Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FunLovinFella
Msg: 113
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?Page 4 of 87    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Does meeting people with deceptive pics like headshots-only count? I've now been out with 2 women who ONLY had pictures of their faces in their profile, they sounded nice enough online and on the phone so I went out with them only to find that they were easily 2-3 times as big as me, VERY embarassing to end up finding out that my date for the evening is bigger than any other woman in visual range!
 FunLovinFella
Msg: 114
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 5/15/2005 11:57:33 AM
Well Pinacol you got your pic on here but only pics of your face and a lil bit of cleavage, that still shows nothing of the rest of your body... some of the most out of shape women around can have some of the cutest faces, just a face isn't what makes someone physically attractive though, it's the whole package.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/15/2005 12:48:12 PM
I had a bad experience with this...
Met a guy (not from POF) who was funny, fun to talk to...but no pic.
I am pretty open when it comes to looks, but...welll.....lets just kindly say there was no chemistry.
He was 5'4 (said 5'8) and must have been about 400 lbs...the worst part was the...erm...smell
*shudder*
 singlewolf
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/15/2005 11:03:39 PM
i met a girl from here one day, she had no pic. we ended up talkin on the phone for a few days, then she sent me her pic later. all it showed was her face but she looked attractive. we met at a local park, she was hot!! we hung out there for a couple hrs, talked about everything, pretty much. went back to my place and watch the spurs play. i walked her to her car, exchanged hugs and i haven't talked to her since. well ok, once by email. that was about a month ago. needless to say she has issues. at least she could say hi every now and then. so, i will continue to look at profiles w/out pics. i like to read what they write, i think it has the potential to explain themselves better. but i've had more unread/read deleted than anything, still haven't figured that out. that's my story. this online thing has gotten me nowhere, and i'm still here. well, i'm not a quitter.
 OptimumTaurus
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/16/2005 5:31:45 AM
I have never met a person in real life after having had internet discussions with them, but I've met a couple of females after having just talked to them on the phone. While I like to have a visual representation of the person I'm talking to, it's not totally necessary because a great personality takes precedence. I don't want to just sit there and look at a pretty face-- I could just take a picture, it'd last longer.

If I really thought she sounded nice, I'd be willing to throw caution to the wind.
 RedKelly
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/17/2005 11:46:08 AM
Hi Lady...I have a story for you! I have just started and on this site and I decided at first that I had to be a total babe with a capital B, to get any guys attention. So i found a picture of someone that I somewhat resembled and posted that as my picture instead of my own. The e-mail and chatting began in a blink of an eye and I was very interested in some men but I couldn't possibly meet them because they didn't know that the picture was a fake. So to the people(men) that I had already clicked with I told the truth and most didn't care because they liked me for who I was and not the image they saw. One of those men wasn't hurt at all and he's 25...7 years older than me! So we ended up chatting one night for 5 hours! ending at 3am..We talking the following night as well and it was looking as if we were falling in love .
And just recently we meet..haha...he drove 2 hours to meet me and he got to my house at 1 in the morning! I was so worried to let him see him..thinking that he would take one glance and ran for the hills..haha..but when he saw me he told me how beatiful I was(better than the pic to be exact!). We hit it off and plan to see each other very soon. Some people's pictures aren't always 100% true. And some people just don't want their pictures on the internet. Love can come to even invisable people just kidding. I hope that your happy with your man and good luck to the both of you! -Kelly
 mustangsali
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/18/2005 1:50:51 AM
Not from this line, but I have chatted with, traded emails, and even met in person men whose photos I had not seen first. Regardless of physical looks, most of them were absolutely lovely people...fun, smart, interesting, even kinda cute! The only jerks were the pretty boys who made it painfully clear they were disappointed in my looks, which aren't so bad, I just happen to be built for comfort, not for speed. The majority of men I've agreed to meet sight-unseen have been very happy to see me, and I, them.
 hrhqod1
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2005 9:51:03 AM
I once heard a story about Picasso. Someone asked him why he didn’t paint women they way they really look. Picasso pulled out a photo of his wife--a stunning, vivacious woman--and said, “what does a woman look like? Oh, I see, flat, black and white.”

The point is, no-one is really like their photo. Would you want to judge your potential mate by a one inch square photo? Would you want to be judged in this manner?

No, of course not. I want a man who dreams bigger than an inch photo. And I certainly do not want him to be only interested in my big eyes, lovely cheekbones and luscious rack. He must see me, and what I am is not a square photo. I am certainly not flat, black or white.

Thus, I never put up a photo. I have them on-line, and I’ll gladly send friends to the sites on-which my photos are posted. However, he has to have discovered “the real me” first.
 lostinthesixties
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/18/2005 9:55:18 AM
I only met for a date ONE time without ever seeing a photo. I don't think I would ever do that again, hard to keep your composure.
 NeoRaijin
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2005 12:52:40 PM
I did. And Cossita is fricken adorable.
 ginger041
Msg: 126
Posted: 5/18/2005 1:05:10 PM
Once and never again...lies, lies, lies...he looked the Elias Brothers Big Boy!
 HARRY STOTLE
Msg: 127
Posted: 5/18/2005 5:28:42 PM
I have, and I dated her for 8 months, But then in Canada there are les psycho's per square meter
 jeannie812
Msg: 128
Posted: 5/18/2005 5:50:47 PM
I haven't read all five pages of responses to this post so I could be repeating others opinion... my thinking on someone without a picture is that they don't want their spouse to see it.. A person who is cheating usually has a spouse playing detective to bust them.
 bebewood
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/19/2005 12:39:57 AM
never. its 2005. everyone has at least ONE pic they can show

if they dont have a pic its for a reason
 robertpaulson
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/19/2005 2:19:06 PM
You would have to be insane to want to meet someone with no pic, or an obviously fake photo or cartoon. Completely insane.
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/20/2005 3:43:45 PM
Yes I met a guy with no pic and he was so nice I couldn't believe it. We had a swell time and I enjoyed myself very much. Sometimes we just need to take a leap of faith. I did make sure my daughter knew about him and had a phone # for him too. But it turned out very well.
 3karat
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2005 5:03:58 PM
I haven't dated anyone with out a picture, but after reading all these post, I began to think. What does a photo really mean. The men I met after seeing a pictur didn't look like their pictures anyways.

On man posted a picture of himself nicely dressed in a suit with black hair and a nice gotee. When he showed up he had long scraggly grey hair with a bandana piercings everywhere and dirty clothes. I asked him about the picture and he said it was from 10 years ago when he was on a cruise.

then you have the people who steal a picture from someone else to post, so that they get responses. And there are the cartoons and beautiful artworks people use as their main pictures.

So if this is how things are going to be ..... then think.. What is a picture worth anyways.
 moist
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/21/2005 6:33:17 PM
No way would I meet someone without having an idea of what they looked like in a few pics. Maybe even a web cam. Not that looks are the most important thing, but there must be some form of physical attaraction
 SweetKristine
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/21/2005 6:37:46 PM
its 2005 no reason for anyone NOT to have a pic online..go to walmart..i got one of those cheapie digital cameras its a web cam and a digital camera it was 20 bucks and i take pics regulary now with it....my pics turned out fine *shrug* and it works great to web cam...so i dont by the excuse anymore of not having a pic...i put my ugly mug up...anyone can :)
 tyketto00
Msg: 139
Posted: 5/22/2005 10:47:11 PM
I try to get to know a girl before seeing a picture of her. Sometimes pictures don't do justice. I'd love to be able to post pictures of myself to my profile but being I only have webtv I'm not able to. I have a picture of myself that my sister had sent to me once but that's a few years old now. I still believe I look pretty much the same. I'll always email my pic to girls who ask for it. It's just better if they email me their pic first. I've met a few girls without pics and it didn't turn out too well. One had no teeth, and the others who were "a few extra pounds" were completely fat. I had a few girls even lie to me about their real names and ages. I don't see whats wrong with just being truthful to everyone. I've even met some girls with pics but those didn't amount to anything either.
 tyketto00
Msg: 140
Posted: 5/22/2005 10:48:12 PM
I try to get to know a girl before seeing a picture of her. Sometimes pictures don't do justice. I'd love to be able to post pictures of myself to my profile but being I only have webtv I'm not able to. I have a picture of myself that my sister had sent to me once but that's a few years old now. I still believe I look pretty much the same. I'll always email my pic to girls who ask for it. It's just better if they email me their pic first. I've met a few girls without pics and it didn't turn out too well. One had no teeth, and the others who were "a few extra pounds" were completely fat. I had a few girls even lie to me about their real names and ages. I don't see whats wrong with just being truthful to everyone. I've even met some girls with pics but those didn't amount to anything either.
 tyketto00
Msg: 141
Posted: 5/22/2005 10:48:31 PM
 tyketto00
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/22/2005 10:50:27 PM
 tyketto00
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/22/2005 10:58:10 PM
I apologize for the double (double) posting. I finally wrote out a long response and then it didn't look like it was posting so I tried it again....and again......and again. Well, I guess it did post after all. Everytime in fact. Now don't I feel like an idiot? (the answer is yes).
 freddx
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/22/2005 11:10:54 PM
i think the best , unique girls put no pics..thats what i go for
putting up a pic is being extremely local,takes out the ??? fun part..,looks desperate ,,and is a hoe signal...and lack of cutie confidence,
in a nutshell having pictures depict a un-unique local funless desperate plastic surgerised hoe signal...
pretty unimpressive for me.
any body like philosophy?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >