Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Iranian paper: Great war to wipe out Israel comingPage 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
The idea 'why are the Palestinians being punished for the holocost' to me is just an indirect way of saying, we want to wipe out Israel.
Could it mean "why did they 'abduct' the Palestinian land and give it to the Jews right after the holocaust?"

Abduct … seize … snatch … make off with … kidnap

Surely ... that is what happened.

The only solution to palestian refugee problem is pushing the jews back into the sea.
No ... I'm sure the inference there is that the only solution to the Palestinian refugee problem is to "dethrone" the current ruling hardcore Zionists, and give the Palestinians back any land that was "stolen" from them under the guise of using it as a Military Buffer Zone ... unsafe and uninhabitable land.

I'm still trying to understand how land that is considered "unsafe and uninhabitable for Palestinians" can be "safe and inhabitable for Israeli's" to build posh exclusive Jewish communities on. The logic of that simply eludes me.

The Jews were alloted 55% of the most fruitful land back then ... displacing 70% of the resident population onto the remaining 45% of the most useless barren land in the area. And that was apparently not enough as the Israeli's have "stolen" even more land since. They have pushed the residents of the "stolen" land into refugee camps and are busily going about the business of building Jewish settlements on that "stolen" land even though they have been repeatedly ordered to cease the building of settlements and to abandon the ones they have built.

The Jews control entire Palestinian towns to the effect that some of the Palestinians only get running water 2 hours a week. Even after all the horrors that the Palestinian people have had to endure, they only ask for the land that was allotted to them originally. They would be content to eke out on that which was given them ... just give it back to them and give them a chance to live peacefully on what is rightfully theirs.

Eke out … economize on … stretch … use sparingly … make a little go a long way.

(Definitions supplied for words or phrases I used so that there could be no "misinterpretations" as to what I meant to communicate.)

cotter
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Iranian paper: Great war to wipe out Israel coming
Posted: 11/25/2006 8:25:55 AM
Everything that's happening has already been prophesized. It's been written in the bible that when all eyes are on Israel .............

This isn't the topic of the thread.

The nation of Muslims must prepare for the great war, so as to completely wipe out the Zionist regime, and remove this cancerous growth. Like the Imam (Ayatollah) Khomeini said: 'Israel must collapse.'"
I do not see that statement as anything other than a "desire" for the removal of the current Zionist "rulers" of Israel.

Desire … wish … longing … yearning … craving … aspiration.

arri
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/27/2006 1:10:18 PM
Iran is not exactly being a boy scout either. There is no question that they have economic ambitions of their own. They also feel morally obligated to assist the Palestinians while aiding their own plan.

Old cultures are smart enough to know that in the long term, the only commodity worth trading is credibility. They have signed and ratified the NPT and every other biological, chemical weapons ban treaty, often as the original signatories. To the best of my knowledge, over their 2500 year history, they have never broken any of their international treaties.

The only threat to Israel is the continuation of funding of Hezbollah and Hamas by Iran.
 arri
Msg: 120
Posted: 11/27/2006 3:31:37 PM

and its terrible that arabs are killing their own kind.

Neither are they killing your kind, their kind or any other kind.
 passionteman
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/28/2006 7:24:58 AM
OP: Show us the actual link to the original article so that it could be read in other languages including its own original farsi language.
 cotter
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2006 9:37:19 AM
The OP has not been on here for some time. I did find some links back in msg. 69 posted by "mungojoe" at the bottom of the post:

the original editorials appeared in the newspapers the Kayhan on Oct 19, 2006 and the Resalat on Oct 22, 2006.

a linkt to the Resalat in Farsi

http://www.imi.ir/ns1/selectedsites/farsinews/resalat.htm

or

http://www.resalat-news.com/

and a link to the Kayhan in Farsi

http://www.kayhannews.ir/

Happy hunting, fact-checkers!

Hope that helps ...

passionteman
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/29/2006 8:01:27 AM
Cot:

All the links you have posted talk about withdrawl of US troops from Iraq. I don't see anything there about wiping out Israel so far.
 cotter
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 4:50:10 PM
Don't you understand that the same people who are telling you that these "crazy Middle Easterners" are trying to control the world are the people who actually ARE controlling the world?
Well I'm not so sure about that ... that could be something they have put on their "wish list" that they sent off to Santa though. Let's see, what would that look like ...

Dear Santa ...
I'm so looking forward to Christmas this year ... you know (heh heh) spending a week or two down at the ranch with the family is always a pleasant break from my duties in the Oval Office.

I've been quite busy this year, but there is still much to do before I have to move back home permanently. So here is my wish list this year ...

*Send more weapons to Israel. Those pesky demanding Palestinians are really becoming a problem and we have to do more to speed up the "extermination" process ... vetoing sanctions against Israel has just not been productive enough.

*Immunity for my good friend Donald H. Rumsfeld ... and all of his co-defendants because of that criminal complaint pending in Germany ... the one where the German Federal Prosecutor has been requested to open an investigation and, ultimately, a criminal prosecution that will look into the responsibility of high-ranking U.S. officials for authorizing war crimes in the context of the so-called “War on Terror.”

I can't believe the Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR), the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), the Republican Attorneys' Association (RAV) and others, all represented by Berlin Attorney Wolfgang Kaleck are doing this to them. It's scandalous, just downright scandalous I tell you.

*Dictionary ... for learning the correct use of the English language. The people of this world can be so heartless, Santa ... they tease me incessantly for not being able to pronounce "nuclear" properly. I just gotta (uh) learn that word as I'm preparing to wage "nuclear" war on Iran. My good friends at MEMRI have just informed me that those big meanies in Iran have threatened a "Great war to wipe out my beloved Israel" and that just will not be tolerated, no sir, that is one thing we can't let happen. Who do they think they are anyways those big war-mongeromg intolerable bully Muslims.

Well (heh heh) Santa, old boy ... (heh heh) I know I can count on you to come through for me. You know, you're fast becoming my only hope here. They've gone and turned me into a "Lame Duck" and I just don't know how much I can really depend on the other members of my "Axis of Stoopid" anymore these days.

Yors truly,
"Dubya"

Directed at the post below:
@cptbeam ...
Could you please add a cite when you post statements like that? Please tell us where we can find the information behind those statements.
 cotter
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 10:08:45 PM
@cptbeam ...

would you like to know more
I have asked this before. I would like to see some links to where you are getting all your valuable information so that I can go look up some of the stories you must be reading.

That's just common courtesy ... to post the link for everyone to see and read the same information you are reading. That way we can all discuss the issue on equal grounds.

Thanks ...
 passionteman
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:48:31 AM
Mun

The links are to the newspapers themselves where the editorials appeared. In fact the original editorials don't mention wiping Israel out, even in the MEMRI translated versions. That was the point of posting the links, so that people could get thier own translations and see for themselves that YNet totally fabricated the tone for propaganda purposes.

Of course, if you want to find the original editorials you will have to look in thier archived pages for the dates in question. That would be October 19 for the Kayhan and October 22 for the Resalat (according to the MEMRI translations which can be found at http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD135706).

For sure they have mistranslated it for their own propoganda. I know several languages myself including Farsi. I read through those articles and none of them talk about wiping Israel off the map. Besides, I just returned from South Asia two days ago and there was no such thing in their newspapers or media either.

CPT

an iranian a bomb is something we will have to accept. islamic republic of iran has been recognized as the biggest state spnsor of terrorism in the world. it has funded trained and armed several terrorist org. such as hezbollah, hamas, and islamic jihad, who openly advocate the destruction of israel. the u.s. had economic sanctions against iran for 26 yrs,

I think you need to get the facts straight. US is the country that has done nuclear test on humans, not Iran. US government has been funding radicals and fundamentalists from the beginning of war in Afghanistan. All those Mujahideen residing in Pakistan were fully funded by US government. Now some of those people serve in Karzai government although they are blacklisted while the rest, such as Hekmatyar is considered a terrorist. Those who help and support terrorists are terrorists themselves.
 arri
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/30/2006 8:27:45 AM
The whole nuclear nonsense came out of some strategy secession among the neo-cons as a way to put more sanctions on Iran. The whole idea of building bombs with enriched uranium and then firing at Israel is a joke. Problem is, now that this nonsense strategy being put off by the UN (They are not as dumb as the neo-cons think they are), the Americans find themselves painted into a corner.

The issue now is ... Keep with the rhetoric and threats or open dialogue with Iran and ask for their help with Iraq and the Palestinian issue would certainly be an important part of the discussions.

I doubt israel would care to back off from their land grab for the sake of the Americans in Iraq. They more likely would appreciate an open warfare between Iran and the US.
 cotter
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2006 11:16:41 AM
apparently i am not well liked for posting what i read and beleive in
I see no evidence of that.

do i have to say where i get my information other than cnn and fox news?
It would be helpful when making a statement ... if you could supply your fellow posters with a source of information.
CNN and Faux News are well-known here in the pond for being very selective about the news they report ... it's not neutral in any way, not at all complete, and is so slanted to the neocons, that most intelligent people cannot be bothered with it. At the most, it is a source of entertainment and for me would hold about as much attention as a freak show at a circus ... I usually walk right by those and don't even consider looking. But that's just my opinion.

if it is a forum rule i suppose i will submit an article
As far as I know, it's not required, however it gives us something to look at and read ... that way we are all informed of what you have seen and can better comment on it.

i also read all the news papers published in israel.
Then note that it is your source and let us know where we can see the article ... most newpapers have on line sites that show their articles.

but if you want me to quote a sentence out of a newspaper clip only i guess my rights will be violated from freedom of speach????
That statement makes no sense to me, but perhaps others will understand the point you are trying to make. How can a person's freedom of speech be violated if they are quoting a sentence out of a newspaper clip?

seems i am mostly the only one here who beleives his counrty can not do no wrong.
Oh ... not at all. But there are many "realists" here as well. I count myself as being a person who takes pride in wanting to know as many sides to the story as I can find. Be aware ... and don't get too comfortable with the "propaganda" being spewed at us ... try to step out of the box and see things as they really are.

OT ... Just want to send out my thanks to those who are so well informed and so talented that they were able to show us the true translation of the article in question in the OP. When seeing it as it really reads ... it certainly sheds a whole new light on the topic and tells us to be aware of the "translation services" used to translate such material.

Getting to the truth is so very important. Keeps us on our toes and helps us make good judgment calls when hearing and reading about the world we live in.

arri
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/30/2006 2:41:30 PM
As far as I am concerned, the Jewish people are fine people. But I am not too happy with the way the Palestinians are being treated ... don't care much for Israel either ... but more importantly ... why does the security of Israel have anything to do with the security of United States?
 passionteman
Msg: 144
Posted: 11/30/2006 3:12:46 PM

mr ahmandinejad made this speach on oct 20- to relocate the jews to alaska

Give us the link to the video of speech where his exact words are there so that everyone can see. Any tom,****and harry can make a website such as www.theisraelproject.org and put something on there.
 cotter
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2006 3:19:22 PM

if you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it , people will eventually come to beleive it.
And that's the idea of using MEMRI as a translation service ... produce the lies and feed them to the people long enough and often enough and they will eventually come to believe it.

hamas and hezbollah are committed to israels destruction and insists it will not halt its nuclear weapons.
Hamas and Hezbollah do not have nuclear weapons.

i believe that god will bless those who bless israel and is separating the wheat from the chaff
Where was God when the Catholics were cheering on the Nazi's during the Holocaust? The Catholics were the biggest supporters of the Holocaust in Germany. I personally spoke with people (while living there for 10 years) who told me of going to church every Sunday and listening to the sermons of how the world needed to be ridded of the Jews.

once again the jewish people are being tested
Yes, they are indeed being tested ...
*Should they or shouldn't they do the right thing and quit killing the Palestinians ... they should know what genocide is all about ... right?
*Should they or shouldn't they stop building the settlements on the land they stole from the Palestinians ... and quit saying the land is needed for a military buffer zone unsafe for Palestinians to live in while Jews live there in posh communities?
*Should they or shouldn't they do the right thing and give the stolen land back to the Palestinians ... and learn to be happy with that which was given to them ... 55% of the land which was the most fertile of the land when they got it?

Hoo boy ... the list could go on ... one just has to look at a list of the sanctions against Israel to know what's really involved.

when people say they want you dead, you ought to beleive them.
No doubt the Palestinians could sing a song about that ... it's only been 60 years now that the killing has been going on ... but what's a few years in their lives?

arri
Msg: 146
Posted: 11/30/2006 3:19:54 PM
@ strangebloom

That's probably an idea for another thread.

The reason I asked that question was because the media makes a big deal out of Iran being this big bad crazy country that is trying its ass off to make some 1st generation clunky uranium bomb to wipe out Israel.

This wiping off is really silly and I for one feel that my intelligence is constantly insulted by repeated catchy phrase "wipe Israel off the Map" .. I mean, its now a slogan that should be made into a bumper sticker ...

I can see the value and the intelligence behind the selling process ... but the media now is overselling. Worst, they are forcing every other English speaking media repeat the same thing.

Every time, Iran or Ahmadinejad is mentioned, so is "wipe Israel off the Map"

What surprises me even more, I went and did a research and these translations are not coming from MEMRI ... actually, MEMRI translated the phrase pretty correctly. So, this makes me think. Israelis may not be behind this. Besides, there is no map whipping in Hebrew either and they would have translated it into their own slogan "push Israel into the sea."

"Wipe Israel off the Map" is very American. Its something that someone like Rumsfeld would say behind the doors .. and then somehow, this imaginary threat to Israel becomes a threat to US .. and everyone is talking about military action.

cedar77
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2006 12:13:55 PM
I doubt israel would care to back off from their land grab for the sake of the Americans in Iraq. They more likely would appreciate an open warfare between Iran and the US.

appreciate it ? or command it ?
 arri
Msg: 154
Posted: 12/1/2006 5:51:53 PM
@ cptbeam

I think you are trolling. For your answers, feel free to read the previous 10 pages.

I think it's time we let this thread die and make a bumper sticker out of "Wipe Israel off the map" with nice little graphics ... maybe a pretty Persian girl with a map and an eraser in a bikini
 passionteman
Msg: 156
Posted: 12/1/2006 8:02:55 PM
Every single country on the face of the earth has FULL RIGHTS to build Nuclear weapons to defend itself as long as US has them. Don't want to get the bullying power bully you.
 cotter
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2006 11:24:55 AM
if condalezza rice didnt convince israel to a quick ceize fire would this rally have ever happened?
Condaleeza Rice did no such thing ... when the UN was requesting the US to intervene, "Dubya" made a public statement that the US would not intervene ... they wanted to give Israel a chance to do as much damage as possible.

arri wrote:
I think you are trolling. For your answers, feel free to read the previous 10 pages.
I'm ready to agree here ... I'm trying to be very patient with the statments you are making, but I do have to ask:
*Where the H*ll are you coming up with this information that you keep posting?
*Do you honestly believe it?
*Do you have a true interest in the truth?
*Do you really want some logical answers to your questions / statements?
*Are you just making off the wall statements and totally ignoring when a poster gives you proof otherwise with a reference to check?
*Have you looked at any of the information that many of the very well-informed posters have provided?
*Are you just so satisfied to let people pump you full of ignorant propaganda and you just keep repeating it to us with the hope that we'll swallow it as you have?

cotter
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2006 4:07:29 PM
cpt wrote:
well i am not going to beleive half of what i hear in this forum your proof or not
I suppose ignorance is bliss ... whatever allows a person to sleep well at night.

it seems eveything isreal does is wrong, i detect some anti semite feelings.
It occurs to me that is your interpretation of what has been written about Israel's lack of compliance with all the UN sanctions against them ... that has nothing to do with anyone posting in this thread ... that's a national issue that is yet unresolved.

here i post some info with proof and some without just like you, its my opinion and so is yours.
Most post with proof ... have done so repeatly and not only in this thread, but in many others. Many in this thread have been following this issue as it has developed and are extremely familiar with their sources ... as well, extremely familiar with bogus sources.

That's what posting in these threads is all about. In some cases, it's a person seeking information and many are here to help. They do not lurk here in these particular forums ... most especially the current events and political forums ... with the objective to misinform people ... they are here because they are sincerely interested in helping to enlighten.

Some open their minds and actually allow themselves to be enlightened ... some go down fighting to the bitter end.

phine_likker
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:08:09 PM

"Iran is preparing to start the next apocalypse, and wipe out every Jew in Israel.
How many times can the president of Iran say that before people will start to believe him?"

I believe that A. Hitler laid out much of his philosophy & plans in "Mein Kampf" many years before his ascension to power, but few then took him very seriously either..
 arri
Msg: 168
Posted: 5/4/2007 8:27:34 PM
It's so funny and absolutely pathetic when you guys try to compare that little fart, Ahmadinejad to Hitler

Iranians politics don't give anyone that kind of power, not even the supreme leader who is actually in charge of foreign policy and security. Not president.

Iranians have no interest in a war with Israel. They are supporting the resistance groups mostly for ideological reasons. These days, all the Arab countries are either kissing up to the US, or occupied with the exception of Syria ... and US kisses up to Israel.

As a result, Israel is after US to force Iran to withdraw its support of the Palestinians and Hezbollah. If US is successful which is doubtful, I am certain any trace of the Palestinian occupied territories would be "wiped off the man" as it has in the Israeli students text books. If on the other hand, Israel actually make a fair deal with the Palestinians, Iran will withdraw its support.
 arri
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/5/2007 7:51:22 AM

If the Iranians developed those tactics, then 90 Days is more than enough to sink Iran. They are no more capable at war than Saddam/Iraq's military "was"..

If that's the case, then why all the tough talk and no action?

I think we just found someone that is dumber than bush
 phine_likker
Msg: 171
Posted: 5/5/2007 11:02:42 AM

It's so funny and absolutely pathetic when you guys try to compare that little fart, Ahmadinejad to Hitler

well; Hitler was a laughable pathetic little fart (unemployed would-be artist, physically & intellectually unimposing 'loser'; and author of the "Beer Hall Putsch" ) until the late 1930's too, then all of a sudden people weren't laughing so much any more..

things do change over time.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >