Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 freddx
Msg: 145
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?Page 5 of 87    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
what the heck was i talking about.?????
 grubeci
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 5/22/2005 11:14:26 PM
I would.

lust fades. Love shades.

I'd meet someone sight unseen but its a little scary but you could get a lot out of the voice and personality...and writings..but honestly I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT on meeting this person...I made fun of worst case scenarios..(hers and mine)tried to say who I might look like? and tried to get description.but I really didn't care..it was a fun time..and we still have good phone conversations.

So, just be careful and meet in a public place and tell someone where you're going (file a flight plan) and check in (bring cell phone or payphone money) konw the exits...carry gaslone and a condom....ask what they're wearing but don't tell them...block your caller id
fill car with gas, check tire pressure..first aide kit and jumpter cableslol ;)

ever notice some people are more photogenic than others. I tried smiling and doing
what a fashion conscious person does that I know..and you know...my photos started looking better -- even my license photo...now if only in real life..I could jut my jaw and smile..hahhahh and update my couture posh fashion t-shirts.

Would you ever meet someone in sweatpants..thats the question. I think that would be funny at least once..have everyone in the area....meet at a mall...like 20 people all wearing grey sweatpants and t-shirts...all meet at the food court BWAYAHAAHAHH sorry laughed at own joke.hahahhahaah
 airplane_geek
Msg: 147
Posted: 5/24/2005 8:20:37 PM
I met a girl from the bank once over the phone. We got along great. We finally met and were both dissappointed, despite having a good time.

I met a girl online one time that didn't have a pic. Again, we got along well. She finally e-mailed me a pic and I was very disappointed.

I know it sounds shallow, and maybe that's a character flaw, but you need to be attracted to someone. If they aren't that great looking, you can get past a few things- a few extra pounds than what you were expecting or not being Cindy Crawford. But there are limits. Am I wrong?
 jeannie812
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/28/2005 2:04:35 PM
@ karatplusthree

You got a point there. Of the two dates I had, I could only recognise one of them by his front teeth. His profile pic had to have been years old. It doesn't take a lot to get a recent pic. Just get in the bathroom like most people do and then one can smile in mirror as they hold that camera below the waist. I found the pic looked better when I angled the camera over my head. I cropped the pic so you can't see that arm reach... lol
 cheerer
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/28/2005 6:24:55 PM
it is not that bad

you should not judge a book by its cover or a person by the physical attributes taht they carry with them
 cheerer
Msg: 151
 jpl3447
Msg: 152
Posted: 5/28/2005 8:36:05 PM
I have met a lady without a pic before. Lol we met at a Wendys and she was about 15 minutes late. I was having a frosty. I was pretty nervous cuz I had no idea what to expect at all. i kind of got into a mode where I was trying o not act nervous but yet still be aware of my surroundings. There was a mexican family sitting in front of me, a group of high school jocks behind me, the place was pretty busy. I reassured myself, thinking that I am just here waiting on a friend, nothing more, even though I had no idea what she looked like. I knew immediately when she walked in that it was her. She was not a hottie by any means but very average, which made me feel very comfortable right off the bat. I felt like I could chat with her and hang out so that is what we did, go to my house and hung out. We are still friends to this day and she went on to find herself a good boyfriend. Would I do it again? I don't know.
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/29/2005 12:36:40 PM
Yes...and I`d never do it again.....I prefer to see who I`ll be meeting ahead of time...Otherwise when you are e-mailing back and forth it`s like talking to thin air cuz you can put a face to a name....for me anyway...
 sweet_kisses05
Msg: 156
Posted: 5/29/2005 1:51:48 PM
I think that you need to no if you r are attracted its important
 passionsdestiny
Msg: 157
Posted: 5/29/2005 2:20:34 PM
msports39, I have been on several.. meetings with men whom had no pic. For some of the reasons you mentioned and also because they wanted as they called it a " fair chance "????

But I have met only two without a pic. for a potential relationship. I asked them to discribe themself to me. And well .. lets just say upon meeting they gave me all the facts but none of the details. Things that I think you should let the person know.

I have the bad habbit of smoking. It is something that I tell in the begining because some are offended by it. I wouldn't want to make the person I'm meeting to feel uncomfortable or surprised, or feel that I wasn't being totaly honest.. not a very good start. However, I did'nt run and we had a nice visit.
Not every one is photogenic. some were much better looking in person. And yes, there are some who doctor up there photos, post a younger one or post someone else. A man I had been chatting with said his photo was current. A month later we met. My first though?
" Shuuuuuu. ... How could anyone go down hill so quickly! He was at least 10 yrs older than his pic. and 5 inches shorter.
So.. my conclusion. Whats the point in pretending? I don't want to waste my time getting to know someone only to find out that they are 29 instead of 45 . Some men like heaiver women.. would I say I weighed 200 lbs. just so I could get my foot in the door? Some like big breasts.. do I tell them I'm a size 30 just to see if they will delete me? If you don't have a photo then at least be honest in discribing yourself. If you have a reason for not sending one then state it. Recently at my company,a male in a important postion posted his photo, they were passing it arround the front office.. ????I'm not advertizing myself and I'm not in a mail order catalog. I'm just intoducing myself. Much like we do in person.
 smilincaligal198
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/6/2005 2:30:06 AM
ope.no way. i wont even talk to them reallyif i dont have a pic.
 yohanna
Msg: 160
Posted: 6/8/2005 8:24:45 AM
Hi Boss,
I don't have a picture posted! The thing is I don't want to attract the wrong kinds of people. Moreover, I'm not quite comfortable with posting my picture as I'm a very private person to an extent! But if somone interests me I think I'll send them my picture via email. Anyway I was corrseponding with a guy for about 2 weeks and the third week he asked give me his number. I didn't call him, but the day we agreed to meet, I called him I liked his voice and decided to meet him. He never asked me for my picture. Wierd right! I knew what he looked like from his picture and profile, but he hadn't a clue what I looked like. He turns out to be ok. A simple guy who's looking for someone who cares for him .We're friends I don't feel I like him like that. But what I'm trying to say everything turned out ok. It's a risk meeting someone who doesn't have a picture, but we always know what we want or what we're looking for even before we ever really get or see it. So if you end up meeting a person who you don't like physically all you have to do is not go out with them anymore. That's all! That's what I tell people here if you don't like how I look we don't have to see each other again if we ever meet! Take care.
 craww
Msg: 161
Posted: 6/8/2005 9:43:56 AM
yes, i've met 2 girls with no pics........ after that i knew why they had no pics up.
omg!!!

both of them claimed they were average to attractive........ i guess i'm not attracted to the fred flintstone type body, and the face that looks around 25 years older.

funny, they think they look great.

and it's those type that keep insisting that looks shouldn't matter, and you are vain if you think it does. ....... then they remind you not to ask for a picture.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 162
Posted: 6/8/2005 3:19:05 PM
craww I met a doctor once, didn't want to post his picture because of his profession, plus he was just very computer illiterate. He was attractive and we got along well, it just seemed that he wanted a wife for convenience, the little lady at home waiting for him with a nice hot meal, etc. After talking with him for a while, he turned out to be very vain and into himself and I'm not the little lady at home type. Been there done that, I have my graduate degree and my career is the most important thing now, other than my grown children. I didn't go to school for six years to be someone's maid.
 dedy_AJA
Msg: 163
wanna be?
Posted: 6/11/2005 2:45:42 PM
u wanna sex with me.....honey!!!!
 Mad_About_You
Msg: 164
Posted: 6/11/2005 3:28:08 PM
I would prefer to *NOT* see a picture before meeting.

I want to get to know *WHO* someone is... before I decide to see their picture.

The whole point of doing this "online" is to make it *DIFFERENT* or *BETTER* than
meeting people The Old Fashioned Way (without using the Internet).

One of the big benefits of "online dating" is... it's the only way to learn a lot about
someone... *BEFORE* seeing them.

I always ask a lot of questions (perhaps TOO many) and decide to meet/pass based
on that.

People that base an entire meeting/relationship on "1 picture" scare me.

I wish life was that simple. But it's not.
 Mad_About_You
Msg: 166
Posted: 6/12/2005 3:52:47 PM
Maybe this will be the easiest/quickest way to do this: What percent of the puzzle are "looks" when you are about to meet someone? 50%? 75%? 99%? 1%? (Just guess... there are no exact numbers... or right/wrong answers.)
 mark_is_here
Msg: 167
Posted: 6/25/2005 11:36:24 PM
I have met people from the internet who had pics and who did not have pics up. The ones who did not have pics up tended to lie about what they looked like.

There is nothing shallow about feeling a need to have some kind of physical attraction to someone. It's hard to date someone you're not attracted to. It doesn't mean youre just after one thing.

I have met four people off the internet---2 had pics and 2 did not. And like a lot of you I prefer to at least know what the person looks like. But it doesn't exclude me from considering people without pictures. I just prefer to see who it is I am meeting up with before the actual meeting.

And by the way----none of the meetings progressed to second dates------bad vibes sprouted up!

Mark
 ATPase
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/25/2005 11:39:07 PM
If I post a pic, then why can't they?
 mr_goodtimes2005
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/25/2005 11:40:33 PM
hell yeah and man did that $hit backfire. The chick shows up and I swear she is as big as a house. I was so pi$$ed off I could have just flipped out. I was like no wonder no pic.
 ATPase
Msg: 170
Posted: 6/25/2005 11:41:54 PM
yes or if they put for body type "prefer not to say." I wonder what that means? LOL.
 mark_is_here
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/25/2005 11:45:48 PM
That tends to mean "prefer you didnt notice" lol (not in every case of course) but the tendency is for it to mean that...
 ATPase
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/25/2005 11:47:34 PM
Yeah, so eff that. If they dont put it they must care what others think too much, which is someone I dont like to begin with.
 andimwritingstuff
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/27/2005 8:04:27 AM
I have only met someone with out a picture once,
I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN!
Bad experience to say the least.
I dont mind if they dont have a pic on thier profile but
they must be willing to share one before I meet them.
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 176
Posted: 6/29/2005 8:50:38 PM
Yup, met 2 and they were very nice guys. Not too bad looking either. The chemistry wasn't there though. So now we are just good frineds which is ok too. I like meeting anyone as long as we stay friends. I'm not out to hurt anyone.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >