Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MidWestAussie
Msg: 2721
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?Page 112 of 87    (47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87)

"It's simply not R E A L I S T I C to think one has much chance at all if many of the people are of poor quality for numerous reasons. "

"It's simply not R E A L I S T I C to think one has much chance at all if the person is female."

Fixed.
 flamingjune1960
Msg: 2722
view profile
History
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 5/14/2017 3:13:28 PM
Picture or no picture, does it matter? Most people don't believe the pictures that are posted anyway. If there is one thing I have learned from this venue, it is not to trust anyone. It really doesn't matter how many pictures you post if people don't think you are for real.
I had a guy send me a message a couple days ago that said "Do you have any more pictures?" No hello, how are you, nice smile. Oddly enough, he had no pictures posted at all. Go figure. I just told him nope, I weigh 350 pounds and I'm hoping my sparkling personality will drive you wild with desire...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 2723
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2017 4:41:32 PM

Picture or no picture, does it matter?

Yes.

Most people don't believe the pictures that are posted anyway.

I think that's a pretty false statement. Otherwise folks wouldn't be frustrated or heartbroken upon meeting someone who looked very different than their pic(s). Certainly there are some very paranoid people out there due to bad experiences, but there's also some so naive that if you had a picture of a cat, they'd think a cat's Really talking to them (lol)... but most people are in the middle. It varies profile to profile, the believability is dependent on the # of pictures shown and how they're taken. I've met more than my fair share of gals online, and I pretty much know when one's pretty questionable, or pretty solid.

Of course pictures matter. A very high % of profiles that have numerous pictures at different angles of high quality -- tend to be pretty accurate. As long as you go with the least-best looking one as what they'll look like in person when it's a solidly laid out one -- you'll only get scarce surprises.
 boozyshamrockshake
Msg: 2724
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2017 11:15:02 PM

lives/works in a community so small
not sure if this is in response to what I wrote, but I'm not looking locally. There are no available men here, I'm mainly looking about 30 miles away, in the nearest "real" city.
 boozyshamrockshake
Msg: 2725
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2017 11:47:15 PM
So, it looks as though half of us are all for it, and half of us think it's a terrible idea. I don't personally have my picture up because I don't want to drive the fellas crazy seeing how ridiculously gorgeous I am. To encapsulate 115 pages of responses, it's both shallow to contact people based on their looks, and it's "suspicious" to not let us all see what you look like. Given that there are a frillion people on here, I don't see what the problem is. If you don't like it, leave us picture-less types alone. Given that one person apparently can do a stunning imitation of looking like several different people, it's proof that the pictures are virtually worthless, anyway. Most people with a normal amount of humbleness are our own worst critics. Just because we don't personally like our looks doesn't mean other people agree with that assessment. It's not a lack of self worth. Unless you think the shell you're walking around in is "you". I don't happen to think it is. I've been outside of mine at least twice as proof that we aren't our bodies. Sorry to get all metaphysical on your asses.
 gtomustang
Msg: 2726
Posted: 6/6/2017 8:32:53 AM
it could be argued that we only think its shallow to contact people based on their looks...when its other people not contacting us based on OUR looks :)
 Blueyes4you
Msg: 2727
Posted: 6/9/2017 7:46:20 PM
No way... yet many post NON HUMAN jpegs...
Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.Click here to report this profile if the main image doesn't show the user's face.
 Nestaron
Msg: 2728
Posted: 6/9/2017 8:46:03 PM
Just do what I do imagine every women is this one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0xpkk0yaQ
 DarkjujuEmpath
Msg: 2729
Posted: 8/29/2017 9:09:30 AM
AAAH No. Most of the men who do not have a picture would not contact women without a picture or they are married. I hate hunting down your wife to show her the emails you sent me.

I am in the forum because I have been stuck in the house since Thursday because the storm. I am dying here from boredom.
 ohenryx
Msg: 2730
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2017 1:16:19 PM

I am in the forum because I have been stuck in the house since Thursday because the storm. I am dying here from boredom.

She posted a bunch over the last few days, and then disappeared? Maybe the flood waters got her? No, her profile would still show, she must have taken it down.

I don’t know why she was stuck in the house since Thursday. It didn’t start raining in Houston until late Friday night. I worked all day Friday in downtown Houston, and went to the gym after work.

Saturday night, I went out dancing with my Meetup group. Which probably wasn’t very wise, I did have to deal with some high water getting home. But it has been a long boring spell here in Houston, I’ll grant you that. Unless of course you are one of those who got flooded, in which case it has been TOO exciting, in a very negative way.

Back on topic, many years ago I tried meeting a few women with no picture. My experiences were 100% negative, so I quit doing that. I will answer and talk online, but I will not meet until I see pictures.
 hey_suze
Msg: 2731
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2018 4:59:39 AM
I won’t even chat without a picture
I have to have some physical attraction to want someone, and would find it too awkward to chat, they then send a pic and you say..oh sorry, I’m afraid you do nothing for me...how awful would that be for both of us 😢
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 2732
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2018 8:54:55 AM
I send a picture and get a reply every time. It usually is something like this:

"Oh great butt wipe, thanks for your mug shot, I just vomited up my entire dinner looking at it."

The Bulimics are much kinder and appreciative, however.
 CBGB77
Msg: 2733
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2018 10:12:42 AM
I met both my (ex)wives through ads they had placed with no photo. My first wife had a penpal ad in Kerrang Magazine in 1987(she lived in Japan) and my 2nd wife I met in 2002 through an ad she had placed in Yahoo Personals.
 ohenryx
Msg: 2734
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2018 11:23:45 AM

hey_suze
I won’t even chat without a picture
I have to have some physical attraction to want someone, and would find it too awkward to chat, they then send a pic and you say..oh sorry, I’m afraid you do nothing for me...how awful would that be for both of us 😢

I don't usually approach women who do not have a picture posted. But over the years a number of women with no picture have contacted me. If I don't see anything horrible in their profile, I will reply and converse with them. I will not meet before seeing a picture, and if the picture is that bad, I just say, "Sorry, we are not a match."

It was they who choose to go online without a picture, and they just have to take the consequences of their own actions. Sorry, just how it is here in the real world.
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 2735
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2018 12:19:56 PM
How many people here have talked with someone on line, seen their photos and found them very attractive/to their liking, then met them in person and the person looks nothing like their photo(s), or the pic was of them 50 pounds and 10 years ago (not to be rude, but I went through this) ?

It happened to me not too long ago - and now I always feel compelled to ask anyone I am going to talk to if their pic is real or recent.

Looks are not the most important draw for me, but I do feel I have the right to know if I am being jerked around or not. I was really freaked out by that and I really do not like the thought of it happening again...any similar stories or opinions??

I'd love those who are doing it to admit to it as well...because I'd love to know why you'd do that...and please don't say that the photo from 1998 is the most recent photo on line you have.

Sorry, just how it is here in the real world.

You forgot to add: in your experience(s) or in your world.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 2736
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2018 6:34:42 PM

How many people here have talked with someone on line, seen their photos and found them very attractive/to their liking, then met them in person and the person looks nothing like their photo(s), or the pic was of them 50 pounds and 10 years ago

I LOVE those stories !

"Foolproof" formulas that aren't so foolproof after all.
 from site to sight
Msg: 2737
Posted: 4/10/2018 5:44:54 AM
^^^That's why it's best to meet in person sooner rather than later-instead of playing text tag for eons, and building up a fantasy image of the person hiding behind a screen. The first meet doesn't have to be a grandiose event. Spending 20 minutes or half an hour meeting face-to-face will tell you more about a person than exchanging a zillion texts with a stranger.
 Tech30
Msg: 2738
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:38:41 AM
True, I dont understand why some people text back and forth for weeks without meeting.
I tend to try to meet within a week. Then we can find out if we actually click and not waste a ton of time.
 KPOL52
Msg: 2739
Posted: 4/13/2018 10:24:45 PM
Yea OK. This thread was started in 05.

So what. That's NOT why It has almost 3K responses. A couple or 3 of those are mine over the years.

Both quality of pics as well as lack of pics are w/o question the biggest downfall of people utilizing OLD.

This includes people on BOTH sides of the pic fence.

People expecting "good" results who have no pictures or nothing but crummy ones.

And the ones on the other side of the fence, those folks one million percent sure ANYONE on an OLD site w/o pics SHOWING is positively absolutely a scumbag or criminal of some sort. Up to no good.

Forum history shows that folks with this mindset ^^^ invariably have very poor "luck" with their "meets" if they have any at all.
 siisaa
Msg: 2740
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 1:17:20 PM
I have met a guy with no picture at all. It was the very definition of "blind date". He was decent-looking enough but lame in other ways. I never wanted to see him again. He made a comment that I should try to hit on the waiter & wanted to thumb-wrestle at the table while we waited for our meal. I was 25...26 at the time?? & he was around the same age. I stopped thumb-wrestling in elementary school.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 2741
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 5:00:38 PM
I have said before- when people go to parties & other social events, do they walk around w/ paper bags over their heads?
 hemingway234
Msg: 2742
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:56:26 AM
I've had blind dates before the days of the internet, cell phones with cameras built in, and selfies.

One lady I talked to on the phone, never saw her until we met at a resturant - it never went anywhere, she was not attracted to me when we met.

Another lady I picked up was a set up from friends - turns out she was just being nice to the friends, did not want to say "no"....... turns out she was gay. I'm sure there are others I can't remember.

In the early days of dating, some men had better success meeting women when they did not have a pic in their profile. But I'm sure they had a high rejection rate when they did meet. I doubt that would work now anyway, people are a lot more savvy.

I would not recommend meeting someone these days without a pic..... pics are way too easy. At the least, you want to have an idea of what they look like so you can find your date, lol! Also, I'd like to know there is a good chance I won't throw up when I meet her!
 Spectrallight
Msg: 2743
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 3:16:43 PM

I've had blind dates before the days of the internet, cell phones with cameras built in, and selfies.

Reminds me of eyeballs from the CB Radio era. Loved those days. Speak to local women, and before you knew it you were around for a brew ;) Oh to be 18 again :)

I had a few women in mid 30's knock on a few times that I had spoken to and never arranged. The great thing was no pressure and people weren't crude. Another thing was they could earwig on you speaking to others. so it was easy to get to know you in many ways.

Now we're all reduced to thumbnails hahahahahaah. Quite pathetic when you think about it.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 2744
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 2:55:35 AM

I have said before- when people go to parties & other social events, do they walk around w/ paper bags over their heads?

In a way, some do-when their entire lives revolve around their cell phone, and block out the rest of the world. If they're walking across a busy intersection, they would rather take the chance of stepping into on-coming traffic than take their eyes off of their phone for one second to check for traffic. Turning people into mindless zombies used to be the theme of sci-fi movies, but now it's a reality with cell phones turning people into zombies.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 2745
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 5:27:38 AM

…………….. take the chance of stepping into on-coming traffic than take their eyes off of their phone for one second to check for traffic. Turning people into mindless zombies used to be the theme of sci-fi movies, but now it's a reality with cell phones turning people into zombies.

People have died doing this.^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Also, "Woman dies after fall at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Michigan
Updated Sep 20, 2018; Posted Sep 19, 2018"
(She was using her cell phone taking a selfie)"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >