Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 larissan04
Msg: 167
Tricked into meeting a married man, would you tell the wife?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
avonfresh~

but it is your business. if a person is unwittingly "tricked" into dating a married man, then they are now part of the situation. this person is made an accessory to this man's deception.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 168
Tricked into meeting a married man, would you tell the wife?
Posted: 9/1/2011 6:27:55 AM
When I was younger, and hanging out in the clubs and bars, I met many women who were married. (I think it helped sour me on marriage it was so common.) They rarely tell you they're married right away, and you usually find out from a third party and are forced to confront them .

Telling their husband never occurred to me. Who needs the headache? I did nothing wrong and would rather just remove myself from the situation. Their issues are separate from mine. You're just inviting drama into you life by inserting yourself further into the situation. Cut the ties and move on.
 larissan04
Msg: 169
Posted: 9/3/2011 10:02:00 PM
chinashopbull~

yes, but you are talking about meeting women in a bar. this hardly constitutes what the op is talking about here. if a woman has been in a relationship with a man and later finds out that he is married, yeah, that is a whole different thing. it's one thing to have a hook up with someone and then later find out that the person was married, but it is another thing entirely when a man lies to a woman about his marital status and actually has a relationship with her.
 fitzsij1
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/3/2011 10:17:22 PM
No,

Cause no harm to others.

Let the wife be unaware or maybe knowing and accepting his cheating.

It does no good to anyone to " snitch"

Joe
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 171
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:33:43 AM
Larissan04...

Nope. That's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm not, nor have I ever been, a wam-bam-thank you mam guy. All the women who lied to me or withheld the truth were women I saw beyond meeting them in social venues. I've had the wives of friends and coworkers make blatant passes at parties with their man in the next room... Many times. (though that is a separate issue.). Women are just as bad as men. Or at least some women and some men.
 infennario
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:38:22 PM
I wasn’t the wife, but was the live-in girlfriend for a year. I was glad when the woman that EX-bf had invited to go on a trip told me. I’m not sure that she did it for the sisterhood, but I was glad she did it. We had some good talks. I liked her.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 173
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:50:19 PM
~OT~ Personally? I'd not tell a soul except him and what I'd tell him wouldn't be very nice. The wife is likely aware or at least suspicious and as adults, we are in charge of our own destinies (so to speak....) I was cheated on. Congress could have sent me a memo and I would have politely responded that I was aware and thanked them for the concern. Sometimes we do things that make no sense to others, such as weathering an affair. And then there is the taboo reality here on POF: maybe they are in an open relationship and she's well aware. Not likely, but it happens. So no ~ telling isn't an option for me personally. But I view life quite differently than most apparently. JMO
 Thick_Mexicana
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/4/2011 8:08:10 PM
yup. u tell the wife. Wouldn't you want the **** to tell you?
 Thick_Mexicana
Msg: 175
Would you tell the wife?
Posted: 9/4/2011 8:09:12 PM
investigate moron!
 StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 177
Would you tell the wife?
Posted: 11/17/2011 11:55:55 AM
She doesn't need to know the details of your affair with him. Simply screenshot his profile and e-mail it to her...or print it out and send it to her. That gives her all the information she needs to do some investigating of her own, without rubbing her face in it. She can either take the information and run with it, or pull the wool over her own eyes.

Good luck to you-
 zakone
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/18/2011 10:49:11 PM
Yep!........Deffinatly!....
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 180
Posted: 11/18/2011 11:17:53 PM
I would not bother. I would just say screw it & move on without a second thought, & be glad i am not his wife.
 zakone
Msg: 181
Would you tell the wife?
Posted: 11/18/2011 11:47:20 PM
I dont think that its that the women are crazy domo, i think its just a case of "love being blind" and that be they male or female they find it hard to believe that they've been betrayed buy the one that there supposed to be able to trust and thats supposed to love them more than anyone else. Its a hard pill to swallow, trust me. And i feel that they must be told as once a cheat always a cheat......i cant think of one exception in my time on this planet?
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/19/2011 5:13:25 AM
Not only would I kick the laying jackhole where it hurts, I'd definitely make it my business to tell his wife. I don't tolerate this low-life behavior by married losers and contrary to alot of the replies in this thread, *I* wouldn't be the one "hurting his wife" or "causing her damage" - that would be her lying, cheating scumbag husband who would be doing that.

Every man I met from POF was told the same thing when I first met them. I told them all that they'd better not be married and lying about being single/available. I told them if I did find out they were married, I'd make it my business to find their wife and tell her. Then I'd hunt them down, rip off their arm and beat them with the bloody stump.

If a married guy wants to disrespect me by LYING about his marital status and conning me into meeting him, then he DESERVES whatever he gets.
 raylynninsac
Msg: 185
Would you tell the wife?
Posted: 8/7/2015 10:59:22 AM
I dated one for 2 months, as I became more and more suspicious of his lies, I lead on to ot less and less and launched a full fledged investigation on him. He lied about his last name, where he lived and his marital status. Using crumbs of knowledge that he let slip I was able to find his house, did a reverse search on the address and found his wife's name. I researched her on social media. I emailed her, and sure enough, they still lived together, there was no 8 month separation, he was not a full time single father. All lies. He thought he was so slick telling me I can't find him on the internet cuz he took a class on how to delete yourself from the web. Yeah, that or give me a fake name. After outing him to his wife, I let him know his address, real name and wife's name. He's not very happy, but let this b a lesson to all those who think all women are so thirsty for love and affection that they'll ignore their women's intuition. I didn't and you shouldn't either!!! 15 years they've been married, she's been suspicious of affairs for years and no one came forward, shame on him and them
 southernfl
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Would you tell the wife?
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:19:55 AM
I was talking with one decent looking , educated ( as his profile says ) guy. After few days of emailing each other , he wanted to meet up . I suggested weekends , he offered meeting during the lunch time on any weekdays . lol He said he is so busy with his own business that his evenings and entire weekends are full . I said that he sounds like a married man :). He was denying being married , and switched a subject . I just let him know if I ever was unfortunate enough to be involved with a married man , I'd find a way to let his wife know ... I've never heard from him again , in fact he blocked me ... Hehe
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Would you tell the wife?
Posted: 9/11/2015 2:21:17 AM
You were foolish not to look him up before you started dating. the red flags were waving that he was married and you seemed to ignore them.

I would not tell his wife. Keep well out of it. You don't know how she will react against you or what he may do.

Having unprotected sex was also foolish. You do know that retirement villages are rife with STDs?? You would not be the first one I am sure and she may even know about him and be doing it herself. But looking at your age group, I doubt it. She may perhaps be glad that someone else is bonking him as she is over it....

However you are making all sorts of assumptions about their relationship and my guess is that they wont separate over something like an affair.

. I hope you have no little reminders that you cant get rid of as a result of this rather foolish liaison..
 south_city
Msg: 188
Would you tell the wife?
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:47:31 PM
I would not tell her husband if I found a woman that I was dating is married. Walk away from situation and avoid any additional drama or potential problems.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >