Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Burqas etc.....What is your opinion?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Burqas etc.....What is your opinion? Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Susan's first point on here is actually quite astute...in my search for truth and understanding, the JW's explained that they do not use "a cross" in their worship....partially for the exact same reasons Susan points out....the cross was instrument of death and torture and adoring a cross was tantamount to adoring a gun used to kill a child of yours.
I, as many others have also said they believed, once believed that the JW's were not christian and didn't not believe in Christ because of them not using a cross in their worship.....then (because I took some time to listen to what them why they really don't use the cross, instead of making assumptions and taking for granted popular belief ) I learned something .
Susan , obviously someone or something has caused you alot of pain in your life.
However, you are missing my point by you insisting on my posting links to prove things to you....if I did that , then you would just claim I am "pushing" beliefs onto you. That's not the point I am making.....
My point is simple....
if you want to learn and understand and be able fully accept others (whether you agree with them or not)...such as those who wear burqas...or come to your door ....then take the time to understand why the believe as they do! You may actually be surprised what you learn....and you might actually learn that not all your current understandings are correct.

But then again that would mean you would have question your current belief system...which obviously is something you are not prepared to do. So why would I take the time send you links, when you are not prepared to even discuss any of this in the privacy of your home when one of those pestering religionists come to your door.
 susan_cd
Msg: 49
Burqas etc.....What is your opinion?
Posted: 7/27/2010 5:51:06 PM

if you want to learn and understand and be able fully accept others (whether you agree with them or not)...

Does this mean you'd give equal time to someone coming to your door to discuss Christianity, Satanism, Wiccan , Astrology, our Extraterrestrial Teachers, how to develop your inherent psychic abilities, the pixies effected by the malathion spraying, the alien base on the moon, how aliens constructed the pyramids etc etc?

be able fully accept others (whether you agree with them or not)

I accept them, and feel they should have the right to believe & worship as they wish.

But the ones coming around knocking on my door to ask if "I've been saved" don't seem to "fully accept" my not wishing to be bothered by them.

Their right to believe & worship as they wish does not extend to my property, and shouldn't extend to any public property.

if you want to learn and understand and be able fully accept others (whether you agree with them or not)

I've learned enough about religion to see that there is no proof of anything the religions claim regarding a "supreme being" or the "Biblical Creation". As that's the case, why should i waste my time listening to someone trying to convert me to their mythology?

However, you are missing my point by you insisting on my posting links to prove things to you....if I did that , then you would just claim I am "pushing" beliefs onto you.

I think you're deliberately missing my point, you claimed there was massive evidence, I don't believe that, and I called you on it. Now you can't produce such evidence so look for an excuse to not post links. Kinda like a self-proclaimed psychic that, when tested under scientific conditions, can't show they have such abilities and say it's because there's too much negativity in the room. Nice copout.

If I ask for links ( that show the "massive evidence that suggests that the Bible is way much more than just another book written by men" ) then you aren't pushing beliefs on me, and I won't accuse you of that; so feel free to post such links.

But don't forget, as the saying goes, "great claims require great proofs". You can't use the fallback position "it says so in the Bible" as proof.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2010 2:50:01 PM
Susan..this can go back and forth and over and over again and "me thinks thou does protest too much"

If you are willing to study the information within links then you can take the time to investigate as I have...which has been by getting information right from the sources rather than ONLY relying on old biases, common misrepresentations encyclopedia definitions, computor links etc....
If you read my words carefully, you will note that I believe taking into account even ideas that are wrongly held can give a person an appreciation and a perspective of truth.

Its like having knowledge that the once popular and intellectual belief that the world is flat, makes me appreciate more that the world is far from flat. Which then makes me realize that the Bible must have wisdom superior to those living 1000 years ago since it referred to the world as not being flat over 3000 years ago.

Susan , you ask me whether I would give equal time to all the beliefs you set out....that of course is absurd.....for one thing...they do not all require the same amount of time to understand....and I never once suggested that you give equal time to any one thing over another.

I am simply saying that you would likely really learn something by searching alittle deeper into what the Bible REALLY has to say...and spending a little time...trying to understand the viewpoints of more than just the limited viewpoints that you are showing,( through your comments) that you have.

Your viewpoint of the Bible as expressed earlier belies opinions based on narrow fundamentalist beliefs. A fanatical viewpoint of our laws (in Canada) does not mean that our Law Books are worthless.
For example you refer to the Earth being created in 6 -24 hour days....but if you knew the Bible , then you would know it actually doesn't say that.

And as I am attempting to end this conversation with some some common sense and perhaps some common ground....let me repeat..

As this thread's subject is about burqas....all I am recommending is for people keep an open mind about others...if they are doing something you don't particualirly like personally (that could mean showing up at your door to talk or wearing a burqa in public or whatever)and they are not trying to hurt others...why not talk to the people themselves about what motivates their actions...and try and understand where they are coming from???

Personally I BELIEVE, that its more important to be making the efforts to DISCOVER TRUTH rather than our thinking we have FOUND IT!
 susan_cd
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/28/2010 7:35:50 PM

Susan..this can go back and forth and over and over again and "me thinks thou does protest too much"

If you are willing to study the information within links then you can take the time to investigate as I have...

Actually, the going back & forth is about you claiming:

"massive evidence that suggests that the Bible is way much more than just another book written by men"

and me asking for you to post links to support your claim, and you finding a new excuse every day as to why you won't... which leads me ( and I think probably others reading this) to assume you have no such links or evidence to share with us.

then you can take the time to investigate as I have

I could, but since you're the one making the claim why should I expend effort to prove your claim? That's the job of the one making the claim.

Just in case you do decide to share this evidence with us, you should be aware that you can't use the Bible to prove itself ( ie, you can't say that "bevcause the Bible says this, that means it's true).

Which then makes me realize that the Bible must have wisdom superior to those living 1000 years ago since it referred to the world as not being flat over 3000 years ago.

Oh? Interesting if true, can you post the relevant chapter & verse? And if the Bible does say that ( clearly & concisely, not something that can be interpreted to mean it) it still wouldn't prove that God exists, just that the Bible has some nuggets of wisdom in it.

if they are doing something you don't particualirly like personally (that could mean showing up at your door to talk or wearing a burqa in public or whatever)and they are not trying to hurt others...why not talk to the people themselves about what motivates their actions

Religious fundamentalism motivates their actions, many Muslim leaders say that women aren't required to wear a burqa, it's just an extremist portion of the Muslim faith saying it's mandatory. In any case, Canada ( or any country these fundamentalist emigrate to) shouldn't be expeceted to alter their laws to accomodate them.

It's been pointed out by other media that wearing a burqa while driving poses a safety hazard, and some of the Muslims cry "religious oppresion" because the women are expected to have their faces uncovered for passport & other ID photographs.

Susan , you ask me whether I would give equal time to all the beliefs you set out....that of course is absurd.....for one thing...they do not all require the same amount of time to understand....and I never once suggested that you give equal time to any one thing over another.

But your posts seem quite adamant that the people coming tomy foor should be accomodated by me because ( as you stated):

AND lets just say for instance....for sake of argument that the JW's or the Mormons have the most important information for you that you could possibly imagine; THE MOST IMPORTANT INFO that will require your full attention and focus and comprehension to learn and know FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.....LETS JUST SAY >>>OK??

A meaningless statement because as an atheist they'd be wasting my time.

NO! Not all people who will talk to you about the Bible can talk to you ONLY about why its "important to THEM".Some can logically explain why its important ...PERIOD!

Another meaningless statement because it ISN't important to me...PERIOD. It's a book, not the word of god, and nothing they could say would make me change my mind.

For example you refer to the Earth being created in 6 -24 hour days....but if you knew the Bible , then you would know it actually doesn't say that.

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

So the Bible can say something ( in this case, "a day" ) and yes, it SAYS that but it doesn't necesarily mean what it says, because the priest/minister/rabbi/pastor will tell you what it means.

"OK class, this it what it says, but it doesn't mean that, it means "this".

( "this" being what the church or government wants it to mean at that point in history. Hence slavery was OK by the church in the past but isn't now... unless is's slavery to the church)

Great teaching tool.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2010 3:59:53 PM
Wow!
There exists a generation that is wise in its own mind but folly and destruction are its eventuality afterward.
 susan_cd
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/29/2010 6:09:18 PM

There exists a generation that is wise in its own mind but folly and destruction are its eventuality afterward.

Perhaps. I noticed you forgot to include links to "massive evidence that suggests that the Bible is way much more than just another book written by men" again. Guess we can all just accept that such evidence doesn't exist and move on.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 1:36:24 PM
There is nothing more distasteful than a mind that is closed...
and more dangerous !!

You don't ask with an open mind therefore you will not get (from me anyway) anything!!
 susan_cd
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/30/2010 2:23:06 PM
You don't ask with an open mind therefore you will not get (from me anyway) anything!!

ROFL Yeah right, that'll teach me .

Of course I won't, as I said you present a new excuse every day rather than posting links to support your claims.

A more likely explanation is you have no such evidence to support your claims and didn't expect to be called out on it but rather thought that simply your stating "massive evidence that suggests that the Bible is way much more than just another book written by men" would be accepted.

Dr Susan Blackmore:

the kind of ‘open mind’ that critics love to flaunt - the kind that really means “If you agree with me you have an open mind - if you agree with scientists you don’t”.

What next? I could claim to want the information because I have an open mind, but tomorrow you'd say you won't post the information because I didn't say "pretty please?".
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2010 1:27:50 PM
I once knew a man who gave a beautiful priceless gift to those who only scorned and had no appreciation for the true value of the gift. They sought only their immediate gratification and in their numbness of mind wasted the one opportunity they had to secure a one true treasure. On these the gift was wasted.

Susan you feign sincerity!

A Chinese proverb says " Be careful you do not be caught arguing with an idiot as those who observe may not be able to tell the difference."

Susan you are not open to learning something from me NOR from anyone who believes differently from you. You have made that very clear. So why do you insist on making an issue over my not sending you a link when its obvious that you would only treat it with scorn and an unobjective viewpoint?

I am not trying to "teach" you a lesson...or make you say "pretty please"....frankly you appear to be more adept at finding things on the computor than I, so if you REALLY DO want to research the evidence...by all means go to it!!
 susan_cd
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/4/2010 3:05:53 PM

Susan you are not open to learning something from me NOR from anyone who believes differently from you. You have made that very clear. So why do you insist on making an issue over my not sending you a link when its obvious that you would only treat it with scorn and an unobjective viewpoint?

It appears that the evidence you make claims about is so fragile that if it was presented here & I treated it with scorn it would be destroyed. If it IS valid evidence & I treated it with scorn, that wouldn't change the fact that it is "massive evidence" in any way; it makes one wonder why you're afraid to post this evidence.

Clinical & skeptical minds would take your refusal to post the evidence as a sign that the "massive evidence that suggests that the Bible is way much more than just another book written by men" isn't as solid as you believe it to be, or perhaps the evidence is only valid when the Bible is taken as a historically factual book.

Susan you are not open to learning something from me NOR from anyone who believes differently from you. You have made that very clear

Actually, what I've made clear is that if someone is going to claim something ( whether just in passing or trying to have me learn something) & it's something I don't believe or have doubts about then they can expect me to ask for evidence to support their claim. And the contents of the Bible alone can't be used as evidence of their validity.

frankly you frankly you appear to be more adept at finding things on the computor than I, so if you REALLY DO want to research the evidence...by all means go to it!! , so if you REALLY DO want to research the evidence...by all means go to it!!

So today's excuse is that since I appear to be more adept at finding things on the computer than you, I should find the evidence to support your claim for you?

No, I don't think so.

The point is that you are claiming the evidence exists ( but won't post it) and I don't believe the evidence exsists. Since I don't believe it exists, I am not going to waste my time looking for it so I can prove YOUR claim.

The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 10:23:24 AM
Well there you go!
Exactly!
Your last comments give full support to what I just said previously.
Since this is just a game of debate to you...I raise my flag in victory!!
I AM THE WINNER!!
Game over!
 susan_cd
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/5/2010 1:16:53 PM
Your last comments give full support to what I just said previously.
Since this is just a game of debate to you...I raise my flag in victory!!
I AM THE WINNER!!

Nice try, but debate winners are decide by a panel of judge, not by the ones engaged in the debate.

And my last comments were :

I am not going to waste my time looking for it so I can prove YOUR claim

and:

The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim.

And you feel that since YOU won't prove your claim & I won't look for evidence to support YOUR claim then you won?

Judges? your decision?

I see today's reason for not posting your alleged evidence is you want to make up your own rules for debating & end the debate so you don't have to post your non-existent evidence.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2010 9:26:43 AM
Correct me if I am wrong..(and heaven knows you would)....but I am getting the distinct feeling that that someone has a obsessive compulsive disorder for making sure they have the last word.
So by all means...go for it susan...
I will end my conversation with a well known quote:

"WHATEVER!"
 susan_cd
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/7/2010 9:50:17 AM

I will end my conversation with a well known quote:

"WHATEVER!"

Of course you will end your onversation like that, rather than post your evidence.

I don't need to have the last word, I'd just rather see people willing to back up assertations they make, instead of having people make assertations & assume that people will blindly accept it without question.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2010 9:10:33 AM
I was going to let this drop because there was no reasoning with Susan on the point I was making ....but then I thought: "NO!"

Susan, you are just trying to cop out....I am willing to bet you likely are copping out on alot of things in your life....I don't mean this as insulting but rather as direct observance on how you are side-stepping and avoiding dealing with this topic, probably is an indication of conflicts which you have been unable resolve in your life and therefore attempt to make excuses for dealing with them.

You have ignored my statements, to the effect, that I am not here to preach the "gospel" to you. Yet you insist that I provide proof to you about the divinity of the Bible via "links"...which in effect , would be preaching the "gospel" to you.

I have suggested to you where you can go to get the answers...BUT NO! thats not the way YOU want to get the information! Why ? Because those people are preaching the "gospel" to you. The logic overwhelms me!...NO WIN SITUATION!!

I explained to you that I got the answers through years of experience....talking to different people...trying to understand different viewpoints....and reading, and studying and more READING!
In BOOKS ! Of all things! Remember those Susan?? Those are things you actually have pick up with your hands...push away from the computor...and sit and physically turn pages and read. I DID NOT USE "LINKS" to LEARN!!

Yet you demand that I MUST give you a "link" that will sum up all that experience, learning and kowledge in one "link"!
And if I don't provide you with that one "link" then there is no evidence..no proof...no basis for believing that the Bible is more than just another book.

You insult my intelligence...and are making a mockery of all the efforts I have made to discover "truth". It took years for me to discover a little bit of truth...you assume this can be summed up with one "link". This just shows how poorly un-informed you are..or minimally wish to remain.

So if you INSIST on a "link" then go do your own research to find that "link"...there is likely some info out there if you really want it ( BUT NOTE: I DID NOT COME TO MY UNDERSTANDINGS THRU "LINKS")
...otherwise you can take my advise and listen and learn directly from others as I did.
..alternately you can remain stuck on your own wisdom and opinions.
...what you decide is really none of my business.
 susan_cd
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/10/2010 2:10:26 PM

Yet you demand that I MUST give you a "link" that will sum up all that experience, learning and kowledge in one "link"!
And if I don't provide you with that one "link" then there is no evidence..no proof...no basis for believing that the Bible is more than just another book.

Actually, what you said was :

They ignore massive evidence that suggests that the Bible is way much more than just another book written by men.

And I've asked for some links to these "massive amounts of evidence" which you are claiming exist.

I never said you "MUST give you a "link" that will sum up all that experience, learning and kowledge in one "link">

I never said if you "don't provide you with that one "link" then there is no evidence..no proof...no basis for believing that the Bible is more than just another book".

All I've said is you've CLAIMED there are massive amounts of evidence and that I would like to view this evidence.

You have yet to provide anything ( other than excuses why you won't post links to this claimed evidence).

As to your comment "don't provide you with that one "link" then there is no evidence..no proof...no basis for believing that the Bible is more than just another book", no that would indicate there is no evidence..no proof...no basis for believing that YOU have any such massive amounts of evidence the Bible is more than just another book.

You insult my intelligence...and are making a mockery of all the efforts I have made to discover "truth".

No, I'm making a mockery of your claim of massive amounts of evidence.

It took years for me to discover a little bit of truth...you assume this can be summed up with one "link".

You're the only one saying it's to be done in 1 link.

So if you INSIST on a "link" then go do your own research to find that "link"

Go look for data to prove your point? You're the one that made the claim, I'm just asking that you back it up.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2010 2:05:31 PM
Then answer THESE specific:
Since I came to understand "the massive evidence" NOT through "a link" ..two "links" or numerous "links"...BUT THROUGH PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL STUDY AND READING, why do you assume I have a "link"?

Do you believe that all knowledge and truth exists ONLYon the internet and therefore it all must have a link?

Would it really matter to you personally whether there was "massive evidence" or not?

Is it true that you are opposed to principles and morals stated in the Bible so much so that even if you were presented with "massive evidence" that supported its coming from the Almighty God, you still would ignore it?
 susan_cd
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/2/2010 2:07:37 PM

Theres a person, who post too much on here, who needs both afull-body Burca), and a muzzle.

If you feel someone post too much, perhaps you should take it up with the moderators & see what they think.

This person loves to argue, and appear right

1) nothing wrong with arguing, long as you don't get personal with ad hominem attacks ( such as, for example, "who needs both afull-body Burca" ( whatever a "burca" is ) and "and a muzzle" ).

2) who doesn't like to appear right?

A heart, and a brain are good options too.

Last I heard, a person needs both to live, so unless you're implying I'm some sort of zombie or android I'm not sure what your point is.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/3/2010 4:23:13 PM
you two should get a room
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 6:25:26 PM
Now wait one minute here!

Since Rozzko was obviously talking about me, why should susan and rozzko go get a room? Besides Dudley if they were to get a room, it would be at the Aquarius and you might be invited to watch!!

The reason Rozzko must referring to me is because I did prove I was right , as I always do and also I have been considering on getting a "body wrap" in order to loose weight. Not sure about wrapping up my mouth since that wouldn't restrict my typing.

But I DO AGREE I post on here WAY TOO MUCH!!
 susan_cd
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/7/2010 10:43:11 PM

I have been considering on getting a "body wrap" in order to loose weight. Not sure about wrapping up my mouth since that wouldn't restrict my typing.

But I'd think wrapping your mouth would also help you lose weight ( I'm just saying, not suggesting you should wrap your mouth).

Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2010 5:01:12 PM
Pretty boring over done topic.

No wonder the forums have died.
 susan_cd
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/10/2010 10:30:55 PM
^^^ doesn't really have anything to do with burquas.

I started a new thread asking if you ( all readers, not just rozzko) think vaccines are a health risk.

Let's see if the thread remains, and if it does those that feel that way about vaccines can use that thread to discuss their views.
 susan_cd
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/12/2010 9:46:29 PM
There's a thread specifically for people who feel vaccines are bad, you should be posting there.

You post the same anti-vaccine rant on any thread here, regardless of the topic of the thread, do you even read the threads you're posting on, or do you merely type a long diatribe somewhere & simply paste it wherever you can?

Autism has increased from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 67 in some areas. In another decade there will be few normal kids. Once your children and grandchildren are autistic, maybe some people will wise up. Of course, it will be too late for your children and grandchildren. Oh, and I'm talkin about Burqas. The vaccine thing is just symbolism.

Just when we start to think rozzko can't say something more stupid than one of his previous posts, he does post something stupider.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Burqas etc.....What is your opinion?