Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 2736
view profile
History
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?Page 87 of 87    (47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87)

How many people here have talked with someone on line, seen their photos and found them very attractive/to their liking, then met them in person and the person looks nothing like their photo(s), or the pic was of them 50 pounds and 10 years ago

I LOVE those stories !

"Foolproof" formulas that aren't so foolproof after all.
 from site to sight
Msg: 2737
Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 4/10/2018 5:44:54 AM
^^^That's why it's best to meet in person sooner rather than later-instead of playing text tag for eons, and building up a fantasy image of the person hiding behind a screen. The first meet doesn't have to be a grandiose event. Spending 20 minutes or half an hour meeting face-to-face will tell you more about a person than exchanging a zillion texts with a stranger.
 Tech30
Msg: 2738
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:38:41 AM
True, I dont understand why some people text back and forth for weeks without meeting.
I tend to try to meet within a week. Then we can find out if we actually click and not waste a ton of time.
 KPOL52
Msg: 2739
Posted: 4/13/2018 10:24:45 PM
Yea OK. This thread was started in 05.

So what. That's NOT why It has almost 3K responses. A couple or 3 of those are mine over the years.

Both quality of pics as well as lack of pics are w/o question the biggest downfall of people utilizing OLD.

This includes people on BOTH sides of the pic fence.

People expecting "good" results who have no pictures or nothing but crummy ones.

And the ones on the other side of the fence, those folks one million percent sure ANYONE on an OLD site w/o pics SHOWING is positively absolutely a scumbag or criminal of some sort. Up to no good.

Forum history shows that folks with this mindset ^^^ invariably have very poor "luck" with their "meets" if they have any at all.
 siisaa
Msg: 2740
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 1:17:20 PM
I have met a guy with no picture at all. It was the very definition of "blind date". He was decent-looking enough but lame in other ways. I never wanted to see him again. He made a comment that I should try to hit on the waiter & wanted to thumb-wrestle at the table while we waited for our meal. I was 25...26 at the time?? & he was around the same age. I stopped thumb-wrestling in elementary school.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 2741
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 5:00:38 PM
I have said before- when people go to parties & other social events, do they walk around w/ paper bags over their heads?
 hemingway234
Msg: 2742
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:56:26 AM
I've had blind dates before the days of the internet, cell phones with cameras built in, and selfies.

One lady I talked to on the phone, never saw her until we met at a resturant - it never went anywhere, she was not attracted to me when we met.

Another lady I picked up was a set up from friends - turns out she was just being nice to the friends, did not want to say "no"....... turns out she was gay. I'm sure there are others I can't remember.

In the early days of dating, some men had better success meeting women when they did not have a pic in their profile. But I'm sure they had a high rejection rate when they did meet. I doubt that would work now anyway, people are a lot more savvy.

I would not recommend meeting someone these days without a pic..... pics are way too easy. At the least, you want to have an idea of what they look like so you can find your date, lol! Also, I'd like to know there is a good chance I won't throw up when I meet her!
 Spectrallight
Msg: 2743
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 3:16:43 PM

I've had blind dates before the days of the internet, cell phones with cameras built in, and selfies.

Reminds me of eyeballs from the CB Radio era. Loved those days. Speak to local women, and before you knew it you were around for a brew ;) Oh to be 18 again :)

I had a few women in mid 30's knock on a few times that I had spoken to and never arranged. The great thing was no pressure and people weren't crude. Another thing was they could earwig on you speaking to others. so it was easy to get to know you in many ways.

Now we're all reduced to thumbnails hahahahahaah. Quite pathetic when you think about it.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 2744
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 2:55:35 AM

I have said before- when people go to parties & other social events, do they walk around w/ paper bags over their heads?

In a way, some do-when their entire lives revolve around their cell phone, and block out the rest of the world. If they're walking across a busy intersection, they would rather take the chance of stepping into on-coming traffic than take their eyes off of their phone for one second to check for traffic. Turning people into mindless zombies used to be the theme of sci-fi movies, but now it's a reality with cell phones turning people into zombies.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 2745
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 5:27:38 AM

…………….. take the chance of stepping into on-coming traffic than take their eyes off of their phone for one second to check for traffic. Turning people into mindless zombies used to be the theme of sci-fi movies, but now it's a reality with cell phones turning people into zombies.

People have died doing this.^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Also, "Woman dies after fall at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Michigan
Updated Sep 20, 2018; Posted Sep 19, 2018"
(She was using her cell phone taking a selfie)"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >