Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grubeci
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?Page 3 of 87    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
yeah I noted that too - the private pilot thing hahah means not public for airliner - but thought he was just lying to her because he has a wife at home or on one of the 3 stops her "FLIES" to..no photos as I fly mcjagger makes no sense
 catman5169
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 4/16/2005 9:10:46 PM
Didn't read all the posts, so if I repeat someone else, please forgive.

I am not pug-ugly, but I ain't no handsome stud, either. I am not photogenic, either, so you'll most llikely not find my pic on these sites. If we meet, I'd like to be judged for who I am...personality...sense of being....you either will like me or not.

And, how do you know the pic posted belongs to that individual and not someone else?

(Cat now descends his soapbox, and is ready to curl up for the evening's nap)
 foxefire
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2005 9:31:55 PM
Yea, the private pilot thing is a little strange.

I don't think a person should be considered shallow for wanting to see a photo. I know I would never agree to meet someone unless I seen one first. This day and age you really don't know who your talking to on the internet. How many teens girls have been mislead by older men? After seeing his pic at least I have some clue as to what he looks like. When we meet and it doesn't look at all like the person he says he is I will know right away he is being dishonest. If he says he's 6' turns out he's 5' 6", hair to bald, etc.
Let's say for instance he tells me he is 6', slim build, brown/grey hair, blue eyes, beard. Now already in my mind I have this person pictured along with his personality. My mind had already made him to look as I want him to look.
When I meet him my brain didn't tell me his hair looked like Don Kings, he was so skinny if he turned sideways and drank a quart of tomato juice he would like like a theromoter, beard looked like Grizzly Adams, untrimed nosehair and ear hair. Now in no way am I gonna be attracted to him I don't care how great his personality is. Because I know what I am attracted to and I don't have to settle for less.
 foxefire
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2005 5:15:35 AM
^^^^^^^^ I know it is too bad. I'm sure if they want to meet bad enough they will provide one seeing as how it has to do with my feeling at ease.
 coolfled
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/17/2005 1:14:26 PM
Now The Real Question is....

DO YOU WANT TO MEET ME? <<
 coolfled
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/17/2005 1:15:01 PM
Now The Real Question is....

DO YOU WANT TO MEET ME? on behalf of all the guys without pics (incluuding me) tee hee
 Genia
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/19/2005 9:24:48 PM
Before I discovered the vast use of internet meeting, I use to be an advid user of a phone system. In a year and a half, I met approxiamately 70+ men. I simply enjoyed our efforts of converstation and as human beings so we would eventually met. I met a slew of different people. It didn't matter to me because I already liked them as the people they were and I knew that we would get along. What more could you ask for? I met a fitness model to a couple grimaces and everyone inbetween. Things are what you make them. I enjoyed their company and wanted the pleasure of making their acquaintance. It taught me a great deal. Meeting someone whose picture you have never laid eyes on is a risk but why not be ballsy and take it?!
 cheerer
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/23/2005 6:24:36 PM
i did and he was an absoulte prince he was a personal trainer and a marine i fell for him the sec i saw him but his perosnallity was amazing too too bad he is only a friend and overseas now
 Gangrel_in_london
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/26/2005 10:37:51 PM
Well, I'm ugly, but I'm used to me. What's the point in deceiving? I've never used a pic that wasn't mine, but I've always used my pic.

I have yet to go on a date with anyone online...and indeed, I've not been on a date in quite a while. The point is that I'm starting out honest, and requiere the same in return.

We all have our standards.

~W.S.
 addictable
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/30/2005 4:09:37 PM
Brave enough to sure, but have i or do i want to?? NOPE!
This day and age, everyone can get a picture of themselves somehow. You've seen mine, so if you want to talk to me, its only fair I see yours too
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/30/2005 4:38:11 PM
I met someone without a picture once. We had talked quite a bit before meeting and I found him to be an awesome person. Even though I didn't see "romance" for us, we are still very good friends 5 years later. If I had a closed mind and wouldn't meet him because he didn't post a photo, then I would have missed out on the last five years of an awesome friend.
 justmeinnh
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/30/2005 4:59:09 PM
Scares me to death...
 justmeinnh
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/30/2005 5:00:50 PM

I met someone without a picture once. We had talked quite a bit before meeting and I found him to be an awesome person. Even though I didn't see "romance" for us, we are still very good friends 5 years later. If I had a closed mind and wouldn't meet him because he didn't post a photo, then I would have missed out on the last five years of an awesome friend.

Aaah... but that is not what you were originally meeting for was it?
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/30/2005 5:23:41 PM
Justmeinnh

I am only speaking for myself, but meeting someone doesn't mean love will be in the air. Should that happen, that would be grand. For me, it starts as friends. So yes, we meet someone with a beginning friendship. If it grows great, if not, I treasure my friends.
 Earnit22
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2005 1:33:05 AM
Why not? After all,There really some of us fantastic people out there that can not post pictures due to our jobs,and other means that simply state,We can't post a picture due to our contract laws. Just because a picture is not posted doen't mean people are hidding something intentcially. I feel for security reasons that is written in my contract is for our protection,and priviacy of the couples. I see some of the responses say it is not fair to them,as they got pictures posted,but the fact is;It is not fair for those people to exsploit fairness in posting picture,than bashing good people that can not due so because of security.What I mean by that is "I have a picture posted of me,and it is only fair to me,If you don'y have one posted" That is the worst statement anyone could use. My point is that people without posting a picture is a very highly rated to pickup a highly partner,and the stats,prove it too. There are very many good quality people out there that do not post a picture,and are highly rated finding the perfect fairytale ending story that will happen. I would like to hear more responses,amd discussion on this matter. This is a hot topic that people around the world knows it is true. With todays society you are most likely to run into a posted (false or doctored up)picture,to only get your attention,and then most likley dissapointed,and raise a fear (or negitive reaction) of all people that really are out there
looking for love the way it is suppose to be. If you are really true to who you are looking for,this is the only tool of how our past families foud everlasting love.and yes my friends,It it really does truely work.Please let me,know your true feelings,and I know some are going to write how this didn't work for them,well you got to keep trying to be sucessful,and I know you really don't want me to say this,but YES you will succeed..I hope to hear from many of you on this topic. I would like sucessful stories,and uncessful stories,and unsucessful stories,as that is the only way to fix it.Use what hurt you worse,to help make you thr best!!
Have fun.and share it with us all.....

'
 Earnit22
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2005 6:40:56 AM
Why not? After all,There really some of us fantastic people out there that can not post pictures due to our jobs,and other means that simply state,We can't post a picture due to our contract laws. Just because a picture is not posted doen't mean people are hidding something intentcially. I feel for security reasons that is written in my contract is for our protection,and priviacy of the couples. I see some of the responses say it is not fair to them,as they got pictures posted,but the fact is;It is not fair for those people to exsploit fairness in posting picture,than bashing good people that can not due so because of security.What I mean by that is "I have a picture posted of me,and it is only fair to me,If you don'y have one posted" That is the worst statement anyone could use. My point is that people without posting a picture is a very highly rated to pickup a highly partner,and the stats,prove it too. There are very many good quality people out there that do not post a picture,and are highly rated finding the perfect fairytale ending story that will happen. I would like to hear more responses,amd discussion on this matter. This is a hot topic that people around the world knows it is true. With todays society you are most likely to run into a posted (false or doctored up)picture,to only get your attention,and then most likley dissapointed,and raise a fear (or negitive reaction) of all people that really are out there
looking for love the way it is suppose to be. If you are really true to who you are looking for,this is the only tool of how our past families foud everlasting love.and yes my friends,It it really does truely work.Please let me,know your true feelings,and I know some are going to write how this didn't work for them,well you got to keep trying to be sucessful,and I know you really don't want me to say this,but YES you will succeed..I hope to hear from many of you on this topic. I would like sucessful stories,and uncessful stories,and unsucessful stories,as that is the only way to fix it.Use what hurt you worse,to help make you thr best!!
Have fun.and share it with us all.....

'
 cheerer
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/3/2005 12:17:18 PM
i agree with you msports39 you do have a point but i do enjoy seeing who i am talking too
 OnTheBus
Msg: 102
Posted: 5/7/2005 2:57:45 PM
I met several without a pic and they have ALL been good, very good infact.

But ya gotta be able to screen em in other ways.
 moist
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/12/2005 7:44:15 PM
I dont call that brave, I call that stupid.
Yes I know I dont have a pic posted, but I do have pics, and I WOULD never met someone off the net with no pics!!
 FunLovinFella
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/13/2005 12:17:35 AM
Am I brave enough to do it? Hell yeah if someone sounds nice enough and composes themselves well in their profile... only problem is every person I've emailed who has no picture has never replied back, whereas I have gotten replies back from people who did have pictures at least SOMETIMES, I got responses back from non-picture people NEVER, so I guess we'll never know what might have been with that, eh?
 princess864
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/13/2005 3:40:06 PM
its easier to be with someone you can talk to then to be with someone your attracted to. LOOKS FADE OVER TIME great personalitys are forever!!
 cheerer
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/14/2005 11:01:15 AM
@ princess

you tell em girl
 MsRedDress
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/14/2005 11:13:08 AM
@boss

wow

nice surprise !
 cheerer
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/14/2005 11:38:23 AM
lol anyone reallly care meet someone you think is a nice sweet good person in your judgement not societys lol

thats just crazy if you are going to place a relationship soley on the physical asspects and attributions lol

oh well enough Oprah lol
 starr04-1
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/14/2005 6:12:27 PM
I agree with danceinpants
If your on here to meet someone for a relationship then you should know what they look like.
It makes me feel like their trying to hide something.
And it is only fair...I have a pic on here and I have had guy's who don't have a pic on here get mad when you ask for one but don't have a problem asking if you have more?
I'm sorry but I like know what the person I'm talking to looks like.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >