wasn't attracted to them, and I wasn't about to fool myself into thinking I was. I also go to an art school....a lot a flaky people who are very full of themselves. There are more women here than men, and a lot of the men get a lot of attention...and become VERY arrogant....they wouldn't be all that in another situation, and I just don't have the patience for that. But Im not a man-hater or anything like that, and I am positive, funny and fun to be around, and I have made some really good friends, and they give me hope that there is someone good out there for me.
 oceangreen
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:04:04 PM
Too busy to waste time on screening out the wrong men. I have a couple of friends that I occasionally go for coffee with and that's enough for now. If I stumble accross "the one", I'll know it, but for now, I'm content with my life the way it is.
 sasyecat
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:04:47 PM
I thought about this same question, guys online where asking, why?? Like what is wrong with you? You got a third eye or something? You like girls?<----NO, NO & you got an hour or 2 for me to tell you what is wrong with me?
I did a pros & cons of a relationship list for myself.... When there was only 2 pros & more cons than I could count...strange but true...I have found real peace with this, a feeling of real independs & happiness in my everyday life that I just wasn't feeling before.
So...
I am still not into girls. I feel now there is alot less wrong with me than the impression a few others were trying to give me, but I am getting that eye in the middle of my forhead looked at
Now...
What do I say when someone asks, why? Life with someone else is just to annoying...and everyone that knows me, knows that is no lie.
 I love hockey
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:22:37 PM
I'm not dating anyone because I have a twitch. Also, my cell mate says my a$$ is hers.
 cobias
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:25:20 PM
wow and awesome answers from funny to serious..really enjoyed them all. however my family kinda skips right on to the meat of things and asks the bigger question..when are you getting married..my answer..hell i have to find a date first and go from there. someone asked me earlier today..does it seem harder to find quality people to date as we get older. my answer hell yea !!! but in any event..im not about to give up just yet and figure it like this..at least with the ex gone onto a new life..i can get some of my "guy" stuff done. so my recommends are...git er done !!!!!!! whilst you can..so when she / he ( she in my case ) comes along again...you can focus most fully upon that new and inviting stimulation in a new relationship!!
 Spinn12
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:25:33 PM
I am. I'm dating EVERYONE.

They just don't know it.
 Spinn12
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/13/2006 9:36:00 PM
Msg 48:

Nope. And when he does, I'm crossing my fingers that he brings a female with him to throw my way :)
 hapeenurse
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/13/2006 10:08:12 PM
no one's asked me *cry cry cry*

I'm not dating anyone because much like a wise previous poster already said, that special something wasn't there, I won't call it a spark , because many times the spark *is* there but the other part (the swoon factor maybe?) just wasn't.

hope springs eternal though!
 TexanAZ
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/13/2006 10:26:23 PM
Message #33

HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Bwaaaahaaahaaa!!!! That's the BEST answer I've heard yet!!

*writing that down to use during holiday gatherings*
 heyitsdoug
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/13/2006 10:39:16 PM
OK......this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on here!!!!

HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

I love that!
and this is pretty good too......even though I don't think it would work well for us guys.

"well you know I am not dating anyone but I am sure f*cking everyone I meet..."

My plan for Thanksgiving is to tell them that I've been visiting the women's prison
every weekend so I'm sure I will be soon!
 Altered_Ego
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/13/2006 10:53:38 PM
I used to hear that question all the time, especially when I worked at an office for 6 years, with women who were old enough to be my mother.

I just told them that I had a lot of growing to do, and that I'm incredibly shy.

They had a hard time believing I was shy because I was so good at playing the Class Clown to compensate for the shyness.

Then I made the grave mistake of getting involved with a younger woman in the office.. Eventually they realized I was better off without her.

Over the years, it's been easier to answer such questions.. People only needed to hear my answer once or twice.

It's funny, I was married for 6 years, and not one of my relatives really tried to take notice of our marriage, or bring us into the Extended Family.

Now I'm divorced and living with people whose ages run a wide spectrum.. so many of the older folks totally understand. They've had their share of life. In some cases, their spouses died, or they just realized they were better off single.

Now I'm not overly interested in "Dating..." But I do anticipate some possible friendships with women.. where we can just hang out and enjoy each other.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/14/2006 1:40:46 AM
It's a question is painful for women to be asked, and unacceptable for guys to be asked.

If you're a guy and someone asks you this question, you need to get out more.
 *handyman*
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/14/2006 3:41:59 AM
Dating ? It seems I'm always dating someone, I find that it eases the realization that finding someone for forever is becoming a pretty silly notion. I stay hopeful though and just keep meeting women , hanging out , doing whatever we end up doing, and just keeping ourselves from thinking about it makes it easier.
Finding a date is easy, finding love is a bitch.

Oh and as for what other people think or say ??? why would that matter ?
 Suthn_Boy
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/14/2006 4:07:32 AM
no one's asked me *cry cry cry*

So, why aren't you dating anyone Hapeenurse?? Hmmm?

Oh sorry! You already answered that..
Gotta watch that "Swoon Factor" though. That's a pretty sneaky factor, if there ever was one.

-Suthn_Boy

nonsensical
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/14/2006 4:25:17 AM
I tell them I'm too busy reigning over my kingdom.
 kidshelleen51
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/14/2006 5:06:50 AM
I just tell them that I wouldn't date a women that would go out with me.

Sadly, the family understands that.
 Star_Burst
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/14/2006 7:02:09 AM
OHHH but I am dating.... I just don't want to scare him off by introducing him to you people.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/14/2006 10:53:59 AM
My family doesn't ask that question...but my ex boyfriends do...and so do the men who contact me online.

The exes are confused because they know I am a catch....lol

Oddly, the online guys who ask me why I am single seem to assume that because I am single I am not good enough to date.

Maybe I should start telling them I am married....I might be able to get a date.
 Star_Burst
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/14/2006 10:57:41 AM

that was hillarious!!! Can I use that one? LOL

luvablencuddly, you can use any of my lines anytime..
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 12:35:18 PM
I'm not dating anyone because I've been single for over a year, and LOVING it!! But my family also asks me those kinds of questions..."so, why don't you have a boyfriend yet?" "are you dating anyone?" I do date herd and there, but I am in no hurry to settle down--the problem is that everyone expects me to find one guy, fall madly in love, and then be having kids in the next four or five years. NO THANKS!!

What most people don't seem to grasp is not every dating situation HAS to lead to a relationship or serious commitment. Some of us just want to see what's out there, and we take our time when it comes to picking the right person. Don't ever let anyone pressure you or tell you what you should and should not be doing. I know I won't. What you are doing in your personal life is your business and no one else's.
 YamIhere
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 12:42:29 PM

It depends. My normal answer is because I have already pissed off all of the eligible women within a 100-mile radius. If it's between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day, I am on my official dating hiatus because I refuse to place myself or a woman I am dating in the awkward position of dealing with Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years and V-Day as a "couple." ... God I hate that word.

Oh yeah...I also love it when people tell me I WOULD be able to date someone if I "lowered my standards". HA!

Yeah, I've gotten that one, too. I always tell people that I wouldn't want to be the lowered set of standards a woman had settled on to date me, so I sure as hell am not going to do it to someone else.
 Titian
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/14/2006 12:49:08 PM
Well ...because everytime I have ventured out and taken the chance to date....all I seem to find is players...who want a one night stand...Its obvious they dont want a long term relationship like they post on their profiles...I think some men use this site to just get laid....and are not really looking for anyone.....
 Yahh ROO Giddy Up
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/14/2006 12:56:47 PM
Yeah I only want a woman for one night stands -- trouble is I want 365 one night stands per year with the same woman each night

guess that makes me a selfish player
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "So, why aren't you dating anyone?"