Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 2749
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?Page 59 of 59    (19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59)
I knew a woman who used an old heavily photoshopped pic for years.

I groaned inwardly every time she told me she had a "date"

Don't people get it when they have all these 1st "dates" from the net w/ a faked up pic, then get no 2nd dates?

She told me a few times men got mad at her, gee I wonder why.

I knew another woman who did the same thing, she had the same outcome, 10 years of "1st dates" of course it's always the men, never them or their old fake schtick LOL
 grover14
Msg: 2750
view profile
History
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 2/8/2019 7:53:19 AM
No, I usually don't look at profiles without photos. This entire OLD process is based on photos, unfortunately. It's a pleasant surprise when you do a meet and greet and you recognize the person as they walk in! I've had a few women comment, upon meeting, that I look just like my photos.
 hemingway234
Msg: 2751
Posted: 2/8/2019 8:14:49 AM

I knew a woman who used an old heavily photoshopped pic for years.

I groaned inwardly every time she told me she had a "date"

Don't people get it when they have all these 1st "dates" from the net w/ a faked up pic, then get no 2nd dates?

She told me a few times men got mad at her, gee I wonder why.

I knew another woman who did the same thing, she had the same outcome, 10 years of "1st dates" of course it's always the men, never them or their old fake schtick LOL

- I know! They are just setting themselves up for rejection, shooting themselves in the foot! Some men do it too. It's better to under-promise, and over-deliver.
 ssm508
Msg: 2752
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2019 11:13:45 AM
I had a few literal blind dates when I had responded to personal ads. No pictures were exchanged prior to the date. I would give a detailed physical description of myself and vice versa That would help avoid possible awkward situations when a person has a physical characteristic (whether it's skin color or tats) that was a dealbreaker to the other person.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 2753
Posted: 2/9/2019 4:28:09 PM
I have had blind dates (nothing for decades but back before OLD). They were nice. We dated for a while in a few cases. One was from a wrong number - different times for sure.
 hemingway234
Msg: 2754
Posted: 2/10/2019 6:24:06 AM
You got a date from a wrong number? I love it!
 curvylady1965
Msg: 2755
Posted: 2/10/2019 7:24:50 AM
^^^ I did :-). To be fair, it was actually TWO wrong numbers because he called back after the initial mis-dial ;-).
Posted: 2/10/2019 8:53:31 AM

To be fair, it was actually TWO wrong numbers because he called back after the initial mis-dial ;-)

I have often found I have met people when I least expected to. One of my friends met there partner too, by a mis dialed number. I wonder how often this happens.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 2757
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 8:22:42 PM
Really? 85 pages of this shat? People without photos on their profile are:
a) Embarrassed to be on POF
b) In another relationship
c) Ugly
d) Trolling
e) Catfish
I'm sure there is more, but please. End this nonsense. Oops. I responded. End it after me. lol
 spot4username
Msg: 2758
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2019 1:35:18 AM
f) Here for forum participation only.
Posted: 2/11/2019 4:23:15 AM

Really? 85 pages of this shat? People without photos on their profile are:
a) Embarrassed to be on POF
b) In another relationship
c) Ugly
d) Trolling
e) Catfish
I'm sure there is more, but please. End this nonsense. Oops. I responded. End it after me. lol

LOL One of my new fav posters. No nonsense, cut to the chase, sans the bullchit. Careful though, some men get offended by a woman who speaks her mind. Soon you will be flooded with offers of wrinkle cream from the he man women haters club.
 whiterose0
Msg: 2760
Posted: 2/11/2019 8:47:35 AM

Agreed. That's the most likely reason. Some people just want to post anonymously, especially the ones who have been nuked repeatedly in the past.
 ssm508
Msg: 2761
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2019 1:16:19 PM

g) They don't want to be bombarded with many emails. I know some attractive and single women that didn't have pictures on their profile for that reason. However they would send private pictures when they emailed men.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 2762
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 3:07:56 PM

g) They don't want to be bombarded with many emails. I know some attractive and single women that didn't have pictures on their profile for that reason. However they would send private pictures when they emailed men.

I agree. It'd definitely be out of hasty angst to assume it is in fact for bad reasons that one doesn't have a picture on their profile. Cute gals get bombarded by emails, and it cuts down on it... some are just testing the waters a bit with the "online thing" and don't want their picture posted on a near-public Personal Ad site in the meantime, or are just on here for the forums. It's not required for a reason.

That's why I say for guys who have little to no luck online -- hit up gals without pictures in their profiles that are otherwise a-okay. You're less apt to be buried among 30+ other messages she hasn't read yet. Sure, there'll be some 'waste of time' -- but it's no more a 'waste of time' than messaging a number of gals with cute pics up where you know that a very small % are going to even reply. Mine as well go another route to try something different to increase that %, mingle a bit, and step aside if she gives no pic or the pic(s) she gives you is not to your liking.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >