Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blackneko
Msg: 2677
view profile
History
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?Page 84 of 87    (47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87)
Yup I would because you can always ask for it later
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 2678
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 3/23/2016 7:53:07 PM

Yup I would because you can always ask for it later

An admirable attitude that is simply lost on most people who are "online dating".
 SLAFFA
Msg: 2679
Posted: 3/24/2016 7:28:55 AM
Sure, why not WITH the right profile and/OR a "decent" phone call. MOST ladies w/o pics posted sent me one or two [I never asked] AFTER I answered their initial email. Most were good matches per our profiles. ALL were attractive.

But...I also understand both the importance of "good" pics ANNNNNDDDDDD the various reasons people might opt to not have them visible to everyone 24/7.

It's NOT complicated like most everything involving OLD.

Marcus was no fool and thus made the choice of pics showing or not showing an OPTION. He did not become sinfully rich by being CLOSED MINDED. <<< The WHY that very few using OLD will ever have any positive experiences.

OPTIONS? All members have the option or prerogative to assume anyone w/o pics showing 24/7 is some type of scumbag. And these people are likely the ones that reside in the no response IS a response camp. There are numerous ways for people to shoot themselves in the feet here.
 Chromis1
Msg: 2680
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 8:33:09 AM

I met a woman once without seeing her photo. She was very very attractive. Former air hostess. Fun at first but a narcissistic personality. Had to dump her. Shame because she was great in bed.

Laughter is the best medicine. I just overdosed.
 Angel_Feet_Hurt
Msg: 2681
Posted: 3/29/2016 6:23:28 AM
I would not call it brave; I'd call it moronic!
 mj08jan
Msg: 2682
Posted: 4/5/2016 2:39:12 PM
Hi, as for me, I always like to ask at least for one picture. I like to see who I am talking too.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 2683
Posted: 4/6/2016 3:27:55 PM
Yes, but don't consider it especially brave. I suggested meeting in real life after she wrote a response to a conversation on this site saying she likes animals and nature better than people. If you don't have a photo, show you're worth meeting no matter what you might look like.

Her profile said average body type. She was thin! Her profile was accurate in saying she was blonde. Her face was terrific. Not long after we met, I told her she's a hottie. Our first meet was a walk and she extended the length to about 7 miles, plus we climbed down the river bank to the water's edge.

Nothing more than friends materialized. She claimed she didn't want more than friends with anyone. That typically means "I'm not attracted to you". Sure enough, several months later she said she now had a boyfriend and tactfully said that would be our last communication.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 2684
Posted: 4/6/2016 5:20:17 PM

It is difficult enough to connect and have chemistry with those who we have some idea of how they look, but no pics at all??

It is sheer folly to meet anyone that we have no visual idea of.

Why is it so difficult to connect and have chemistry with those you have some idea of what they look like?

Because liking the pics guarantees nothing?

What is sheer folly is obsessing over something that doesn't guarantee you anything.

So, pics or no pics, you will either connect and have chemistry in person, or you won't.

Having an idea ahead of time is just some warm cozy comfort mind game people play on themselves.

Clearly that strategy is not working so take a different tack,

Clearly the pic strategy isn't working for a lot of the pic people either.

I like to see who I am talking too.

I see this sometimes in women's profiles.

I always want to ask them if they have ever ordered a pizza over the phone.
Or paid a bill over the phone.
Or called 911.
Or called a plumber to clear a drain stoppage.
Or called the electric company about a power outage.
Etc, etc, etc.

Did they ask for a photo from all those people, too?

And don't even try to say that's different, they weren't planning on dating them.

No one is saying you HAVE to date the people without photos if you respond to them, or initiate contact.

No one is even saying you HAVE to date the people with photos that you respond to, or initiate contact.

It's just an email.
 south_city
Msg: 2685
Posted: 4/24/2016 7:44:34 AM
Not on POF or Match. But I did go out on a date with a couple of women without exchanging pictures when I had responded personal ads on a different website. There wasn't anything wrong with these women in terms of looks / physical appearance.
 sassybreze
Msg: 2686
Posted: 5/20/2016 7:08:31 PM
Yes... 2012 bisgold4 (bob g) n I met... April 2014 moved in together ....April 4 2016 married in Reno nv
 Seki1949
Msg: 2687
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2016 5:41:20 PM
I have multiple times. Two of them turned out to very LTRs. Batting average not much worst than with mutual pictures.

Wouldn't meet without a phone call though. Probably inconsistent with that one.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 2688
Posted: 5/22/2016 5:56:08 PM

Msg: 2826
Yes... 2012 bisgold4 (bob g) n I met... April 2014 moved in together ....April 4 2016 married in Reno nv

Congratulations! Excellent testimonial for all the naysayers who claim there are no real people looking for long term relationships here.
 IronHibiscus
Msg: 2689
Posted: 6/28/2016 1:56:03 PM
Hell no. It's been bad enough meeting the ones with pictures as it is. Most use older one and can't be recognized and clearly used the wrong body type.
 Red_Fish_Blonde_Fish2
Msg: 2690
Posted: 6/28/2016 6:08:40 PM
there are enough people doing OLD that one can eliminate the pictureless- what ARE they hiding?
 hemingway234
Msg: 2691
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2016 1:21:18 PM
In the past, some guys found they got more dates by not having a picture. Probably because most guys are ugly, lol

It's a bad idea though, so don't try it unless you have model looks - you'll experience a lot higher rejection rate when you do meet a lady, when they find out you are not what they expected.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 2692
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2016 7:10:52 AM

there are enough people doing OLD that one can eliminate the pictureless- what ARE they hiding?

They're hiding their recognizable identity being shown as "dateless" in some folks' eyes, and looking for dudes/chicks. Students seeing their teacher or professor online, or anyone doing public-related work is a good reason why some people won't want to put it up there. It's understandable. On a place like POF, it's good to at least have hidden pictures, and revealing them. But of course, you'd see their pics before meating them. :)

But meeting someone without a picture -- it'd be hard not to get at least an outdated photo from someone if you're talking for a while before meeting. The only way I could see it is someone who's not tech-friendly at all + has good reasons not to have a picture, is up for meeting right after intro-banter. If they live real close-by, and are seemingly one's type and by description are in decent shape... heck, the element of mystery can be kind of cool. :)

I think it's a good resevoir to shop at when one's online dating results are running dry in responses. But with that said, I wouldn't hang around pen-paling with them without a picture. Every gal on POF who I've corresponded with who didn't have a picture would always send me one after just a little banter. If one didn't, I'd cut to the chase and ask to meet in person within a few days, sooner the better, just to get it out of the way.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 2693
Posted: 6/30/2016 8:53:07 PM
I immediately delete anyone without a picture, or anyone that has a meme for their main picture. My thought is: "This guy is trying to hide who he is because he's most likely already in a relationship".

I have heard the line, as the poster said about, that they are an educator. I call baloney, I used to teach. Everyone knows that teachers have lives outside of their profession which includes dating. So long as your profile isn't gross, no one is going to geek out on your profile and run to administration.

My good friend disagreed with me. She went on a date with a guy who didn't have a photo. Turned out to be good looking and was financially secure, all that good jazz. He also was in a relationship and his woman was gone for a few months out of the country, so here she thought there were building something only to be proverbially kicked in the gut four months later when she found out the truth as the woman returned. She don't disagree with me about this no more...
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 2694
Posted: 7/1/2016 7:29:06 PM

there are enough people doing OLD that one can eliminate the pictureless-

Because all of those people WITH pictures are perfect human beings?

No one here, or on any dating site, is a better human being just because they have a picture on the site.

No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

the pictureless- what ARE they hiding?

Some people just really like their privacy.

I don't walk around with a name tag on all day long in public either.

heck, the element of mystery can be kind of cool. :)

Yes, it can be.

The couple involved could even exchange pre-arranged phrases to confirm identity.

Like the guy could say, "The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain".

And the woman could respond with, "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts".(well, 2 anyway)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 2695
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2016 8:05:43 PM

I call baloney, I used to teach. Everyone knows that teachers have lives outside of their profession which includes dating. So long as your profile isn't gross, no one is going to geek out on your profile and run to administration.

Believe it or not, people err on the side of caution a lot. It's not just administrative trouble. It's talk around town as the first thing to avoid. They know they're cutting down on their options. Said person, if smart, would have pictures hidden and revealing to someone they correspond with, but I think that may cost extra $ here? Dunno. Anyway, Many teachers can get reprimanded if they have a picture of themselves with a glass of beer or wine -- no wild pictures required. So you can see why one would err on the side of caution anyway, but again -- it doesn't even require that to want to avoid it.

Turned out to be good looking and was financially secure, all that good jazz. He also was in a relationship and his woman was gone for a few months out of the country.

I think the chances go up on that, as do with other associations -- but correlation doesn't equal causation. There are other reasons besides being in a relationship. I don't think it's the best route for a guy in most situations-- don't get me wrong. Certain jobs, I can understand not doing it, as I wouldn't. For girls, they have more leeway. However, they'll have to reach out for pursuing, and most guys will be open if in her profile she describes she has pictures on ready-5 for the right individuals. There's still cons to it from a marketing standpoint, but it also eliminates some cons of her getting bombarded by dudes in her email on a site like this, which adds to time & distraction.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 2696
Posted: 7/2/2016 1:33:48 PM
Of course, I didn't read all 114 pages, so this may have already been said.

You are better off considering only those without a picture because they tend to fill out their profiles better and they provide you with more important information. Not always but usually. Many people with pictures, especially women, give you no reason to email them whatsoever. The only thing that their profile says is "ask me later" or something of that nature. How can anyone possibly decide whether or not they are even remotely likeable?

I get it. It doesn't matter to desperate men whether the women are likeable. Women who have a well photo-shopped picture can get plenty of free meals without bothering to say anything. So why should they? It doesn't matter what they say to the eager losers. Even if she put down child murderer, she would get a flood of messages. Karla Homolka got married right after her release and some men masturbate to the thought of Jodi Arias. That is the state of the game.

Still, if someone would like to meet a fun person or a nice person then the odds are better if they email people who don't have a picture. The problem with people who depend too much upon their looks is that they depend too much upon their looks. Emailing them would be a poor move because you often don't even get the superficial looks. Too many doctored photos out there.
 SrqDJ
Msg: 2697
Posted: 7/2/2016 3:36:35 PM
^^^^^
Many people with pictures, especially women, give you no reason to email them whatsoever. The only thing that their profile says is "ask me later" or something of that nature. How can anyone possibly decide whether or not they are even remotely likeable?

I get it. It doesn't matter to desperate men whether the women are likeable. Women who have a well photo-shopped picture can get plenty of free meals without bothering to say anything. So why should they? It doesn't matter what they say to the eager losers.

I've lost count of how many men's profiles have only photos and say ask me...so I'm curious ebola do you think their photos are photo-shopped so they can get plenty of free meals without bothering to say anythng? lol :eye roll Maybe they think their photos of fish, cars, boats, motorcycles and houses is all they need?

I do agree it's tough to decide if they are romotely likeable when they have nothing in the profile. When I first joined a few months ago, I allowed men without photos to contact me; but I've since changed the mail restriction because most of them I suspected are married or otherwise have a partner. The greater majority of them also never had anything to say beyond hi, how are you .....day after day. I ended up putting most on block because I just got sick of the emails which never said anything.

Years ago I did meet a few with no photos; but now, with all the technology I see no reason for a person not having at least one that could be sent if they opt not to have public photos.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 2698
Posted: 7/2/2016 4:37:41 PM

I've lost count of how many men's profiles have only photos and say ask me...so I'm curious ebola do you think their photos are photo-shopped so they can get plenty of free meals without bothering to say anythng? lol :eye roll Maybe they think their photos of fish, cars, boats, motorcycles and houses is all they need?

Yeah, pretty much. I don't think that they are after meals but easy cooze for sure. The boats and motorcycles and such are male versions of photo shop. They try to promote a false impression. For instance, a guy on a motorcycle is probably a pvssy and not an outlaw. A guy with an expensive car is probably a full blown cheapskate. It is still deception.

The greater majority of them also never had anything to say beyond hi, how are you .....day after day. I ended up putting most on block because I just got sick of the emails which never said anything.

I think that there is more to the empty email part. Some men are so "nice" that they want you to be the one who says something first. Still, I think BLOCK is a pretty good strategy.

Years ago I did meet a few with no photos; but now, with all the technology I see no reason for a person not having at least one that could be sent if they opt not to have public photos.

Totally, agree.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 2699
view profile
History
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no food?
Posted: 7/3/2016 4:15:46 AM

Women who have a well photo-shopped picture can get plenty of free meals without bothering to say anything. So why should they?.”

Judging by this and the “No Dinner” thread, there sure must be a lot of starving women around these parts…. :-D
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 2700
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2016 2:29:52 AM
I wouldnt waste three months talking to anyone before meeting. That in itself would ring alarm bells. That he even turned up when he lied so much, is amazing. What did you do? Make an excuse to leave? Many others would have just stood him up.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 2701
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2016 2:36:33 AM
really, a photo-shopped picture gets a woman free meals? How does that work???, YOu have to show up in the flesh to eat dinner and a guy does not have to go along with the dinner thing if he is not interested. They may get the promise of a dinner online but in reality no man has to honour that if the woman is of no interest or there is mutual disinterest.

As for any male saying that he cant show his pic for whatever reason, has a lot to hide. This is a visual medium and cameras are everywhere now. As for an ex stalking, how would she know where to find his profile and anyway, so what?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >