Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gentleplus
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Are They Serial Dating or Seeking a Long-Term Relationship?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
So if I was to approach you from behind and started humping your leg what would you assume my motivation and agenda was??

Would I be a serial dater or looking for a long term relationship?

Noooooooo.... it could be u had an itch and had just done ur nails and didnt want to mess up ur nail polish?????

LOL WINK
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 98
Are They Serial Dating or Seeking a Long-Term Relationship?
Posted: 12/25/2009 9:35:46 AM
To each - their own....
Personally, I'm looking for a Long-term, loving Partnership..!!
If it takes 4 0r 5 'dates'...O-K...
If the ~Two-Way~ chemistry is right with the very next lady I meet, so much the better..!!
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/25/2009 9:49:56 AM

Personally, I'm looking for a Long-term, loving Partnership..!!
If it takes 4 0r 5 'dates'...O-K...

My goodness do you think you would know in 4 or 5 dates? Or were you thinking you might have to date 4 or 5 people before coming across the right one?

I think you might have to date quite a number of people before finding the one just right for you. You just have to hope it does not go into the 3 digit numbers.

thecatsmeoww
 ForumFilly
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/25/2009 1:21:49 PM
I think that even a confirmed serial dater will fall victim to an LTR, if and when (s)he meets the right person. I believe that there are VERY few people in this world that would choose to spend their lives without ever having a meaningful romantic relationship and, the few that do feel that way, are not immune to falling in love. When you meet the right person, you're views on many things can change. I know it has happened to me a few times when I was adamant that I had no desire to be in a serious relationship.

But this is just my take on it.
 strollinbella
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/26/2009 5:46:58 AM
What I seem to run into on a fairly regular basis, both online and close to home, is that some men who claim to be looking for long term will run as soon as they realize I am developing feelings for them. In one case, we had a great deal in common, and always had fun together, no matter where we were or what we were doing. All signs seemed to point to a future; then he suddenly said he wanted to see other women while still having me in his life. NOT THIS LADY!!!! (Caps for emphasis only)
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/26/2009 7:39:34 AM

What I seem to run into on a fairly regular basis, both online and close to home, is that some men who claim to be looking for long term will run as soon as they realize I am developing feelings for them.

Long term means different things to different people..
Long term for someone could be a relationship lasting 3-6 months.
Long term for someone else could mean a 1-2 year relationship.
Longer term for someone else could mean for the rest of their life..

Most of the ones I meet that put long term are happy with however long it lasts.. They do not really think of it in terms of forever and ever.. They have been there done that and have wised up as they put it..

Have not got to the point of developing feelings other than friendship ones so I posed no threat in that regard..

thecatsmeoww
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/29/2009 8:23:03 PM
~Meee-yo-wwww!~
Why is it that I can't find someone attractive, available and willing to at least Date
a n y w h e r e close to me..??
I'd prefer a Long-term/lifetime relationship...
And...willing to relocate...once the connection and affection is established...
'Distance' has been a real killer to my efforts...
I thought that this site would be an Improvement over the Bar-scene...
So far...it's only served to get my hopes up...too many times...then ...
~dash~ them on the rocks.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/30/2009 3:01:51 AM

..he has to want me as much as i want him...

i'm going to keep dating, and having fun, until i find this man...

Indeed that is what I am looking for as well.. Like you I will keep on dating until I find him..
Just to correct an earlier post of mine although I date men just as friends one of them did state it was the one thing that scared him about me. That I thought in terms of finding that special person that would be my last relationship in my life.. I told him what scared me about him was that he did not..

So not everyone who puts long term means the same thing by it.

thecatsmeoww
 ankkka
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/30/2009 6:24:06 AM
Be realistic!Of course...more people on dating site are serial dating and not looking for LTR...like silly and naive me....
 Fifi47
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/30/2009 6:34:54 AM
It seems that some men have gotten addicted to the online candy store syndrome as I call it, and do not get to know any woman exclusively, for they are sure that the perfect woman is going to be found. I have found that men I have met IRL to be a lot more open minded about a woman's appearance and personality than the ones I met online. My never married state seems to be a problem with many men, be it IRL or online, which could be due to my geographic location. I have met some awesome seeming men online who found me appealing, but distance has almost always been a deterrent. Long term to me means having a monogamous relationship when both people are seeking marriage, and hopefully the relationship would not get to that point if either person did not have the same feelings or goals. I have a difficult time finding dates, but even if I had lots of opportunites would not be one to serial date. I did that a bit when I was younger, and it just seemed to leave me tired, feeling like it was a waste of my time, and nervous about keeping the facts about each man, etc. confused. ( had 3 dates one day and the men all had the same first name)
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/30/2009 8:53:17 AM

It seems that some men have gotten addicted to the online candy store syndrome as I call it, and do not get to know any woman exclusively, for they are sure that the perfect woman is going to be found.

I am honestly not sure they are even looking for the perfect woman. I will share some comments of some of the local men I have met and dated a few times.

Man number one: Date One:Clears his throat and says listen I want to be upfront with you.. I have been married and have done that in my lifetime and I am not looking to do it again..
Me being casual in my response says oh? What about living together?
His response not sure about that..

Man Number two: First date again.. I will treat you like a princess.. I believe partners should share and am willing to help you with anything you need help with. So what do you think about that?
My reply:hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (I am silently thinking this is first date talk?) Don't you think we ought to get to know one another first?
Okay he says sure I want to know do you like oral sex cause I am very oral
My reply: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thecatsmeoww

thecatsmeoww
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/30/2009 9:27:04 AM

Okay he says sure I want to know do you like oral sex cause I am very oral
My reply: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

...OK...So....what did you say his screen name was?

Serial dater? I can guarantee that I am so far away from being a serial dater it's not even funny...it's actually quite sad now that I think about it.

...maeflowers
 MondoVman
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 11:47:23 AM
Some awesome honesty in the cat's post.

I need an online dating handbook - lacking that I'm forced to read post after post of more or less nothingness - I thinks and You shoulds - then try to piece together The Answer Sheet. Anyone got one they'd care to share?

Life's too short for evasiveness and game playing with my most serious, relationship issues/preferences.

Is it anywhere written for us to NOT ask via 2nd email our fundamental questions? (i.e. I need to do this or start doing this and get back to y'all). For instance, "I'm dating to find a long term, rest of my life, monogamous relationship. Are you?"

As cat reported, she (waited to) got her info from a meet and greet ... so that aspect was successful.

Let's take responsibility for saying "yes" to meets and greets, and the information gained.
Let's be honest, adult, share what works, celebrate and have a little fun with ourselves, too.
(Oh ya, and stay out of the Politics forum, where the sweetest person here may be a flaming, opinion-vigilante. heh.)
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/31/2009 4:30:15 AM

Is it anywhere written for us to NOT ask via 2nd email our fundamental questions? (i.e. I need to do this or start doing this and get back to y'all). For instance, "I'm dating to find a long term, rest of my life, monogamous relationship. Are you?"

Good point by Mondo.. In fact we can put it in our profile.. Unfortunately what I have found is sometimes people can be selective in what they choose to read..

I found most men were very honest with what they are looking for.. Some will come right out and state it and others you will have to learn how to read between the lines rather quickly..

I was quite surprised yesterday when meeting a gent for coffee which eventually turned out to be dinner out, that on the way home he stated he could not wait to get off this site..We were actually have a conversation about nutrition so it kind of came out of left field..

I must admit this was in fact the first person I met that stated something like that..

thecatsmeoww
 DivineBovine
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2009 6:29:49 AM

what's wrong with putting that in your profile?

before i deleted my contents in preparation for a re-write, i had that in there.
 Fifi47
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/31/2009 6:48:16 AM
I put that I want to get married in my profile, and have received several email telling me that now I will surely never get any responses, as no men want to get married, or if they do I have to act like I do not. Never played the stupid games and never will. Maybe the man you met who said he would love to get off the site is a keeper, hope he meant it.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/31/2009 9:03:16 AM
This particularly is an very interesting thread to me. Some people will know what kind of relationship they are looking for.. Others maybe stumbling in the dark for awhile. So although you hope to meet someone looking for the very same kind of relationship you are since that would be a very good starting point.. It is a starting point and one must keep in mind it is not the whole point.

In fact you might meet someone that will come across you path that is in a transition phase and indeed moving towards it.

I have known many couples that met just as friends, fell in love and lived happily ever after. Bob described his perfect relationship as living in the same apartment complex and having side by side apartments with an adjoining door.. Ahh but that was before Bob met Sally and she broke down the door..

They are now happily married and bought a new condo together just last year..

thecatsmeoww

gentleplus
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2010 10:05:52 AM
I need an online dating handbook - lacking that I'm forced to read post after post of more or less nothingness - I thinks and You shoulds - then try to piece together The Answer Sheet. Anyone got one they'd care to share?

Mondo ... thebook was written by Steve Harvey for his daughers use then published for us all... Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man... a good read
 cotter
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2010 4:10:58 PM

Long term means different things to different people..
They do not really think of it in terms of forever and ever..
That's right ... it's currently what many men put on their profiles instead of "Intimate Encounter" or even "dating".

LMAO ...
... maybe their interpretation of "long term" is ... "however long it takes to get her in the sack" ... which is what they're really after.

"Dating" on many mens' profiles is a pretty good indication that they are not interested in anything but screwing and hitting the road. And for those who are just about to get their briefs or boxers in a knot over that ... please note I did not say ALL men.

You might be able to get a possible FWB out of them, but who wants to be any kind of FWB if he's getting his dip stick wet with every new date? Barf!!!

Best assumption ... there are no guarantees.
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/5/2010 12:21:46 PM
Dating" on many mens' profiles is a pretty good indication that they are not interested in anything but screwing and hitting the road. And for those who are just about to get their briefs or boxers in a knot over that ... please note I did not say ALL men.
Thanks, 'cotter'....
I chose L-T-R because I _Mean_ L-T-R...!!
I try to set up a 'date' with someone I've found 'attractive' , in hopes that we may find a mutual attraction...
Which may (or may Not) lead to a romance....
Which may lead to a Long-term Partnership..!!

Lonliness is - as my Canadian buddies always say - .. a BEAR..!!
I'm _Much_ more energetic and happy when I'm Sharing myself with someone I admire and respect...!!
 viper1j
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/24/2011 9:37:29 AM

I'm concerned about the serial dater types. How can you tell if someone is really trying to find a long-term relationship, or are they just addicted to the thrill of continually meeting new people?

Interesting. so you plan to marry the first person you meet on here..
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in THAT bedroom 10 years from now..
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/26/2011 1:41:41 PM
I've never been a 'Serial-Dater'...
I go into each first 'date' as the potential of it being the Last 'first' one I'll ever have..!!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >