Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rocky444
Msg: 51
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?Page 3 of 116    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I just like to say. Pictures don't mean a thing I have met some 10's offline , but if yiu add thier personality to it they became a negative 5. I have met some people off line who would have been considered 4's but if you added their personality to it they became 9's. So beauty comes from the inside not the outside. So if your looking for a friendship or relationship you have to look deep into the heart and soul. So if looks are #1, you'll probably find no one!
 Fifi47
Msg: 52
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 3/31/2005 2:46:42 PM
Dang, Rocky444 sounds wonderful and he lives in Canada.....
 Rocky444
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/2/2005 9:44:11 AM
Where do you live?
 budman55
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/2/2005 10:18:47 PM
So sorry for you
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2005 10:55:11 PM
Heck, I have even had problems with some of the women I have seen pictures of.

Nothing like misrepresenting yourself to a potential lover. Post a ten year old picture, or one that looks nothing like you do.

I once had this lovely experience of getting this picture before the first date of a woman that had described herself as average.

She must have weighed 400 lbs. ( and no, that isn't an exaggeration)

Same thing for 35 year olds that are actually 45-50.

Neither of those things are bad, in and of themselves. It is just the misrepresentation that saddened me.

You need to be honest to build a good foundation, and lying about something you cannot hide when you meet is pretty stupid in my opinion.
 Fifi47
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/4/2005 6:23:53 AM
I live in Georgia, north of Atlanta. ( I think that someone asked where I lived)
 moonstarr
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/9/2005 2:46:00 AM
I come into this realizing that my opinion is not the popular one, but I shall still cautiously throw in my two (or three, lol?) cents worth. I rarely ever meet people now, unless they're just looking for a good friend, someone to talk to, or whatnot, being that now I'm taken. However, I'm a fairly shy person and feel it is easier to express myself online. So I spend much time here. And as a result, yes I have met people without pictures. Quite a few, actually.

I've found that many times even if you see a picture, the person bears no or little semblance to it, and nine times out of ten you're left wondering how the computer pulled up such an image when it was not even close to accurate. Did the people mean to deceive you? Usually, no. I don't think they do in many cases. Just out of habit or whatnot people tend to post a photo that shows them at their 'best' point - not a typical day.

Some, however, are not entirely "with it" and they WILL cause ruckus to your life. Even if they're sometimes overall nice people.

For example: My husband (no, didn't meet him online) and I were not married yet, in fact he and I had dated and were split up temporarily. Seemed permanent at the time. We were still close friends. I was online in the infamous Yahoo Chat Rooms. I typically used the library because at the time I had no home computer that was capable of the net. I went in, set down, and started typing. There was a girl to one side of me and a guy to the other at that time. Everything started off as normal. Went in, asked for someone to talk with. Found a chat partner, yippy skippy. He asks my A/S/L... at the time I said 21, f and Kansas. He wished me to be more specific about my location, and so I told him my general area, but not town by any means.

It's necessary to mention at this point - that profile used to have a decent picture of me on it. Just a face shot, it was a few months old but I relatively at least still looked the same, except for my hair.

The person typing amazed me and said "You live in ____ don't you?" He got a nervous response... what makes you say that? "I'm on 3," he said. For a moment I felt silly and foolish and lost and all that good stuff... and even more so when I realized my computer had a number above it.

I look up and the red-haired stranger sitting right next to me waved. Came close to fear induced heart attack at that moment lol. Sure enough, the gentleman had recognized my picture. YIKES. I'd had other strange things happen through the online world, but no one had ever pulled a stunt on me like that. He asked if I'd hang out, which I was alright with, after chatting for awhile longer. I think I would have felt bad saying no anyway since he was, after all, sitting right next to me.

My ride came to pick me up at the time I was scheduled to leave. I told him I was going to go hang with a friend I had met at the library that day. He says cool, have a good time.

I didn't encounter TOO much trouble on that first meeting, he was a little pushy but a nice person overall. I did tell him I would just like to be friends. Which he said ok... though he didn't understand why.

I planned on talking to him over messenger several more times before we ever hung out again, however - that option was taken away from me rather abruptly. You must understand, the car I was getting into that day was not exactly nondescript. It was big and blue with tons of stickers every which way (was bought like that). Anyone who noticed it parked at my place would know exactly where I resided.

I'd never had any problems with that before though, no big deal right? WRONG.

A very short while later my ex and I (who I'm now married to) settled our differences and got back together. On a very sad night when our Daschund puppy got run over, we got a knock at the door. GUESS WHO.

You got it. He recognized the car (thankfully we've sold it since then! It's gone )
and decided to help himself on showing up at my house. HELP! My husband / by then bf knew this was the person I had left the library with. Not knowing what to do I introduced them and he insisted (yes, insisted) on coming in for awhile.

We found out he was only in the area for awhile and was homeless. NO, I was not about to give him a place to stay. I'm sorry but strange people in my home is not an option! However we did feed him and give conversation.

This happened several times for a few weeks, he would show up and stick around for hours, even if we said we had something else we had to go do. He knew J and I had gotten back together, so what he thought he was going to gain I'm not certain.

I feel lucky he did not turn out to be some predator. If he can IM me, recognize my pic, find my car and my home with little effort, what else was he capable of? And for the record, my now-husband was even not rude to him, which I thought was really super great of him.

Anyway - Even though I'm just lookin' for friends now, yes I would meet someone without a picture, because I myself don't have one, and I believe there are reasons out there not to... and that story is the big one on my mind at the moment. Frankly it's in large part why I took that picture down off the prof it was on.

I can still get to it, so if I talk to someone for any length of time and I think they're alright, I can choose to show them the picture - or not, if I don't feel safe about it!

One thing I've learned from all my experiences is for those of you that are out there searching, my advice is to meet in a public place, all they 'hype' about not going to a private place to meet right away... truly can be helpful!

With all that said (Apologize about the length of this, but I love to write) ... I am not saying all meeting online experiences are bad. Back when I was in college, I got bored one day and was in the computer lab yapping away like I do, and ran into a local man who wanted to meet for a pop/coffee. No problem - it was awesome, he put no pressure on me. We sat and talked about Stephen King and various things over Root Beer/Coffee for over an hour. We weren't attracted to each other in the least, but it was still a nice time, and I'll be darn if I haven't moved since that day over two years ago and that man is now my neighbor!

Also was using a different site in that day in age (this was middle of 2002) good old MatchDoc, (reg. not adult)... and was talking to folks in my area before I ever moved here. When I got to town I called my friend up and said "Guess what, I'm in town a day early!" We celebrated by meeting downtown in public and later taking a drive around town so I could see the sights of what this town has to offer... he was the most bizarre tour guide I've ever had... and the best! Still talk once in a great blue moon just to say hi.

Did any of these people have pictures? Two of the three didn't, no. I have concluded you take your chances no matter what you do online lol. It can be a great place to hang out and get to know people, or in rare instances it can be a very scary ordeal.

But for those of you that say you won't ever meet someone without a picture, I just ask you to consider why no pic is there for some people. Feel free however though as you will to continue or not, the practices you have.
 Rocky444
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/9/2005 5:31:19 AM
Yes i have, but I was totally disappointed when I met her, because in her profile it said she was of average build when she was full figured. I wouldn't have been disappointed if her profile had told the truth. Because I am overweight myself which says it in my profile. So honesty is the best way to describe yourself.
 lone56wolf
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/9/2005 11:13:32 AM
Met many without pics ... and one with. The appearance doesn't really matter ... unless the way they describe themselves is just so far from the truth it makes me doubt anything they'd say. One of those "blind dates" actually turned out to be a lot prettier than I expected ... and the relationship lasted four-and-a-half-months. In every case ... it was what can't be seen in a photograph that ended it.

Steve
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2005 7:55:17 PM
Or started it ?
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/9/2005 8:08:32 PM
OK how BRAVE???? I am pretty daring, or rather brave...A friend asked me to meet her friend, who I have never seen, only spoke with on the phone...Yep gonna meet him, why the heck not right???? Take a chance...DARE TO BE BRAVE....Anyhow its too late to chicken out, he is already on his way...Yikes...well wish me luck!!!!! I will need it to be a miracle here, so I dont when I see him...Well its only for a while right?
 Quack
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/9/2005 8:19:35 PM
Yep done that a couple times, never again.. you would be supprised how people picture themselves.
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/10/2005 12:13:10 AM
OK......PEOPLE REMEMBER WHAT I AM TELLING YOU THIS VERY SECOND.....

DONT EVER, I MEAN EVER MEET SOMEONE YOU DONT KNOW, OR RATHER HAVENT SEEN....OMG!!!!tonight was just simply awful...In so many horrid ways... I am never again trusting my friends, got to re-evaluate them as friends, if they dont know that i have much better taste, and am not just gonna go out with some guy for sex....I DONT DO THE ONE NIGHT STAND THING, AND ITS WILL NEVER BE A CONSTANT ONE NIGHTER.....HELL F*CKEN NO WAY....I should have gotten paid for going out with this guy....sooooo NOT my type on SOOOO many twisted levels...

HEED MY WARNING FOLKS....dont trust anyone but yourself...
 smitten2meetu
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/10/2005 10:26:36 AM
Honey^^ I had a similiar experience many years ago with one of my g/f setting me up...the guy had an IQ of cucumber and personality of hole puncher and talked like a wanna be surfer...When i started to see how dumb this fella was, i told my g/f she was banned for life and if this is what you thought was my taste, you don't know me well enough...so Honey, just like my friend, her opinion of me was questionable and her taste suck big time..If you're lucky, and I know you have humour, you will be laughing at this down the road, but tell your friend they're banned for life.... When i had my friend set me up, I was in my early 20's and I am happy to say, i haven't had any friends ever set me up...once was enough.

I know what you went through all to well...
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/10/2005 10:34:02 AM
I hear ya SMITTEN....I had my best friend set me up long ago, a couple times...BLIND date, but both of those lead to relationships....
This friend, OMG she is way insane...I cant begin to tell ya...But this was her idea of what she thought i needed...I think for her it was the thought that I havent been with a man in a while, and she wanted to get me laid, but ICK, this guy was SOOOOOOOO digusting to me that even if I closed my eyes, it wouldnt have helped...LOL NEVER again, seriously will I allow for another friend to fix me up.... I should have run away....I should have...but its done over, and I can always change my phone number, and block him from my messenger...BE DONE WITH IT COMPLETELY...

MY BEST ADVICE FOLKS...
DONT I MEAN DONT MET ANYONE YOU HAVENT SEEN FIRST....I MEAN LIKE ON CAM, NOT JUST A PHOTO...people lie about the pics, CAM CANT LIE.....
 shy_lovin_gal
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/14/2005 7:14:49 AM
i have met a few off line with no pic . you take a chance and get what you get. but if i think there a great person and we get along on chattin well looks dont mean so much whats in side stays forever looks can fade and hell im not anything great myself in the looks part but i have a heart of gold and if anyone ever takes the time to get to know me with out runnin from my looks he will see im worth it

Since love grows within you, so beauty grows.
For love is the beauty of the soul.

what the eyes see the heart denies, what the heart sees the mind denies, what the mind needs is the heart to feel
 salamander000
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2005 7:27:11 AM
I used to have a lot of pics of myself up (back when you could have more than 8) But I have found that by not putting my face as a main pic, many people have written me who might otherwise been (excuse me for saying this) intimidated....it's fun to have a variety of pics to show, but dang those auto timers, mirrors, flashes, and looking like a fool in public just trying to get that 'right angle.' I give up, pic or no, doesn't matter anymore, it's what's inside. I am just like the next person (curious) and all of my pics are less than 6 months old, but at least I put my face in em...I dunno, up to the individual. Does it really require 'bravery?' Hmmm.....
 justaguy13
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/14/2005 9:13:13 AM
Dont' fret Sal....I saved all your pics to my hard drive.
 pumped200
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/14/2005 9:21:32 AM
I do meet with people who had no posted pics and the sooner the better. Yes there are many disappointments before you find the ONE but its faster than talking indefinately with someone that is not the ONE. Of course the saftey net is a pre-agreed time frame of 20 minutes for a coffee that lets everyone off the hook gently without embarassment. Some of the best contacts I made had no pics for various reasons. On the other hand I have been mislead by some who had pics. Those who depend on pics are asking for a big let down in my experience and those who insist on pics will miss a lot off the best choices. Lets face it there is still a stigma in some eyes to using the internet for dating. I have heard many reasons for not posting a pic and the most common was so that relatives kids and coworkers do not stumble across their posted pic......and most had pics to send when requested. So to those who insist on posted pics enjoy the fifty% that is NOT the best 50%. Personally I will enjoy the rest.
 pumped200
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/14/2005 9:31:34 AM
I think your over reacting personally. Yes youshould have seen him before the date for a quick coffee. Cams and pics are too artifical in my view. Whats wrong with a face to face in a public setting for a few minutes. They could be king cong and it would not hurt you. I speak from experience and I am no worse for it. Don't let one experience cloud your judgement and reduce the field unnecessarily....just see them first...briefly...I agree.
 919rider
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/15/2005 10:04:46 AM
without exception every woman I've met who didn't have a pic posted was obese... not chubby but HUGE
 Smiles59
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/16/2005 7:02:52 PM
No fair 919rider! I am not obese but took my pic off for some very serious safety reasons.

After I talk to someone and if they ask , I will send them one. But I will tell you one thing that is for real. I ticked off overweight on purpose. I think I am. I have a daughter who is outstandingly pretty and ..she thinks she is. I have a 10 year old granddaughter who thinks she is and she is as skinny as a rail. Women are always on a diet and when we are trying to be honest..we answer yes to overweight. I wish a man would ask if I were healthy or fit or what I like to do or believe in.... before he asks for a picture or how much I weigh. I'm 45 for gosh sakes...nothing is going to be where it was 20 years ago but it is a lot better than where it will be in another 20! By then who cares? I will still be alive and getting on the scale will not be a top priority:)

I made the mistake of answering a guy's profile that sounded so together and aware of what is real and special. Because it read like he had a sense of humour and I am a horrid tease, I made the mistake of teasing a stranger. I got majorally trashed as a middle aged overweight blimp who wasn't even brave enough to put her pic up! Geez was I glad I hadn't. Scared the BG's out of me and I am really a lot more careful now.

Please don't make assumptions until you have at least emailed or talked a few times. And... the other thing is... even after getting a pic, a guy I was actually getting along with pretty good, didn't look so good anymore. Finally I met him for coffee because I was too polite to say no after I had agreed. His pic didn't do a thing for me. He turned up and Holy Cow! Very nice and cool man. But I had blown it by cooling things as soon as I had seen his pic and he said he could tell. My writing went from open to clipped and short.

I'm just saying.....don't jump to conclusions everyone. A lot of us have very real reasons.
 grubeci
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2005 8:11:56 PM
I don't know but you're hot. I'd still go out with you if you wore a bag for the whole date though...

It can happen guys get sick of meat market (look rally game ) too ya know. Maybe humble and basing it all on personality...which is what it turns into when you're both 63 or in the dark anyway. trophy nothing...if you're cutie smiles at you thats all that matters...

did you know that old couples..still see themselves the same way as when they were young..and begin to LOOK and act like each other...

looks...its all an illusion...if I wear a suit and tie and shoes..doese that make me a better more lovable person..it makes me (hotter?) but not better..may say how much money I have..but not better..

blah blah blah..nice hairdo pretty noticable. frames your face and reveals your shoulders...I want you but haven't the energy perhaps.
 grubeci
Msg: 74
view profile
History
In fact.. every woman says looks not most important..no picture..proves it..
Posted: 4/16/2005 8:13:41 PM
handsome is good..but that ends fast. Just like a woman can get ugly we all hope we wont.

everyone looks good when young is my mom saying...old ugly people need lovce too !!! be nice to old mean people..ever think theyve been ignored and not smiled at for 10 years?
 grubeci
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2005 8:15:32 PM
yeah I noted that too - the private pilot thing hahah means not public for airliner - but thought he was just lying to her because he has a wife at home or on one of the 3 stops her "FLIES" to..no photos as I fly mcjagger makes no sense
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?